Author Topic: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?  (Read 244151 times)

Offline TengenToppan

Re: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 15:39:46 »
The grip tape is starting to wear out... i peeled it off and it left some sticky residue off my mouse

how do i clean it?

My guess would be some Goo Gone. It usually does the trick for adhesives

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #551 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:46:59 »
The grip tape is starting to wear out... i peeled it off and it left some sticky residue off my mouse

how do i clean it?

thanks man

Offline Marchioness

« Reply #552 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 18:06:36 »
I'm currently using a Logitech MX Master for everyday use, and a Razer Deathadder Elite for gaming.

Lately I've been interested in trying out a trackball though...
Topre Realforce 91U | Realforce 108U | HHKB Pro JP

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #553 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 17:15:31 »

how do i clean it?

thanks man
If it's just residue from tape Goo Gone should work but if it's that soft coating that gets sticky over time, that's a whole other beast. That requires the hard stuff like WD40 or rubbing alcohol.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #554 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 17:18:39 »
I'm using a freebie CyberPower gaming mouse that came with my wife's computer. It's a big hand-ful and nice on the fingers, the feet are as slick as ice, and the scroll wheel feels like heaven! I like it so far. It has gaudy lights on it too  :p
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #555 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 18:13:56 »
I got myself an old IBM ScrollPoint mouse, with a TrackPoint instead of a scroll wheel.
It's a later model with an optical sensor and a wider knub.

I don't know if the TrackPoint is broken or if it is supposed to be this way... because the scrolling is much too sensitive to be practical.
There doesn't seem to be any way to alter the sensitivity either:  I can find no settings-buttons and there is nothing out of the ordinary with the USB descriptors.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #556 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 04:32:40 »
Welp, there goes more of my money. I had no idea those existed and now I must buy one.

EDIT: bought one on eBay.

What other weird IBM peripherals are there?
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2020, 04:41:07 by funkmon »

Offline Tinman39

« Reply #557 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 17:26:25 »
Jus got a Glorious Model D in matte white and I really like it. It had been a while since I had used a good mouse.

Offline DrJackman

« Reply #558 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:09:53 »
2019 ms intellipro dark shadow.

i love this mose

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #559 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 00:24:53 »
Been daily driving a Logitech G403 for about 3 years now. Great fit for my hand and has never had an issue.

Offline Mr_Spaceman

• Formerly wootman
« Reply #560 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 11:51:43 »
Using a Glorious Model O Minus in Matte white on the desktop, and an MX Master 2S for my laptop. The Model O-'s lack of weight has really spoiled me though, might get a much lighter wireless mouse for the laptop soon enough

Offline Marchioness

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 19:00:29 »
My Microsoft Pro Intellimouse arrived today! It will replace both my MX Master and Deathadder Elite for everyday use.
Topre Realforce 91U | Realforce 108U | HHKB Pro JP

Offline jamster

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 23:42:15 »
I'm ditching the Elecom Huge trackball. Going to put it up on a classified site today.

Screw waiting for replacement bearings, the overall user experience of this thing is terrible. I've gone back to a $20 wireless Logitech with a noticeably crappy sensor, still better than this Elecom.

Offline adsimilisjesu

« Reply #563 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 00:08:54 »
I have a logitech m570 trackball in my laptop bag for travel, but use the old wired version at home. i prefer the latter, but they are a bit costly. also, have the old razer deathadder for my extreme GaMiNg DeSkToP for unrivaled performance and an extra RGB FPS boost. seriously though, the deathadder fits perfectly in my hand and the texture is pretty nice as well

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #564 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 08:34:38 »
I rotate my pointy devices out monthly, so I use my Fnatic Flick G1, Model O, G403 Wireless, DeathAdder BO3 edition, FM Scream 1, and Rival 110.  I still have a few more mice in my collection that I have just retired from rotation.  The Rival 110 has now been passed over to my 5yr old, which I might swap for the CM MM711 due to its size and weight - he has started playing games with me more often other than his usual MineCraft and Roblox (Destiny 2, CoD: MW, Fortnite, CS:GO, CoD: MW2).  I have a hardware addiction and hoarding problem, lol.

Currently I want to get a FM Cape Town, End Game XM1, and the Model D- to add to my collection.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #565 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 09:07:40 »
I'm running an MX Master 3 at home for day-to-day, because that electromagnet controlled scroll wheel is just beautiful to use.

Then I've got a Corsair Scimitar Pro for when I play WoW, because buttons.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline Warduke

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 13:54:36 »
Kensington SlimBlade. Just got it minutes ago. I'll update in about a week, give it some time to see if I like really it or not but so far, I like it. The scrolling will take some time to get use to but I have a feeling I'm going to love it after a few days.

Unicomp Customizer 104 - Rosewill RK-9000 - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - CM Storm QuickFire Stealth -
Pok3r

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #567 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 10:50:33 »
CST wore out. After some soul-searching, I decided to go back to a regular mouse and am now using a Cooler Master MM720.

Excellent mouse for fingertip grip: 105mm, 49g, PMW3389, optical switches, soft cable. Even has side buttons, despite the small size. Feels solid, too. If it lasts, I can see this mouse moving to the top of my recommendation list for this grip.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline cheater

« Reply #568 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 18:13:42 »
Logitech G600, and it's FINALLY solved all my problems. I have dedicated buttons for switching desktop, window, tab, going back/forward in history, and pressing the left/right arrow key (super useful on many websites). With the g-shift key pressed (it's a third "large" mouse key"), I also have access to close/reopen tab. I'm super happy with it.

Offline rlx

« Reply #569 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 13:39:55 »
I'm using the Logitech MX Master 3 and an original MX 2 Anywhere when I'm working in the office.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 14:17:56 »
That NES controller looking mouse.
I love it, except for the stupid touch pad scroll wheel. It works okay (after you mess with the settings), but the tactility of an actual, real, wheal, is SO much better. Still gonna use it, becasue it looks so cool.

Offline yqqdrasil

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 13:46:50 »
After only a month or so of using my Model D -, the mousehweel has started squeaking. Starting to think the only products they make that pass QC are their mousepads.

Guess I'm going back to my old faithful MM710 until I'm in the mood to fix it.

Offline trace.

• 「ひとりぼっち」「empty4ever」
« Reply #572 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 07:09:48 »
Waiting for my corepads to arrive for the GPX Superlight. Using Deathadder V2, and Viper for now.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #573 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 08:07:20 »
 My 6.3" Jelly Comb trackpad that's sitting on top of my Kinesis Advantage2 LF.  3-4 finger gestures with Ubuntu 20.04 via https://github.com/bulletmark/libinput-gestures.conf.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #574 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 19:47:15 »
Kensington SlimBlade. Just got it minutes ago. I'll update in about a week, give it some time to see if I like really it or not but so far, I like it. The scrolling will take some time to get use to but I have a feeling I'm going to love it after a few days.

Show Image

I want one but I'm worried there's nowhere to rest your hand/palm. Let me know if that gets tiring or old after a while.
Also don't love the button placement, seems like you'd need to hold your hand in a weird position.

Wish there was a Logi Marble style with a full-sized ball, programmable buttons, and scrolling. Maybe the Ploopy fits that bill?

Offline Bitdrive

• * Maker
  • Sup I’m new and takin a look around
    • @bitdrive Instagram
« Reply #575 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 13:40:13 »
A rosewill neon m59 pretty cheap mouse but I love the shape.
Additionally I added a white carbon fiber vinyl wrap  :D

261361-0 261363-1 261365-2

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #576 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 16:09:31 »
At my home desktop setup, I currently use the Razer Naga Hex V2 I've had for years - and I honestly think I'd have to get a new Naga, or something similar, if my current one were to finally kick the bucket. I've gotten too used to having all of those numbers right there at my thumb for the games I play at home! Not just MMOs or games like League (which I finally quit a few months ago, best decision I've ever made!), but even for Doom Eternal or the PC port of Halo MCC's weird control bindings (Change weapon on 1? Change grenade on 2? Halo 4's sprint on Z?!? Weird, yes, but you can get used to it). Sure, the Hex V2 only goes up to 7, but I still find the utility of it indispensable in my use case. Been eyeing one of the ones that has 12 buttons, but I'm definitely not going to pull the trigger on getting a new one until I've run this one into the ground. No reason to.

As for work, though I haven't asked around too much, I've been sticking with the provided crap-tastic Lenovo "included with ThinkCentre PCs" mouse because I'm not sure they allow employees to use non-company peripherals. And, well... It definitely works as a mouse that points at things on a screen, that's for sure, but I feel like I could accidentally break it in half if I were to put a single ounce of pressure on the wrong spot, i.e., anywhere but the buttons because of the crappy plastic and build quality. Only good thing I can say about it is that the scroll wheel clicks into place nicely when scrolling, and isn't a freewheel, which I'm not a fan of. But even that's got the bad side of it not always clicking into place properly and feeling terrible.

Offline micmil

« Reply #577 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 00:23:24 »
Logitech G700s for funzies, Elecom Huge for work. I'm just slightly annoyed that the Huge apparently uses some weird-assed button functionality that doesn't let it send the correct keystrokes across RDP.

Offline buryberry

« Reply #578 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 00:49:44 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 08:09:44 by buryberry »

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #579 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 03:38:51 »
MX Ergo for work and a Xenics Titan GX Air Wireless for gaming.

Offline trace.

• 「ひとりぼっち」「empty4ever」
« Reply #580 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 10:09:15 »
Superlight with Corepads on an Artisan Hien X-Soft. I will actually just not buy mousepads from other companies any time soon unless I have budget constraints.

Offline emsonftw

« Reply #581 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 05:23:50 »
Im using for 9 years Logitech G400. Perfect mouse  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #582 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 21:00:17 »
My old wired Dell optical mouse met with an "accident", so I started using a physically similar wired Microsfot optical mouse.

That was terrible - even with tracking speed set all the way up, it was still very slow.  Plus it would randomly jump the mouse pointer to one or the other side of the screen.  And the scroll wheel feels sticky.

On a whim, I unpackaged the Apple Magic Mouse 2 that came with the iMac and has never been used.  It still had about 40% charge in it.  It paired immediately (probably shipped paired originally), and has been working surprisingly well.

Instead of clicking a scroll wheel, I simply slide my finger back and forth on the smooth spot where a scroll wheel would be and the page scrolls - magic!

The only complaint is that it is a bit small for my hands, but I seem to have fairly large hands and most mouses seem too small.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #583 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 02:34:25 »
Logitech Trackman Marble and Zowie EC2-A.
No frills, just gets the damn job done.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #584 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 10:34:40 »
Here they are in all their dusty glory. An old, original Rival for games and an Itac Mouse-Trak for everything else.
270910-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #585 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 06:07:22 »
Recently acquired a Logitech G Pro x Superlight as a late birthday gift for myself and have been using it over the past month+ - great mouse over all so far.   
  Also after getting this mouse I'm thinking of downsizing my current collection as I dont see myself using all these mice and my son's hands are too small for the majority of them (which is why I got him a MM711).  Might just keep my Scream 1 and Flick G1.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 June 2021, 06:13:09 by Darthbaggins »

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D