Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 555259 times)

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #3450 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 09:14:07 »
Oh boy! My missus let me order my new desk - Ikea Karlby worktop and Alex drawers set :D
I have a think with desks, something similar to my thing with camera bags - I juggle them like a looney...
This will be my... 5th or 6th desk in last 15 years.

Going to build something close to this, only one drawers going to be two shelf unit.

Show Image

Very cool setup, made me realise my desk is so messy gotta clean it up.

At this moment my desk looks like this. So getting rid of that shelf unit on the left and some other changes.

Show Image

beautiful, but im gonna guess you don't do a lot of gaming?
Unfortunately not anymore. At least not that much as I did when was younger :)
Why? How can you tell? :)

I think something happens to our brain after 40, that you start to loose interest in gaming, live more based on nostalgia and memories of old games you played in the past.
new games become annoying, not good enough to draw your attention. Lov for gaming simply burns out, fades away... :'(

ergonomic mouse, no proper mousepad, tv as a display... just a hunch :D
were you top fragger back in the day?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3451 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 17:27:59 »
At this moment my desk looks like this. So getting rid of that shelf unit on the left and some other changes.

Show Image

Oh I thought that was your setup lol, misred that.

Well your actual setup is really cozy. Still cleaner than mine. Speaking of I did get rid of all the clutter on my desk so it's somewhat neat (Just don't look to the side and below the desk lol , have too move everything into a more neat space)

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3452 on: Thu, 19 October 2023, 12:02:04 »
Oh boy! My missus let me order my new desk - Ikea Karlby worktop and Alex drawers set :D
I have a think with desks, something similar to my thing with camera bags - I juggle them like a looney...
This will be my... 5th or 6th desk in last 15 years.

Going to build something close to this, only one drawers going to be two shelf unit.

Show Image

Very cool setup, made me realise my desk is so messy gotta clean it up.

Show Image

beautiful, but im gonna guess you don't do a lot of gaming?
Unfortunately not anymore. At least not that much as I did when was younger :)
Why? How can you tell? :)

I think something happens to our brain after 40, that you start to loose interest in gaming, live more based on nostalgia and memories of old games you played in the past.
new games become annoying, not good enough to draw your attention. Lov for gaming simply burns out, fades away... :'(

ergonomic mouse, no proper mousepad, tv as a display... just a hunch :D
were you top fragger back in the day?

Well, I changed few things since that photo was taken.
Mouse was great, was a successor after years of using MX518. However Razer is a total crap in every way, so this mouse was also faulty, I had 2 or 3 and gave up.
Now I have Logitech Pro superlight. Keyboard was idao or sth - ID80, also changed.
TV - I wanted the best tech I could get for a monitor, so bought OLED, that is CX 48" - bought only for games.
Mouse pad is not required - deskmats are enough.

What else you can see on that photo, is that old PC on top left shelf - Pentium MMX 233MHz with nice Asus mobo. Sweet build.
Other shelf shows some old (from 1990) PC games magazine "Top Secret" (one of the most popular magazines in Poland back then).

I always was and still am PC gamer - hate consoles, never liked controllers, always played with mouse and keyboard.
I wouldn't call myself a top fragger, as I did not play a lot of FPP shooters - I played single player games only, loads of it. It would be easier to list those I did not play, then other way around :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2023, 12:06:00 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3453 on: Thu, 19 October 2023, 12:03:53 »

Show Image

Oh I thought that was your setup lol, misred that.

Well your actual setup is really cozy. Still cleaner than mine. Speaking of I did get rid of all the clutter on my desk so it's somewhat neat (Just don't look to the side and below the desk lol , have too move everything into a more neat space)

Show Image

Nah, just wanted to give example of the desk I'm getting.
It is really cozy, really small, 190cm wide, 2.5m long room, thing is it has fixed staircase to attic, so I practically sit under the stairs, my wife calls my room Harry Potter's room:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #3454 on: Thu, 26 October 2023, 07:48:23 »
idk if this counts as off topic since it technically has to do with keyboards but my art class teacher came up to me and went "Wooow thats so retro! it reminds me of college!" and she was talking about the M0110 (i was using my HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S) and i was like "I have one of those too lol" and she freaked out so that made me happy
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #3455 on: Thu, 26 October 2023, 08:02:52 »
idk if this counts as off topic since it technically has to do with keyboards but my art class teacher came up to me and went "Wooow thats so retro! it reminds me of college!" and she was talking about the M0110 (i was using my HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S) and i was like "I have one of those too lol" and she freaked out so that made me happy

im thinking of maybe getting her an M0110 restored and stuff for when i graduate since shes been my art teacher pretty much all through middle/hs and shes helped me out with a lot of life stuff, but im not sure if she'd like typing on it or if she just was nostalgic

another option that maybe would be better would be an M0110 style custom keyboard since its a much easier and more modern typing experience then having an 80s keyboard with a converter plugged in, or i could just get her an HHKB
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 October 2023, 08:13:18 by mohawk1367 »