Author Topic: Trouble mapping the #/~ key with Soarer's Tennsy Mod  (Read 1332 times)

Offline iowaseven

Trouble mapping the #/~ key with Soarer's Tennsy Mod
« on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 19:10:43 »
I am mapping an IBM M Terminal board using Soarer's Tennsy mod to the UK layout, and I'm struggling to get the EUROPE_1 key to bind to the #~ key (the key to the left under the ISO enter key). I know that the key is working just fine (it scans fine, and I have been able to map it to other letter keys no problem), but I don't know how to refer to it in .sc code.
I have tried:
EUROPE_1 #
and
EUROPE_1 ~
but both give me errors. Does anyone here know how to write the code?
Everything else with the board and Soarer's genius mod is working just fine, so I'm sure I'm using it correctly otherwise.
Thanks all!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: Trouble mapping the #/~ key with Soarer's Tennsy Mod
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:26:31 »
The key scancode you want to output is "europe 1". Try taking the line out and building again. I believe that switch location in the matrix is automatically set for the proper scancode for ISO which your PC interprets as the #~ key.

I am pretty sure that's right but could be wrong, since I don't do ISO much. Let me know if it works out for you.

Offline iowaseven

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:59:45 »
Thank you for taking the time to reply 'vader. It's greatly appreciated.
I tried removing the line, but the button doesn't do anything (though it is still detected in the hid listener). I don't beleive that the issue is with the OS, as my Das works as normal.
Using the line
EUROPE_1 europe 1
gives me an error when I try to build, as does 'europe1'. Not sure what's going wrong here!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 23:44:42 »
Thank you for taking the time to reply 'vader. It's greatly appreciated.
I tried removing the line, but the button doesn't do anything (though it is still detected in the hid listener). I don't beleive that the issue is with the OS, as my Das works as normal.
Using the line
EUROPE_1 europe 1
gives me an error when I try to build, as does 'europe1'. Not sure what's going wrong here!

well "europe1" and "europe 1" are both invalid. Did you try
Code: [Select]
EUROPE_1 EUROPE_1 ?

Looking at the documentation I see the following:
EUROPE_1 0x32 Europe 1 (use BACKSLASH instead)
So I would try the following:
EUROPE_1 BACKSLASH I believe this should work. Again I'm not an ISO guy

Offline iowaseven

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 23:43:44 »
Yup, that did it! Again, thanks so much for your help, especially as you aren't even an ISO user!
I just got this board, replacing a beloved Blues Das, but now that I'm using buckling springs (with the dental floss mod), I can't go back. And now, everything is mapped out the way I want, I just have to work out something to do with the multitude of additional function keys this beauty has.