Author Topic: Cars  (Read 64680 times)

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
Cars
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 04 May 2010, 16:49:10 »
I really suspect you've got a better car, but the CVPI...I dunno. Body on frame, RWD, pretty nice engine tone (even if they're starved for performance).
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline nowsharing

• Swoop
Cars
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 04 May 2010, 17:59:45 »
fiero...I think it red lined at 4K and had a tendency to burst into flames.
I've owned six Fieros, and the only real problems that I ran into were alternator-related. They're quick cars with tight handling. Who cares how fast they are, I'd accept "quick" 25-30mpg over any gas guzzling idiot-mobile.

My favorite Fiero was from 1984:

The last Fiero that I had, an '85 GT with over 120k, cost $450 and ran perfectly for three years before I parted with it.

Oh, and about Deloreans. Mine ran very poorly, and was terribly made. They're beautiful and awful. I was using it as a daily driver...strange times those were.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 May 2010, 18:02:20 by nowsharing »

Offline wellington1869

Cars
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 04 May 2010, 18:28:41 »
i always thought fieros were beautiful. so were deloreans.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 04 May 2010, 20:21:29 »
I thought they were "Fieros" because they used to burst into flames.  That said, I thought they were pretty cool cars when I was a kid.

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
Cars
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 04 May 2010, 20:26:31 »
Hey, a cheap mid-engine sports car is a pretty cool car today.

Offline sethstorm

Cars
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 04 May 2010, 23:36:43 »
Quote from: nowsharing;178959
I've owned six Fieros, and the only real problems that I ran into were alternator-related. They're quick cars with tight handling. Who cares how fast they are, I'd accept "quick" 25-30mpg over any gas guzzling idiot-mobile.

That, and some people have taken to dropping 3800's in them or using them for a base of a mid-engine kit car.  It's just that I don't have the time/money for pure sports cars.  Appreciation, yes - resources, no.

I had my fun with the Civic-sized, W-body Regal GS coupe.  Not exactly small, but it did well on the road for its condition.  The thing blew one part after the other and became a bit expensive to maintain.  I still see it on the road today despite consigning it to the junkyard.

What I was looking for was less in terms of performance and a bit more in terms of long-drive comfort and the ability to carry multiple passengers.  I drive it less for the MPG-killing short trips and for more of the 25-30MPG long ones.  That, and I was no stranger to driving larger cars (e.g. rental DTS's, truck-body minivans, and late 70's "land yachts").
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 May 2010, 23:39:16 by sethstorm »
Current:
IBM: Model M: 1391401, 1386887 Terminal 122 Key 
IBM: Model F: 6110668 Terminal 122 key with Trackpoint and M13 blacks
IBM: Specialty: Wheelwriter 5, Boltmodded.  AT F layout, M technology. 
Lexmark/IBM: M13 Black Trackpoint
NCR:HO150-STD1-01-17 Decision Mate V - The other Gray NCR linear.

Offline hyperlinked

Cars
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 00:01:00 »
Quote from: nowsharing;178959

My neighbor has a Fiero in his driveway. It was his baby for a while, but in recent years he's been wanting to get rid of it and get a new car, but his wife won't let him. They actually hardly ever drive it and since he travels a lot for work, it's their other car and it hardly ever gets driven. I think he spend more time working on it and keeping it in good running order than the time it actually gets on the road, but she's too attached to it to let him give it up.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline sethstorm

Cars
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 05 May 2010, 00:01:21 »
Quote from: kishy;178934
I really suspect you've got a better car, but the CVPI...I dunno. Body on frame, RWD, pretty nice engine tone (even if they're starved for performance).

I wanted a RWD car for the sake of transmission maintenance.  Simple stuff becomes a LOT more complex when the transmission is hanging out the left side of the block.  Unfortunately, I could not get one in my price range.  Thus, I got what I did and put up with it.

First off, the CVPI isn't as built up as the Marauder. They make it up by being a more reliable Crown Victoria.  The engine being starved for performance would seem to be an issue of them trying to fit environmental regulations into one of the last (mass produced) body-on-frame RWD V8 cars out there.  Should I ever find such a car and have the funds, I'd gladly buy one.  

That said, my car isn't too far off from the Crown Victoria in how it is built.

My Aurora is about the same way with the engine - a largish Short North V6 as a part of a ~3600lb package.  Ironically, it is spec'd to have a larger gas tank at 17 gallons if I'm reading things right about the options.  Flooring it is not an option that will work as it should, but it does give a satisfying engine note.  It is made more for long trips, and the performance / MPG ratings show it.  

The largest mistake they made was to use the 4T65E which was being pushed to its limits.  For the ones on the road (like mine) that don't get the 4th gear redone with a hardened part, it will literally eat the 4th gear teeth.  It is not a performance car, but the 4T65E was not really meant for such loads as designed.   Oddly, this fixed part ended up on later Regals first IIRC, and at least it is a solid fix.

Look up the specific issue if you're that inclined.  Or go to a junkyard and wonder why the 4th gear is gone on this part.  Then pull out the part you wanted to get in the first place.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2010, 01:28:03 by sethstorm »
Current:
IBM: Model M: 1391401, 1386887 Terminal 122 Key 
IBM: Model F: 6110668 Terminal 122 key with Trackpoint and M13 blacks
IBM: Specialty: Wheelwriter 5, Boltmodded.  AT F layout, M technology. 
Lexmark/IBM: M13 Black Trackpoint
NCR:HO150-STD1-01-17 Decision Mate V - The other Gray NCR linear.

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
Cars
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 12:46:20 »
That actually looks a lot like what was sold here as the 626. Related perhaps? (Wikipedia time...)

Edit: maybe not. No mention of being related.

kishy.ca

Offline bhtooefr

• bhtooefr.org
Cars
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 12:56:06 »
Wikipedia claims that the Xedos is on the CA platform, which would be a narrow-body version of the GE platform used by the 626 in the early 90s.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Cars
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 14:11:40 »
So I haven't been on the forums in about two weeks.  In that two weeks a lot has happened, no need to go into details, but one such event happened to be me obtaining my learner permit, and on the same day, I got my first motor vehicle.  Photos:

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE, 4-cylinder, 5 speed stick, 117k miles, Alpine stereo.  It is great, except the color SUCKS!  First thing I am going to do to it is get new tires and get a paint job.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 14:18:11 »
Congrats.  The Jeep sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.  Just don't be one of the people in this thread.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Cars
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 14:24:31 »
Quote from: itlnstln;179543
Congrats.  The Jeep sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.  Just don't be one of the people in this thread.

I am actually a decent driver, I just need to learn how to drive in traffic.  I have almost hit people twice, but only in high-traffic areas.  Everywhere else is really easy driving.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
Cars
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 06 May 2010, 14:33:15 »
Quote from: webwit;179544
Nice..it had me looking at that picture for a while. Those seats..

Haha oh dear. I suspect those aren't factory options.
kishy.ca

Offline mr_a500

Cars
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 17:19:36 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 12:50:12 by mr_a500 »

Offline bhtooefr

• bhtooefr.org
Cars
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 17:52:10 »
Wait, a BMW V6?

Anyway, the Mazda K-series V6 DOES sound awesome. They put a 1.8L version (yes, a 1.8L V6) in the MX-3, BTW.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Cars
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 18:19:19 »
Quote from: mr_a500;180028
Here's my 1958 Bug. I drove it daily to work for 10 years, but I need to fix a few things, so now it mainly stays in my garage. On the highway, I usually drove around 120km/h and at that speed it's loud. I've had it up to 145km/h. (..at least I think it was 145... the needle was pointing at "V" - which is about 3cm past the end of the dial :)

I also came off the highway a few times to find I had no brakes... which is... interesting.

Show Image

(licence blanked out to avoid awkward conversations with police)

Neat old bug!
In 1991 I came across a 1961 red with a cream ragtop and 93 ORIGINAL MILES in a conditioned storage facility in LA. I bought it with a VW enthusiast investor. It was so cute!
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline bhtooefr

• bhtooefr.org
Cars
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 18:32:18 »
Quote from: webwit;180036
Depends which Series. Hah, I don't know this stuff. I'm just bluffing.

BMW has never (to my knowledge) made a V6.

Now, an inline 6, they're quite famous for. ;)

Offline hyperlinked

Cars
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 07 May 2010, 18:56:04 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;179540
It is great, except the color SUCKS!  First thing I am going to do to it is get new tires and get a paint job.

Dude! It's your first set of wheels. There is no such thing as the wrong color for your first set of wheels! If it runs, it rocks.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline volvo244t

Cars
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 08 May 2010, 01:57:30 »
Quote from: kishy;159072
Annnnd just for completeness and because I'm waiting for defrag to finish...

Single round sealed beams:
Show Image

Double round sealed beams:
Show Image

Double rectangular sealed beams (yet another):
Show Image

Separate bulb+lens:
Show Image

HEY I DIG THIS POST!

Also, first post.

I have one of these.  It's an '84 244 Turbo sedan, ghetto-intercooled by the P/O (seriously, you should see the hackjob... xD).  Came with a mechanical constant-injection fuel system (K-jet, for those in the know).  I converted it to EFI (LH2.2 for those, again, in the know).  It looks roughly like a '77 in the front - early style single round sealbeams + the larger "commando" bumpers.  It originally had the quad squares with the "coffin" hood.  I didn't necessarily mind the double squares, but I didn't care for the coffin hood.  And I like the single round sealbeam setup better.

Here's mine:

It'll be one color soon.  I promise.

I've had it over two years and driven it exactly four times.  Ahh gotta love a work in progress...but it's just about done mechanically.  Have to fix an oil and water drip and come up with a more effective solution for plugging the original fuel injection ports in the head (the newer style EFI manifolds have injection ports in the runners, where the old mechanical injection ports are in the head itself.  I was using freeze plugs with QuickSteel over them to plug these ports.  One of them blew out a couple nights ago.)
Keychron C2 - box pinks - mt3 jukebox
Keychron K10 - box crystal jades - mt3 dasher
Keychron V6 QMK - gat cap v2 milky yellows - marrs green clones in oem profile?
IBM Model M - 1391401 - blue label - 3/9/93

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 09 May 2010, 11:05:16 »
Quote from: mr_a500;180028
Here's my 1958 Bug. I drove it daily to work for 10 years, but I need to fix a few things, so now it mainly stays in my garage. On the highway, I usually drove around 120km/h and at that speed it's loud. I've had it up to 145km/h. (..at least I think it was 145... the needle was pointing at "V" - which is about 3cm past the end of the dial :)

I also came off the highway a few times to find I had no brakes... which is... interesting.

Show Image

(licence blanked out to avoid awkward conversations with police)

SLUG BUG BLUE!**

*Punches everyone in the forum*

**I'm on my laptop, it coulda been silver but my monitor's not calibrated.

Offline mr_a500

Cars
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 10 May 2010, 20:08:25 »
Quote from: itlnstln;180382
SLUG BUG BLUE!**

I've never heard that one. Mostly people around here just say, "Punch buggy blue!"

I like driving a car that causes people to randomly punch each other.

Offline mr_a500

Cars
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 08:48:26 »
Quote from: ripster;180852
I like the whitewalls.

What whitewalls? That's the wheel rim. I actually wanted to get 50's thick whitewalls, but they were uber-expensive and only available in bias-ply. I decided it wasn't worth it - especially when people think my regular tires already are whitewalls. ;)

This car is great because I can accelerate and shift gears like a maniac and still not go over the speed limit. ;) What other car is there where you can go through 4 gears in 7 seconds and not be pulled over by police? (...although I have been pulled over by police... but that was different)

Weight makes a huge difference though. With a passenger it's much slower. But I try not to drive alone because, as you know...

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 14:40:50 »
Holy ****.  I don't think Jay Leno has had that many cars.  I have only had four, and I'm 31.

Offline bhtooefr

• bhtooefr.org
Cars
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 14:47:48 »
That's a difficult goal, considering there were quite a few automakers that made only a few cars.

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 14:49:59 »
I wouldn't blame you, either, if you left Daihatsu off the list.  Merkur might be another.

Offline bhtooefr

• bhtooefr.org
Cars
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 14:52:43 »
Not to mention all the myriad communist-era makes.

Although I actually kinda want a Wartburg 353W Tourist.

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 14:53:58 »
I had a friend with a Yugo.  It was a POS, to be sure, but it never broke down.

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 14:57:30 »
They look awfully sexy parked in your driveway.  They sure as hell aren't going anywhere.

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
Cars
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 11 May 2010, 14:59:02 »
Quote from: jeli2657;181207
Haha, I actually want a Merkur, they are sexy :)

Why not skip that and get the proper Ford version? Sierra RS Cosworth, that is.
kishy.ca

Offline bhtooefr

• bhtooefr.org
Cars
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 11 October 2010, 08:53:16 »
Bringing this back from the dead.

Picked up a 99.5 Golf TDI, 2 door, base model about a month or so ago.

Upgraded to the 2004+ center console (real cupholders) last weekend, and got RocketChip stage 2/3 switchable on Saturday. About 115 hp, 215 ft-lbs torque now, and if I switch to stage 3 (requires some components be upgraded,) about 140 hp, 255 ft-lbs torque. (Stock is 90 hp, 155 ft-lbs torque.)

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 11 October 2010, 09:05:23 »
Texas must be the land of small ****s, then.  And they say everything's bigger in Texas.

Offline itlnstln

Cars
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 11 October 2010, 10:17:14 »
I'm not from Texas, and I don't drive a big truck.  As a matter of fact I drive the Soccer Mom Mobile - a Ford Edge.

Offline CodeChef

Cars
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 11 October 2010, 20:41:34 »
2003 Ford Escape. 3.0L V6 with 4WD. She's my baby. The only thing wrong with her is the parking brake doesn't work and the radio doesn't play CDs any more. I wouldn't buy a used car even if I wanted to.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
Cars
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 11 October 2010, 21:14:39 »
2010 Hyundai Sonata.  Silver.   Four-cylinder.  As generic and unimpressive as it comes; I'm trying to decide on the ideal bumper sticker or something to make it meaningful.

In the '70s my family was a Mazda family. in the '80s, we had Toyotas.  In the '90s we got a '86 Nissan and didn't care for it much and the Toyota kept running.  In the late '90s, we started buying Hyundais back when people still laughed and pointed.

We seem to be about 10 years ahead of the trend, so I expect to be getting something Chinese-made for my next car.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline volvo244t

Cars
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 17:39:20 »
So, I bought another one.

1990 760 turbo.

I did some 960 upgrades:

Offline CodeChef

Cars
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 21:06:37 »
That's too high-brow for Alabama. You need a big manly TRUCK to go MUD DRIVING in.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline volvo244t

Cars
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 21:09:55 »
Quote from: CodeChef;251591
That's too high-brow for Alabama. You need a big manly TRUCK to go MUD DRIVING in.

I may currently live in Alabama but I came from NEW HAMPSHAH.

Actually I've been all over but I lived in NH the longest - 15 years, to be exact.

I'm not much longer for the Republic of Redneckistan, though.  Moving back north within the year.

Offline msiegel

Cars
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 21:16:10 »
nothing, but check this out :D

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Cars
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 21:17:38 »
I have a 2006 Infiniti G35x

(Not my photo, but same year, model and color)

Offline CodeChef

Cars
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 21:22:18 »
Quote from: CodeChef;251594
I may currently live in the US but I came from CANADA, EH?

I'm not much longer for the Republic of Redneckistan, though.  Moving back north within two years.

You were saying?
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline jpc

Cars
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 22:18:30 »
2003 Acura RSX 5-spd. Somewhat fun, gets from A to B at 34mpg, the hatch is practical.

1968 AMC Ambassador SST. Runs well. Luxury comfort and style! Entirely impractical.

RSI prevention recipe:[/B] Kinesis Contoured, Colemak layout, touch typing, Contour Design Rollermouse,  Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Logitech m570 trackball, "workrave" break timer software, "awesome" window manager, tenkeyless boards, cherry browns, Wang 724 with "ghetto green" ALPS, standing desk and/or comfy adjustable chairs, stress reduction, computer time reduction.

Fun non-ergonomic things: bolt modded Model M Space Saving Keyboards with new springs, Kensington Expert Mouse v7, Unicomp Endurapro, Northgates

Offline zmurf

• Cherry G803000LQC With Latest Generation Trackpoint
Cars
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 24 November 2010, 03:28:11 »
I drive a grey 2010 Suzuki SX4 4x4 2.0 DIS.

(4 wheel drive is great in this kind of snow... :) )

I used to have a green 2000 Land Rover Discovery II 2.5 TD... ... I really miss that car...
Snow, mud, trees, trenches.... no problem... never broke down... could load 1200kg in car and pull a 3500kg trailer without a sweat... and with a mileages of 0.9 litres diesel per 10km it wasn't even expansive to drive.
The only problem with this kind of cars in Sweden is that they put a awful lot of yearly tax on them. I had to pay 9200kr/year (~1300$ / year) just for owning it. And since they are made for rough train the insurance companies take quite a lot also since there is a high risk that it will become damaged. :(

Inside old military bunker...

Loaded with extra fuel on safari roof rack. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 November 2010, 03:47:21 by zmurf »
At last! A mechanical keyboard with Trackpoint of my own! Now with Hyper-Scroll! And also Ergo-Clear switches. Ohh... look... custom keys! :D

Offline RickyJ

Cars
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 24 November 2010, 22:40:01 »

'06 325CI M-Sport, manual trans and factory HID's.  Awesome visibility, wicked comfortable to drive (grew up with VW's of all kinds).
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline KillerBee

Cars
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 25 November 2010, 02:00:22 »
2004 Lincoln Navigator
Daily Guzzler

1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S (AE86)
Weekend Stress Reliever
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 November 2010, 02:03:11 by KillerBee »
IBM Model M 1386304 Nov. 1985

Offline mr_a500

Cars
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 09:28:06 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 10:54:55 by mr_a500 »

Offline mr_a500

Cars
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 10:06:37 »
I used to also have one of these:

It has to be the worst winter car in the history of winter. I got stuck in 1cm of snow in my driveway! It's rear wheel drive, but has an ultra-stupid anti-slip detection. When one rear wheel starts slipping, the other wheel won't turn. Yeah, that's smart - a two tonne car with only one wheel working - and it's the wheel that's slipping!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 December 2010, 10:09:58 by mr_a500 »

Offline mr_a500

Cars
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 10:17:01 »
What? We have a West Coast in Canada - and it has snow.

You Americans like to hog terms like "West Coast", then use them globally, assuming everybody knows you're talking about the US. Your "Pacific North West" is our Pacific South West. Our Pacific North West is your Alaska. (...and your Alaska is our Hawaii)
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 December 2010, 10:22:58 by mr_a500 »

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Cars
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 10:29:36 »
Quote from: mr_a500;259531
That's my 1958 VW Bug.

Is anyone surprised to see a Canadian take pride in German engineering? Oh, wait, Bash Canada is in a different thread.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline mr_a500

Cars
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 10:35:24 »
Quote from: ricercar;259557
Is anyone surprised to see a Canadian take pride in German engineering? Oh, wait, Bash Canada is in a different thread.

Well, I can't take pride in Canadian engineering - thanks to American companies either crushing or buying (then crushing) any Canadian car company there ever was. Big American manufacturing doesn't want competition from the north. That's why US military manufacturers pushed hard to crush the superior Canadian Avro Arrow jet.

Yes, I, like Hitler, take pride in the Volkswagen.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 December 2010, 10:41:08 by mr_a500 »