Author Topic: Post your new Matrix Keyboard!!!!!!  (Read 66653 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: Post your new Matrix Keyboard!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 17:50:24 »
Finally get my hands on a Matrix board.

Show Image

Show Image

I like that mint-green plate.  White microarc oxidation finish looks quite good in bright light.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline frostylove

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 18:48:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

I like that mint-green plate.  White microarc oxidation finish looks quite good in bright light.

The GB version is actually still produced with anodizing in matte silver.  :thumb:
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline haofu612

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 07:00:56 »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 10:21:38 »
I'm not a fan of late 1990's Macintosh PowerBooks ...

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:03:51 »
Well where pictures from happy Abel owners? A little bump to remind them  ;)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:59:01 »
I'd really love to see some more pics of Abels.  Just about to pick a kit up of the dark blue and it's hard to find pics of that colour and info about the board in general.  Going in a bit blind but feel like I'm gonna really dig the low angle.  Would love to see more pics and opinions!

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:57:25 »
I have a black blue kit that I recently received from the GB, I'll try to get it built soon and post some pics :)

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 02:36:48 »
Finally got her built! Still need to take some daylight pics of the board with everything on it though...

67g Zealios with clipped and lubed stabs (first time lubing ;))

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 03:57:15 »
Finally got her built! Still need to take some daylight pics of the board with everything on it though...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Great job, buddy. Looks great!!!!

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 15:50:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Great job, buddy. Looks great!!!!

Thank you! A very solid board overall

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 15:56:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I want to feeliooooos

I love the color combinations, looks really nice. I hope you have some sky dolch to go on that thing, or hypserfuse!

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 14:05:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I want to feeliooooos

I love the color combinations, looks really nice. I hope you have some sky dolch to go on that thing, or hypserfuse!

I put hyperfuse on it first actually! Need some time to take some pics with it :) was thinking gmk penumbra would look good with the black blue anodizing as well.

Offline mozart

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 01:04:23 »
Good morning for you

Why do the new Matrix keyboard and staggered layout be made? Does matrix not have straight columns, this looks like a normal TKL model.
Ps. I use translate.google because only in Finnish.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 16:45:03 »
Good morning for you

Why do the new Matrix keyboard and staggered layout be made? Does matrix not have straight columns, this looks like a normal TKL model.
Ps. I use translate.google because only in Finnish.

Matrix is the brand of the keyboard designer. It does not literally mean a matrix style, ortholinear layout.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 18:13:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh wow man I only just saw this post, that thing looks beautiful. Mine is still in the box, with enough 67g or 78g Zealios ready to go on it. I could try to build it tomorrow but it'd be my first build and I'm feeling pretty trepidatious about it. I've done a little soldering kit thing to teach myself to solder but this is a different ball game... There are spare PCBs currently on the Matrix store on TaoBao so I guess if I totally balls it up it's replacable at least.

I just noticed you've got a white PCB in there which is like the ones on TaoBao. Is that the one that came with your kit? The one I got is a dark teal kind of colour.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 05:16:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh wow man I only just saw this post, that thing looks beautiful. Mine is still in the box, with enough 67g or 78g Zealios ready to go on it. I could try to build it tomorrow but it'd be my first build and I'm feeling pretty trepidatious about it. I've done a little soldering kit thing to teach myself to solder but this is a different ball game... There are spare PCBs currently on the Matrix store on TaoBao so I guess if I totally balls it up it's replacable at least.

I just noticed you've got a white PCB in there which is like the ones on TaoBao. Is that the one that came with your kit? The one I got is a dark teal kind of colour.

They've done all the tough soldering already (MCU and smaller components), so don't stress too much! And yup mine came with the white pcb, I've seen different colored pcbs though I believe functionally they are all the same.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 19:33:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

They've done all the tough soldering already (MCU and smaller components), so don't stress too much! And yup mine came with the white pcb, I've seen different colored pcbs though I believe functionally they are all the same.

Well I did it. Put 78g Zealios on it. Didn't mess anything up as far as I can tell. Took me most of the day and it was immensely enjoyable overall. However it's now 1:30am and I can't type 'cause my partner is in bed! Anyway, this thing is beautiful. I love it.

Offline hippiepete

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 02:54:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Well I did it. Put 78g Zealios on it. Didn't mess anything up as far as I can tell. Took me most of the day and it was immensely enjoyable overall. However it's now 1:30am and I can't type 'cause my partner is in bed! Anyway, this thing is beautiful. I love it.

:clap: :clap: We want pics!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 04:53:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:clap: :clap: We want pics!

Ha! I took a bunch of phone pics along the way and will do a build log thing on imgur, maybe tonight. Will try to get some proper pics at some point as well, but I sold a bunch of camera gear to pay for more keyboards so I'll have to borrow a buddy's!

Thanks again for selling me this thing man. I ended up dropping out of the SKOG GB cos I decided to keep this, (also cos I got on the Lightsaver v3 GB... aaand I got an HHKB). I think I made the right decision, this Abel looks about perfect to me for a TKL.

Have you got your TGR Jane yet?
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 May 2017, 04:55:38 by futurecrime »

Offline hippiepete

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 13:15:31 »

Ha! I took a bunch of phone pics along the way and will do a build log thing on imgur, maybe tonight. Will try to get some proper pics at some point as well, but I sold a bunch of camera gear to pay for more keyboards so I'll have to borrow a buddy's!

Thanks again for selling me this thing man. I ended up dropping out of the SKOG GB cos I decided to keep this, (also cos I got on the Lightsaver v3 GB... aaand I got an HHKB). I think I made the right decision, this Abel looks about perfect to me for a TKL.

Have you got your TGR Jane yet?
[/quote]

Im glad you like it! I have not. Its underway though! Should have it by mid June to start building :D Ill shoot over some pics when i can

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 16:59:50 »
Ok so I made a build log for my Abel. It's my first build so y'know, sorry it's amateur hour.

http://imgur.com/gallery/kHBVw

Is there a better place for this on Geekhack? Like a repository for build logs?

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 17:15:08 »
Ok so I made a build log for my Abel. It's my first build so y'know, sorry it's amateur hour.

Show Image

I feel sorry for that poor little hhkb at the back :p But seriously, after topre, do you find yourself liking tactile switches? Because I am thinking about making an mx board with mod switches or mx clears.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 17:55:46 »

Show Image

I feel sorry for that poor little hhkb at the back :p But seriously, after topre, do you find yourself liking tactile switches? Because I am thinking about making an mx board with mod switches or mx clears.

Well I only got the HHKB on friday but I did love it immediately. It's a Hypersphered 55g modded one. The only other mechanical switches I'd tried before that were the Cherry reds in my Leopold, which I felt were too light for me. The Zealios are certainly nice, but I've hardly even used them yet, I've been on the sofa with my laptop all evening. I did wonder though, when I first tried the HHKB, if I was just not gonna find anything nicer. I do love it.

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 May 2017, 02:45:56 by futurecrime »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 05:42:49 »

Show Image

Awesome work, and really thorough build log! No matter hownmany you read, it's still always interesting to read about people's different techniques.

Also, my guess is the JTAG port is for flashing the firmware.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:34:21 »

Show Image

There's no depository for such logs, but you can post them in this thread (if you just want to show pretty in-progress pictures) or in a dedicated thread in Making Things Together (if you'd like to describe and discuss the construction process).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 12:10:02 »

Show Image

There's no depository for such logs, but you can post them in this thread (if you just want to show pretty in-progress pictures) or in a dedicated thread in Making Things Together (if you'd like to describe and discuss the construction process).

Ok, I'll make a post in Making Things Together. I'd be interested in discussing some things if people are up for it. Thanks.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 04:40:22 »

Show Image

Awesome work, and really thorough build log! No matter hownmany you read, it's still always interesting to read about people's different techniques.

Cheers! Yeah it feels a bit weird posting it when everyone here seems so knowledgable already, glad to see someone enjoyed it.

And thanks for the info on the JTAG port. After doing this relatively simple build, I can see myself going further down the rabbithole with this sort of thing.

Offline frostylove

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 12:59:35 »

Show Image

Cheers! Yeah it feels a bit weird posting it when everyone here seems so knowledgable already, glad to see someone enjoyed it.

And thanks for the info on the JTAG port. After doing this relatively simple build, I can see myself going further down the rabbithole with this sort of thing.

wow this is the best matrix build log I've ever seen!

Great work!
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 16:38:31 »

Show Image

Great work!

High praise indeed from the number one Matrix ambassador.  Thanks very much!

I've got some Matrix questions which you might be able to answer.

- Do you know how many Abels were made in total? Were there two rounds?

- I see you have "Matrix 8XV2.0 Coming soon" in your sig. I presume it's gonna be another TKL? Any idea when it is being made? Any other info?

Also, please tell the Matrix crew to make a nice matching numpad for the Abel!  :)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 16:48:59 »

Offline frostylove

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 20:05:08 »

Show Image

Great work!

- I see you have "Matrix 8XV2.0 Coming soon" in your sig. I presume it's gonna be another TKL? Any idea when it is being made? Any other info?

Also, please tell the Matrix crew to make a nice matching numpad for the Abel!  :)

1. 200 GB version, about 10 Ver.C and some other experimental boards with unique colorways. Total number is about 230.
2. 8XV2.0 would be a newly designed TKL. Now its still prototyping. International GB would be announced in the near future if everything goes smoothly.

:)
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 09:45:37 »

Show Image

Great work!

1. 200 GB version, about 10 Ver.C and some other experimental boards with unique colorways. Total number is about 230.
2. 8XV2.0 would be a newly designed TKL. Now its still prototyping. International GB would be announced in the near future if everything goes smoothly.

:)

Great, cheers! Looking forward to seeing what the new one looks like.

Offline esylvester

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 13:47:15 »
171970-0

Have yet to find a keyset, but that's half the fun  ;D

GMK has quite the plethora of colorways, but I'm leaning more towards thick PBT.
I love the aesthetic of DSA, especially on TKL but all of the DSA sets I have seen are rather thin  :(

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 04:21:12 »
(Attachment Link)

GMK has quite the plethora of colorways, but I'm leaning more towards thick PBT.
I love the aesthetic of DSA, especially on TKL but all of the DSA sets I have seen are rather thin  :(
Nice Miami keyboard! Miami nights would suit it well.

Offline esylvester

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 16:30:04 »
(Attachment Link)

Nice Miami keyboard! Miami nights would suit it well.

Lol, I do like the Miami Nights colorway. Just ordered the Classic Black set on Originative. Since the case is so vibrant, I think the all black keyset will compliment the board very well.

Offline esylvester

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 16:44:48 »
Update! Two new sets of thick PBT.

1st set is called Classic Black, and is sold on originative.co

2nd set is Imsto Cherry '98 dyesub, IIRC. Acquired these from a trade on r/mm.

I like the Classic Black on this board a tad more than the Imsto. The legends on the black set are very similar to the black HHKB's, where in low lighting they're almost impossible to see. Personally, I love that about the set. Although, part of what makes the Imsto set look so good is how sharp and bold the dyesub lettering is. And of course, both sets feel remarkable.

172867-0
172869-1

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 18:38:02 »
Guess I'll post a few of my new board.

Red Matrix Abel Rev. C w/ Vintage Blacks

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2017, 14:06:05 by kiwi99 »

Offline Minnie2

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 05:55:02 »
Mogul HD :-X
    A Bro Caps Fan

Just wanted to make sure everyone sees that information. A lot of people missed it ;)

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 12:31:58 »
Does anyone have a completed build/build log of a Matrix Cain board by chance? Really want to see some photo's and if I can get my hands on one :)

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 12:43:04 »
Has the 8xv2.0 GB already gone by? And will there be an international buy anytime?
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 13:18:34 »
Has the 8xv2.0 GB already gone by? And will there be an international buy anytime?

Not yet. Probably later this month.

International buy is unlikely. The domestic demand is pretty hard to handle for Cain already.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline YH YOON

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 04:00:40 »
 8xv1.2

Offline MMKB

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 14:16:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Super clean and the anodization is almost white. I want one like this so bad.

Have you ever finished the board? I'm ready for some more sick pictures. ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2018, 14:20:34 by MMKB »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 14:25:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

that's MAO not ano
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MMKB

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 16:43:59 »

that's MAO not ano

Methylaluminoxane? Wonder where I could get my X60 MAO-ed or Cerakoted.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 18:58:59 »

that's MAO not ano

Methylaluminoxane? Wonder where I could get my X60 MAO-ed or Cerakoted.

micro-arc oxidation

call local metal shops

powdercoat > cerakote in terms of finish options, but might be more expensive
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Nas

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 02:32:43 »
Anyone have pictures of the Matrix MONA?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 11:46:23 »
Anyone have pictures of the Matrix MONA?

there are a bunch kicking around on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/matrixcccc/ start here

Offline Nas

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 03:39:17 »
Cheers Puddsy  ^-^

Offline dantambok

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 18:40:12 »
Hello all!

Does anyone know how many Monas were produced?

Someone PMed me selling his kits for around 360$. (choice of black or dark gray) need some help please. :)
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets