Author Topic: [PO] R5 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs / Zeal60 Rev2  (Read 101359 times)

Offline TheNamesTy45

Re: [PO] R5 Zealios / Zealencios / Transparent Screw-in Stabs / Zeal60 Rev2
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:28:28 »
Just assembled mine last night. 67g Zealios, lubed screw in stabilizers with cherry stems (I'm probably one of the rare few that prefers the "mushy" bottoming out of unclipped stabs). Absolutely love it, and it was incredibly easy to build on because everything is labeled and the holes for the legs on the switches is actually wide enough to accommodate them without having to use a ton of force to push them through.

Only one minor bummer is that the LED under my left Winkey on a 7u spacebar layout seems to have trouble with reds. Seen it before on an RGB LED that went bad. Overall not a big deal to me because the board itself came out really nice. Just wish I had the foresight to pick up a REVO hhkb case for this and some Zealencios to try out.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 22:41:44 »
Just assembled mine last night. 67g Zealios, lubed screw in stabilizers with cherry stems (I'm probably one of the rare few that prefers the "mushy" bottoming out of unclipped stabs). Absolutely love it, and it was incredibly easy to build on because everything is labeled and the holes for the legs on the switches is actually wide enough to accommodate them without having to use a ton of force to push them through.

Only one minor bummer is that the LED under my left Winkey on a 7u spacebar layout seems to have trouble with reds. Seen it before on an RGB LED that went bad. Overall not a big deal to me because the board itself came out really nice. Just wish I had the foresight to pick up a REVO hhkb case for this and some Zealencios to try out.

Are all 7 jumper pads properly bridged? The LED matrix gets a bit confused if it's missing the few bridges and a few keys will either flash the wrong color or not light up without them.We do check the RGB LEDs on each board before sending them out. L_Win is one of the keys that can properly display white under our testing process and would've been picked out if it had a dead color channel.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 05:56:15 »

Are all 7 jumper pads properly bridged? The LED matrix gets a bit confused if it's missing the few bridges and a few keys will either flash the wrong color or not light up without them.We do check the RGB LEDs on each board before sending them out. L_Win is one of the keys that can properly display white under our testing process and would've been picked out if it had a dead color channel.

Zeal to the rescue! Noticed later that day that my spacebar LED wasn't lighting up, so I opened it back up and realized in all of my early morning grogginess when I assembled the board, I didn't complete the bridge for the 7 jumper pad. Fixed this and now the LED color is displaying properly. Thanks for the heads up!

Also, the lube I got from you has completely ruined me for non-lubed stabilizers, makes the board sound and feel worlds better. Great product.

Offline briannnn

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 01:52:53 »
Just got my Zeal60 built today, and it's really awesome.  I have run into an issue that may be beyond my abilities with programming however.  When I switch through the different lighting modes, the keymap actually changes on some of them.  I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the readme or what but it's really got me confused.  For example, on lighting mode 3 the wasd keys switch to arrow keys (and I have HHKB layout flashed, so I don't know why poker FN layer would be on the board at all).  If I change it back to turn the lighting off it sometimes fixes the problem, sometimes I have to cycle through the lighting settings up and back down to off to get it to reset to the regular key map.

Hope I'm just doing something stupid but I'd love to get this sorted out if anyone has any idea what I might have done wrong.

Edit:  Just realizing it matters which order I release the two FN keys.  If release FN1 before FN2, that's what sticks it in the alternate layer. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 01:59:31 by briannnn »

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 05:56:28 »
I just built my two boards yesterday, these boards looks amazing, i love them! Thanks Zeal!

I'm having trouble getting both of my split shifts fn keys to light up though, the problem is the same on both of my boards and i cannot figure out what i've done wrong, all the other leds light up and are in sync.
I've bridged JB4, JB14, JD5, JD7A, JC0, JC6 and JC16.

I've forked and flashed my own QMK config available here https://github.com/lisinge/qmk_firmware/blob/lisinge/keyboards/zeal60/keymaps/mike/config.h
Flashed by first plugging it in while holding space + esc and the nrunning make zeal60-mike-dfu

Any ideas?