Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fishbed  (Read 65174 times)

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
Re: [IC] GMK Fishbed
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 23:11:58 »
Will you able to ship these to Canada? Any idea on what the shipping fees will be?
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 09:12:20 »
Will you able to ship these to Canada? Any idea on what the shipping fees will be?

Same as what we have for Eclipse now, I think it was around 12 EUR per Set if you take the economy option.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 12:48:48 »

Updated with U9 Color, what do you guys think?

I still need to design the original legends from GMK for the numpad, otherwise it is pretty accurate. Also thinking of maybe changing the arrows, would add the price but it gives the nice MIG/Jet styled arrows.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 13:46:08 »
I hate to say it Candy but was really digging the deeper copper/gold tones of the original. How much cost wise would it add to go with the original colors? I know the current GB I mentioned the price but... I don't have a board I want to use that one on yet.. vs this one I got plans for already. The arrows go I kinda like the ones you have there not just simple arrows.. they look some what unique I think.

Offline Trousers

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 15:13:14 »
That does look great, but I hope the red accent keys don't disappear altogether. There's a lot of little red touches in the cockpit. The usual red esc and enter would be great.

But I also appreciate that the Windows logo is gone. It looked very out of place.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 October 2017, 16:46:19 by Trousers »

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 16:01:03 »
Looks great with the U9 mods. I dig the history behind the set. I think a red enter would really bring the whole idea together.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 05:01:01 »
UPDATE - The Red Novelty Pack

That does look great, but I hope the red accent keys don't disappear altogether. There's a lot of little red touches in the cockpit. The usual red esc and enter would be great.

But I also appreciate that the Windows logo is gone. It looked very out of place.

here ya go.
Looks great with the U9 mods. I dig the history behind the set. I think a red enter would really bring the whole idea together.

here ya go.

I hate to say it Candy but was really digging the deeper copper/gold tones of the original. How much cost wise would it add to go with the original colors? I know the current GB I mentioned the price but... I don't have a board I want to use that one on yet.. vs this one I got plans for already. The arrows go I kinda like the ones you have there not just simple arrows.. they look some what unique I think.

I will have a look at the colors again and provide another option.

Offline Trousers

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 05:34:57 »
Absolutely fabulous. I'll be ordering a set as soon as they come available.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 09:47:41 »
That Eject is hot, sir.  Did you try the U9 color on red?  I would like to use the red eject and red fire but their legends are different colors.  U9 probably wouldn’t look as good on the eject though.  But maybe if the esc and fire legends were U9?
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 11:25:21 by reececonrad »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 10:20:04 »
That Eject is hot
It is and I'd happily buy a set of different colours.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 01:21:31 »
Definitely digging the history and red accents as others have said already. Just out of interest, how close are these colours to pulse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 01:37:44 »

Show Image

here ya go.

here ya go.

I will have a look at the colors again and provide another option.
Never mind Candy your novelties made up for it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 October 2017, 01:56:07 by HotRoderX »

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 01:44:19 »
Very interested, the novelties are hot as chili, when GB open?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 07:54:14 »

Show Image

I’m not gonna lie. I learned pilot speak from ID4. When I saw the pictures I was all like “why does the Fox-two button say ‘Fire’?!?!”  :p

Do want tho lol

Offline spkmic

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 11:14:12 »

ideas for accent keys
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:33:12 by spkmic »

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 11:40:34 »
  Is there any chance that we can get a standard enter key in the black colour way.
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 11:41:30 »
  Is there any chance that we can get a standard enter key in the black colour way.

Just to clarify. A black enter key in addition to the red “fire” key.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 11:42:50 »

Oh that's a good point.  I agree the base set should have the regular "Enter" instead of the "Fire" legend.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 13:15:48 »
Also, I don't know how realistic this would be, but in the novelty pack, would it be possible to also include arrows in the alpha colour way?

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 13:30:13 »
Sorry me again.

Will you be going with just text modifiers for sure or will the final set have text/icon like the original renders?

I personally loved the text/icon modifiers on the original render.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 04:47:31 »
UPDATE - Listened to the comments, still have to decide on arrows and then get the real GMK Symbols on some keycaps. Added the Warning lights as suggested, added ISO Key, added compatibility pack. Removed the plane Enter keycap, looking at potential replacements, something better.

TO BE DONE
- NORDE/EU PACK Any Ideas? I think we can cut down a normal NORDE kit to have the basic EU keys, would like to keep the price down

How do people like the compatibility pack compared to the old one?

------ RESPONSES TO COMMENTS ------

Sorry me again.

Will you be going with just text modifiers for sure or will the final set have text/icon like the original renders?

I personally loved the text/icon modifiers on the original render.

Im digging the text for now.

Also, I don't know how realistic this would be, but in the novelty pack, would it be possible to also include arrows in the alpha colour way?

done

Just to clarify. A black enter key in addition to the red “fire” key.

Took away "FIRE" on the normal keys, I like Enter, keeps the price low.

Show Image

ideas for accent keys

Check the render, do we want the other keys that the cockpit would have as warning lights? I personally like having real aviation terms on the keycaps, as they are warning lights afterall.

Offline avid

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 04:54:40 »
NORDE/EU PACK:
i think the question here, is how MOQ should be solved and if you guys are prepared to buy up the rest of the 50-75 needed.
Yuri had like 1000 base, 40 norde/int, nautilus 2400 base, 100 norde/int. This trend is approx the same.

Set looks good otherwise! What teal/cyan color is used? One suggestion; numpad enter, change it to "enter" instead and include a red enter with the "fire" text instead in color pack. (I assume this is it's own kit?)

Offline spkmic

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 07:38:42 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:34:04 by spkmic »

Offline Trousers

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 09:42:23 »
That does look great. And I agree with the previous guy, the traffic light prntsc/pause/scrlock are a bit superfluous. Also, if there's a red Eject, there's no need to have a red Esc. That is, if cutting those brings down the cost.

And the red buttons might look better with legends in the same white/cream color as with the modifiers.

For Norde, the kind of kit Nautilus has would be fine.

Also one note about losing the MiG enter: after that, there isn't anything to tie this set to that specific plane model. Just a generic Russian fighter aesthetics. Which isn't necessarily bad.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:24:05 by Trousers »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:18:06 »
I mean, I'm not really into fighter jets, but this set really looks nice to me  :thumb: :thumb:

Keep up the good work.

Offline Venediction

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:27:35 »
I waaaaant!

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:55:03 »
That does look great. And I agree with the previous guy, the traffic light prntsc/pause/scrlock are a bit superfluous. Also, if there's a red Eject, there's no need to have a red Esc. That is, if cutting those brings down the cost.

And the red buttons might look better with legends in the same white/cream color as with the modifiers.

Also one note about losing the MiG enter: after that, there isn't anything to tie this set to that specific plane model. Just a generic Russian fighter aesthetics. Which isn't necessarily bad.

Thanks for the feedback guys, so I will cut the "traffic" light cockpit warning keys, I should then get rid of the standard legend ones and keep the "Gear", "Fuel", etc. Keys?
I maybe thought of getting the Antonov logo somewhere but would that be copyright? I think so.

I will cut the Red ESC.

I am looking at maybe a better (?) plane model to use, I think there is something we could maybe do to make it even more MIG-21 like.

NORDE/EU PACK:
i think the question here, is how MOQ should be solved and if you guys are prepared to buy up the rest of the 50-75 needed.
Yuri had like 1000 base, 40 norde/int, nautilus 2400 base, 100 norde/int. This trend is approx the same.

Set looks good otherwise! What teal/cyan color is used? One suggestion; numpad enter, change it to "enter" instead and include a red enter with the "fire" text instead in color pack. (I assume this is it's own kit?)

Sorry missed that one with the numpad enter, updating the render tonight. One render nearly 2 hours, sheesh :P Let me check the Nautilus NORDE kit as it was suggested then decide. I would personally reallyl ike to have ISO-DE as it would be good for me and also for the fact CandyKeys is a german store. I do not neccesarily agree to needed all the keys like with the EURO symbol E or the number keys, I think ISO users can live without that to cut the price.

I mean, I'm not really into fighter jets, but this set really looks nice to me  :thumb: :thumb:

Keep up the good work.

I love aviation. I hope this set will go for non-aviation enthusiasts too :)

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:58:59 »
Show Image

I like the white line, it gives a nice touch and makes it more of a novelty key. Should we provide  ESC keys with and without a line?

We want to make this set one of a kind providing novelties that make you feel as much as possible in a cockpit, hence the warning light lights, I am thinking of making those a novelty too with lines, who says no and yes?

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 11:04:06 »
The theme alone makes me want to back this project!

Can't wait to see some nice renders.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline spkmic

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 11:06:04 »

I propose to change the title from "Fishbed" to "Mig" or "Sukhoi".

Offline spkmic

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 11:10:46 »
Show Image

I like the white line, it gives a nice touch and makes it more of a novelty key. Should we provide  ESC keys with and without a line?

We want to make this set one of a kind providing novelties that make you feel as much as possible in a cockpit, hence the warning light lights, I am thinking of making those a novelty too with lines, who says no and yes?

I think you're right about the white line. It would be better to keep it.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 14:36:47 »

Thanks for the feedback guys, so I will cut the "traffic" light cockpit warning keys, I should then get rid of the standard legend ones and keep the "Gear", "Fuel", etc. Keys?
I maybe thought of getting the Antonov logo somewhere but would that be copyright? I think so.

I will cut the Red ESC.

I agree with this guy for the most part but I do like the Red Esc key.  However I agree that the standard cockpit warning lights are a bit too much but the plane theme "Gear, Fuel" etc should stay.

The extra red esc key can be used on stand-alone numpads as well so I don't think it's too much.  Gives a nice variety.

Also the base numpad enter key still reads "fire"  Can you change that as well to enter?  And if possible have an alternate colour numpad enter key as an optional variant?  Not sure if red or the aplha colour way will work best.

Once again having an alternate colour numpad enter key will help tie in standalone numpads well.

A stepped Caps lock key would look sweet as well!

Thanks for listening to everyones feedback. I am more hyped for this set then laser!
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 14:42:19 by OmegaSupreme »

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 14:58:02 »

I like the white line as well.  also changing the other red esc key to white font would look great.

I like the idea of having the other warning light keys in white with underline too.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:19:43 »
Show Image

I’d just include the version with the line. It’s easy enough to buy a normal red GMK esc.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:27:40 »

I’d just include the version with the line. It’s easy enough to buy a normal red GMK esc.

I mean if it doesn't add to significantly to the cost, it wouldn't hurt to add it in. 

For international buyers, to buy a separate red esc key alone would cost too much in shipping so it wouldn't be worth it.  But in the kit, it would make it worthwhile.

This is all assuming that extra key doesn't jack up the total kit cost by too much.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
[IC] GMK Fishbed
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:38:55 »

I mean if it doesn't add to significantly to the cost, it wouldn't hurt to add it in. 

For international buyers, to buy a separate red esc key alone would cost too much in shipping so it wouldn't be worth it.  But in the kit, it would make it worthwhile.

This is all assuming that extra key doesn't jack up the total kit cost by too much.

I more meant that only a small number of people need it. I’m sure each key is at least a couple bucks. Why add redundant keys that mostly won’t be used AND can be purchased for those that really want them?

It’s not like you are gonna use more than 1 esc key at once.

Wouldn’t it be better to either reduce price OR improve compatibility?

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 16:10:28 »

I more meant that only a small number of people need it. I’m sure each key is at least a couple bucks. Why add redundant keys that mostly won’t be used AND can be purchased for those that really want them?

I get what you're saying but a lot of times I switch things up given the mood.  Like you mentioned only a small number of people might want it but it makes things easier to include in the kit if they can keep the price low. I totally understand if it jacks the price up significantly to exclude it but having that compatibility at a reasonable cost is worth it in my opinion.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 16:28:52 »

I get what you're saying but a lot of times I switch things up given the mood.  Like you mentioned only a small number of people might want it but it makes things easier to include in the kit if they can keep the price low. I totally understand if it jacks the price up significantly to exclude it but having that compatibility at a reasonable cost is worth it in my opinion.

With the current GMK pricing it just doesn’t make sense to add redundant keys. I do agree it would look better if the enter matched. But that’s why the red enters should also have bars :P

I just don’t need more red esc lol. It really depends where the price is at. It’s easy to say “if it doesn’t jack the price up”. But no individual key will do that. It’s just that they add up as you go. If you just check the price of any given key, of course it makes sense to add it.

It’s not like it would stop me from buying it. I’m just saying to me lowering price is more advantageous to reaching moq than redundant esc keys.

As long as it can hit moq, the little details don’t really matter to me.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 16:40:50 »

With the current GMK pricing it just doesn’t make sense to add redundant keys. I do agree it would look better if the enter matched. But that’s why the red enters should also have bars :P

I just don’t need more red esc lol. It really depends where the price is at. It’s easy to say “if it doesn’t jack the price up”. But no individual key will do that. It’s just that they add up as you go. If you just check the price of any given key, of course it makes sense to add it.

It’s not like it would stop me from buying it. I’m just saying to me lowering price is more advantageous to reaching moq than redundant esc keys.

As long as it can hit moq, the little details don’t really matter to me.

I understand what your saying.  If leaving the key out will allow this to hit MOQ more easily, then so be it.

I can live without that key but I really want this set more. :)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:08:07 »
I am little worried about MOQ my self and hoping this gets pushed back a bit! I watching another set thats pretty nice struggle to meet MOQ.. I think its just bad timing right now. I want this set SO BAD but I also want it to happen once it goes live.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:22:46 »
Why are we missing one enter key in the novel pack? Where is the other one go

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 22:42:41 »
Any further updates on progress so far? Just curious.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 02:00:20 »

Candykey's was doing another group buy and it doesn't/didn't look like it was going to hit MOQ... and also Candykey's seems to have kinda vanished. Stopped posting on the forums and he doesn't look to have been updating the website. Unless the group buys been stuck at like 28% for the past week. Yea I thinking he must be busy with RL but hopefully this runs soonish and hits MOQ.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 02:56:18 »

Candykey's was doing another group buy and it doesn't/didn't look like it was going to hit MOQ... and also Candykey's seems to have kinda vanished. Stopped posting on the forums and he doesn't look to have been updating the website. Unless the group buys been stuck at like 28% for the past week. Yea I thinking he must be busy with RL but hopefully this runs soonish and hits MOQ.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope everything is ok with Candykeys.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:09:35 »

Havent vanished, there simply were no purchases. We are a team here, so its not a single person, sorry about the non posting but there were a lot of things to do around the clock including sealing a deal with Topre to provide ISO keyboards for you and etc. GMK Fishbed is frozen for the time being, we will re-render and do the finals in 2 weeks and we think it will launch mid December.
We need to let the people who have bought sets relax their minds instead of squishing further info and cramming more sets in to where we can, it is a reason why many sets fail.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:39:23 »

Havent vanished, there simply were no purchases. We are a team here, so its not a single person, sorry about the non posting but there were a lot of things to do around the clock including sealing a deal with Topre to provide ISO keyboards for you and etc. GMK Fishbed is frozen for the time being, we will re-render and do the finals in 2 weeks and we think it will launch mid December.
We need to let the people who have bought sets relax their minds instead of squishing further info and cramming more sets in to where we can, it is a reason why many sets fail.

Thats cool I was kinda worried something might have happened. Cause didn't know the website had been updated to automatically update. Typically your very vocal are the account is very vocal on the website. Then I read you had to take some person time on Reddit. I wasn't sure if something had happened are what. I am really excited for fishbed. I got my fingers crossed that when it runs it hits MOQ. I also like your doing it mid december. The hype with Laser has most likely drained most wallets. Good to see your back thought and it was nothing really wrong just busy at work.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:45:33 »

Thats cool I was kinda worried something might have happened. Cause didn't know the website had been updated to automatically update. Typically your very vocal are the account is very vocal on the website. Then I read you had to take some person time on Reddit. I wasn't sure if something had happened are what. I am really excited for fishbed. I got my fingers crossed that when it runs it hits MOQ. I also like your doing it mid december. The hype with Laser has most likely drained most wallets. Good to see your back thought and it was nothing really wrong just busy at work.

Where did you hear we were taking time off for personal reasons :O There were 4 days of holidays (national) but there has been no time off for us since summer. Very strange...
Fishbed will be a success, we have made sure it will be :)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:55:27 »

Where did you hear we were taking time off for personal reasons :O There were 4 days of holidays (national) but there has been no time off for us since summer. Very strange...

Reddit post where someone mentioned you had to take time off for personal to go to Germany perhaps they just misunderstood. Are Perhaps that as business thing. Thats really good to hear.. cause fishbed is like laser to me. I don't care the cost I am getting it! Its the final touch to my first keyboard build! and its going to look so so sweet.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 16:16:38 »

Hope that’s a guarantee that this set will definitely be produced...;)

Great to see this set is still under way. I skipped laser entirely for this set as I have the perfect board for it!

Looking forward to further updates!

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 16:17:29 »
Since the set is controlled by us and designed by us, if it reaches even a smaller MOQ than 150 we will buy up the rest of the set to make it happen :)