Author Topic: [GB] Signature Plastics 6.5u spacebar for AEK keysets! (COMPLETE)  (Read 6660 times)

Offline vewy_nice

All orders are shipped!
I hope everyone enjoys their spacebars!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, my internet is back up and running at home, and it's time to get this ball rolling!

First off, here is the form! 
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCKxRUJ6WoHq1T-azV2Ampvw0i18m2oQOd0JUhdfoCNMWFRw/viewform

ALL SPACEBARS ARE SOLD! 

Pricing: $7.00 per spacebar and stabilizer set
Shipping: $4.00 flat rate first-class to 48 lower US states.

International shipping: I will contact you about pricing before sending your invoice.

The form will stay open until all spacebars are sold.
Those that filled out the IC have priority for a little bit. I want to do it that way since there are so few spacebars, and interest has exceeded my expectations!

Invoices will roll out over the next couple of days, and are due on receipt.

Shipping will commence on May 7th. (International will be a bit after to deal with quoting and communication)

Thanks so much guys! I hope this is a huge success so we can roll right into round 2!

Special thanks to BlindAssasin111 for his work on the NEXUS alps sliders and stabilizer inserts! I don't think I'd have gotten around to this buy without his inserts :)

I added $0.50 to the price of each spacebar over the "finalized price" in the IC, because after doing some math, and accounting for some unforeseen things like slight variations in actual shipping costs per destination and number of spacebars (while offering a flat-rate), and other things, I was losing money. I'm trying to break even as close as possible. Any small profit is going right into my next project (probably round 2 with more colors)
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:08:24 by vewy_nice »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] Signature Plastics 6.5u spacebar for AEK keysets!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:12:00 »
Approved!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:13:10 »
Very nice signature.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:14:10 »
What's the first picture?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:15:15 »
What's the first picture?
I'm guessing the bars in their shipping tubes.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:38:25 »
Yup.

Instead of just sending people some stuff wrapped up in bubble wrap, I wanted to make a bit more of a packaging experience.

I found a bunch of stuff super cheap from China (like, $0.15 per spacebar for ALL packaging cheap), and figured I'd give it a whirl.

The bars and stabilizer inserts are slid into a piece of clear tech-flex that "cushions" it against rattling around in the tube.

I'm designing a label and will be printing and applying them all this afternoon ;)

ALREADY HALF GONE!  :eek:
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:44:07 by vewy_nice »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:55:21 »
might order one just for the packaging lmao
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:08:17 »

Pics of you lyao or it didn't happen.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:44:55 »

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:50:27 »

Show Image

Haha, I lose.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 06:10:41 »

Hey Von-Strangle, I have some extra tubes if you REALLY want them ;)

I was hoping to have some extras of these spacebars to bring to Keycon, but they're FLYING off the shelves!

I am closing the form in 5 hours, there are less than 5 of each key left. 
If you fill out now, there's a good chance you might not get everything you want, but we'll see how this goes.

I am accepting late emails from people from the IC until tomorrow afternoon, so things might shuffle around a little bit.

I am definitely going to run a second round of these in a more traditional style to allow for more community selection of alternate colors.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 May 2018, 06:14:55 by vewy_nice »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 08:23:59 »
Is it too late to sneak one in? Just saw this  :(
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 10:41:18 »
Watch for round 2 soon ;)

But as of right now:

EVERYTHING IS SOLD.

Which was way faster than I anticipated!

I'll keep 'ya in mind if anyone cancels or doesn't pay before I start shipping.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 May 2018, 10:44:51 by vewy_nice »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [GB] Signature Plastics 6.5u spacebar for AEK keysets! (Invoicing)
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 12:07:01 »
Ah alright, thanks for the update and let me know if anyone drops out  :thumb:
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline vewy_nice

Half the shipping is done!

The people at the post office hated me yesterday.

I got tied up with a few things last night and wasn't able to print out the rest of the shipping labels, so expect the remainder to go out tomorrow (5/10)

I will go through and add tracking numbers to all the paypal orders, but I have a 3 mile long receipt, so it might take a while ;)

ALSO: I've been meaning to come up with a "name" for stuff that I sell. I am trying to perfect making some little artisans and such, so I wanted to have a catchy name... 
So I present:

My first thought, of course, was "Vewy Nice Caps" or something, but that doesn't really roll off the tongue. 
Definitely going to continue working on the logo, probably making the beef patty into a burger or something lol.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 07:21:33 by vewy_nice »

Offline oluigenuma

I suspect international orders going out last? I think vewy nice caps is cool but English isn’t my mother tongue, so don’t mind me.

Offline koduh

Watch for round 2 soon ;)

Already regretting not purchasing at least a cream colored. I will look forward to R2.

Offline vewy_nice

I suspect international orders going out last? I think vewy nice caps is cool but English isn’t my mother tongue, so don’t mind me.

International orders are going out with everything else! Figuring out shipping wasn't as complex as I thought. I sent 6 international packages along with 17 domestic packages yesterday.

The tracking will get updated in Paypal later today. I took only the post office receipt to work today, but that only has the destination country and tracking number, not the full address. There were multiple packets to Canada and Germany, so I don't know who's tracking is who's until I get home and peek at the customs forms.

Right now, orders of 4 spacebars will probably be going out last. I need to find larger bubble mailers that aren't $2.50 each.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 09:15:14 by vewy_nice »

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
Ahhh I am so so dissapointed I Missed this. Idk if this is the right place for this but I really want to buy a blue one if anyone has one.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline OracleKev

Dang, completely missed this--don't know what happened.
Count me in for v2  :thumb:

Offline yaya

Are the rest shipping soon?

Offline vewy_nice

The remainder are in a box waiting to be dropped off at the post office after work today. 
Then I'll update tracking info in Paypal.

I ran out of clear techflex for the packaging, so 6 or so grey spacebars have black techflex instead... I'm sure that's not a problem, though.

Offline dohmain

The remainder are in a box waiting to be dropped off at the post office after work today. 
Then I'll update tracking info in Paypal.

I ran out of clear techflex for the packaging, so 6 or so grey spacebars have black techflex instead... I'm sure that's not a problem, though.

Were these shipped out? I haven't gotten tracking info via PayPal yet

Offline vewy_nice

Yup, they shipped out Wednesday. I'm just a lazy butt.

I'll go grab that 3 mile long receipt and get to work on that.

Offline DasGnome

Got mine in today. Were these spacebars actually tested with the Nexus inserts? They stick out way farther than the alps inserts, far enough that they actually collide with my plate before the switch can bottom out.

Offline vewy_nice

Yes, I tested them. I have mine on my AEK64 right now with no issues.
If I hit the far edges of the spacebar really hard, the stabilizers hit the plate, but it hasn't hampered usage at all.

The Signature Plastics alps stems don't have that little "shelf" like the AEK caps do, so it is possible to insert the stem REALLY far into the switch. I found that backing the stem out a bit helps with preventing plate strikes.

Also: Sorry guys, I still have a couple orders to ship out (everyone who ordered 4 spacebars). I've been very busy lately trying to actually have money. Someone stole my debit card info and went on a shopping spree in New York, and spent several hundred dollars in one afternoon before it was caught. So my debit card is frozen, and unless I can get the money back, I'm flat broke/in the negative until Thursday.

If anybody has any questions, let me know!
This isn't a "perfect" AEK spacebar replacement, but it's the best we can do without ordering new molds ;)

Offline vewy_nice

Re: [GB] Signature Plastics 6.5u spacebar for AEK keysets! (COMPLETE)
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:08:00 »
I still haven't updated tracking info for the second batch of orders, because I'm dumb and lazy, but you should all have either received them, or should be getting them son!

I hope everyone is satisfied! I'd love to hear feedback :)

I only had 1 return-to-sender, but that's already resolved, so overall I feel the shipping went smoothly

I may be starting a round 2 IC soon. I want to re-evaluate how I run it, though. With all the feedback on future colors, the pre-buy-then-sell won't work this time.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 12:50:16 »
Does anyone have an extra or not want their blue one of these?

I've been looking to secure one.

Also, anyone that has these, do you know or can you figure out the spacing for the stabilizer? Is it a 6.5u stabilizer or a 6.25u?
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 15:40:20 »
Welp, I totally missed out on these. Looking for a set of stabilizers and an OG color spacebar.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 09:44:31 »
Pimpmykeyboard seems to have extras of what they produced for me for sale on their site in grey (GAL) and red (RAS).

https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dcs-alps-mount-space-bar-pack-of-1/

They won't come with the stabilizer inserts, or my swanky packaging, but if you really want one, they are there!