Author Topic: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch  (Read 97828 times)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
Re: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 20:53:28 »
As I said on reddit:

Send the samples to numerous community personalities who are higher profile/trusted/respected. Send them to meetups, have even more people test them, get more feedback. Nothing against Huey, Brian and Walker, but I'd prefer a wider breadth of feedback than just three opinions.

If he is sending me as many samples as he says he is, I plan to send some out to others, as well. I will hopefully have at least 100 to send out to reputable and experienced people that are familiar with Pandas and Holy Pandas. I will be testing side-by-side with my Holy Panda board. I will gladly send you some, if you'd like, and if you or anyone else has ideas on who else should be getting some samples, please let me know. I've been talking a lot with SuperVan in private, as he wants me to test these for him to compare, and he seems pretty genuine about everything, but of course we won't know how the switches will be until they are in our hands. I will be as detailed and honest as possible, when that time arrives. Like most of you, I hope this goes very well.

-Quakemz of Top Clack
Please take my upvote.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 20:54:13 »
As I said on reddit:

Send the samples to numerous community personalities who are higher profile/trusted/respected. Send them to meetups, have even more people test them, get more feedback. Nothing against Huey, Brian and Walker, but I'd prefer a wider breadth of feedback than just three opinions.

If he is sending me as many samples as he says he is, I plan to send some out to others, as well. I will hopefully have at least 100 to send out to reputable and experienced people that are familiar with Pandas and Holy Pandas. I will be testing side-by-side with my Holy Panda board. I will gladly send you some, if you'd like, and if you or anyone else has ideas on who else should be getting some samples, please let me know. I've been talking a lot with SuperVan in private, as he wants me to test these for him to compare, and he seems pretty genuine about everything, but of course we won't know how the switches will be until they are in our hands. I will be as detailed and honest as possible, when that time arrives. Like most of you, I hope this goes very well.

-Quakemz of Top Clack

Word that makes sense, I was under the impression he'd be sending like 5-10.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 23:34:34 »
I’m interested in some pandas & I’m on the lookout for this GB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 00:50:04 »
As I said on reddit:

-Quakemz of Top Clack

100 pandas to give out!!!

If OP has that many samples to give out, it's probably impossible that he is trying to run a scam :) Hoping for the best!

Thanks again, Brian.

Offline lasernasaur

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 02:47:04 »
Definitely Interested

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 05:14:14 »
As I said on reddit:

-Quakemz of Top Clack

100 pandas to give out!!!

If OP has that many samples to give out, it's probably impossible that he is trying to run a scam :) Hoping for the best!

Thanks again, Brian.
Would love to see a Haata force curve come out of this.
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 05:15:21 »
As I said on reddit:

-Quakemz of Top Clack

Word that makes sense, I was under the impression he'd be sending like 5-10.

Though I'm not 100% sure what he is sending, he told me 300, so I figure a maximum of 100 each for myself and Huey to build a board and test, then the rest can be sent to other people for their own testing. Walker will also be receiving samples, and he's been GREAT on the science-front lately, in this hobby.

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 05:51:28 »
Though I'm not 100% sure what he is sending, he told me 300, so I figure a maximum of 100 each for myself and Huey to build a board and test, then the rest can be sent to other people for their own testing. Walker will also be receiving samples, and he's been GREAT on the science-front lately, in this hobby.

Do you have any security mechanism, any way to be assured these are not just regular Pandas bought long time ago with new tops?

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 08:48:23 »

Do you have any security mechanism, any way to be assured these are not just regular Pandas bought long time ago with new tops?

I'm not trying to undercut you or anything, but man are we making some leaps in here or what? 

First it's rebranded BSuns
Then it's Old Pandas
Then it's old Pandas with new tops
Next it will be new pandas with old logos and new whatever else....

At what point are we just going to sit and wait patiently for the samples to be sent, and let the reviewers/testers, who are well respected, do their job?  I'm sure they'll be able to tell differences and note if anything looks fishy..
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 08:53:27 »
As I said on reddit:

-Quakemz of Top Clack

I hope so too.

- DALExSNAIL of geekhack

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 09:40:11 »
I knew SuperVan since early 2017. As a friend, I know he's a keyboard enthusiast and he usually wants to try some new idea to play/make keyboard stuff. Several weeks ago we chatted about the switches. He asked me whether I'm interested in Holy Panda switches. You know, I'm kind of old school(or out of fashion to be honest) on installing switches in my keyboards. Till now I only use Cherry Blue and Clear for my keyboards. I ranted to him about the expensiveness of the Panda switch aftermarket prices. As for Holy Panda switch, IMO it's bloodily wasteful to buy two expensive switches, take out one piece of each to make one switch only and then give rid of the left like rubbish. SuperVan said he planned to give a try to change this, by producing Panda housings and some tactile stems like Halo stems, assembled right in the production line, so that regular users don't have to do this expensive, wasteful mod. The first step of his try would be to produce Panda housings and he already contacted the factory to get some samples.

For the record, I don't know much about Holy Panda switches, or Panda linear switches. Never touch them. This thing is out of my interests and I'm not gonna go bail for everything SuperVan said or did. Actually we didn't agree on everything, for example, I suggested him to use another name rather than "Panda" but he had different ideas on how to make it work commercially. And I don't think it's the best for him to bring it up so early without real product. IMO He didn't manage to carry on the IC thread well because his English is poor, he didn't unfold all info and it's too easy for him to get emotional and take it personal on criticisms. But I do think he is able to book some production line and make some amount of some switches. I'm not sure whether he would succeed in bringing his complete idea of "some tactile Holy Panda made as one switch in factory" into reality in the end, but I don't think he aims to put up a scam.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2018, 11:24:23 by hhkbp2 »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 10:01:51 »
Interested. Glad you're willing to prove it out with others.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 12:07:13 »
I knew SuperVan since early 2017. As a friend, I know he's a keyboard enthusiast and he usually wants to try some new idea to play/make keyboard stuff. Several weeks ago we chatted about the switches. He asked me whether I'm interested in Holy Panda switches. You know, I'm kind of old school(or out of fashion to be honest) on installing switches in my keyboards. Till now I only use Cherry Blue and Clear for my keyboards. I ranted to him about the expensiveness of the Panda switch aftermarket prices. As for Holy Panda switch, IMO it's bloodily wasteful to buy two expensive switches, take out one piece of each to make one switch only and then give rid of the left like rubbish. SuperVan said he planned to give a try to change this, by producing Panda housings and some tactile stems like Halo stems, assembled right in the production line, so that regular users don't have to do this expensive, wasteful mod. The first step of his try would be to produce Panda housings and he already contacted the factory to get some samples.

For the record, I don't know much about Holy Panda switches, or Panda linear switches. Never touch them. This thing is out of my interests and I'm not gonna go bail for everything SuperVan said or did. Actually we didn't agree on everything, for example, I suggested him to use another name rather than "Panda" but he had different ideas on how to make it work commercially. And I don't think it's the best for him to bring it up so early without real product. IMO He didn't manage to carry on the IC thread well because his English is poor, he didn't unfold all info and it's too easy for him to get emotional and take it personal on criticisms. But I do think he is able to book some production line and make some amount of some switches. I'm not sure whether he would succeed in bringing his complete idea of "some tactile Holy Panda made as one switch in factory" into reality in the end, but I don't think he aims to put up a scam.

Very fair statement.

Looking at post history, SuperVan has run GBs before.

Time to stock some halos and make holy pandas soon!

Offline dario

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 13:06:50 »
At what point are we just going to sit and wait patiently for the samples to be sent, and let the reviewers/testers, who are well respected, do their job?  I'm sure they'll be able to tell differences and note if anything looks fishy..

I don't think you understood what I wrote, although it was quite simple, so I'm going to try again.

If somebody sends you a switch for testing - and a switch looks the same, feels the same and sounds the same as an old switch - except for the top with the a new logo - how are you going to tell if this is a genuinely new switch, or an old switch with a new top? Assuming you don't have Harry Potter's magic wand, the answer is - you can't.

So it looks to me it would be smart on the maker's side to make it in some new colors altogether. I don't want that the idea of using Panda name backfires on him.

Also, there is one thing giving me reassurance more than anything else that this is not a scam, and that's the fact that KBDfan said on reddit he knows this guy personally. In fact, looks like they're friends.

That by itself doesn't mean he'll be able to produce a product comparable to original Panda, but I hope he does. I'll buy at least 150 pieces.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 13:29:35 »

I don't think you understood what I wrote, although it was quite simple, so I'm going to try again.

If somebody sends you a switch for testing - and a switch looks the same, feels the same and sounds the same as an old switch - except for the top with the a new logo - how are you going to tell if this is a genuinely new switch, or an old switch with a new top? Assuming you don't have Harry Potter's magic wand, the answer is - you can't.

So it looks to me it would be smart on the maker's side to make it in some new colors altogether. I don't want that the idea of using Panda name backfires on him.

Also, there is one thing giving me reassurance more than anything else that this is not a scam, and that's the fact that KBDfan said on reddit he knows this guy personally. In fact, looks like they're friends.

That by itself doesn't mean he'll be able to produce a product comparable to original Panda, but I hope he does. I'll buy at least 150 pieces.

Honestly does it matter that much? Everybody gets scratchy pandas again and all is well..

Offline dario

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 13:46:22 »
Honestly does it matter that much? Everybody gets scratchy pandas again and all is well..

This was a line of discussion about a hypothetical scenario where a guy bought 100 pandas on mechmarket, puts new tops on them and sends them to testers. Testers say OK, 500 people buys new switches and get some cheap white switches instead. Guy puts money in his pocket and runs away. Do you get it now?

I don't think that's what's going to happen, but that was the matter of discussion.

Offline sozo

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:16:39 »
I'm interested!

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:16:52 »
This is a IC right? "what is panda switch.." :D why is there no information on the IC? other then a hypothesis :p

Offline dario

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:26:37 »
This is a IC right? "what is panda switch.." :D

It's a switch made of bamboo, duh...

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:28:25 »
This is a IC right? "what is panda switch.." :D why is there no information on the IC? other then a hypothesis :p

Holy Panda is the legendary Meme switch combining Panda housing and Halo stem

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:34:33 »
This is a IC right? "what is panda switch.." :D

It's a switch made of bamboo, duh...

Sorry couldn't help myself.. I am in!! save the panda from extinction! :p

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:36:27 »

Holy Panda is the legendary Meme switch combining Panda housing and Halo stem

Thanks for being honest oldcat :thumb: :)

Offline dario

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:51:07 »
What I'm really interested in finding out is how does lubbed Zealiostotle compare to lubbed Holy Panda.

I've never seen such comparison. Has anyone ever tried both?

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:53:56 »
What I'm really interested in finding out is how does lubbed Zealiostotle compare to lubbed Holy Panda.

I've never seen such comparison. Has anyone ever tried both?

Zealiostotle lubed?  ^-^

Offline dario

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 15:03:18 »
Yeah. Why not?

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 15:10:09 »
Yeah. Why not?

Is a clicky switch, you will loose the click and tactility. It will end up being a expensive switch that's not preferably nice to type on IMO.

Offline dario

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 15:19:18 »
Quote from: RETURNISO

Is a clicky switch, you will loose the click and tactility. It will end up being a expensive switch that's not preferably nice to type on IMO.

I don't know, I would have to try both first.
Just because it's clicky doesn't mean it's not supposed to be lubed, although it would affect sound for sure.
Chyrosran22 was talking about this somewhere when he was reviewing MX Blue, a switch that should be coming factory-lubed, and yet it doesn't (at least not contemporary generation).

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 15:21:58 »
Quote from: RETURNISO

I don't know, I would have to try both first.
Just because it's clicky doesn't mean it's not supposed to be lubed, although it would affect sound for sure.
Chyrosran22 was talking about this somewhere when he was reviewing MX Blue, a switch that should be coming factory-lubed, and yet it doesn't (at least not contemporary generation).
Well each switch his own.. But  i would rather take my luck with the bamboo switch... :cool:

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 15:26:27 »

I think most likely case is he bought some panda switches sent them off to someone. Had them backward's engineer them. I mean there is SO much money to be made from this it wouldn't be a stretch to think someone would pay to have that done. Trust me if people wanted to remake panda switches.. they could even if the molds were completely decimated. Give ya idea of what kinda money your looking at. 90 NIB un modded panda's went for 300+ on mech market yesterday. That is over 3 dollars a switch. OP could easily charge 1 dollar a switch and will sell TONS of them. It would be lucrative to put out the money or find a partner that would. I not going to get into the morality behind it thought on if its right or wrong.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 15:49:34 »

This was a line of discussion about a hypothetical scenario where a guy bought 100 pandas on mechmarket, puts new tops on them and sends them to testers. Testers say OK, 500 people buys new switches and get some cheap white switches instead. Guy puts money in his pocket and runs away. Do you get it now?

I don't think that's what's going to happen, but that was the matter of discussion.

No, not really. But it's apparently a big deal to you though. They're just switches, and terrible ones at that.

Offline dario

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:08:38 »
Well each switch his own.. But  i would rather take my luck with the bamboo switch... :cool:

Funnily enough, just today I've seen first Zealios V2 arriving to reviews. They all say these are much more tactile than those before. It would be pretty unexpected unfolding of events if it turns out they are actually better than Holy Pandas.

No, not really. But it's apparently a big deal to you though. They're just switches, and terrible ones at that.

If you pay 100 euros for something, and then get by mail some plastic garbage instead of those switches that reviewers got, yeah, I'd say it's a pretty ****kin big deal.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:11:16 by dario »

Offline Restricted

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:27:14 »
Just for reference, I genuinely wish the best for SuperVan and his venture, and that this is fulfilled without issue and all parties involved come out happy.

However, many scammers do thing legit before scamming. Many ebay scammers will sell small, cheap items in order to gain eBay rep then list an expensive item which is in fact a scam in one way shape or another. I am not saying this is what SuperVan is doing, or has done, but what I am saying is to be wary. These are extremely grand promises and other than him sending a relatively small sample to be distributed to various personalities we have no assurance those promises will be met. Again, I'm not trying to say SuperVan is here to scam us, I am just preaching caution so that on the off chance something is indeed amiss here you're not left with the short end of the stick.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:30:37 »

Funnily enough, just today I've seen first Zealios V2 arriving to reviews. They all say these are much more tactile than those before. It would be pretty unexpected unfolding of events if it turns out they are actually better than Holy Pandas.

If you pay 100 euros for something, and then get by mail some plastic garbage instead of those switches that reviewers got, yeah, I'd say it's a pretty ****kin big deal.

Not as big as you're making it out to be.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:34:20 »

I think someone potentially misleading customers into spending >100 dollars is a big deal. That's not a small amount of cash.

Just wanna parrot what restricted said. I am as excited if not more excited than anyone here as i've been looking to get my hands on some holy pandas since they went insane in cost this year but I think it's important we have a decent dose of skepticism due to the uncertainty around the situation, and a few of the elements of the story that don't match up.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:41:13 by Acereconkeys »
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline dario

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:39:07 »
I think someone potentially misleading customers into spending >100 dollars is a big deal. That's not a small amount of cash.

He just feels like trolling today.

Offline dimo

[IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:41:18 »

potentially a few thousand people spending ~$100 for switches and not getting anything is not a big deal?

i don’t think its going to happen, this guy doesn’t seem inherently shady with all the evidence, but— it is a big deal
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:47:17 by dimo »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:44:32 »
Just for reference, I genuinely wish the best for SuperVan and his venture, and that this is fulfilled without issue and all parties involved come out happy.

However, many scammers do thing legit before scamming. Many ebay scammers will sell small, cheap items in order to gain eBay rep then list an expensive item which is in fact a scam in one way shape or another. I am not saying this is what SuperVan is doing, or has done, but what I am saying is to be wary. These are extremely grand promises and other than him sending a relatively small sample to be distributed to various personalities we have no assurance those promises will be met. Again, I'm not trying to say SuperVan is here to scam us, I am just preaching caution so that on the off chance something is indeed amiss here you're not left with the short end of the stick.

With your logic, every GH GB can be a scam and every seller can be a scammer :)

Whether what he said is extremely grand or not, we will find out soon I think.

Also, I think most people are on alert already. Just let OP do his thing and work this out.

I also saw someone (not you) criticizing him in recent posts start selling their holy pandas on r/mechmarket. I will not put names here though.

If there is a conflict of interest, better disclose and not panic and smear.

Offline Restricted

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 16:53:51 »

Also, I think most people are on alert already. Just let OP do his thing and work this out.

I also saw someone (not you) criticizing him in recent posts start selling their holy pandas on r/mechmarket. I will not put names here though.

I've got a strong preference for linears, so yeah not much conflict from me.

As for what other gbers promise, most tend to follow a set formula and promise more or less the same thing. The issue here is we're deviating from the formula with promises that also deviate from the norms. This raises red flag, as innovation can sometimes just be a mask for malice and I really don't want to see anyone hurt here. If he makes a good product I'm sure he'll sell plenty, I just don't want there to be a gigantic initial sale and then it's discovered he over promised massively and duped the reviewers somehow, meanwhile he's laughing all the way to the bank, as unlikely as that may be.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 17:04:30 »

I've got a strong preference for linears, so yeah not much conflict from me.

As for what other gbers promise, most tend to follow a set formula and promise more or less the same thing. The issue here is we're deviating from the formula with promises that also deviate from the norms. This raises red flag, as innovation can sometimes just be a mask for malice and I really don't want to see anyone hurt here. If he makes a good product I'm sure he'll sell plenty, I just don't want there to be a gigantic initial sale and then it's discovered he over promised massively and duped the reviewers somehow, meanwhile he's laughing all the way to the bank, as unlikely as that may be.

I agree with you to some extent. No one wants here to have another major debacle. What is the goal though? If scamming is a concern, you could simply suggest that OP run the GB through a trusted 3rd party.

Again, I don't want to make enemies here, just hoping the conversations will be fair and constructive.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 17:07:45 »
Going to wipe my hands of this but wanted to post one more thing. The comments in this thread are why the Mech community is going to end up dying off. I mean seriously who wants to invest time and money into a community/Hobby that has the toxicity of nuclear waste plant. Its not just geekhack either its Reddit also. I don't know about desktop authority perhaps its the same there. This negativity non stop. This lets drag someone under the bus before we even know the facts. Is getting old. I mean OP has done nothing to no one other then offer up a possible solution to a issue. People would prefer to find 900 reasons he should be crucified instead of waiting to see if he delivers on his promises Its kinda pathetic and sad.

People HAVE TO STOP if they want the community to continue to function. The thing with box switches were everyone was so sure it was tolerances and turned out not to be the issue. Then the thing with Candy and that event. That turned out to be the Sponsor but people crucified candy over it. Then there was the Xmit people jumped all over Massdrop then turns out there a chance XMIT stole the design from someone else, claiming they own the patents. Xmit asked for a bunch of information then refused to work with them when they couldn't supply it all. Then we have this people jumping to conclusions with out all the facts. Also the OP mentioned he would supply a reasonable amount of test samples to several people. We have least one person being sent over 100 samples 90 NIB panda's go for 300+ on Mech market I doubt a scammer is going to pay 500-600 dollar's to buy switches on mech market to then send someone so there off chances they can run a scamy group buy. Give me a break a scamer is going to look for a easier mark instead of engineering this entire elaborate ruse that could go bad.

Why in the world would anyone want to support this community seriously and its not everyone honestly. I really think its a vocal minority but you know what they say. It only takes a few to ruin it for all.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 17:08:50 »

Cool, do you have a link? ( sorry off topic )

Offline Restricted

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 17:14:20 »
There is no toxicity in preaching caution about r1 of a switch that has massive potential for returns. You severely underestimate just how far some people will go to make a cheap buck. Again, I'm not saying SuperVan is here to scam the community, I just don't think with the current information we have for these switches the optimism from some people is warranted.

As for those other fiascos, pretty much entirely unrelated.

Offline dimo

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 17:19:38 »

huey from top clack built them on stream yesterday. VOD is on twitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dario

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 17:28:10 »
Going to wipe my hands of this but wanted to post one more thing. The comments in this thread are why the Mech community is going to end up dying off. I mean seriously who wants to invest time and money into a community/Hobby that has the toxicity of nuclear waste plant.

Please stop moralizing, your whole post is completely unnecessary and not very well aligned with the facts about Pandagate. There are various pieces of the puzzle that don't match up and people are either interested or concerned.

I saw it on instagram. Almost all of the big ones got their samples. It would be great if Zeal makes it this time, because they have silent switches too in their disposal, unlike Pandas with Halo stems.

But... what this world really needs are blue ALPS retooled.  ;D Somebody is going to make it eventually, all patents have expired long time ago anyway. Current prices are 4.5$ which is equally insane as Pandas.

Offline W00gala

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 18:29:42 »
lmao

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 18:34:23 »

I'm not sure how to answer that, to be honest. That seems like kind of a stretch, considering he is planning to run an IC for a seemingly unlimited amount. I'd be insanely surprised if he just has 50k+ Pandas just laying around. But I guess to answer your question, no, I don't have any security measure for that. I think as long as they're the same product (minus the logo), the community will be getting what they want and it will be successful.

To be honest, it feels like a lot of people are going overboard in this IC thread. It's just an IC right now. Trying to gauge interest. Samples will be sent out to lots of people at no real cost, to test, before any GB is started, to make sure they're as they're supposed to be. I'm not sure what else anyone could want from this.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 19:02:57 »

He just feels like trolling today.

I just find it funny how this is getting everybody's panties in a bunch about switches that weren't worth .75 a piece when they came out.

Oh man, scratchy white switches that kinda make more tactile!

Offline alisonica

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 07:50:07 »
Time to sell all holy pandas before price crash! PM me, i buy them at pre-crash price $2ea :p

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 11:05:13 »
Time to sell all holy pandas before price crash! PM me, i buy them at pre-crash price $2ea :p

pre-crash pricing....

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 13:36:02 »
There is no toxicity in preaching caution about r1 of a switch that has massive potential for returns. You severely underestimate just how far some people will go to make a cheap buck. Again, I'm not saying SuperVan is here to scam the community, I just don't think with the current information we have for these switches the optimism from some people is warranted.

Sure some people are too optimistic, but others in this very thread and on Reddit immediately jumped this guy and everything he was saying before anything was remotely known.  In fact, most of the stuff in here is pretty toxic when you look at how people are treating a guy who wants to make switches. 

Why would anyone want to make a product for the community if they're going to be attacked for even having a plan?  That's what's going on in a nutshell.  OP has a plan and laid it out, and immediately everyone starts calling him a liar, attacking him, or saying he's just here to scam everyone...

For Christ's sake, it's a switch.....
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"