Author Topic: Project Is Being Worked On Behind The Scenes  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Preston Walz

• Operating since 2020.
    • Discord Server
Project Is Being Worked On Behind The Scenes
« on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 17:05:38 »
From already seeing some comments being posted on the post, I can see that this project definitely needs more development time and that this Feedback form is in the wrong spot on Geekhack, this is a clear sign of obvious inexperience. Thank you for all your feedback and this project will be going dark on Geekhack for a while and I will be working hard behind the scenes to bring out a more developed product. The Feedback forms will still be available on my post in the r/keycapdesigner subreddit. This is a more suitable place to have this project while in it's current state. This project will be back soon, with obvious revisions and a more user friendly approach. Next time hoping for better results, thank you all very much!
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 11:39:20 by Preston Walz »

Offline of_sam

Re: Pre-Interest Check/Feedback GMK Mountaineering
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 17:07:56 »
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 17:08:27 »
uwu

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 17:16:41 »

Offline Oggi

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 17:48:18 »

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 17:52:30 »
This feels like its in the wrong place.

Offline Owl

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 18:16:35 »
I am glad you are passionate about making a great product however you would have done yourself a pretty big favor in taking a more user friendly approach to your content delivery. Considering Geekhack and Reddit are the largest platforms for IC's right now, formatting posts for users to be able to digest the information I think is a pretty crucial detail that takes very little time and effort to accomplish.

I was able to visit the website but I can tell you right now that I won't be checking in regularly if its password protected. completely unnecessary and tedious. On top of that you expect people to visit the site before filling out the IC form which I guarantee you will not happen 100% of the time so you're setting yourself up for pretty inconsistent data. On top of that you are asking questions on the form about final thoughts and decisions like, "would you buy this". No, not in it's current form lol. I doubt many people will be able to make a judgement like that on something this underdeveloped.

delivery aside, the colors themselves look fine. I think the combination is interesting. It's vibrant without being too loud. I cant comment on the kitting or literally anything else though because there is nothing there obviously. And as someone that doesn't have a hard on for reflective jackets, I can't really say what any of the supporting material should be or look like.

I think that if you had enough passion and initiative to choose RAL colors and get professional renders done, then you would have also have found out that there are a few more steps that needed to be taken to get more concrete feedback. Keep working at it though and take a look around other IC posts to get a better understanding of how to best structure your delivery and direction for this project.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 18:18:33 »
This feels like its in the wrong place.

Yeah there's really not a good place for pre-IC stuff. There's "making stuff together!", but that subforum is pretty low traffic and it's mostly DIY projects and such. Tbh we probably want a new subforum for people to seek early feedback.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 00:27:43 »
Yeah there's really not a good place for pre-IC stuff. There's "making stuff together!", but that subforum is pretty low traffic and it's mostly DIY projects and such. Tbh we probably want a new subforum for people to seek early feedback.

yeah it would b cool if mods commented on this

Offline Preston Walz

• Operating since 2020.
    • Discord Server
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 00:33:37 »
From already seeing some comments being posted on the post, I can see that this project definitely needs more development time and that this Pre-IC form is in the wrong spot on Geekhack, this is a clear sign of obvious inexperience. Thank you for all your feedback and this project will be going dark on Geekhack some time this week for a while and I will be working behind the scenes to bring out a more developed product. Next time hoping for better results, thank you all very much!

Offline zoo

• zoo
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 00:54:22 »
glwic, i like these colors!