Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 243611 times)

Offline fireworm

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #700 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 18:12:43 »
Also having issues with the screws on my e-white. The front two corners take quite a bit of force and stick out a little bit.
I don't think it makes a difference since the board is still screwed together but I'd definitely prefer they were recessed or at least flush.
Yea, I sent a message to senter, he said this is from the residue from the e coating, the front corners are particularly bad, as that is the anodize hook area.

I'm actually thinking some wd40 will fix it up, as it's a solvent that will loosen debris. Screwing / unscrewing a screw by itself a few times did loosen some debris.

Offline ptiede

« Reply #701 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 18:14:50 »
Anyone else having issues getting the 4 corner screws in all the way on their E-coating Leafs? I suppose it needs extra tapping or something?

I had the exact same problem. My corners didn't go in and there are gaps there. I actually screwed one in and then the threads completely disintegrated and now the screw just spins freely. I don't think the holes were tapped correctly. I am going to attempt to retap them sometime this week. Hopefully, that fixes it.

I have an e-red board.
Likewise. Screws are m2.5x14. But don't know the exact pitch...
Thanks, I had messaged senter and he hadn't got back to me yet. I'll go to the hardware store and buy a tap and other tools I'll need to fix it. The board it still useable but the gap is noticeable and is bugging me.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #702 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 18:46:52 »
Anyone else having issues getting the 4 corner screws in all the way on their E-coating Leafs? I suppose it needs extra tapping or something?

I had the exact same problem. My corners didn't go in and there are gaps there. I actually screwed one in and then the threads completely disintegrated and now the screw just spins freely. I don't think the holes were tapped correctly. I am going to attempt to retap them sometime this week. Hopefully, that fixes it.

I have an e-red board.
Likewise. Screws are m2.5x14. But don't know the exact pitch...
Thanks, I had messaged senter and he hadn't got back to me yet. I'll go to the hardware store and buy a tap and other tools I'll need to fix it. The board it still useable but the gap is noticeable and is bugging me.
Bring a screw to verify the tap.

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #703 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 19:05:50 »
Now I just have to program the thing... I programmed a Planck once but its been a while - hopefully it all comes back to me quickly.

219192-0

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #704 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 19:18:24 »
Now I just have to program the thing... I programmed a Planck once but its been a while - hopefully it all comes back to me quickly.

(Attachment Link)

This looks great! I can not wait to build mine this next week.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #705 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 20:20:55 »
Also having issues with the screws on my e-white. The front two corners take quite a bit of force and stick out a little bit.
I don't think it makes a difference since the board is still screwed together but I'd definitely prefer they were recessed or at least flush.
Yea, I sent a message to senter, he said this is from the residue from the e coating, the front corners are particularly bad, as that is the anodize hook area.

I'm actually thinking some wd40 will fix it up, as it's a solvent that will loosen debris. Screwing / unscrewing a screw by itself a few times did loosen some debris.
Confirmed, wd40 fixed most of mine.

First, I scraped a bit out with a needle.

Then I made a little pool of wd40 in a dish dripped the screw tip in, and then put it in the hole, tightened until it stopped, then loosened and retightened, a few times, took out the screw, wiped off the black residue, dipped and repeated a few times.

I stripped a screw hole, and overtightened another one (so I have a little bump on top of my case). :/

Offline spyruf

« Reply #706 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 21:06:23 »

Confirmed, wd40 fixed most of mine.

First, I scraped a bit out with a needle.

Then I made a little pool of wd40 in a dish dripped the screw tip in, and then put it in the hole, tightened until it stopped, then loosened and retightened, a few times, took out the screw, wiped off the black residue, dipped and repeated a few times.

I stripped a screw hole, and overtightened another one (so I have a little bump on top of my case). :/
Oh good to know, thanks!

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #707 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 23:13:21 »
Are all these issues just with e coating?

Offline fireworm

« Reply #708 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 00:43:12 »
Yea. My pc board is totally fine (though the top is slightly warped, it screws in flush), and I expect the alu boards are too.

E coating adds thickness (iirc), and gets everywhere apparently. Putting teasers into the screw hole sounded like I was hitting a little sand...

Offline up-in

« Reply #709 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 04:48:52 »
Yea. My pc board is totally fine (though the top is slightly warped, it screws in flush), and I expect the alu boards are too.

E coating adds thickness (iirc), and gets everywhere apparently. Putting teasers into the screw hole sounded like I was hitting a little sand...

hey, i still haven't built mine and i have a question. There are 5 rubber gasket in the package, did you use just 4 of them or 2 of them?

Offline bengine

« Reply #710 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 05:16:49 »

hey, i still haven't built mine and i have a question. There are 5 rubber gasket in the package, did you use just 4 of them or 2 of them?

Use 4 of them

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #711 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 07:08:16 »
Still haven’t received any shipping notification. Are these shipping in order of who joined first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline befbef

« Reply #712 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 08:06:48 »
Those who already built theirs: How does it feel, do the gaskets affect the typing feel? Different to other (non gasket) sandwich mount boards?

Offline orim23

« Reply #713 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 08:17:15 »
so i cracked a screw trying to get the last edge tight. now part of the screw is stuck. how do i get that out? drill it out? what drill do i need?

Aside from that it feels fantastic. I have lubed silenced switches in, typing on it feels like whispering!

Offline fireworm

« Reply #714 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 09:21:26 »

Four.

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #715 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 10:32:39 »
Is there any way to unscrew the case without and m2 screwdriver?

Offline up-in

« Reply #716 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 11:18:09 »
did anyone succesful with qmk for HHKB version? i still have a hard time  :(

Offline kungszehon

« Reply #717 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 11:34:11 »

DM me on discord Steben #6329 I can send you a hex file

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #718 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 12:29:00 »

It would be more helpful if you can explain the problem that you have. I programmed mine just fine.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline up-in

« Reply #719 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 12:37:38 »

It would be more helpful if you can explain the problem that you have. I programmed mine just fine.

it's all done, i just couldn't find how to make 3rd layer. 2 Layer is fine for now.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #720 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 13:29:29 »
I am interested in any extra hhkb plates.
Shoot me a DM.

Offline geewizwow

« Reply #721 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 14:10:31 »
Hey Senter. Ordered a universal PC plate, received a wkl one, pretty much useless. Pm'ing

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 17:13:40 »
Received an anodized yellow today. I'm a little disappointed in the anodization quality. There's a fairly visible flaw on the top of the case.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #723 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 17:33:29 »
Got mine in and streamed today. But, my weight broke off of the mounts during shipping. Anyway, if anyone wants to check it out:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/424494034

Offline etong415

« Reply #724 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:07:55 »
just built my e-white today. Overall feels really great to type on (using it for this reply). But the screws problems that was previously described is pretty prevalent, and one of the screws has been stripped so my screwdriver just turns freely when i try to remove the screw. This also means one side of the seam joining the top and bottom is slight lifted. Overall not a bad board at all, but certain aspects of the attention to detail leaves a little bit to be desired imo.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #725 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:09:32 »
just built my e-white today. Overall feels really great to type on (using it for this reply). But the screws problems that was previously described is pretty prevalent, and one of the screws has been stripped so my screwdriver just turns freely when i try to remove the screw. This also means one side of the seam joining the top and bottom is slight lifted. Overall not a bad board at all, but certain aspects of the attention to detail leaves a little bit to be desired imo.

Dang, all these issues are making me a bit concerned. Still haven't received a shipping notification though, a bit concerned by that as well.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #726 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:13:09 »
Dang, all these issues are making me a bit concerned. Still haven't received a shipping notification though, a bit concerned by that as well.

As it appears from past pages, most (all?) people didn't get a shipping notification, they just got a text from DHL when it's basically ready for delivery. Some didn't even get that, it just showed up.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #727 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:20:38 »
Hoping I don’t run into any screw issues, but the machining is noticeably not on point. As someone who upgraded the plate/weight (insanely expensive upgrades making this a very not budget board), I was hoping for a little better quality.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #728 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:21:47 »
But really... upgrades or not... I’ve seen much better machining on many other (less expensive) boards

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #729 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:24:00 »

I did have issues with the screw holes but patiently working the screw back and forth and using a brush cleared them up enough. Other than that and incorrect layout flashed, everything is great!

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #730 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 21:29:05 »
Let me know if anyone has an e-black weight they'd like to trade for a poly or e-white weight.

Offline mog_genius88

« Reply #731 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 23:48:36 »
Anyone order an Eblack board? If so, would you mind sharing some pics? I was sent an Ewhite by mistake and Senter offered to switch it out but I would like to see how an Eblack looks before I make the final decision. Ewhite looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Offline matrixzj

« Reply #732 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 00:04:33 »
Anyone order an Eblack board? If so, would you mind sharing some pics? I was sent an Ewhite by mistake and Senter offered to switch it out but I would like to see how an Eblack looks before I make the final decision. Ewhite looks a lot better than I thought it would.

E-Black for me with red weight. Looks nice for me.

E-Black from my friends with PVD plate and PVD weight.
Discord:Matrix#6203

HHKB Fanatics

SA/GMK Keycaps Info

Offline mog_genius88

« Reply #733 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 00:11:09 »

Show Image

E-Black for me with red weight. Looks nice for me.

Show Image

E-Black from my friends with PVD plate and PVD weight.

gah, that black and gold looks amazing. exactly the aesthetic i was going for. unfortunately someone who ordered eblack told me it's a fingerprint magnet.

Offline etong415

« Reply #734 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 00:45:17 »
Would anyone happen to know how to remove a stripped screw from a keyboard? All the methods I see online seem a bit crude for something like a keyboard.

And on that note, @Senter, would it be possible to purchase additional screws?

Offline edasaur

« Reply #735 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 00:55:33 »
got my white with red weight and have to say that I am very satisfied. Now time to wait on my jamon keycaps to arrive...

Btw, have to commend the packaging design, and the typo fix ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #736 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 06:42:50 »
Hi friends. I just had a long flight. I will start replying messages by tomorrow. If your board has issues, please send me a PM with description and photos.

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #737 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 12:10:55 »
So how many gaskets am I supposed to use? The picture in the thread shows only 2, but people are saying to use 4?

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #738 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 12:17:53 »
So how many gaskets am I supposed to use? The picture in the thread shows only 2, but people are saying to use 4?
4. Two top and two bottom. Sandwich the plate between 2 gaskets in the front and back (top and bottom of case).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline noahf

« Reply #739 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 14:18:12 »
Would anyone happen to know how to remove a stripped screw from a keyboard? All the methods I see online seem a bit crude for something like a keyboard.

And on that note, @Senter, would it be possible to purchase additional screws?

The best solution will likely be to use a very very very small drill bit and drill into the top of the screw. once the bit becomes engraved into the screw, try to back it out using reversing and a small amount of force. this is basically how you would do it on a car.

Offline Platysta

« Reply #740 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 15:26:21 »
Got it! MAO white and ewhite weight.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #741 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 15:39:26 »
Are folks just cutting north bottom gasket at the usb hole?

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #742 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 15:41:59 »

I did it

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #743 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 15:51:43 »

I did it

I also had to cut mine.

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #744 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 16:16:53 »
Yup, I did the same.

Offline LuiKang

« Reply #745 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 17:30:45 »
Typetesting an e-white board with brass plate and weight.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #746 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 19:01:32 »
Just a heads up, if you see a white sticker with an arrow on your PCB it probably means you need to solder the part it’s pointing at. One of my resistors was only soldered on one half and so the switch wasn’t working. I soldered the other half and all is well again! Don’t know if this just wasn’t caught or if I was expected to fix it myself.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #747 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 21:14:23 »
Got the text mine will be here tomorrow! Very excited. I kind of wish the PC Plate was the same frosted as case, but outside of that all of these pictures look fantastic!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #748 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 21:24:45 »
Got mine in and built! Loving it so far. PC came with some scuffs on the bottom, but they aren't too bad, hardly noticeable on the PC.

PC Case
PVD Brass weight
Black PC plate
Retooled Blacks w/3204

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #749 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 21:27:01 »
Got mine in and built! Loving it so far. PC came with some scuffs on the bottom, but they aren't too bad, hardly noticeable on the PC.

PC Case
PVD Brass weight
Black PC plate
Retooled Blacks w/3204

Show Image

Show Image

Damn those are some crisp photos! Looks amazing.