Author Topic: Electrostatic Capacitive Troubleshooting (abko K935P D.O.A.)  (Read 1318 times)

Offline southbay

Electrostatic Capacitive Troubleshooting (abko K935P D.O.A.)
« on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 21:16:54 »
Good Evening All,
   I searched the threads for a capacitive troubleshooting topic but nothing popped up.  I recently had ordered an ABKO Hacker v2 K935P from GMarket and it worked for about 20-30 mins, and then died.  Signs showed up quickly, multiple letters being printed into a text field that had focus when no key presses were triggered.  GMarket was great but unfortunately I am still looking at a dead board and wondering, can I revive it or is it a lost cause?

This is what i've done so far.

• Tested the wiring on the USB Cable.  Each pinout registers DC power.
  • Running power from the board and touching the solder on the LED lights it up, but that could only be circumventing the normal power.
  • I have tested the various lead points on the PCB. Only two work, not sure what that could mean.
164109-0

• With the USB connected to the board, I tried triggering capacitive action with both my finger and pressing down on a spring. 
  • I have also tried taking the leads from my multi-meter to each side of the key landing but no power was detected.

Here is the board deconstructed.  No signs of burnout on the board or the chips.
164113-1

Could I be missing something or am I the proud owner of a paper weight?

Thanks for any advice.

-Ryan
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 21:21:20 by southbay »

Offline cutterline

Re: Electrostatic Capacitive Troubleshooting (abko K935P D.O.A.)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 00:43:09 »
This board has the same components as other Chinese Topre clone (plum, noppo, RK) which is fully programmable.
You can try looking for their programming software and see if your board is detected. I'm not sure if it works but it worth a try.

Other note, you can try looking for Hansung keyboard info as well because they seem to be the supplier for these topre clones.