Author Topic: Where to buy 80 cN springs to emulate MX Green switches, and other springs?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline spremino

I know that someone could use springs from MX Black switches - which are 60 cN - to emulate MX Green switches, but I wonder if I could emulate the original MX Green better.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 12:09:23 by spremino »
A long space bar... what a waste of space!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
ghetto green are blues with clear springs

just buy some 78g springs from somewhere, it's basically the same thing
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1867

These would be close.

Not sure where else to buy springs there are tons of little shops popping up selling keyboard parts and it's hard to keep track of then.

Maybe check on r/mk to.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 11:48:47 by SpAmRaY »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Do ya'll  think we should stop referring to black springs in blue as ghetto greens..

because if we think about it, that's extremely racist to directly associate black switches to black people to them living in ghettos..

/geekhack politically correct patrol.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Do ya'll  think we should stop referring to black springs in blue as ghetto greens..

because if we think about it, that's extremely racist to directly associate black switches to black people to them living in ghettos..
:facepalm:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females

hahaha..

Just to preempt,  i know someone's gonna make the argument that the term Ghetto in Ghetto green is --a verb-- as in ghetto-ized / to make do / to duct tape / to substitute..

While that may be the operational aspect,   the previously mentioned perturbing associative chain remains.

idk...  - it's just not nice -

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

hahaha..

Just to preempt,  i know someone's gonna make the argument that the term Ghetto in Ghetto green is --a verb-- as in ghetto-ized / to make do / to duct tape / to substitute..

While that may be the operational aspect,   the previously mentioned perturbing associative chain remains.

idk...  - it's just not nice -

Ima ghetto stomp you, boy

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
ghetto green are blues with clear springs

just buy some 78g springs from somewhere, it's basically the same thing
Nah, MX Clear springs are significantly different. MX Black springs are what you probably mean, and it's recorded that way in Deskthority wiki too.

Modded switches with MX Clear springs are typically called "ghost *", e.g., "ghost black" (that's what I like).