Author Topic: Zealio 67g vs Zealio 65g  (Read 8283 times)

Offline killyou

Zealio 67g vs Zealio 65g
« on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:40:19 »
Hi guys. I'm in a process of finding perfect tactile switch for me. I started out with Outemu browns going through Cherry MX Brown, Cherry MX Clear, Zealio 78g and now I'm on Zealio 67g. Zealio 67g is so far hands down the best switch for me I've tried but I'm a bit curious to try 65g variant to see how much difference there is. According to description on Zeal's website they seem like completely different switches to me:

65g Zealios - Smooth, long, drawn out tactile bump in the middle. Nice cushion during bottom out.
67g Zealios - Smooth, "crisp & responsive" tactile bump feeling near the top (this is due to the spring design, all Zealios share the same stem), more cushion during bottom out than 65g Zealios.

Is this description really accurate? From my experience 78g and 67g were quite accurately described on the website but that long drawn out tactile bump in 65g variant seems like completely different switch design which I would like to try. Can anyone owning 65g or at least someone that tried 65g and 67g variants let me know whether it's just barely noticable difference in spring weight or there is more to it and which one do you prefer? I think I might pull a trigger on my 3rd set of Zealios! Cheers.

edit: typo

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
Re: Zealio 67g vs Zealio 65g
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:58:13 »
I have owned boards with both switches, and personally I like 67g more.
To me, the 65g feels mediocre to what the 67g offers but then again it's a good compromise between 62g and 67g

Now, I'm planning to buy some 72g SPRiT springs from OCo for my Zilents since 67g feels a bit light for me now.
Anyway, my suggestion would be to buy a sampler pack before buying a bag of switches for your board.

Offline killyou

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 09:02:48 »
To me, the 65g feels mediocre to what the 67g offers but then again it's a good compromise between 62g and 67g

Now, I'm planning to buy some 72g SPRiT springs from OCo for my Zilents since 67g feels a bit light for me now.
Anyway, my suggestion would be to buy a sampler pack before buying a bag of switches for your board.

From the description 65g variant seems more like something closer to Topre characteristic. Is this true? I enjoy snappines of 67g but seems like 65g could offer completely different experience. I'd rather buy an entire bag of switches, I did not have any problems selling 78g with practically no loss on mechmarket. I can't tell if I like the switch unless I spend a day or two using it.

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:48:10 »
I have 65g and 67g on two separate boards I have.  The 67g is my daily driver but not because of the switches; it's a custom Gon build that I love.  The 65g switches are my preferred switches between the two, and this comes from someone who prefers a heavier switch because I tend to bottom out a lot if I am not careful.  The 65g Zealios are so smooth.  I like my 67s, but they are kind of blunt and mushy in comparison.  Blunt and mushy seem like strong words, but I don't mean it like that.  I am just comparing two switches that I love and trying to express the difference.  You cannot go wrong either way, but I think the 65s have a little more snap and smoothness to them that I really love.

Hope this helps.  Sorry for the stream of consciousness style writing.

Offline killyou

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:56:14 »
Which round?  Seems like something older from the description because 67g and 78g used to be kinda mushy before and in the latest rounds that apparently got fixed. I just ordered 70x 65g so I'll see after I'm back from delegation. I guess I'll put them on my hotswappable Pok3r along with GMK Laser keycaps which are on the way!

Offline ddrew01

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 13:46:33 »
I have 2 boards with each switch, and I would say that the 67g is way better. I would say that the description online is accurate. 67g is more tactile than 65g imo.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 01:00:41 »

From the description 65g variant seems more like something closer to Topre characteristic. Is this true? I enjoy snappines of 67g but seems like 65g could offer completely different experience. I'd rather buy an entire bag of switches, I did not have any problems selling 78g with practically no loss on mechmarket. I can't tell if I like the switch unless I spend a day or two using it.

I’ve been messing with swapping springs, stems, and housing the past couple weeks and found that the 65g had the least amount of snappiness out of the 62/65/67 zealios. If you’re looking for a more tactile bump towards the top, try putting mx clear stems in your 67g zealios and see how they feel.