Author Topic: HHKB Users: Use HOME END PGDN PGUP regularly?  (Read 3403 times)

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
HHKB Users: Use HOME END PGDN PGUP regularly?
« on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 17:58:24 »
Hi HHKB fanatics,

No I haven't jumped on the HHKB train just yet. However, I do have a custom board with this exact layout inbound. I'm trying to wrap my mind around the FN key location and how on earth I will be able to utilize my beloved HOME, END, PGUP and PGDOWN.

Practicing the pinky FN + K, FN + N seems rather uncomfortable. Also, does the HHKB allow for the swapping of Backspace and Del? So that Del = FN.

I'm a long time TKL fan, and utilize all of the extra keys provided. I really want to convert to a simple 60% layout, but coming up with a suitable set of hotkeys for my fav. keys is seemingly difficult.

Thanks

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline Tactile

Re: HHKB Users: Use HOME END PGDN PGUP regularly?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 18:11:15 »
With a Hasu controller you can put any key anywhere.
REΛLFORCE

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 18:57:39 »
Hi HHKB fanatics,

No I haven't jumped on the HHKB train just yet. However, I do have a custom board with this exact layout inbound. I'm trying to wrap my mind around the FN key location and how on earth I will be able to utilize my beloved HOME, END, PGUP and PGDOWN.

Practicing the pinky FN + K, FN + N seems rather uncomfortable. Also, does the HHKB allow for the swapping of Backspace and Del? So that Del = FN.

I'm a long time TKL fan, and utilize all of the extra keys provided. I really want to convert to a simple 60% layout, but coming up with a suitable set of hotkeys for my fav. keys is seemingly difficult.

Thanks
I actually use these keybinds quite a lot.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 13:22:32 »
the stock location of home/end and pgup/pgdn is pretty good to be honest. You just start with your pinkie on the fn and your index finger is now on pgdown... pgup is up, left is end, left and up in home
-Dana