Author Topic: Help me find which Zealios to get?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Pavilions

Help me find which Zealios to get?
« on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 13:51:17 »
I want to get Zealios switches after I read a lot of good articles about how nice they are. I want to start giving you a brief about what switches I use, firstly, I used to use cherry MX browns I enjoyed using them until I began to use Gateron Browns, which is by far much more pleasant to type on and suited me better. So my goal is to get a Zealio that is similar to the Gaterom brown I don't mind if it's a little bit heavier, I think being a bit heavier could be an advantage since I sometimes feel that my Gateron browns are a little bit light for me even though I enjoy them.

should I get
1) Zealio 62g
2) Zealio 65g
3) Zealio 67g

Note: I have tried Cherry MX Clears, and they were to heavy for me.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2018, 13:53:52 by Pavilions »

Offline Kevadu

Re: Help me find which Zealios to get?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 14:06:38 »
Uh...get a switch tester and try them out.  How are we supposed to know which ones you would like the most?

Offline Pavilions

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 14:48:06 »
Uh...get a switch tester and try them out.  How are we supposed to know which ones you would like the most?

Thanks, but maybe by telling me which one is a little bit heavier than the Gateron browns, and how much the weight difference between each one?

Offline killyou

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 15:18:56 »
I had Cherry MX Clears and they were too heavy. Bought Zeals 78g and still to heavy. Right now I'm at 67g and they are great but still I ordered 65g to compare. I would go with 65g or 67g if I were you.

It's not easy to test switches with a switch tester. I only know that I like a switch after couple of days using it on a full keyboard. You only find about the weight or any quirks after constant usage. Tester will only show you some initial impression and it might be totally different than what's your experience after a week.

Offline Pavilions

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 15:52:45 »
I had Cherry MX Clears and they were too heavy. Bought Zeals 78g and still to heavy. Right now I'm at 67g and they are great but still I ordered 65g to compare. I would go with 65g or 67g if I were you.

It's not easy to test switches with a switch tester. I only know that I like a switch after couple of days using it on a full keyboard. You only find about the weight or any quirks after constant usage. Tester will only show you some initial impression and it might be totally different than what's your experience after a week.

You are the perfect guy to ask since you almost tried all of them, when you get 65g, please share your experience. What are your thoughts about the 67g do you feel it's heavier than browns if you tried browns?

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 16:02:31 »
62g feel like the same weight as gateron browns, just with more pronounced tactile bump. 65g are slightly heavier, so if you're looking for slightly heavier, 65g is probably the best option. You should still get a switch tester before ordering a bunch of zealios, they're pretty expensive

Offline Pavilions

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 06:08:50 »
62g feel like the same weight as gateron browns, just with more pronounced tactile bump. 65g are slightly heavier, so if you're looking for slightly heavier, 65g is probably the best option. You should still get a switch tester before ordering a bunch of zealios, they're pretty expensive

Thanks for your answer, but even the 65g shouldn't be much heavier right? I'm guessing because of the weight difference it shouldn't be much if the difference around 5g.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 06:44:47 »
I've owned MX clears, and replaced the springs with 67g gold plated ones and they felt great.
Although I mention that they're using 67g, they feel stiffer (in a good way) but not as smooth compared to 67g zealios.

As others have already mentioned, 62g will be the closest ones to MX browns.
As for the 65g and 67g, personally I feel that 65g is a tad more tactile than the rest and 67g has a better cushion out.
They're not that heavier compared to 62g but you'll definitely feel subtle differences among them.

Offline Pavilions

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 07:11:13 »
I've owned MX clears, and replaced the springs with 67g gold plated ones and they felt great.
Although I mention that they're using 67g, they feel stiffer (in a good way) but not as smooth compared to 67g zealios.

As others have already mentioned, 62g will be the closest ones to MX browns.
As for the 65g and 67g, personally I feel that 65g is a tad more tactile than the rest and 67g has a better cushion out.
They're not that heavier compared to 62g but you'll definitely feel subtle differences among them.

Yes, I'm thinking of getting the 65g I think I'm almost convinced that it's the best option to get for my needs since it's in the middle and a bit heavier.