Author Topic: Where to pick up caps for a leopold 660m?  (Read 1566 times)

Offline hking0036

Where to pick up caps for a leopold 660m?
« on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 10:36:42 »
My friend lost his "Q" key when he was cleaning his caps and has been using a 3D printed replacement, but he is itching for a real replacement now. As far as I recall however, they use a non-standard bottom row so they are going to be hard to get a replacement for (also I think those stock caps are really good). Does anyone know where to go to pick up a replacement set, or even just a single key? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 March 2021, 10:39:21 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Where to pick up caps for a leopold 660m?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 13:35:17 »
There are alot of sets out there, just need to make sure they carry the 1.75u shift, the rest of the caps look pretty standard.  It's the fun of owning a non-standard board - even though 65's are coming to be pretty normal/mainstream now that more companies are producing them.  Only board I have that is a PITA to get certain caps for are my pair of CM Quickfire TK's as the bottom row is very much non-standard thanks to the odd sized spacebar (6.5u).  If you're wanting a cheapie set, look at Tai hao and HK gaming.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline karen11

• quickapyportal
Re: Where to pick up caps for a leopold 660m?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 15:17:10 »
I have the white on white FC660M. I think it looks great but I'd like a little more visual separation between the alphas and the mods. Is there anywhere I can get just a set of mods for it in a medium grey-ish colour? The only colours I can find (full sets) are black, navy and white, which I don't hink would look so great mixed together in a white case kbd.