Author Topic: [GB] GMK Alter - DECLARING WAR ON THE HOLY GRAIL  (Read 119997 times)

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
Re: [GB] GMK Alter - finally shipping
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 23:58:17 »
A large amount of alter shipping labels will be issued tonight. You have 5 days to make sure the address on the labels is correct, please PM me if they aren't. In those 5 days I will be doing box prep.

If you are international, I will be issuing your labels in a second wave after the domestic labels. I have no clear time on your shipments as of yet, will have to do some more quoting work about that, but expect those to be issued in the middle of the week.

Offline xMx_Miller

Re: [GB] GMK Alter - Switchmod shipping commences
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 17:43:35 »
I got my set today, the set looks amazing. sorry no photos, my photography skills are trash.

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:32:34 »
WOO!

Re: [GB] GMK Alter - finally shipping
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 18:17:51 »
A large amount of alter shipping labels will be issued tonight. You have 5 days to make sure the address on the labels is correct, please PM me if they aren't. In those 5 days I will be doing box prep.

If you are international, I will be issuing your labels in a second wave after the domestic labels. I have no clear time on your shipments as of yet, will have to do some more quoting work about that, but expect those to be issued in the middle of the week.

Any update on US shipping? My tracking still says label created.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 18:39:56 »

They're going out in small batches every day since daily pick up can't take all the packages in one go, should move soon
I love Elzy

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 18:42:49 »

They're going out in small batches every day since daily pick up can't take all the packages in one go, should move soon

Thanks, it's cool, was more worried about the package being dropped off and the post office not scanning it/picking it up. I've had that happen to a couple of things I've mailed out since Covid-19 due to under staffing at my post office.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 05:41:50 »
got my set yesterday. the colors came out great. thanks, sifo. :-*

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 11:44:13 »
got my set yesterday. the colors came out great. thanks, sifo. :-*

Show Image

Show Image

oh snap, blessed to have naaafu pics of the set. I've heard nothing but struggles when it comes to photographing the set. I still don't have mine so I can't tell until I compare it directly to a sample but so far a lot of pics seem to look weird with the mod to alpha contrast but this looks good. thanks man!
I love Elzy

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 15:52:46 »
oh snap, blessed to have naaafu pics of the set. I've heard nothing but struggles when it comes to photographing the set. I still don't have mine so I can't tell until I compare it directly to a sample but so far a lot of pics seem to look weird with the mod to alpha contrast but this looks good. thanks man!

here are some pics of the keys with natural lighting and white paper. hopefully this helps.

really happy with how this set came out. hope you get yours soon. :)

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 00:06:55 »

here are some pics of the keys with natural lighting and white paper. hopefully this helps.

really happy with how this set came out. hope you get yours soon. :)

Show Image

Show Image

seeing this and comparing to old sample pics i took i'm fairly certain now that it's correct

I was pretty depressed seeing how it turned out in other people's pics but yours has got me excited again lol. Glad you like the final product, thanks for sharing <3
I love Elzy

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 00:15:13 »
seeing this and comparing to old sample pics i took i'm fairly certain now that it's correct

I was pretty depressed seeing how it turned out in other people's pics but yours has got me excited again lol. Glad you like the final product, thanks for sharing <3

ah that's good to hear.

the only other photo i've seen so far is pineappleninja's above. hmm maybe some people used the wrong alphas? the wrong alphas (the really dark blue ones) were in the same tray as the mods, so you had to use the corrected alphas from the extra tray that was included.

also yeah this set is probably very difficult to photograph. i'm sure if i used my phone, the red legends would have blown out and taken the dark blue alphas along with them.

Offline glack23

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 01:08:59 »
Took this with phone and normal lighting

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 18:10:05 »

ah that's good to hear.

the only other photo i've seen so far is pineappleninja's above. hmm maybe some people used the wrong alphas? the wrong alphas (the really dark blue ones) were in the same tray as the mods, so you had to use the corrected alphas from the extra tray that was included.

also yeah this set is probably very difficult to photograph. i'm sure if i used my phone, the red legends would have blown out and taken the dark blue alphas along with them.

I've definitely seen an unreasonable amount of pictures with the Falter alphas, presumably for the reason you described. But a lot of phone pics makes the gray look way too light and the legends unreadable. But now I'm convinced it's just a lighting thing.

Took this with phone and normal lighting
Show Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

nice nice! thanks for sharing, hope you're enjoying it, and perfect artisan!
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 13:34:15 »

Hi guys, as we have passed a full year since GB launched and are finally wrapping up, I just wanted to recap and say some words.

Firstly, I'm really sorry it's taken so long. It's been a full year and that's a really long time, even for this hobby. Things don't always go according to plan but ultimately it was because of mistakes made by me on top of covid delays and FedEx refusing to deliver the package to Krelbit.

Second, the colors didn't turn out as advertised. Basically the original colors I picked were way too dark and we decided to completely repick them for a R2 color match. This is when the Falter fiasco happened.

When picking R2 colors I did my best with help from Olivia and Krelbit to match the renders as closely as we could. Unfortunately it's not as purple as some people may have hoped for, and the contrast between the mods and alphas might be a tad bit off if I'm being super picky? I don't actually have a set of my own yet to verify that, but it seems like this set is really hard to photograph.

Falter happened due to, I guess a misunderstanding or miscommunication with GMK where they ended up using the wrong color to create all the alphas, and thus they all had to be remade using the intended color. Big thanks to GMK for working with us on that. I would have been devastated if the wrong alphas were all we had. To clarify, the lighter alphas are the correct ones.

None of these delays would have happened if I didn't make the amateur mistake of choosing colors that would turn out too dark as plastic.

I put in a lot of work to make this set happen so all of these events have been really stressful. All the extra details like the box and slap (thanks to Switchmod for these) was our way of making it extra special and I hope you enjoy that. I'm pretty bummed out things didn't match my original vision, but I think it turned out great in its own way.

To everyone who's helped make it happen anyway, I can't thank you enough for all your support over the past year. I'm hearing lots of nice things about the set so I'm glad people are still enjoying it regardless of it not being my idea of "perfect". And if you don't like it, you have my full blessing to flip it for however much you want to on mechmarket, and also my sincerist apologies for it not living up to your expectations. I'd like to think it wasn't the worst "first gb" attempt ever.

Hope everyone gets their set soon. Thank you weebs and non-weebs!

Also stay tuned for a Prime Caps colorway collab...
I love Elzy

Offline Arimil

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 22:55:05 »
Damn, these look nice. Wish I didn't miss this.
"A king is someone that kills everyone to protect everyone."

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 03:36:50 »
I got this set today, Amazing
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2020, 04:01:07 by Morgan3Wheeler »
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 17:05:10 »
madge fine

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 18:14:39 »
two sets of alphas again p ls

Offline Sifo