Author Topic: The TV Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 10584 times)

Offline Lanx

The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 18:25:44 »
So it'll be about current tv, ppl will talk about current episodes so tread the thread carefully, i'm pretty sure most won't use the spoiler tag, but eh.

Arrow:

I am happily surprised, this is a GOOD SHOW, and i rate shows really really REALLY harshly, but i saw it on Hulu, wondered why is it popular, then i'm like "oh it's a comic book show" (basically green arrow, but if you watch it you know they never call him green arrow, the name of the show isn't even green arrow, it's just arrow, probably to be like the other dc tv shows like smallville).

Then i'm like ok... and one guy dies, and another dies and i'm like, oh yea! (cuz i thought it'd be like some wussie tv show, where he shoots arrows into the arms or legs and pins them down for the police, nope, he straight up executes ppl) Then i'm like hey this story is pretty good. (all my life i've ignored the green arrow, probably thought it was just a cheesy green lantern copy or something, but i know most of the DC universe, just not a fan of it)

I'm into eps 4 and it's pretty good, would recommend.

Sons of anarchy:
so like if anyone has followed this series, season 5 is finally GOOD!, i really hated SOA for the past 2 seasons, that whole canada stuff was so boring, now we get to jax taking care of business.

broadwalk empire:
I catch it with my neighbors, it's kinda slowing down now, story is getting pretty bland, really wondering what the angle is for "office space" guy.

dexter:
ugh i hate dexter, another one of those "movie nights" with friends, i've hated dexter after trinity, at least they stopped doing the "kill of the week" where he has to kill someone everywhere, that was getting so tiring, i know why am i watching it... like i said "movie night"

american horror story:
i don't know, it's either way too slow, or just boring, season1 was great, but this new season (since it's an anthology with new characters) just isn't jiving with me.

the walking dead:
i like that they "aged" the cast, basically they took the hint from the comics and said, yea they've been around the park for a long time. The governor just isn't doing it for me, but i'll give him time, i'm also positive that a comic spoiler won't go into the story, read it only if you've read the spoiler only if you've read a fair bit of the comics.
I heard that one of the things that kirkman(walking dead author) would take back would be chopping off ricks hand, he said it limited rick too much, and i'm sure that since the walking dead had it's budget cut so bad, they aren't going to try to green screen that hand forever, which is probably why they brought back earl, he'll play the part of missing hand guy.

Offline tcv

Re: The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 07:15:29 »
Dexter is pretty good this season. It was weak during season 5 and 6.

I can't wait for Game of Thrones. ****s about to get real.

Offline imersa

• clickclack's #1 fan
The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 07:26:51 »
Very true about dexter, loving it again now though. Surprised its come this far!

Anyone watch life & times of Tim? Was disappointed it got cut

Offline Lanx

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 20:01:34 »
yea lol, sucks waiting for the next season of
GoT
Breaking Bad

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 20:08:04 »
Breaking Bad

Just started watching the first half of Season 5.  It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Trent

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 20:52:28 »
Mad Men & Homeland -- That is all.

Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline Lanx

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:10:41 »
Breaking Bad

Just started watching the first half of Season 5.  It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?
episode 7 of season 5 breaking bad...
the first 5 minutes is quite possibly the scene in all of tv.

lol, i'm watching dexter with friends tonite and i'm going, where do i know this chick? i've seen her ALOT, why do i know her... but don't know

then
she's god damn miranda!

Mad Men & Homeland -- That is all.
Show Image

Show Image

i had an a-hole friend ask (while i was at his house) did you ever watch homeland? i'm like no, he's like ok here check out the first eps of season2, i'm like... "ok sure"
then he proceeds to show me the re-cap for season 1, i'm like WTF, if you want me to watch a show why the hell would you spoiler the whole thing for me?

so no, i can't watch homeland, even though claire daines was the only good thing from terminator 3.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:22:27 »
I watch only a few shows.

Walking dead, I have seen every episode and read every comic book, even the 4 page freebie in the girly mag about Michonne's backstory. Totally agree with you about not feeling the Governor, but wow did they get Michonne right. This season stepped it up in terms of story, and I have a feeling Rick will keep his hand. I wonder if Michonne and Governor will have the scenes from the comic book ... BIG SPOILER FROM S3E4 - DO NOT READ until you finish that episode. You have been warned. I think Lori's story line should have gone like the comic books. That was amazing when Lily did what she did and then figured out what was really going on.

I also watch Revolution, but only for the blond girl. The show could literary be her walking around and I'd watch every episode. Good thing that's mainly what it is.

I dig Mad Men, but it's been off so long I lost the feel for it.

And that is about it for new shows. I used to watch Alphas but that show took a dump with the season finale, so I don't think I'll be back for the next season.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:31:22 by xsphat »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:22:28 »
desperate housewives.

really. come at me bro.

also mad men, buffy and angel. i dont watch a lot of shows while they're on the air because i'm a binge viewer.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:22:44 »
desperate housewives.

really. come at me bro.

lol. I'm a binge viewer too. I watched the reimagined BSG series on Netflix in about 2 weeks (but I skipped the movies since it was my second time through and I see no reason to ever watch them again. Ever.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:26:34 by xsphat »

Offline Lanx

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:38:31 »
I also watch Revolution, but only for the blond girl. The show could literary be her walking around and I'd watch every episode. Good thing that's mainly what it is.

thoughts on revolution, should i give it a try? it's not on movie night, and i can catch it on hulu.

btw i'm so glad that they did what they did with the walking dead this recent episode, the comic version, was the more superior version, BUT i can see where it would DEF not be on tv, ever (the lori portion).

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:39:20 »
oh and star trek and firefly. duh
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:47:56 »
thoughts on revolution, should i give it a try? it's not on movie night, and i can catch it on hulu.

btw i'm so glad that they did what they did with the walking dead this recent episode, the comic version, was the more superior version, BUT i can see where it would DEF not be on tv, ever (the lori portion).
[/quote]

What about Michonne and the Governor's first meeting? I don't think AMC would ever put THAT on TV, but they did mention the Governor's daughter, teehee ... Lets see where this goes ...

And Revolution is a decent show, kind of the classic take on good versus evil with a little "anyone can change" tossed in for good measure. As stated, the blonde is why I watch it, but the show doesn't suck. It's not a new idea for the apocalypse, but at least it's not like the rest of them, which usually make any male who wasn't in the opening credits a mindless villain and rapist. I hate that, becasue I have never raped anyone so I doubt the fall of mankind would bring that out in me, and I think the last thing on my mind during the end of the world is sniffing strange tail who hasn't had a shower in a year.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:52:53 »
No one is talking about Burn Notice and this is disappointing to me.  I'd say the same thing for White Collar, too. 

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:54:25 »

I'd pump her full of blanks (since I happen to be fixed).

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:58:39 »
No one is talking about Burn Notice and this is disappointing to me.  I'd say the same thing for White Collar, too. 
i watched the first season of white collar and it was ok for a 'junk food' type show, but too ridiculous and unbelievable (seriously the plot jumps and 'policing' scenes are just too outlandish) for me to get too invested in it. plus... who cares about some INCREDIBLE WHITE DUDE who is just totally perfect and capable of anything? there's no depth to the characters :(

Offline Lanx

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 01:34:18 »
What about Michonne and the Governor's first meeting? I don't think AMC would ever put THAT on TV, but they did mention the Governor's daughter, teehee ... Lets see where this goes ...

looks like they're gonna make it a governor and andrea thing instead. I really hope they don't mess up the pacing tho, they've done so much comic vs. tv series juggle story i'm forgetting which one went where, but when t-dog started talking stupid "lets integrate with known felons", i knew he was gonna get axed.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 01:39:43 »
I knew he was gonna get it too. Another thing I love about the tv show is how far Karl has come. He totally kicks ass in the comic book, even without and an eye and ear.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 01:40:44 »
Oh yeah, and for fans of the comic book, "You follow me?"

Offline Lanx

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 02:38:19 »
actually i watched walking dead season1 when it came out, and i then went to my comic dealer and got as many trade/paperbacks of the walking dead(to get up to date) only to find out if Karl dies, my thinking was "dear lord, please let him and the mother die", well at least half of it was granted.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 07:51:15 »
...Carl is still alive in the comic book ... and kicking butt. He's one of the strongest characters in the series.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Carl_Grimes_%28Comic_Series%29
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 November 2012, 07:53:58 by xsphat »

Offline trentva

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 08:43:02 »
walking deadddddddd

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 11:10:08 »
Just finished the first half of Breaking Bad Season 5...

Holy **** man...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 15:47:24 »
The shows I consider "good" that I watch are: Breaking bad, Game of Thrones (read all the books), Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Archer, Shameless, Nurse Jackie, Futurama, and Parks and Recreation. There are a ton of guilty pleasure shows I watch because they make me laugh like: New Girl, Ben and Kate, Animal Practice, Big Bank Theory, and probably a couple others. THEN I watch a couple shows with my fiancee just to make her laugh because I essentially Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentate the entire time because the shows are so ****ed up. In this category would be: 9021crap, breaking amish, face-off (or something like that), honey boo boo, and several other shows that I have no idea what they are called.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 15:51:19 »
GET OUT NOW!! jk, sorta :)

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 16:02:42 »
The league, malcolm in the middle.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Lanx

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 18:15:21 »
oh yea, i'm kinda caught up on all reality shows too... except survivor(never did that series)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 18:18:42 »
Weeds, It's Always Sunny, Futurama, The League, Simpsons, Family Guy, Homeland, Shameless, Game of Thrones, The Office, How I Met Your Mother

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 18:24:15 »
The Walking Dead is my favourite right now.

Also following How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Modern Family.

Was following Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Entourage.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 21:09:46 »
does anyone watch

once upon a time
revenge
misfits
666 park ave
grim

these are the most popular shows on hulu, sorta kinda know what they are the first two just show the backsides of a blond...

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Re: Re: The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 01:16:26 »
does anyone watch

once upon a time
revenge
misfits
666 park ave
grim

these are the most popular shows on hulu, sorta kinda know what they are the first two just show the backsides of a blond...
My gf watches all of those....but they all seem like girl shows

Offline Lanx

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 04:56:04 »
bleh this weeks walking dead, boring, idk if it was really boring, or cuz i've read the comics tho, dexter is just as boring, another season of him finding a blond killer like him, oh that's true all the women he's been with have been blond, i wonder if it's a dexter thing or a network thing. boardwalk empire is slowing down too, this must be the week of slowdowns, guess i'm hoping for SOA to pick things up.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 05:04:17 »
This week's The Walking Dead:

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 05:34:18 »
"Hullo, I'm trying to reach dog."
"This is Rick, who is this?"
"Oh sorry Rick, wrong number."
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 November 2012, 05:35:59 by noisyturtle »

Offline Lanx

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 05:42:13 »
battlestar galactica blood and chrome...

hey it's not bad for the first 20mins

i guess they are putting episodes up on youtube to create hype for next year? or is it going to be straight to dvd?

either way it does sound silly, a prequel to a sequel of a reboot

Offline Lanx

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 14 November 2012, 06:47:36 »
ah, SOA redeemed this week for me, btw does anyone watch reality tv?

the voice/top model (wife... well i used to like these shows but so boring now)

anyone doing survivor?

Offline Lanx

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 17:09:23 »
bleh this week tv, is bleh, dexter is... boring dexter

walking dead is... i guess i'm just angry with it, i don't know i hate how michone is portrayed, how they're minimalizing the telephone, making andrea a skanky slut, and the governor is just not bad ass enough, oh and carol, ha is it me or is anyone else getting tired of tv jamie lee curtis? why couldn't they kill her off with t-dog.

see the problem with the walking dead is the cast isn't dying fast enough, sure they killed t-dog, but he was... yea exactly a nobody. i mean i don't want the walking dead to be like like lost to me... in that everytime i watched lost i kept going.
omg when are they going to kill the blond girl!
omg when are they going to kill the kill!
omg kill the hobbit already!

on a different note, ppl i watch TWD with like it, i'm spoiled by having read the comics, so whenever they talk about TWD, i always never say a word (cuz i don't want to spoil anything, until a character get's killed off)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:11:07 »
I like the way Michonne is portrayed, they f'ed up the phone thing, and the governor is way too pussified.

But Andrea is a skanky slut? So she did 2 guys in the year of time gone by in the tv show? Don't think so. She has yet to walk into a bar and spread 'em. She didn't even do T-Dog (which would have made her a slut in the eyes of America because he's black). She doesn't look, dress or act like a ****. So what if she pumps the Gov? They obviously are setting up a rift between Rick and Gov for future episodes.

But the thing I was wondering, is now they have Glenn in Woodbury with Maggie. Do you think Maggie is going to get the same treatment Michonne got on her first couple days there in the comic book? Part of me hopes so, and if they set them up in adjacent rooms like in the comic book ....

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:25:18 »
How was the phone portrayed in the comic book? Never read that far, but from watching it was pretty obvious to me what was real by the second call.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:48:01 »
How was the phone portrayed in the comic book? Never read that far, but from watching it was pretty obvious to me what was real by the second call.

... Watch the episode again, then I'll tell you.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:50:26 »
I don't like how they make it seem like Michone is Andreas pet that took a **** on the rug and is in trouble now. That whole scene where Andrea talks to the governor about her and said something like "she wouldn't have attacked unless she felt threatened" it reminded me of a parent being called into the principles office cuz there kid got in trouble. I don't know how she is portrayed in the comic but she is waaay more bad ass then Andrea and it seems to me like she should be calling the shots instead of Andrea. I'm glad she took off. As for the phone call, I think it's safe to say that the phone company isn't up and running in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Rick has lost it.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:57:42 »
Michonne is not a leader in the comicbook either, she's kind of a bull. And there is no doubt she's a badass. Ever.

And in the event of an apocalypse, cellphones would work long after the landlines were down. FEMA had longlife batteries installed in every base tower After they f'ed up Katrina so bad. So unless it's an all out nuclear war (which won't happen) and EM fries the electronics in the towers, the cell system will work.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:11:23 »
^ but what about land lines?  That's what Rick was using. Somewhere something has to be powering the phone lines right? Like I said I haven't read the comics so ultimately I can't be sure.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:21:34 »
Dude, watch the episode again. It's explained in the end.

EDIT: I sent you a PM. Relax, Neo, the answers are coming ...
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:28:40 by xsphat »

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:42:31 »
^Noted

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:43:49 »
While we are on the topic of AMC shows. Has anyone watched Hell on Wheels?  I found it hard to get into but after 2 seasons I'm on board.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:52:51 »
I've heard lots of people say the same thing.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:01:27 »
the telephone i think is one of the more interesting "things" "arcs" "side-stories" and i think they are totally gonna mess it up.

i highly doubt anyone is gonna get the "treatment" it is AMC, not fx or hbo or showtime.

oh and the prison, sucks without tyreese... can't believe they are gonna gloss over a character like that, probably gonna be the same way for abe too.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
The TV Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:13:41 »
Well judging by all of these comments in regards to the graphic novels, I'd say I should probably get to reading them. After all I have every issue on my hard drive....just not much of a reader.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:19:42 »
don't do it if you really like the tv show lol, cuz the source material will overshadow the tv show, which is understandable how the tv show has become what it is (merge multiple characters into one, changing the story around a bit, swapping character traits and stories, this is all to coincide with the limitations of a tv series, budget and actors). But man the prison arc is like my favorite arc and it just feels "empty" without so many pivitol characters.