Author Topic: Nothing to do with r!ppster >.> <.<  (Read 10745 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Nothing to do with r!ppster >.> <.<
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:51:54 »
Why even this thread?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:55:43 »
He's a sad, sad little man.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:58:23 »
He's a sad, sad little man.

Yeah I have to agree with you here. So much hate. Gives me the ****s how he feels the need to stick his ****ing nose in and crap on about 'geekwhack' as soon as you mention this place. I'm usually only mentioning it because people asked me where I sourced some caps but he has to come along and be a ****.

I feel sorry for him in a way. He must be a very unhappy individual to spew such crap all the time.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:36:24 »
I feel sorry for him in a way. He must be a very unhappy individual to spew such crap all the time.

Same here.  It's inhuman to despise someone so intensely that the mere mention of his name raises your blood temp/pressure.  You'll find life is really short when all you have space for in your heart is the hatred of another human being 24/7.

When you get older, you just have more time to dwell on what really matters, but some people are content to nurture hatred with such care and intensity, it's almost a religious-passion of sorts.

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:44:34 »
Not a good day for Ripster on Reddit:

http://imgur.com/gallery/dcRiZ

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:46:08 »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:51:03 »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:52:29 »
Not a good day for Ripster on Reddit:

http://imgur.com/gallery/dcRiZ
huh?

Needs context, the title was "What every ripster album looks like". He ain't wrong.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:54:56 »
Needs context, the title was "What every ripster album looks like". He ain't wrong.
Makes much more sense now.. :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 23:33:53 »
Nothing to do with r!ppster...

but I think this could be his brother...the foremost expert on pencils...

t=383

edit: except at 10:00 you will see that he REALLY does NOT like mechanical ones.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 23:48:39 »

t=383

edit: except at 10:00 you will see that he REALLY does NOT like mechanical ones.

I am left confused, without understanding, and without purpose.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2013, 23:53:57 by Asininity »

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 23:58:26 »

t=383

Confusion, lack of understanding and purposelessness is the point in one's life before one acquires enlightenment...or an Ergodox.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 November 2013, 03:37:27 by BlackWidowMan777 »

Offline Asininity

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 00:05:02 »

t=383

Confusion, lack of understanding and purposelessness is the point in one's life before one acquires enlightenment and an Ergodox, or so I have been told.

As long as they are not as pretentious as David Rees.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 01:24:25 »

This is cool.  People pay him to sharpen their pencils, only in America, that is so brilliant  :thumb: .  I hope he stays that way, always sharp - never changes.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 01:35:16 »

This is cool.  People pay him to sharpen their pencils, only in America, that is so brilliant  :thumb: .  I hope he stays that way, always sharp - never changes.

I cannot abide by his derogatory words against us, the mechanical pencil users.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Re: Nothing to do with r!ppster &gt;.&gt; &lt;.&lt;
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 02:13:25 »
He made a monumental contribution here before the "conflagration"

His wikis and guides were invaluable to me, and have never been adequately replaced.

Why did he "lose it" in such a spectacular way?

That is why we have shrinks.

This. ^^

Ripster was a great contributor and a lot of fun until he jumped the shark.  The deletion of his posts and wiki content was not done spitefully but out of necessity due to his own actions and threats.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 02:31:08 »
He made a monumental contribution here before the "conflagration"

His wikis and guides were invaluable to me, and have never been adequately replaced.

Why did he "lose it" in such a spectacular way?

That is why we have shrinks.

This. ^^

Ripster was a great contributor and a lot of fun until he jumped the shark.  The deletion of his posts and wiki content was not done spitefully but out of necessity due to his own actions and threats.

But really, there couldn't have not been even a modicum of spite given those wikis were quite insightful and expansive, and yet they were deleted without any backup of any sort. Even getting permabanned, his contributions were large enough to be marked as a regretful loss to keyboard science.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 12:37:03 »
Better losing the wiki than losing geekhack.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 12:46:51 »
Ripster was a sad, petty, pitiful little man. However, I did find his antics hilarious and entertaining, in his defence. Certainly preferable to the repetitive and dull troll/joke accounts we have now like microsoft_windows and tp4tissue.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 13:27:43 »
Really malphas?  Rip harped on the same things in post after post for months on end.  I will give you that he usually had several lines of spam going at any one time rather than tp's monotone ergodox talk.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 14:04:59 »
I really do think he's arrogant, butthurt, and secretly jealous he's not here anymore (why the hell else would he reference GeekHack in every other post he makes?), but I think TacticalStache put it best when he said:

Quote from: TacticalStache
He may be a ****head, but he's our ****head.

He did contribute a lot to the community, but he also continues to ramble on about how /r/MechanicalKeyboards is superior to GeekHack, basically just citing his wiki and traffic numbers. He also has so many followers he's like the leader of a cult, where all the members are trained monkeys who get all riled up whenever someone says something negative about their one true god, Ripster.

Basically, I said something against Ripster and /r/MechanicalKeyboards on a subreddit completely unrelated to his, and someone posted it on youknowhere and you would not believe how many comments I got from said trained attack monkeys. So really, I don't hate him, I dislike him, and I hate his followers..

The comments were due to your completely not civil way you responded to him/people defending him.  U mad brah.
Gotta collect them all

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 08:13:25 »
i just remembered that webwit was an active poster here as well. and his posts were deleted as well. reading an old topic where both ripster and webwit took part is weird...
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 08:19:34 »
Whenever there is not much clarification or transperancy on the issue, you can assume it was at least partly done out of spite. I've seen several people banned from DT for stupid reasons. What makes this place any different? Something tells me the wiki deletion definitely had something to do with spite. If not, then please elaborate on these "threats".

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 08:27:15 »
i just remembered that webwit was an active poster here as well. and his posts were deleted as well. reading an old topic where both ripster and webwit took part is weird...

I didn't realize webwit's posts were deleted... maybe they weren't re-integrated with SMF post-r00tw0rm?  Cuz iirc, webwit left on his own terms (more like rage quit, I think) and then he started DT.

Whenever there is not much clarification or transperancy on the issue, you can assume it was at least partly done out of spite. I've seen several people banned from DT for stupid reasons. What makes this place any different?

I was banned from DT for mentioning Ripster. True story...

And GH is different because it's not at all like DT. More people, more problems, but overall still a better community.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 08:33:14 »
I just can't get any sort of a feeling for DT, it seems so sterile over there. Used to post a little bit when I signed up for accounts at both sites but I probably only check in there about once a week now.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 08:34:46 »
I just can't get any sort of a feeling for DT, it seems so sterile over there. Used to post a little bit when I signed up for accounts at both sites but I probably only check in there about once a week now.

I know what you mean. GH is more "fun & play, build stuff, CLACKS", DT is more "let's get down to business".
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 09:00:14 »
"let's get down to business".

My attempts to "do business" at Deskthority have been extremely frustrating. That is why I seldom go there any more.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 09:07:58 »
"let's get down to business".

My attempts to "do business" at Deskthority have been extremely frustrating. That is why I seldom go there any more.

I should rephrase my statement.

The way GH does things:

"Oh, I don't like you or what you're posting, so I'll respond with rustled jimmies and butthurt"

The way DT does things:

"I don't like what your posting. **** off." *You are now permabanned*

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2013, 09:15:21 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:41:30 »
After 3 pages of posts…I'm going to do what no one else is able or willing…………..

...wait…

...wait…

...here it comes……waaaiiiiiit…..

RIPSTER!
RIPSTER!
RIPSTER!

Face it, this thread is ENTIRELY about Ripster. You guys LOVE talking about him. Who doesn't? I know I do. What's not to love, it has all the ingredients of talk radio: Focused topics and polarizing issues (keyboards), divisive statements (that keyboard is CRAP!), personality (you can't deny that), and a lot of willing players (everybody that posts/reads a response one way or another. EVERYBODY).

To a degree, that is what a forum is, by definition.

My observations:
-the wiki was awesome with but of course with some glaring holes…I don't understand people that say it was crap.
-great photos.
-great photos.
-some VERY interesting and VERY helpful and VERY invaluable info/posts/assistance. VERY. Don't deny it, that just makes you look bad.
-along with the good came bad. But it also takes 2 to Tango, and there was no shortage of willing participants. Engaging Ripster off topic was a death sentence. The guy is a relentless ninja. I wouldn't wanna sell him a defective toaster over, I'd find it lodged in my anus with a mean note engraved on a Lego attached.
-Reddit posts drive clicks to GH. Undeniable. Is this positive for GH? The answer is obvious. Any promotion is good promotion.

Personally I'm sorry things played out the way it did. But, this is life.

Now, back to the uber-cool red clack…that damn thing is a beauty, ain't it?

P.S.
DT is quite awesome in it's own way. Very different than GH. I find they compliment each other to a degree. I really dig a lot of the foreign geeks, they are JUST LIKE US, but talk funny.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:43:18 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:44:25 »
Well you did that wrong, also you are wrong. This thread... I made it because he was asking a silly price for a clack, not to debate ripster.

Edit
That came over too hostile... oops

:p
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:48:12 by Tym »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:53:26 »
Engaging Ripster off topic was a death sentence. The guy is a relentless ninja. I wouldn't wanna sell him a defective toaster over, I'd find it lodged in my anus with a mean note engraved on a Lego attached.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:54:35 »
Well you did that wrong, also you are wrong. This thread... I made it because he was asking a silly price for a clack, not to debate ripster.

Edit

BE HOSTILE! YOU'RE A MAN! IT'S OK BROTHER! IT'S WHAT WE ARE!  ANIMALS!!!! LOL

I am referring to 3 pages of posts that are 80% ripping on Rippy and not the clack. Can't we all just get along? xoxoxoxoxo

P.S.
I'm never wrong, just ask Kawa, Demi or any of those "damn foreigners" on DT.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:58:15 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 10:58:46 »

Edit

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 11:30:47 »

Hey, DT's awesome... if you understand European mentality.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 11:34:06 »
Lets stop giving him the attention he desires.  You know this thread will end up on r/ripster.

Offline iri

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 11:38:33 »
dt is boring.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 11:41:44 »
Lets stop giving him the attention he desires.  You know this thread will end up on r/ripster.

too late....

Offline iri

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 13:02:21 »
was he the author of the nickel test?
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2013, 13:59:41 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 13:07:48 »

I like how there is no ability to downvote on /r/ripster.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 13:14:28 »
Just went there. I never realized how bad it was...

tp thread is tp thread

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 13:28:09 »
i would very much like to forget he exists
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 16:14:27 »
Just went there. I never realized how bad it was...

It's a special kind of speshul.

And I'm actually amazed that he gets away with all the blatant buy offs and marketing he's been doing in his sub latly, from Tesoro to the new grips he was advertising and so on.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2013, 16:47:20 by nubbinator »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:20:27 »
i would very much like to forget he exists

Who?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......