Author Topic: [IC] GMK 9009  (Read 107926 times)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
Re: [IC] GMK 9009
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 06:28:12 »
Is it too late to add Colemak/Dvorak support now that Yuri and Nautilus has led the way for molds?

I was wondering this. But because it's beige and it could be used with other beige sets, I wonder if it could be done as a separate little GB?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 06:28:55 »
Is it too late to add Colemak/Dvorak support now that Yuri and Nautilus has led the way for molds?

Hmm if I recall it correctly the Col/Dvorak kit even had issues succeeding with Nautilus on MassDrop? I could be wrong though but I remember seeing some low numbers when Zambumon shared them on Instagram.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 06:41:02 »

Hmm if I recall it correctly the Col/Dvorak kit even had issues succeeding with Nautilus on MassDrop? I could be wrong though but I remember seeing some low numbers when Zambumon shared them on Instagram.

56 purchases out of 1899 base sets on MassDrop

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 07:22:17 »
That's true, I was one of those people who bought 3 Colemak kits for support. I was hoping that there may be more buyers since this can work for Classic Retro and OG Cherry kits too

Offline avid

« Reply #304 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 07:25:02 »

If still open for suggestions, this key would be lovely for all the scandinavian/german users. Could fit into either addon kit or regular kit.

Countries that use this key: germany, scandinavia, belgium, croatia, french, iceland, italy, portugal, spain, swiss.
So i belive it could even replay the normally included key that is used in ISO UK:

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:30:02 by avid »

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 07:32:49 »
Show Image

If still open for suggestions, this key would be lovely for all the scandinavian/german users.
+1

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 07:52:39 »
Show Image

If still open for suggestions, this key would be lovely for all the scandinavian/german users. Could fit into either addon kit or regular kit.

I love that key in general.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 09:53:08 »
Show Image

Countries that use this key: germany, scandinavia, belgium, croatia, french, iceland, italy, portugal, spain, swiss.
So i belive it could even replay the normally included key that is used in ISO UK:

Show Image

Hmm wouldn't only adding one key from that layout and scrapping perfect coverage for ISO UK be kinda weird? :/

Offline avid

« Reply #308 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 10:16:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Hmm wouldn't only adding one key from that layout and scrapping perfect coverage for ISO UK be kinda weird? :/

It's a trade-off. Basically it's the brits that use the current key. Not sure if feasible with one more key.

I realize this brings even more of a headache. The sets are fantastic, so i think most would be happy as is and get this running!
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 September 2017, 10:40:00 by avid »

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #309 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 17:59:08 »
Final quote is out! Let's hope GMK gets back to us soon so you can get your 9009 ASAP!!

Offline avid

« Reply #310 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 18:22:49 »
Awesome! Is the estimated time of a few weeks something that is normal when getting a pricing quote?

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 18:33:50 »
Awesome! Is the estimated time of a few weeks something that is normal when getting a pricing quote?
normally 12~16 weeks after pay the payment to GMK.

Offline avid

« Reply #312 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 18:35:47 »
normally 12~16 weeks after pay the payment to GMK.

Oh sorry i meant getting the price quota for how much each set will cost - so that vendors can start the GB!

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 05:45:26 »
I'm trying to keep you guys updated as much as I can. I'm currently in talks with a Korean proxy as well. There is quite a lot of interest out of Korea, meaning that MOQ shouldn't become an issue for any of the kits.

However, he is estimating the purchase price from GMK about $18 higher than I did. This would, of course, be an issue price wise. I really want to keep the base price as low as possible. There are a couple routes I can explore if the quote from GMK really comes back that high. I could remove keys from the base kit (since there really are a lot, mainly thanks to all of the accents) or we could put the current price at 250 MOQ. Honestly, I really don't want to do either of those but I also don't want to turn this into a $160 base kit.

Let's hope GMK pleasantly surprises us :/

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 06:01:42 »
there are also few Indonesians who are interested in this.
keep it coming. i'm very sure we can strive past MOQ. given enough publicity. i'll also help you at that!
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline avid

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 06:51:06 »
I'm trying to keep you guys updated as much as I can. I'm currently in talks with a Korean proxy as well. There is quite a lot of interest out of Korea, meaning that MOQ shouldn't become an issue for any of the kits.

However, he is estimating the purchase price from GMK about $18 higher than I did. This would, of course, be an issue price wise. I really want to keep the base price as low as possible. There are a couple routes I can explore if the quote from GMK really comes back that high. I could remove keys from the base kit (since there really are a lot, mainly thanks to all of the accents) or we could put the current price at 250 MOQ. Honestly, I really don't want to do either of those but I also don't want to turn this into a $160 base kit.

Current price at 250 MOQ shouldnt be a problem! All the accents are so important and im so happy we have colored ISO enters finally for a nice beige kit.

Take GMK Solarized dark: 387 base kit.
GMK oblivion: 466 (white + grey set) base kits

The 9009 is the most popular beige set ever. This set is also something that people will buy in multiplies, to have another beige set on hand. It will not have a hard time pushing past 250 MOQ.  This is a set that currently sells for +$300 and gets picked up instantly, so dont doubt the popularity.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2017, 06:56:06 by avid »

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 07:34:57 »

Current price at 250 MOQ shouldnt be a problem! All the accents are so important and im so happy we have colored ISO enters finally for a nice beige kit.

The 9009 is the most popular beige set ever. This set is also something that people will buy in multiplies, to have another beige set on hand. It will not have a hard time pushing past 250 MOQ.  This is a set that currently sells for +$300 and gets picked up instantly, so dont doubt the popularity.

Yeah you're right that it probably will sell well, but it's always better to set your expectations too low than to set them too high :D

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 11:08:18 »

Yeah you're right that it probably will sell well, but it's always better to set your expectations too low than to set them too high :D

Exactly.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 00:10:50 »
Yeah to be honest, I think you should be able to hit at least 500 kits as long as there are regular posts on reddit/GH/DT or whatever mentioning the set GB is going on

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #319 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:19:37 »
Just added an update about the Korean proxy! Still all quiet on the GMK front though :/

Offline avid

« Reply #320 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:24:34 »
Cocobrais!  :thumb:

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #321 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:37:04 »

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 09:40:04 »
I will!! :thumb:

Can you ship to Thailand? I'm looking for Asia proxy right now.  :))

Offline yubbi84

« Reply #323 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 16:32:09 »
First time buying from geekhack.. how can reserve one? Or would it be like first come first service?

Offline avid

« Reply #324 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 16:37:48 »
First time buying from geekhack.. how can reserve one? Or would it be like first come first service?

If you're in EU/US, there will be stores who sell it. Mykeyboard.eu in eu and some else in the us.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #325 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 16:52:23 »

Check the generals on group buys here, the first six threads, and when this particular GB becomes live be sure to check all the particular details and instructions in its GB thread. Ah, almost forget it, you are not buying from GH, you will be buying from either a vendor, or from a manufacturer trough a group buy leader.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 September 2017, 16:54:09 by ideus »

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #326 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 18:50:45 »
I will!! :thumb:

Can you ship to Thailand? I'm looking for Asia proxy right now.  :))
I am charge of only Korea. Maybe if janglad will make a china proxy for asia except Korea, you can joint to china. But if no asia proxy and janglad permit, I can ship to you.  :D

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 19:00:23 »
For Australia, do I order from the Korean proxy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 21:39:03 »
For Australia, do I order from the Korean proxy?

as i mentioned before, if janglad permit.. :D

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 04:57:36 »
I should be able to proxy for rest of Asia and Aus/NZ. Sent ya a PM janglad
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 12:14:38 »
Just for clarification purposes, where should US buyers purchase this set from?

Offline TanHin

« Reply #331 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 12:24:57 »
I have 9009 base kit round 1. Waitting for spacebar kit and more  :thumb:

Offline manzel

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 13:27:45 »
Just for clarification purposes, where should US buyers purchase this set from?
https://dixiemech.com/

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:36:08 »
Posted a little render I spent some time on on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6zftn4/late_night_retro_gmk_9009_x_modern_m0110/

Mannnnn if only GMK would reply :P

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:44:08 »
so,  just as exciting, maybe even more is

178111-0

I'm SOOOO tuned in.  Not changing the dial anytime soon.  Bring it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:16:43 by reececonrad »

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:03:58 »
Can we have an addon so that the function keys are all one color?
I prefer the consistency - F5 to F8 in white.
Am i the ONLY one that dislike the 2 tone colors of all the keysets being released?
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:08:10 by bluesclera »

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:50:19 »
so,  just as exciting, maybe even more is

(Attachment Link)

I'm SOOOO tuned in.  Not changing the dial anytime soon.  Bring it.

Haha yeah I'm really getting into retro stuff these days :D Cool stuff to come for sure!!!

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:52:57 »
Am i the ONLY one that dislike the 2 tone colors of all the keysets being released?

I prefer to have my F-row all the same colour as my modifiers, I have GMK Coniferous waiting to go on my KBD75 and I think, especially because of the 75% layout where the top rows are parallel, the colours help break up the board a bit:

However if this isn't possible with this set, I won't mind too much as the 2 colours aren't as contrasting.
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 12:12:19 »

I prefer to have my F-row all the same colour as my modifiers, I have GMK Coniferous waiting to go on my KBD75 and I think, especially because of the 75% layout where the top rows are parallel, the colours help break up the board a bit:

Show Image

However if this isn't possible with this set, I won't mind too much as the 2 colours aren't as contrasting.

+1

Though either is better than the normal mismatched look imo lol. But I agree mod color f row is best.

Offline Cantello

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 14:03:10 »
There is no point in offering a beige international kit, because, this color may be the one with wider international coverage, if you want to adapt your upcoming 9009 to your language just get a Norde OG Cherry set and use the keys needed to make this compatible. The Wodan's kit makes all sense in special colors that you do not have any other source for, but not for beige.

But will original Cherry beige keys match the ones from this GB exactly in color and legends? I'd hate to have the international keys stick out, even slightly.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 14:28:20 »
There is no point in offering a beige international kit, because, this color may be the one with wider international coverage, if you want to adapt your upcoming 9009 to your language just get a Norde OG Cherry set and use the keys needed to make this compatible. The Wodan's kit makes all sense in special colors that you do not have any other source for, but not for beige.

But will original Cherry beige keys match the ones from this GB exactly in color and legends? I'd hate to have the international keys stick out, even slightly.

L9 keys made by GMK match non-yellowed OG Cherry's well. Yet, you should be sure your old keys are not yellowed.

Offline steinerlein

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 13:27:40 »
What sizes are the various spacebars? Am I right in guessing 6u, 6.25u and 7u?
Also, where will the GB be, once it's active?

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #342 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:36:52 »
Is there some update?  ;D

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #343 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 10:49:28 »

Still nothing from GMK.... This is really kinda annoying since other people seem to have good communication with them right now. I'm going to submit another quote then and hope I hear back soon.........

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 10:50:34 »

Still nothing from GMK.... This is really kinda annoying since other people seem to have good communication with them right now. I'm going to submit another quote then and hope I hear back soon.........

Keep sending em emails. Dunno wtf is wrong with them.

Offline autobot

« Reply #345 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 10:55:24 »
Could very well be that they are overloaded at the moment. Doesn't hurt to pulse them though and see status. August/September seems to kick start overdrive season for electronics OEM's and suppliers in preparation for CES in January.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #346 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 11:49:27 »
Hey I'm actually getting some gmk renders done atm. They have been getting a lot of email about renders this week and have even pushed mine to after the weekend. They have answered all my emails though. Dunno of that helps but yea.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 17:13:27 »
Hey I'm actually getting some gmk renders done atm. They have been getting a lot of email about renders this week and have even pushed mine to after the weekend. They have answered all my emails though. Dunno of that helps but yea.

Yeah I didn't even request renders since I did them myself which I hoped would speed up the process. I sent them another message earlier today.

Offline HongguChaego

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 05:40:33 »
That's 6u spacebar only for centerstemmed?
please do mercy for kbdfans tina-a....

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 07:27:11 »
That's 6u spacebar only for centerstemmed?
please do mercy for kbdfans tina-a....

18xx users also need a traditional off centered stem 6u space bar. Although needed, a recent trend is to offer just the centered stem version.