Author Topic: [IC] Zoom65 Essential Edition Pre-order is live on Meletrix and some vendors  (Read 7599 times)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Edit: April 8th, 2022

We are very excited to announce that Zoom65 Essential Edition pre-order is live on Meletrix and most other vendors!

Meletrix Pre-order Time: April 6 - April 20th
Estimated Ship Date: Late May/Early June to customer/vendors.

Vendors
Vendors already live
International: Meletrix
Canada: Mech.land
EU: MyKeyboard
Ocenia: Daily Clack
Singapore: iLumkb
South Korea: Funkeys
Thailand:Gamingplanet
Vendors who'll open pre-orders soon
China: Meletrix.cn April 10, 2022
US: Cannonkeys April 8, 2022 11am ET
Please visit Zoom65.com for a complete list of vendors. The website will be kept up to date with every vendor's launch date/time info.

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. We bring some good news today :)

We've been closely monitoring user feedback since the launch of Zoom65. Some of the most requested things so far are:
1.A barebones version with no switches or keycaps.
2. Bluetooth PCB. A lot of you have been asking about the Bluetooth / VIA PCB.
3. More colors. Some of the most requested ones include navy, pink and purple.
We are very pleased to share with you that we have been managed to fulfill all three of those requests.

Zoom65 Essential edition
Only the absolute essential things you need to get a working keyboard, which includes PCB, plate, foam and more!
We're also offering a barebones kit which is just the case, gaskets and case foam only.

You can mix and match case and knob/weight colors.
We are offering this batch of Zoom65 Essential Edition in 10 different case colors, and 8 different weight and knob colors/finishes.
You pick your case color, then you pick your weight & knob color. Both the knob and weight will be the same color/finish. You can buy knobs separately and weights separately as add-ons in any finish you'd like, but the pair that comes with Essential Edition will be a matching one.
That's 80 unique combinations of case and knob+weight color. More if you use different colored weights and knobs!

Information site: Zoom65.com
Important: That website will update several times over the next few days adding more information and features, including a configurator where you can see renders of any mix-and-match combo.

Case colors
Gallery
These are the case colors we are offering this batch:
E-white
Black
Faint blurple
Wild green
Lilac
Blush Pink
Sky blue
Scarlet Red
Cool Grey
Navy

Knob & Weight colors
Gallery
You can buy either the knob or the weight, or both in the following finishes:
PVD Mirror Black (Stainless steel weight, brass knob)
PVD Mirror Silver (Stainless steel weight, brass knob)
PVD Mirror Gold (Aluminum weight and knob)
E-white (Aluminum weight and knob)
Anodized pink (Aluminum weight and knob)
Anodized Rosegold (Aluminum weight and knob)
Anodized Black (Aluminum weight and knob)
Anodized Gold (Aluminum weight and knob)
There will be a configurator on the website in a day or two that will let you preview combinations. In the meantime, you can check the gallery linked above for all the possible combinations.

Bluetooth 5.0 PCB
This is the default PCB of all Zoom65 Essential Edition. You customize it through VIA. It supports all the splits as Aurora or Zoom65 wired editions. ESD protected.
There will be a battery included with every Zoom65 Essential Edition. You do not need to source one yourself.

Internal brass weight
We are offering an internal brass weight as an add-on. It should add even more heft to your keyboard and offer a little something more in the sound department. We will have a sound test for you guys in the next day or two.

Kit Contents

Please view the information site for the prices.
-Aluminum top & bottom case of buyer's choice
-Aluminum / SS external weight of buyer's choice
-Aluminum/brass rotary knob matching the external weight.
-Hot-swap, multi-layout Bluetooth /VIA PCB
-Polycarbonate plate
-Set of WS Stabilizers
-2300 mAh Li-ion battery
-Coiled USB-C cable
-Full foam kit
-Gaskets
-Screws and other installation tools and accessories
-Faux suede storage case

Specifications
Gasket mount design
6.5° Typing angle
20mm front height
1.3 KG fully assembled, without external weight
1.7 KG fully assembled, with internal weight

Pricing
We are providing an introductory price for its launch!

Vendor price & shipping method
Most vendors have two methods of importing Zoom65 into their country before they can start shipping them out to customers.

Ocean freight - Relatively cheap but takes anywhere from 45 to 90 days to arrive. This is how most keyboards in the industry get to the vendors.

Air express - Arrives in 5 - 10 business days but it is very expensive, several times higher than ocean freight. This shipping method to vendors is becoming more common as of late.

Zoom65 vendors listed below may choose to use ocean freight, or air express or a mix of both to bring in their units. For air express shipments, please keep in mind vendors may add a small surcharge on top of the MSRP listed above to account for the higher shipping costs.

Pre-order info
Meletrix Pre-order Time: April 6th - April 20th
Please refer to our information page to find out about each vendor's time as they announce it. Also make sure to join Wuque Studio Discord for more frequent updates.

Zoom65 Reviews and Videos
Badseed Tech: This Board Doesn't LOOK Entry Level
Clackbait: Zoom65 Review and Build | The Best Budget Keyboard Hands Down!
Sound Test
Tom’s hardware: Meletrix Zoom65 Review: The Best Entry Level Custom Keyboard
Note: the Zoom65 Olivia Light/Dark Version reviewed above is an all-in-one kit with wired PCB, cases, switches, and keycaps available for pre-order from Meletrix and vendors now.

There's one last surprise!
Pre-order bonus
Every Zoom65 Essential Kit in this pre-order batch, from Meletrix and vendors, will come with a free Wuque Titanium Switch Puller in a random color (not Prism)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 April 2022, 04:21:14 by Ckeeb »

Offline brudder

Wow - great pricing, customizability and colour selection :thumb: You love to see it.

Offline MKBFR

Looks good.

PS: You should not use the "blue color" for your tittle. We can't barely see what is written

Offline lovebee.co

new to this hobby so sorry if this is obvious to everyone else ;) under preorder details on the information page, it says “123 quantity limit: high soft limit” what’s that mean? haha does it mean “approximately” 123 units available? and is that in total across all vendors or is it per vendor? thanks :D

Offline hagiwaraDaisuke

I think 123 is just a logo and not an actual number

Offline hagiwaraDaisuke

new to this hobby so sorry if this is obvious to everyone else ;) under preorder details on the information page, it says “123 quantity limit: high soft limit” what’s that mean? haha does it mean “approximately” 123 units available? and is that in total across all vendors or is it per vendor? thanks :D

I think 123 is just an icon and not an actual number

Offline lovebee.co

I think 123 is just an icon and not an actual number

LOL ok wow that makes way more sense. so high soft limit means… probably a lot of units available?

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Wow - great pricing, customizability and colour selection :thumb: You love to see it.
Thank you for your support!

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Never Mind, still not updated the quantity. Thank you.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Looks good.

PS: You should not use the "blue color" for your tittle. We can't barely see what is written
Thanks for your suggestion. Updated to Black.  :thumb:

Offline techycat

I'm confused and not fully understanding what the Barebones kit includes.
Is it just the case and weight? Or does it include PCB, stabs, other accessories just not the carrying case?
Would the barebones kit be those who already own a Zoom65 then? A little more clarity would be appreciated.

Offline o3okevin

Great set of features!

Offline Gepriester

It's insane what you get for the money here. Also I appreciate it so much that there is an EU vendor and HOTSWAP ISO!!!!!

Offline Robert.Lussier5

My brain telling me.

"I dont need another entry board, I dont need another entry board, I dont need another entry board"

:))
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline grizzy

yes, give it to me now please.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
I'm confused and not fully understanding what the Barebones kit includes.
Is it just the case and weight? Or does it include PCB, stabs, other accessories just not the carrying case?
Would the barebones kit be those who already own a Zoom65 then? A little more clarity would be appreciated.
Barebones kit include:
1. Top case 
2. Bottom case
3. Case poron gaskets
4. Case poron foam

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio

Offline blackvan

Do the case screws interfere with the switches on this run?

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
It's insane what you get for the money here. Also I appreciate it so much that there is an EU vendor and HOTSWAP ISO!!!!!
Thank you for your support!  :)

Offline reumos

Any code for the colors of the cases? Would like to see if they match keycaps I'm thinking about :)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Any code for the colors of the cases? Would like to see if they match keycaps I'm thinking about :)
We don't have this available, there will be a small difference in the original code. Thank u.