Author Topic: Few questions about a terminal Model M  (Read 982 times)

Offline kelvinhall05

• LinusTechTips
Few questions about a terminal Model M
« on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 19:37:58 »
I finished converting it using a Pro Micro with Soarer's firmware since I'm too cheap to buy a Teensy. So far it's working great, but some stuff isn't working like escape and almost all the keys above the arrow keys, as well as basically everything in the numpad except for the number keys themselves. I think they need to be remapped or something...how would I do that? I'm also having an issue with the backspace occasionally sticking down. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Few questions about a terminal Model M
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 20:21:28 »
The original post in Soarer's thread contains the documents and there is a mapping list in spreadsheet form.

A key sticking down is a mechanical problem, try pulling it, checking for dirt or damage, and re-seating it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline kelvinhall05

• LinusTechTips
Re: Few questions about a terminal Model M
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 06:05:31 »
The original post in Soarer's thread contains the documents and there is a mapping list in spreadsheet form.

A key sticking down is a mechanical problem, try pulling it, checking for dirt or damage, and re-seating it.

I'll check out his thread, thanks. I've already inspected them and cleaned the stem and the stem hole (whatever it's called) with a qtip with rubbing alcohol. I'll try it again...do you think some white lithium grease or EliteKeyboards stab lube could help?