Author Topic: Kishsaver Club  (Read 344647 times)

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
Re: Kishsaver Club
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 14:07:56 »
That board is unreal! I love it!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 14:27:53 »
some first impressions of my BlacKish:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ingredients:
- powdercoated RAL 7021 (case and plate)
- new foam
- xwhatsit Model F rev2 controller
- blank black unicomp keycaps
- depth black bs clickclack (finally it has a suitable home)
- wcass spacebar stabilizer

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

Big thanks to tinnie, wcass, xwhatsit, monster-toys, and of course cc.

You win the keyboard of the year prize with this one!

What a beauty  :-*
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 16:08:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ingredients:
- new foam

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

I had to post even after recovering from jaw surgery because that kish is amazing!  ^-^
 Ok now back under the covers.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #353 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 19:24:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ingredients:
- new foam

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

This is the perfect board. I don't even

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #354 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 20:24:59 »

damn, that's a really beautiful board.  that powdercoated black case looks so slick.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 21:11:02 »
BlacKish teaser

(Attachment Link)

more and better pics soon

Kickass!

Damn dude... Making me want to mosh even more!

*edit: a Kish* Mosh was too good had to leave it. Lol

LOL, do you find yourself moshing at the computer quite often, dustin?  :P  Hehehe

Hahaha occasionally..  ;D

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ingredients:
- new foam

ToDo:
- floss mod
- new usb cable

Damnnnn dude.............
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 11:31:37 by dustinhxc »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 09:55:30 »
Just did a flossmod on my kish. Took like forever, but I think was totally worth the time.

Thanks for all the nice comments! :)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 15:34:48 »
How would one go about acquiring one of these? Loving my Model M SSK, and would like to join the club here :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 16:00:05 »
How would one go about acquiring one of these? Loving my Model M SSK, and would like to join the club here :)

I was wondering the same thing.. Havent seen them anywhere but here and they go quick..

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:18:33 »
Keep an eye on the classifieds here. They turn up from time to time. Unfortunately they aren't getting any cheaper, though. Figure on $200+ minimum.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:24:53 »

I was wondering the same thing.. Havent seen them anywhere but here and they go quick..

The thing is before tinlong found a bunch of them, there weren't supposed to be anymore. Think there were only 4-5 before tinlong's discovery late last year. Some people who were in that wave have sold theirs but there don't seem to be any others outside of the initial group of 4-5 and the tinlong's wave.

The_Beast and I spent a while trying to get a hold of one. Months. At this point though, I believe that only the classifieds will yield a 6019284. Don't think there's any others out there AFAIK.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 18:18:45 »

it's a secret society, all they ask is trust and within a week watch your desk freeze up
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 18:33:42 »

The thing is before tinlong found a bunch of them, there weren't supposed to be anymore. Think there were only 4-5 before tinlong's discovery late last year. Some people who were in that wave have sold theirs but there don't seem to be any others outside of the initial group of 4-5 and the tinlong's wave.

The_Beast and I spent a while trying to get a hold of one. Months. At this point though, I believe that only the classifieds will yield a 6019284. Don't think there's any others out there AFAIK.

Yup, looked months and was willing to pay quite a bit of money. This is my end game board....

If I didn't find one, I had researched into making capacitive PCBs as well as designing a case for it. IE build a 60% capacitive keyboard from scratch
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 18:49:21 »

Yup, looked months and was willing to pay quite a bit of money. This is my end game board....

If I didn't find one, I had researched into making capacitive PCBs as well as designing a case for it. IE build a 60% capacitive keyboard from scratch

Yup I regret not getting a second one when I could have. They are lovely.  ^-^

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:59:37 »

Thanks for the information! IBM 6019284  :cool:

Offline wcass

« Reply #365 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 22:53:28 »
I'ld be happy to help. I've done a bit of capacitive PCB design. I can't help much with a case design/production, though.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 22:58:36 »
I'ld be happy to help. I've done a bit of capacitive PCB design. I can't help much with a case design/production, though.

Since I have a tinsaver, I doubt anything will come of this, since I have what I really wanted. However, if for whatever reason the tinsaver just isn't up to par with end game, I'll keep you in mind for a baller ass custom 60% capacitive keyboard

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 14:25:10 »

I think more than The Beast would be interested in such a thing.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 01:03:01 »
I've finally started to get some things done today, getting packages ready and I've still got to get an AT Model F ready for sale. But I did manage to make some time to put this together.

I had a hell of time with the space bar stabilizer, I'm not sure why.  :mad:

So bad lighting in the room and I'm not sure if I like it like this. But it's late, so it will have to do.  ^-^

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 01:20:40 »
I've finally started to get some things done today, getting packages ready and I've still got to get an AT Model F ready for sale. But I did manage to make some time to put this together.

So bad lighting in the room and I'm not sure if I like it like this. But it's late, so it will have to do.  ^-^

Show Image

Dark and mysterious, very nice bro!

You shall have a nice addition to it soon! ;)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 05:45:40 »

Show Image

Cool.  What color are the alphanumeric keys?  The lighting is rather poor, so I can't tell.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #371 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 19:56:13 »
Here is a better picture but it's in the shade too. The direct sunlight was too much.

The Alphas are made from pewter, they are more of a brownish silver color than the case.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #372 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 20:17:55 »
Here is a better picture but it's in the shade too. The direct sunlight was too much.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The Alphas are made from pewter, they are more of a brownish silver color than the case.

Gorgeous board man!!
  That Checkey really hit the spot.  :cool:

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #373 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 20:18:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Gorgeous board man!!

I forgot to thank you in this thread but I did in the clack thread! Thanks Dustin! It's never leaving my kish.  :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #374 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 20:20:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Gorgeous board man!!

I forgot to thank you in this thread but I did in the clack thread! Thanks Dustin! It's never leaving my kish.  :)

Hey no problem bro! I knew it was made for you when I saw your board! ;)

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #375 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 15:17:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

love it................that is what i call an "industrial keyboard"
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 10:53:54 »
No more members for this club? Where are all the kishsavers tinnie sold? I know there must be more people out there with a kish! Join us! :D

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 11:00:43 »
I'd love to join! Still looking for my first Kishsaver....   :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 11:01:23 »
No more members for this club? Where are all the kishsavers tinnie sold? I know there must be more people out there with a kish! Join us! :D

you scared everyone off, nobody can top yours
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 00:40:04 »
I'd love to join! Still looking for my first Kishsaver....   :(

Me too!

Although I think I'd prefer an SSK first :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 23:11:49 »
Can I play too?  :p

More

This thing is seriously a behemoth.

Will take some better pics tomorrow, I'm just way too excited over finding these.  ;D

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #381 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 23:15:41 »
Holy smokes! How many did you get, and are you planning to share that wealth? I'd put in a reasonable bid for one.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 23:23:57 »
Holy smokes! How many did you get, and are you planning to share that wealth? I'd put in a reasonable bid for one.

Hurry!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #383 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 01:27:10 »
Can't wait to have one of those in my hands. :)

Already got some ideas for it. And thanks for the comparison pics. That thing is huge. :D

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #384 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 18:06:52 »
It livesssssss  :))

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #385 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 18:23:37 »
Can I play too?  :p

More
Show Image

OMGGG its sooooooo long!! ;o

Show Image

Awe yeah, thats what Im talking about, nice and small! Very nice!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #386 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:14:54 »
So I hooked up the buzzer to this keyboard now. My greatest fear now is that it will die some day, it makes the keyboard so much more fun to type on. If for whatever reason it were to randomly die one day, would there be any way of remaking one of these things or what?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #387 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:17:39 »
So I hooked up the buzzer to this keyboard now. My greatest fear now is that it will die some day, it makes the keyboard so much more fun to type on. If for whatever reason it were to randomly die one day, would there be any way of remaking one of these things or what?

Question!  Did the mounting hardware interfere in any way with the position of the six-pin hookup?  I can not physically hook up my buzzer to the board.  :(  Could you post some pics of the internals to show us?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #388 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:22:16 »

Question!  Did the mounting hardware interfere in any way with the position of the six-pin hookup?  I can not physically hook up my buzzer to the board.  :(  Could you post some pics of the internals to show us?
Do you mean the little black foot thing that attaches the plate to the pcb/backplate? I bent that down towards the backplate and the buzzer plug went in.

It seems exactly like how cpt plugged his into the controller. I do not know if he had to bend the little tab as well though.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cptbadass/15015622565/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cptbadass/15015260262/

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #389 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:34:41 »

Tinsaver shot from my latest shoot.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:00:55 »
Show Image

Whoa, interesting legends man.  :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #391 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:02:14 »

Do you mean the little black foot thing that attaches the plate to the pcb/backplate? I bent that down towards the backplate and the buzzer plug went in.

It seems exactly like how cpt plugged his into the controller. I do not know if he had to bend the little tab as well though.

Thanks.  :)  I'll take it apart again and see if I can get that fitted in there properly.  Because according to you, the buzzer is the coolest thing evar.  ;)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #392 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:02:46 »

Show Image

consider me jelly ^_^
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #393 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:29:09 »

Thanks.  :)  I'll take it apart again and see if I can get that fitted in there properly.  Because according to you, the buzzer is the coolest thing evar.  ;)
I think so, worse case scenario you can just remove it or turn the volume dial all the way down and not use it. Be aware that you need to move around the wiring on the buzzer so it works on the kishsaver as shown in the manual and this link http://deskthority.net/for-sale-f55/xwhatsit-s-grand-unified-ibm-capsense-usb-controller-thread-t7993-30.html#p163441

Show Image

consider me jelly ^_^
It's a little rough right now but hopefully one day it will be completely done.  :)

I put in an order for new keycaps from unicomp a couple days ago, hopefully they can recreate the original keycaps good enough, because it wasn't all that cheap.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #394 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:46:43 »
Show Image

Whoa, interesting legends man.  :)

Yea, I think they're from a model M used at air ports and stuff. The caps are REALLY wore down compared to a fresh unicomp set.

It's a stark contrast to my OG APL, which looks like it's never been typed on.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 07:36:11 »
Yea, I think they're from a model M used at air ports and stuff. The caps are REALLY wore down compared to a fresh unicomp set.

I've got a set like that. The airport M caps? I actually love them because I like the smoothness of them. My caps live on my SSK.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #396 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 10:19:22 »

I've got a set like that. The airport M caps? I actually love them because I like the smoothness of them. My caps live on my SSK.

Yea, mine have a nice shine even though they're PBT.

notevenmad.jpeg

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #397 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 12:28:50 »
So I got around to stripping the paint off my Kishsaver, sanding it down, and spraying on a clearcoat.  I probably will keep this bare metal look, even with some of deep scratches from the paint chipper and wire brush that I did not bother to remove.  It will match all my kitchen appliances:

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

OMG that looks freaking amazing.  if i get my 107 key I'm totally copying this.  I'm drooling so hard right now.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:52:54 »

Offline scubaste

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 17:55:36 »
This is a thing of beauty. Congrats on a true one of a kind board.