Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING  (Read 186197 times)

Offline hayt

• * Maker
Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 10:26:47 »
still a few weeks off.

!!! getting hyped

Offline chalks

« Reply #501 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 17:44:15 »
Got my Enigma Black case today. The photos might not be very good but it is most impressive. And considering it was shipped internationally to London it arrived very quickly too. Thank you very much Norbauer!

Now I need to bring much Novatouch back from work to put it in the case.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #502 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 18:20:28 »
The 'Proudly Made in China' tag is one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen.

Offline consolation

« Reply #503 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 00:37:45 »
When I was a kid, "made in Japan" stood for chintzy, budget, stuff; then it became a sign of quality in the late 80s / early 90s - China took over as, mass-produced, minimum cost king. Now it's China's turn.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:29:58 by consolation »

Offline consolation

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:33:20 »
Got my Enigma Black case today. The photos might not be very good but it is most impressive. And considering it was shipped internationally to London it arrived very quickly too. Thank you very much Norbauer!

Now I need to bring much Novatouch back from work to put it in the case.

I'm so glad I got the enigma, I have a 60s Philips stereo amp made in the same style; it's going to be converted into my next computer build and have a matching board. I'm still looking for a way to make a complimenting monitor frame - just need to get some other projects off my plate first.

Offline madindehead

« Reply #505 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 03:04:20 »
Damn, that enigma black is sexy as hell. I need one of those in R2.5! Can't wait for my Galactic Blue to arrive though :D

Just need a good keyset that will match it :thinking:

Offline zslane

« Reply #506 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 12:21:44 »
I was really hoping to get a chance to take a photo of LightCycle DSA on my NovaTouch with the Tactical Gray case, but I'm rapidly running out of time. Those keycaps are actually a gift for someone else and their birthday is coming up very soon.

Back when I pre-ordered, I figured, hey I'll have more than enough time before my friend's birthday in September. Little did I know how overly optimistic I was being, though I really shouldn't be at all surprised. This is the mech keyboard hobby we're talking about after all...

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #507 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 13:06:19 »
Back when I pre-ordered, I figured, hey I'll have more than enough time before my friend's birthday in September. Little did I know how overly optimistic I was being, though I really shouldn't be at all surprised. This is the mech keyboard hobby we're talking about after all...

Round 1 went super fast. The main issue that caused round 2 to take longer was the Galaxy Blue. It proved an exceedingly difficult color to anodize due to the unusually high number of dye pigments required to match it, and it was thus the source of almost all the anodizing issues that delayed things this round. (Of course, the factory only mentioned this difficulty with the color after they returned the first batch and I observed that the color match wasn't right.) As such, I'm sorry to say that in the next round I don't think I'll be able to offer Galaxy Blue again. It's just way more trouble than it's worth. (You guys have all been very patient, which I greatly appreciate, but it still causes me a lot of stress to be running later than my planned schedule, so I want to do anything I can do avoid that in subsequent projects.)

Incidentally, by way of an update, I got the tracking numbers for the anodized cases last weekend, and they have been en route since then. I keep hitting refresh on the page twenty times a day, but as yet don't know precisely what day they'll arrive. I keep hoping they'll arrive this week, since that's what the freight forwarder told me, but I guess I need to keep remembering to keep multiplying everyone's time estimates by a factor of at least 3. :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2017, 13:08:31 by norbauer »

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #508 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 14:34:29 »

Round 1 went super fast. The main issue that caused round 2 to take longer was the Galaxy Blue. It proved an exceedingly difficult color to anodize due to the unusually high number of dye pigments required to match it, and it was thus the source of almost all the anodizing issues that delayed things this round. (Of course, the factory only mentioned this difficulty with the color after they returned the first batch and I observed that the color match wasn't right.) As such, I'm sorry to say that in the next round I don't think I'll be able to offer Galaxy Blue again. It's just way more trouble than it's worth. (You guys have all been very patient, which I greatly appreciate, but it still causes me a lot of stress to be running later than my planned schedule, so I want to do anything I can do avoid that in subsequent projects.)

Incidentally, by way of an update, I got the tracking numbers for the anodized cases last weekend, and they have been en route since then. I keep hitting refresh on the page twenty times a day, but as yet don't know precisely what day they'll arrive. I keep hoping they'll arrive this week, since that's what the freight forwarder told me, but I guess I need to keep remembering to keep multiplying everyone's time estimates by a factor of at least 3. :(

Now I want a Galaxy Blue....

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #509 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 14:38:00 »

Bro, in the grand scheme of things this is going by just fine. At the end of the day, I just remind myself that I'm eventually getting a sick case that I'm probably going to keep forever. Thanks for being so transparent Norbauer, and being so personally invested in making these group buys happen in a reasonable time frame. It's a mark of a good person that you judge yourself on your past successes and feel like you are lacking when your next success is not as impressive as you would like it to be. You da man :thumb:
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #510 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 16:32:25 »

Thanks for the update! Please don't stress yourself over issues you can't control. Seeing that packaging and the attention to detail you put into this really makes the wait worth it. Whats the news on the powder coated cases, are they still baking in the oven?
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline The_Skynacho

« Reply #511 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 03:04:48 »
Now my Galaxy Blue will be extra special.... Muahahahahaha  :p

Offline deterouni

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 07:47:40 »

Dude you have been 100% awesome with updates and keeping us in the loop.  One of the best GB runners in the scene.  Thanks again for putting in all this work, and don't worry about the delays.

Offline Longlong14

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 13:12:12 »
Checking daily for r2.5!

Offline codywanks

« Reply #514 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 00:13:44 »
I've yet to complete my fully-modded Gateron Masterkeys Pro S with R1 case! arrgh

Finally got around to building it  :D

More pics here.

Enjoy your R2 cases guys, I'll be waiting patiently for R2.5!

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #515 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 03:25:42 »
Man they turned out great. The packaging really makes them something a bit extra special, I can't wait aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :))

Offline codywanks

« Reply #516 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 06:18:10 »
Man they turned out great. The packaging really makes them something a bit extra special, I can't wait aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :))

James, please give us the option of ordering cables with smaller Micro USB heads that'll fit this case!

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #517 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:17:19 »
I've yet to complete my fully-modded Gateron Masterkeys Pro S with R1 case! arrgh

Show Image

More pics here.

Looks great, thanks for sharing pics :)
Makes me super eager to get my hands on mine.

James, please give us the option of ordering cables with smaller Micro USB heads that'll fit this case!

This! Pretty please? I think I'm due for a cable refresh soon...  ;D
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline krutmob

« Reply #518 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 10:35:09 »
These are looking great! Will I receive a shipping notification?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #519 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 11:29:10 »
These are looking great! Will I receive a shipping notification?

Yes, absolutely.

By way of a non-update update: so far only powder-coated cases have shipped, and I'm picking up the last of the retro refrigerator and white cases next week. As I've reported, the anodized cases shipped over a week ago so are probably in US customs right now, but since on this shipment the freight forwarder (somewhat annoyingly) chose to send the cartons via SF Express+UPS rather than DHL, the tracking number only goes live once they've cleared customs and are in the UPS domestic system. This means that I'll probably only see tracking info like 12 hours before they're delivered, but I keep being assured that should be any day now. ¯\_(°_◞°)_/¯

In any case, yes, if you gave an accurate email address (and got a receipt by email), you'll definitely get a shipment confirmation. If anybody's address has changed, please don't hesitate to send me your new one.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #520 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 15:28:16 »

Show Image

More pics here.

Looks great, thanks for sharing pics :)
Makes me super eager to get my hands on mine.

This! Pretty please? I think I'm due for a cable refresh soon...  ;D

Oh man, I ordered a micro USB cable from them not knowing this about 3 weeks ago. It looks like the PexonPCs site us uh.. being worked on right now. Have you already switched these connectors over James?
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #521 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 09:08:10 »
We've taken USBs and other cables off due to a large amount of back orders right now.

P.s. If you want a Micro that fits when the site is back up, just make a note in the order comments that its for the Norb case and we can make that happen ;) If you've got an order and the connectors are not on yet, we can change them for you too, send Davina an email at info@pexonpcs.co.uk :)

Offline Longlong14

« Reply #522 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 15:09:46 »
Will the masterkeys pro s usb cable fit the connector?

Offline olieatstofu

« Reply #523 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 07:03:13 »
waiting for a sweet round 2.5.... patiently  ;D

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #524 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 12:44:09 »
Samesies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #525 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 16:12:23 »
Samesies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not even received my R2 and already tempted to get another. This week feels like "the week" when we start getting those shipping notices.  ;D

Offline navy2x

« Reply #526 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 18:17:05 »
OMG I got my enigma black today! So friggin cool!  ;D :thumb:

Offline norbauer

« Reply #527 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 19:19:16 »
Ladies and gentlepersons: Retro Refrigerator is in the house. ;D I'll be packing those tonight. Space Station white finishes out the job at the powder coater Wednesday or Thursday. Anodized cases are also now verified in the USA, currently clearing customs.

Thanks again everyone, as always, for your kind words and encouragement. At last, the home stretch. <3

Offline norbauer

« Reply #528 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 19:37:54 »
...and the tracking is now live on the anodized cases, purportedly arriving Wednesday. Score.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #529 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 20:00:34 »
You're gonna have a busy week! How do those Retro Refrigerators look? HYPE!

Offline grandtheftspaceman

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 06:49:42 »
Woo! Shipping notification for my retro refrigerator :D Will take a while for it to wing it’s way down to Australia though

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #531 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 07:55:22 »
For retro refrigerator owners, there's a keycap set on reddit right now called Abyss.

It's like an reversed alphas/mods Calm Depths. And the legend colour is VBV instead of BBQ.

I've tried to pair Calm Depths with my retro refrigerator already, and the legends were too blue. I think this new set would be just right. I already bought the set and hopefully will have it early enough that you all could see what it looks like in real life before you buy, but I still think it would pair great with our cases sight unseen.

edit: I'm in no way affiliated with the people who are running that set. I just thought people here would like to know this info.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 08:01:22 by clappingcactus »

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 08:16:11 »
Yeah I purchased a set of Abyss, I'll post a few pictures once I get the case and keys in.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 21:06:08 »
Hey guys. Just a quick update to say that the keyboards arrived safely late today and I even was able to inspect, pack, and ship a fair number. If you haven't gotten your shipment notification yet, just hang tight. I'm doing everything in the sequence in which the orders were placed. I should probably be able to clear these out in the next day or two.  :thumb:

Offline consolation

« Reply #534 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 21:07:19 »
It finally arrived across the pond (the other pond), not sure why customs held it for couple days tbh.
And... I'm sad, I'm sad because I'll never open one of Norbauer's packages for the first time again. The fit and finish on this case is amazing, and, Enigma Black lives up to the hype; it's an awesome finish.

Enigma Black detail.

176646-0

176648-1

With a matching mITX case conversion. The finish complements Jukebox and the case perfectly.

176650-2

Just waiting for Ryzen parts to make the volume knob send v+/- and and going to use a teensy board to have the selector switches change audio output and OC profiles. It's got a Haswell i5 and a 290 in it atm. 290 fit on a right angle 16x adapter, so video comes out on the side and needs a custom sideplate cut to tidy up the conversion. 

PS. If you are on the fence about getting the powder coat finish in R2.5, I'd really recommend it - especially if you like SA and retro-ish keycap sets. Plus, it sets the case apart from all other ones out there. Amazing job Ryan.

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 21:19:20 by consolation »

Offline yonghf

« Reply #535 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 22:09:34 »
I just received my tracking information. Really appreciate the frequent updates! Can't wait to get my hands on the case :thumb:

Offline madindehead

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 01:39:33 »
Tracking received for my Galactic Blue! Thanks for all the updates. Definitely getting on R2.5 with a black case!

Offline pootsounds

« Reply #537 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 07:13:12 »
Norbauer, will you be sending the anodized cases to Orignative or should they have shipped directly from the anodizer to them?

Offline zslane

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 12:16:11 »
Retro Refrigerator strikes me as the proper match-up with Jukebox...

Offline consolation

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:24:54 »
Retro Refrigerator strikes me as the proper match-up with Jukebox...

The two shades of blue-green would clash in my opinion, that's why I changed the order from RR to EB. They are very close to each other, but not the same, so it might look off. TBH, I'm hoping someone will be able to try the combo out and prove my suspicion wrong.

Offline losthumans

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 15:19:26 »
Norbauer, will you be sending the anodized cases to Orignative or should they have shipped directly from the anodizer to them?
Interested in this as well, when I reached out to Originative it sounded like they were waiting for them to all arrive in the same batch but I'm not sure.

Offline poolside

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 17:27:08 »

There was this post from Ryan a month ago:

Regarding Originative orders, those were always going straight to the Originative office for fulfillment in LA, and that plan won't change. I'm sure they'll have a close look over theirs before they ship them out as well.

Offline pootsounds

« Reply #542 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 17:30:57 »
Ah. Sorry I missed that, thanks poolside.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #543 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:08:51 »
Interested in this as well, when I reached out to Originative it sounded like they were waiting for them to all arrive in the same batch but I'm not sure.

Latest info: I offered to check the cases over before forwarding them along to Originative, so they'll be shipping out to Originative with the others in the next day or two.

Offline poolside

« Reply #544 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:14:33 »

Latest info: I offered to check the cases over before forwarding them along to Originative, so they'll be shipping out to Originative with the others in the next day or two.

Thanks for the update. The Originative news section has been silent for a while.

Offline losthumans

« Reply #545 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 21:49:34 »

Thanks for the update!

Offline autobot

« Reply #546 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:59:26 »
So pumped, got one of my shipping notices!  :p :p :p

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #547 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:40:46 »
The Eagle has landed! I can't wait to go grab my retro refrigerator case and struggle to get the novatouch in there because I'm mechanically inept  :))
Seriously though, pumped to see this color in person and no clue what keycap set should go on it.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline pootsounds

« Reply #548 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:46:22 »
pumped to see this color in person and no clue what keycap set should go on it.

I bet SA Ice Caps would look nice, or maybe DSA Granite without the red a blue accents. Just something really clean and minimal to show off the case.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #549 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:16:47 »
Shipment notification! :D Now to try and stop refreshing DHL every 5 minutes  :))