Author Topic: Anime Thread  (Read 382289 times)

Offline Seltox

Re: Anime Thread
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 12:10:29 »
Oh man.. I have so much anime.  After Christmas some time i'll be purchasing a 3TB drive solely to house it all.. my 2TB is too full xD.  And sometime in the next 2 years I intend to set up some sort of NAS to store all my media on.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 12:14:19 »
Oh man.. I have so much anime.  After Christmas some time i'll be purchasing a 3TB drive solely to house it all.. my 2TB is too full xD.  And sometime in the next 2 years I intend to set up some sort of NAS to store all my media on.

You and I both. Got a ton of anime on my drives but don't have enough time to watch them -_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 04:08:20 »

Ha! My 2TB has started to run out and I purchased a 3TB drive a few weeks ago. Now to get more anime...

Currently watching Samurai Champloo and liking it a lot.

Offline imersa

• clickclack's #1 fan
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 05:04:00 »
The only Anime I actually watched was Hellsing. I really enjoyed it. What should I try next? I couldn't really say what made me like it as I've not seen anything els....

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 10:45:16 »
And for SAO - the first arc is over, but the show did get picked up for 25 episodes, so we should get more.  Episode 15 should be out this week.  I'm interested to see where it goes now that we have IRL interactions between characters.

I just started watching a few new shows from the fall season - Blast of Tempest, Magi, Shin Sekai Yori.

Just watched 15 earlier today.  I really like where it went with the series, it was getting boring =)

Suguuuuuuu

Can anyone recommend a completed series that was really good in the past 3 years?  I've seen pretty much everything before that, but I took a long break and I'm getting the craving again after watching SAO and Accel World...

I'm really into drama, romance, character development, and artwork.  Not really into any of that Naruto or Bleach stuff.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 October 2012, 10:47:37 by DanGWanG »

Offline sovano

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 10:53:50 »
I spent the day watching all of Mirai Nikki...I am really bad at stopping in the middle of interesting anime when I have the free time for it.

Is anyone else watching older series right now? It seems that most of the posts have been about currently airing shows...

I finished reading Mirai Nikki a month or two before I found out it was getting an anime. Never ended up watching the show.

And I jump from older to new stuff. I just like keeping up with newer series. Like a second hobby.
You should definitely watch the animated version for Mirai Nikki if you enjoyed the manga. I fell in love with Murasa's VA for Yuno.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 12:34:07 »
And for SAO - the first arc is over, but the show did get picked up for 25 episodes, so we should get more.  Episode 15 should be out this week.  I'm interested to see where it goes now that we have IRL interactions between characters.

I just started watching a few new shows from the fall season - Blast of Tempest, Magi, Shin Sekai Yori.

Just watched 15 earlier today.  I really like where it went with the series, it was getting boring =)

Suguuuuuuu

Can anyone recommend a completed series that was really good in the past 3 years?  I've seen pretty much everything before that, but I took a long break and I'm getting the craving again after watching SAO and Accel World...

I'm really into drama, romance, character development, and artwork.  Not really into any of that Naruto or Bleach stuff.
watch Rainbow then fits all those

Offline Seltox

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 12:34:11 »
I spent the day watching all of Mirai Nikki...I am really bad at stopping in the middle of interesting anime when I have the free time for it.

Is anyone else watching older series right now? It seems that most of the posts have been about currently airing shows...

I just tried watching Digimon just for nostalgia's sake.. And my lord it is one terrible terrible show xD

About a month ago I watched and old series called 'Lovely Complex' and I really really liked it.  I'm usually a season or two behind though, because I wait for full blu-ray releases before I watch stuff :P

Offline ra7c7er

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 12:46:54 »
I've seen

Initial D
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist
Black Butler

I was really hoping I would like Inital D but their weird use of 3d really turned me off on the anime. I really think the Manga was better.

Offline sovano

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 13:04:59 »

Suguuuuuuu

I recommend School Days *snickers*. My personal favorite, as well as many others, that falls into most if not all of those categories you listed is Clannad and its sequel. I'm not really sure what anime you have watched yet, but if you haven't seen it you owe it to yourself. Some others I recommend is EF, Mashiroiro Symphony, Amagami SS, and Angel Beats.

Offline Seltox

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 13:15:03 »
Clannad!  Greatest anime.  Like, seriously.  My favourite.  Everyone I know who has seen its favourite.  The feels man, the feels.

I'll also recommend School Days :P  It's interesting to say the least.  Amagami SS & Angel Beats are also among my favourites (I have the Girls Dead Monster album), and I like some of Ef.. I really really like Chihiro's story in A Tale of Memories.  She was awesome.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 13:51:11 »

Suguuuuuuu

yea sao and accel world (same mangaka btw) have been my fave this year, from memory, last year "another" really good mystery, before that full metal alchemist brotherhood, a reboot of FMA but better (and follows manga more closely), but i think 60ish eps, another good one was gai-rei-0, might be more, these are the ones i just remember.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 14:17:27 »

yea sao and accel world (same mangaka btw) have been my fave this year, from memory, last year "another" really good mystery, before that full metal alchemist brotherhood, a reboot of FMA but better (and follows manga more closely), but i think 60ish eps, another good one was gai-rei-0, might be more, these are the ones i just remember.

Here are a few more that you can check out:

ToraDora
Hanasaku Iroha
Usagi Drop
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Kamisama Dolls
Blue Exorcist
Durarara
Occult Academy
Another - Lanx already recommended, but I'll second it.

I'm glad to see someone else recommend Ga Rei Zero, too.  Doesn't seem like I ever find many people that have seen it or have read the manga.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline Seltox

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 14:20:13 »
Haha, mentioned Toradora reminded me of a maid cafe I want to this year.. At Manifest (Melbourne Anime Festival) there was a Toradora-themed maid cafe.  They made some delicious crepes :)

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 14:25:16 »
ToraDora is still one of my favorite series.  Judge me as you may.

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 14:37:50 »

Suguuuuuuu

From the genres named I really enjoyed Spice and Wolf, Eden of the East, and Chobits.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 14:39:16 »
Wagnaria beats Toradora hands down ;)

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 15:16:38 »

Challenge Accepted.  Time to marathon Wagnaria.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 15:49:43 »

Challenge Accepted.  Time to marathon Wagnaria.
lol, just so you know I havnt watched the second season as of yet, but season one was definitely great, would have watched in one sitting if time had allowed.

Offline wiredPANDA

Anime Thread
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 21:56:14 »
I had planned on watching it when it was airing, then it just never happened and I slowly forgot about it.

Also, another recommendation for DW - Moribito. It has the character dev that you'll probably enjoy.

Offline Striketh

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 14:44:14 »
I need more Psycho-Pass. That series is the best anime this year, in my opinion. Really enjoying the atmosphere and the characters so far. Plus, it has a fantastic OP and ED too.

Offline sirtetris

• blog / personal website
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 14:13:26 »
The latest ep of "K" had a laptop with an interesting layout in it. :)

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:46:33 »
The placement of some keys is a bit strange but the worst part is that the space bar is a 1x1 key on there D:

Over the past week I watched Moyashimon Returns, Kure-nai, and Lovely Complex(<-finished today). I started Hyouka a couple hours ago and after 8 episodes I am enjoying the mysteries and how the characters work through clues.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:48:51 by Excaliborg »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 23:26:42 »
Hyouka was pretty good but the ending the ending!!!

Offline trentva

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 08:39:53 »
afro samurai is best eva

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:58:02 »
Hyouka was pretty good but the ending the ending!!!
I just finished the last ep. and everything went pretty much exactly as I expected from a show like this. One of the reasons why I watched it is because the tags on MAL were mystery/school so I knew what to expect going in.

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:25:18 »
Too lazy to list out everything so I'll just put my MAL list here.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HybridCore

Well, I was going to create a 3rd thread of my anime thread on Head-Fi on Geekhack but we already have this (it's a monstrosity) but I barely manage them anymore (I also have one on OCN).

For those of you interested,

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge

http://www.overclock.net/t/1133032/asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge

They're basically mirrors but no NSFW on OCN, and OCN is a bit less active, I guess.

I'm only watching SAO (Basically ALO now) which has its great moments, but other than that, I don't really have anything to keep me connected to anime, and I usually don't have the time.
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:29:29 »
Haven't seen anything new yet :(
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:42:48 »
The latest ep of "K" had a laptop with an interesting layout in it. :)

Show Image

ROFLMAO.  I thought I was absurd for noticing this sort of thing.  Was watching Angel Beats! this week, I think Episode 9, and they pan across an unused machine in the infirmary, which clearly has some flavour of HHKB Professional series.  They did a fairly good job on keyboards as a whole on the series, not just using the "draw a grid on a box and call it one" shortcut.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 03:36:02 »
You should check out Heavens Memopad the main chic has a pretty overkill pc setup.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 07:36:35 »
sword art online finished last sunday (unless they are planning a season 2, which i doubt)

Looking at the BD selling numbers, I’m pretty sure they’ll announce the second season soon after the first one ended. :p And they’ve still got 6 books to animate, more going to come.

sao and accel world (same mangaka btw)

LN author*

Fall season is just great. Too great. I watch waaayy too much.

Tonari no Kaibutsu kun, it’s cute, it’s funny. it reminds me of ToraDora,
Shin Sekai Yori, it really is as good as I had hoped for,
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, SO CUTE,
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga ****ai, I mean, how can you not love Rika, and the DARK FLAME MASTAH!
Robotics;Notes, **** is about to get real here,
Psycho Pass of course, another great show by butcher Gen,
Ixion Saga DT, so incredibly funny (TAMA TAMA, those who’ve seen it will know what I mean xD)
Girls und Panzer (have you seen the troll subs by commie? HILARIOUS),
Kyousogiga (I love LSD induced madness with probably some deep meaning to it that got lost between the drugs)
Zetsuen no Tempest, really interesting story,
Magi, another Shonen with a decent story,
K, has plot as well,
Code Breaker, STORY, STORY EVERYWHERE!

Can’t really get into Btooom, Kamisama Hajimema****a and Sukitte.

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 23:43:21 »
Over the past week I watched Niea_7 which I did not enjoy very much. I took a screenshot of a scene from Mirai Nikki and set it as my desktop background and after looking at it for about a month I decided to draw it. I want to see what hapens in Monster now but I might end up starting something else...
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/willkillall/photobucket-50304-1353193257912.jpg

Offline phx

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 01:36:48 »
Little Busters + Chuunibyou this season!  :D

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 02:47:04 »
Neia_7 is a bit or an oddball but does fit well with lain hailbane renmei and texnolize if you veiw from the directors perspective.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #234 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 13:34:18 »
Watched all the Shinsekkai Yori eps out.  Intense man.  Reminds me of Noir for some reason.  I get left with this incredible anxiety during each episode and Noir had a similar effect on me.

Gonna try to watch some other stuff too.  Any other good completed series from spring/summer this year?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 19:40:19 »
Just watched FLCL again with a friend over break for the first time in years, o how much you miss when your a kid ;)

Offline Champloo

« Reply #236 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 17:19:08 »
The only Anime I actually watched was Hellsing. I really enjoyed it. What should I try next? I couldn't really say what made me like it as I've not seen anything els....

I would recommend watching the Hellsing Ultimate OVA, it is more on par with the manga and much better than the original Hellsing anime.

Just looked at the post date of this post, my recommendation is a bit late but maybe he checks back periodically!!
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 November 2012, 17:20:48 by Champloo »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 08:38:23 »

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 12:33:59 »
Someone recommend me some RECENT completed series within the last year!  Can't handle these weekly shows anymore...SAO needs to end and Sekkaiyori needs to end now!

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 16:48:51 »
Someone recommend me some RECENT completed series within the last year!  Can't handle these weekly shows anymore...SAO needs to end and Sekkaiyori needs to end now!

SAO has already gone past the point of no return by venturing into ALO territory (and I will assume there might be a season 3 that slightly even covers GGO which I'd hope not). It ended perfectly fine the way it did. It makes it memorable by making you want more, or at least leaving you satisfied that,

Kirito (Kirigaya) is still alive but both Kirito and Asuna died at the last moment so you know Asuna is alive as well.
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 17:22:03 »
Wait...is there a Manga?!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 17:53:15 »
Sorry their is not too much to recommended as or late especially within the last year from my perspective, im now going back and watching older shows i havnt seen.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 November 2012, 17:58:12 by TheProfosist »

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 20:25:34 »
I don't even know what has come out in the past year...I hate waiting for one episode at a time so I usually look a year back and later or put currently airing stuff in the plan to watch area and ignore them.

Most of my anime time this month has gone to Shoujo rom-coms for a change of pace since I seem to have watched every decent comedy series in existence >_>.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 22:23:37 »
Wait...is there a Manga?!
animated SAO is doing what seems to be the "popular" thing.

1. a light novel is made
2. anime is created from light novel
3. manga is created 4 weeks later

so the manga is actually behind the anime in terms of timeline, but the light novels are (almost) done.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 00:32:46 »
Where can I read the light novels? =)

Offline bace

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 01:17:28 »
anime thread. nice. I'm currently rewatching animes I've watched a long time ago like darker than black and guardian of the spirits but what I really enjoy are anime movies. Are there any that are highly recommended? I'm stealing Lethal Squirrel's list because I can't remember all that I've watched off the top of my head.

Films:
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Grave of the Fireflies
Metropolis
Castle in the sky
Porco Rosso
Howl's Moving Castle
5 Centimeters Per Second
Kiki's Deliver Service
My Neighbor Totoro
The Girl Who Leapt Trough Time
Nausicaa
Ponyo
Akira
Paprika
Summer Wars
Whisper of the Heart
Only Yesterday
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
My Last Day
Cowboy Bebop
The cat returns
Pom Poko
The Secret World of Arrietty
Appleseed
Summer Days With Coo
Ninja Scroll
Perfect Blue
Castle of Cagliostro
Steamboy
Tales of Earthsea
Evangelion: Death and Rebirth
Clannad
Ghost in the Shell 2.0
Ghost in the Shell
Lupin III: dead or alive
Macross Plus: The Movie

From this list I haven't seen :

My Last day
Summer days with Coo
Castle of Cagliostro
Steamboy
Lupin III: dead or alive

Other movies I've watched :

Sword of the Stranger
Vampire hunter D
Tokyo Godfathers
Cencoroll
Wonderful days
Break Blade
The ocean waves
Time of Eve
Hotarubi no Morie
The place promised in our early days
Children who chase lost voices from deep below
Gurren Lagann the movie
Blood the Last Vampire

These weren't off the top of my head. I was looking through a forum to jog my memory. I'm sure I'm missing some though.
[Current] : Maxkeyboard NightHawk x8 ; Topre Realforce 103UB 55g ; Topre TypeHeaven

[Past] : Noppoo Choc Mini ; Das Keyboard Pro ; Filco Majestouch 2 Linear R Black Ninja 104 ; White Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 104 ; Plu ML-87

Logitech G500

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 00:30:21 »
Nice list of movies!

Offline bace

« Reply #247 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 15:02:52 »
Nice list of movies!

Thanks! I'm always looking for more to watch lol ..
[Current] : Maxkeyboard NightHawk x8 ; Topre Realforce 103UB 55g ; Topre TypeHeaven

[Past] : Noppoo Choc Mini ; Das Keyboard Pro ; Filco Majestouch 2 Linear R Black Ninja 104 ; White Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 104 ; Plu ML-87

Logitech G500

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #248 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 18:09:56 »

Mirai Nikki (most insane girl ever, Yuno <3)
Hyouka (by far best animated TV series ever, really! Cute characters, quite sophisticated plot and it’s a calm show in general)
Madoka (if you liked the ending of code geass, you’ll most likely love this one too :P)
Angel Beats! (Great animations, too, versatile story + drama)
Dunno if that still counts as recent though, I tend to think “what, it’s not 2010 any more?”

If you think that this video is funny
then watch Nichijou xD (Best absurd comedy ever)

Madoka and Nichijou were 2011’s best anime, imo. Hyouka is a strong candidate for this year, but there’s so much awesome this fall season …

Where can I read the light novels? =)

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/
Your source for fan translations.

The SAO light novels are way better than the anime, IMO. At least the SAO part. The ALO part sucks anyway. xD
I really hope for a second season, because Gungale Online rocks. Sinon rocks. Kirito as a trap with sword between big guys with big guns rocks. xD
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2012, 18:13:02 by Zehkul »

Offline bace

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 08:26:31 »
I just finished watching Nichijou which was hilarious with some great animations. Hyouka is up next to watch on my list.

Logitech G500