Author Topic: GH Secret Santa 2012  (Read 64494 times)

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
Re: GH Secret Santa (Going on now!)
« Reply #650 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 08:17:55 »
Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry if you have yet to receive your gifts. I won't lie I went on a whim on this one and didn't think everything through -_____- There were probably more restrictions I should've set and rules and perhaps even demand a picture of the post or tracking so I can insure that something was sent. I will keep that in mind for next time, if I am the one doing this again (help is welcomed :D) The closest thing I have with regards to package shipment info was that everyone responded to me that they have sent the gifts. I thought this was enough :-X

So how should we do this? Should I just give out the list of who has who? Or is keeping this a total secret better? Hm...

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: GH Secret Santa 2012
« Reply #651 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 08:26:33 »
I sent a pretty nice gift to Malaysia, USPS Intl Priority, on the deadline day. Kind of disappointed it hasn't been posted... hopefully customs didn't get in the way.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
Re: GH Secret Santa (Going on now!)
« Reply #652 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 09:27:30 »
So how should we do this? Should I just give out the list of who has who? Or is keeping this a total secret better? Hm...

I got mine and so did my giftee.

I think the only way to be certain would be for everyone to send a gift to a distribution person, and then that person sends them out to a random person in their region.  That would increase postage and reduce the amount of individuality, but would ensure that people who sent a gift in got a gift back.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #653 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 11:50:25 »
That doesn't make sense to me at all.  The only deterrent necessary is shame.  The holidays are about giving, not a guarantee of receiving.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #654 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 12:12:35 »
That doesn't make sense to me at all.  The only deterrent necessary is shame.  The holidays are about giving, not a guarantee of receiving.

I agree with this.  I did the Secret Santa at DT too, and had the oposite problem.  (My person got theirs, but I haven't received one.)  That doesn't bother me much at all, but the thought of someone potentially not getting the one I sent makes me sad.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #655 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 23:26:14 »
So guys, 5 weeks after the secret santa gift was supposed to best sent and still nothing, I had a feeling that this should happen even before I signed up for this.. :(
It is weird because lysol send me a another gift the day after the packages was going to be sent originally and it took 5 days.
It is lost, I get that, but I want to know who had me in the secret santa and what you did send to me? :D

How many others have still not gotten their gifts?

Acetrak, you should keep a list of who has recieved their gifts.

Offline jcrouse

Re: Re: GH Secret Santa 2012
« Reply #656 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 23:28:10 »
So guys, 5 weeks after the secret santa gift was supposed to best sent and still nothing, I had a feeling that this should happen even before I signed up for this.. :(
It is weird because lysol send me a another gift the day after the packages was going to be sent originally and it took 5 days.
It is lost, I get that, but I want to know who had me in the secret santa and what you did send to me? :D

How many others have still not gotten their gifts?

Acetrak, you should keep a list of who has recieved their gifts.

It was me buddy. I sent you 3 cc skulls. Sorry they did not make it yet.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #657 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 23:29:03 »
Liar! You got dangwang :D

Offline jcrouse

Re: Re: GH Secret Santa 2012
« Reply #658 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 00:11:41 »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #659 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 00:23:56 »
I got JD, who had me?
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #660 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 08:00:07 »
Just FYI, I lost a bpiphany controller in the mail from Sweden, or so I thought... 12 weeks after it was sent it showed up in perfect condition  :eek:

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
GH Secret Santa 2012
« Reply #661 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 08:31:30 »
I had wilsongunawan... Sent him a gold touch 10-key with white on black cherry doubleshots and some other novelty keys. Hope he got it!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #662 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 08:34:04 »
I got JD, who had me?

I had you, boost.  Did you like my gifts?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #663 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 06:52:50 »
Just FYI, I lost a bpiphany controller in the mail from Sweden, or so I thought... 12 weeks after it was sent it showed up in perfect condition  :eek:

Did you draw me?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #664 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 09:51:13 »
I drew snoopy.  I've had so much trouble with international shipping (RIP cherry doubleshots) that I just had something sent directly from retailer.

Offline affect656

« Reply #665 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 17:31:24 »
I drew snoopy.  I've had so much trouble with international shipping (RIP cherry doubleshots) that I just had something sent directly from retailer.
I had you, when I saw your first post of what you thought you got I was like damn there must have been a mix up. I looked through a lot of your posts to see what you wanted/didn't have and couldn't find a single thing. Then I saw you had an RA set so I bought a cable to go with it. Hope you like it.
I like linear.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #666 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 18:05:32 »
I recieved mine btw :P

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #667 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 19:24:07 »
It's awesome!  I know I kept getting things in the mail that were either surprises or things I forgot buying  :))  I think it will go nicely with LZGH ;)