Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 907309 times)

Offline bananathock

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 22:08:34 »

Updates cost $00.00.

Jaxx sees himself as a victim. Every bit of communication is designed to make the reader feel sorry for him.

Y'all missing the point.. At least arithmetics gets it right. This is the thing right here that's right on the money. All we want is a bit of honesty - either it's done or it's not. This project can still be delayed for xxx years and be written in our will for being the world's last soon-to-be-dead centenarian and still be alright as long as there's transparency.

"grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand... son / or daughter, i need you to monitor geekhack for rukia r2 updates.. its already been 69 years and 420 days past since jaxx sent us a last update. i leave this in my dying will that you need to read the update. it is imperative that you do."

"but granpappy, we're facing a global crises and with World War V, world's plastic and MCU shortage still prevalent.. im not sure the project is still going on."

"i believe blindly that it is still going on. With the last update sent on year Apollo UC0093 (yes we changed it after World War IV), jaxx still says its going on."

Please guys, no need to side yourself pro or anti or whatever you call this thing attacking each other.. ya'll victims here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 September 2021, 22:16:20 by bananathock »

Offline XUR

« Reply #701 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 00:03:11 »
didn't you say you got your chargeback already? why you still in here dawg?

To help lead infertile, moist individuals like yourself to the light. I pushed for chargebacks, and it worked, and it was the only thing that elicited a response, and our only defense from being scammed blind. There are still lost little sheep in here, like yourself, that I will continue the fight for.

Follow papi and you won't be wrong - because I haven't been AT ALL so far.

Offline FiddyFathoms

« Reply #702 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 00:07:28 »

To help lead infertile, moist individuals like yourself to the light. I pushed for chargebacks, and it worked, and it was the only thing that elicited a response, and our only defense from being scammed blind. There are still lost little sheep in here, like yourself, that I will continue the fight for.

D-d-d-d-daaaaamn!!!  :D

But honestly, though, I feel like we should have a poll here for a.) People who want their money back / or have gotten it back, because they know this is a total fail and b.) still thinks this is legit and Jaxx is making hundreds of keyboards with working PCBs... 1.5 years later... with zero proof... and all the SCIFs... and ice cream machines...

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #703 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 01:01:03 »

Have you ever seen a GB that runs for this long, with no regular updates, ghosting and NO DEFINITIVE EVIDENCE?

Lyra. Lynx L50. Lumina, Exent maybe

Add Ave, Mech27v2, everything from Woodkeys

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #704 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 08:58:34 »

Tell me you’re 13 years old without telling me you’re 13 years old. Go buy Fortnite skins with your chargeback money, fearless leader. I’m quite alright without you fighting for me.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #705 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 10:18:50 »

Have you ever seen a GB that runs for this long, with no regular updates, ghosting and NO DEFINITIVE EVIDENCE?

Aren't you guys just strengthening yhehdgjs's point? None of them delivered properly or at all. So, technically they weren't GBs, which is what they are claiming in their message.

Offline XUR

« Reply #706 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 12:21:30 »

Tell me you’re 13 years old without telling me you’re 13 years old. Go buy Fortnite skins with your chargeback money, fearless leader. I’m quite alright without you fighting for me.

Tell me you were one of the "I love rukia" simps without telling me you were one of the "I love rukia" simps. Let me ask you this directly - do you legitimately think this keyboard is being made, 1.5 years later, with zero real updates or proof, and has substantial progress? It's an easy question. Just answer yes or no.

If you do, you have more problems than being stupid with your money. And trust me, I'm not helping you with those problems.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 September 2021, 12:23:06 by XUR »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #707 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 12:42:50 »

Aren't you guys just strengthening yhehdgjs's point? None of them delivered properly or at all. So, technically they weren't GBs, which is what they are claiming in their message.

My intention isn't to strengthen someone else's message, but to add onto the **** pile that is failed GBs. I'm not even mentioning ones that shipped faulty or completely incorrectly which would easily double this list. My intention is to further prove that this way of purchasing product (Gbs) proves to be far too risky for the greater community, and it's leaders do far too little to protect those by insisting to "just trust the runner" and completely shave off any responsibility.

Did you know you have the option to ask the runner to reinvoice at 6 months to continue your protection? If they refuse to that's an easy disputa eand no sweat getting your money back. Charge backing with a CC should be done before a year, and by that point the runner has no excuse not to have production units. This is information and guidelines that should be law that the hobby follows, rather than ending up with multiple disasters like this a yet. Runs like this aren't community focused, they're a business and should be treated as such.

Offline mmontess

« Reply #708 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 14:09:13 »

cringing into another dimension

Offline spartaman64

« Reply #709 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 17:20:13 »
"Things are stalled right now for several reasons, including-but-not-limited-to the following:
-2 separate CNC crashes
-shoulder injury
-working overtime on a contract job to fund continuing with Rukia"

I can't speak for the other stuff but listing CNC crashes as a significant source of delay made me raise my eyebrow a bit. I am a CNC programmer and operator and having 2 CNC crashes (I am assuming he means the physical kind) seems a bit excessive to me since my company has about one every 2 years or so. I do a quick over head check of the g code to make sure everything makes sense. The cam software and the machine both show me simulated tool paths. But maybe it seems he's a bit inexperienced at least with that specific CNC and he's under time pressure so I'll give him a pass on that.

But another thing is there are two kinds of crashes 1. where the tool bit breaks and 2. where the spindle head breaks. Number 1 takes me at most 10 minutes to change out the bit and its fixed. I don't even bother telling my boss about it since its so inconsequential. So given that I'm assuming he's talking about the second kind but that requires a really bad crash. I haven't actually had a crash that bad before. The closest thing we had to it was when an inattentive forklift driver ran into the CNC which as you imagine caused a lot of damage and resulted in bent and sheared metal. The CNC company was able to send a technician the same day but they say it can take up to 2 days. They ordered the parts needed which took around 2 days to get here and they fixed it on the third day. So assuming that both crashes were this kind of catastrophic crash it should have only been like a 2 week delay. Idk maybe haas has worse customer service and take much longer to send technicians but if that was the case I can't imagine them being as popular as they are.

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #710 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 18:21:06 »

Did you know you have the option to ask the runner to reinvoice at 6 months to continue your protection? If they refuse to that's an easy disputa eand no sweat getting your money back. Charge backing with a CC should be done before a year, and by that point the runner has no excuse not to have production units. This is information and guidelines that should be law that the hobby follows, rather than ending up with multiple disasters like this a yet. Runs like this aren't community focused, they're a business and should be treated as such.

This needs to be sent in all current gbs to protect the buyers reminding them that this is geekhack rules. Dont normalize shifting 100% of the risk on buyers

Offline jack413

« Reply #711 on: Mon, 27 September 2021, 13:15:25 »
Hey Jaxx, could you please just send us a picture of what you have?

Offline kronograf

« Reply #712 on: Mon, 27 September 2021, 21:44:42 »
Hey Jaxx, could you please just send us a picture of what you have?

The pictures have to be hand-carried out the SCIF under the watchful eye of the NSA in the ice cream maker camtono, apparently.

276594-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 September 2021, 21:54:34 by kronograf »
jane me | 910 me

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #713 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 23:42:30 »
Damn you guys got robbed lmao.  A ****ing SCIF lmaoooooooooooo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Artemie

• Don't Let Your Memes Be Dreams
« Reply #714 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 01:06:32 »
Curious but how many Rukias got sold in total?
| 420CL | Fanoe | Porpoise | KFE R1 Silver| MxSS |  is0 Pink & Silver | HBCP Polycarbonate | Matrix 2.0 Additional Purple | TGR Police | Singa Jaguar Green | KFE R2 Blue | RS so lit | Dolch CR Black | Jelly 60 Blue | Belle en Rose | Kei R2 Olive | Dalco 959 Mini | Aripeko
More
Boards in GB: | IU board |
Previous Boards: QXP | Singa  | UTD | Taichi | Jane v2 Red | Jane v2 CE

Offline Stvnce

« Reply #715 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 01:37:12 »
At this point I feel offended that Jaxx keeps stringing us along like we don’t know any better. A simple photo to prove the current progress would put everyone on the same page and get rid of any speculation. If photos are for some ridiculous reason “not possible”, show us invoices proving the money was actually spent towards these boards. These excuses are ambiguous and don’t give us a straight answer as to what the heck the status is.

Without any solid information the only conclusion we can come to is that the timeline is indefinite. No progress has been made in over a year. There is no logical reason anyone could conclude that we’ll ever see these boards until a solid update is provided.

Offline mta

« Reply #716 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 09:51:00 »

From https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105770.msg3046185#msg3046185 Jaxx mentions "Totals: SE (30) + LE (10) + PC (310) + ~30% =500"

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #717 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 11:00:56 »
Maybe Jaxx's shoulder injury is from cranking that ice cream machine  ;D

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #718 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 15:56:53 »

Thats the point, they are giving past examples of the same behavior happening in this buy. M27v2 at least had update photos and told everyone the situation, but when he needed to redo half the boards he said he couldn't pay for it and then ghosted everyone while working on holy pandas with drop in the background.

TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline longtran

« Reply #719 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 04:28:28 »
I love rukia.

Sent from Windows XP using Internet Explorer 7

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #720 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 12:13:27 »
When did we get ice cream?

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #721 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 12:43:42 »
When did we get ice cream?
Sorry, the ice cream from said machine is of the SCIF variety. Meaning you, as a paying customer won't be seeing or getting any.  ;D

Offline mta

« Reply #722 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 12:58:14 »
Did anything ever materialize from this?

(Sep 18th update for LE/SE referenced from kronograf's post)

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #723 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 18:00:19 »

Show Image

The only thing that materialized from this GB was an ice cream machine.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline doodleee

« Reply #724 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 22:25:22 »
jaxx bought an ice cream machine and brought it to his SCIF so he could invent the greatest ice cream flavor of all time. then he would use the profit from his ice cream recipe to start the machining process of Rukia. sounds like a good plan from the man.
TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Police | TGR Alice | Dalco Mini 959 |

Offline kronograf

« Reply #725 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 07:41:34 »

Show Image

Nope.
jane me | 910 me

Offline helborne

« Reply #726 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 10:04:31 »
Jaxxstatic, if you're not going to respond to individual inquiries about the status of an order, per your lawyer's instructions, at least stick to your update timing.  Don't be that guy that says things because they sound good, to get people off your back.  Commit and follow through.  Even if it's to say "I'm stuck because of XYZ".  Also take some pictures of things in progress and share them.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 October 2021, 11:53:41 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline pleasega

« Reply #727 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 02:19:48 »
no update because theres literally nothing to show. why? because nothing is being done.... literally that, i hope it makes sense

Offline mta

« Reply #728 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 18:00:50 »
I noticed today that Rain's update post on 2/16/2021 has since been removed from #updates. I don't even see Rain in the server anymore.

I'm not familiar with this person, but maybe someone else is. Does anyone know how to contact them?

Can Rain come forth and explain why they deleted their post and left the server in silence?

Or - if this was Jaxx's doing instead - can Jaxx come explain why he deleted the post and kicked Rain from the server, and why he didn't tell anyone about it?

Offline Nerisai

« Reply #729 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 18:49:16 »
It was probably deleted because it says "Jaxx is willing to offer refunds on your spot", and you can't edit other people's messages on discord  ;D

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #730 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 19:14:56 »
I noticed today that Rain's update post on 2/16/2021 has since been removed from #updates. I don't even see Rain in the server anymore.

I'm not familiar with this person, but maybe someone else is. Does anyone know how to contact them?

Can Rain come forth and explain why they deleted their post and left the server in silence?

Or - if this was Jaxx's doing instead - can Jaxx come explain why he deleted the post and kicked Rain from the server, and why he didn't tell anyone about it?

I would assume this is a private issue between Jaxx and Rain, and I wouldn't expect you'll get an answer by jumping to conclusions like that.

Offline mta

« Reply #731 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 19:53:22 »
I would assume this is a private issue between Jaxx and Rain, and I wouldn't expect you'll get an answer by jumping to conclusions like that.

To what conclusion are you referring? What I said was factual: The post was removed. I don't see Rain in the server anymore. Neither Jaxx nor Rain disclosed any of this in any way.

A private issue between the two doesn't justify silently removing an update post at the expense of the customers, further reducing transparency in a GB that is already sorely without it.

Jaxx was already caught stealth-editing update posts to make it look like he hadn't promised certain deadlines. He's locked down entire channels like #rukia to make it impossible for anyone to cross-reference important pieces of information. Now we're seeing older posts disappearing without any mention.

It's possible there's an innocent explanation for this one. But regardless of the cause, considering the track record here I think some skepticism is warranted, and someone should explain what happened.

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #732 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 20:12:55 »

To what conclusion are you referring? What I said was factual: The post was removed. I don't see Rain in the server anymore. Neither Jaxx nor Rain disclosed any of this in any way.

A private issue between the two doesn't justify silently removing an update post at the expense of the customers, further reducing transparency in a GB that is already sorely without it.

Jaxx was already caught stealth-editing update posts to make it look like he hadn't promised certain deadlines. He's locked down entire channels like #rukia to make it impossible for anyone to cross-reference important pieces of information. Now we're seeing older posts disappearing without any mention.

It's possible there's an innocent explanation for this one. But regardless of the cause, considering the track record here I think some skepticism is warranted, and someone should explain what happened.

Your conclusion that Rain is somehow actually involved instead of a glorified community manager caught in the crossfire. This is not a productive discussion, your tone probably makes both of them want to explain their side even less, and most importantly, the relevancy of that update is long since dead. What does it matter that some status and estimates are gone? Save your breath.

Offline mta

« Reply #733 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 20:22:21 »
Your conclusion that Rain is somehow actually involved instead of a glorified community manager caught in the crossfire. This is not a productive discussion, your tone probably makes both of them want to explain their side even less, and most importantly, the relevancy of that update is long since dead. What does it matter that some status and estimates are gone? Save your breath.

No, that was me listing possibilities and asking what happened. In order for Rain's older post to disappear like that, as far as I am aware the only possibility is that either Rain and/or someone with mod rights would have needed to delete the post deliberately. Same goes for Rain leaving the server - either Rain left, or Rain was kicked by someone else. Am I mistaken?

At any rate, I'm only pointing out a strange thing I noticed in an already-strange GB. Y'all can take it from there.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 October 2021, 20:32:06 by mta »

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 20:37:28 »
Am I mistaken?

No you are not. Those are certainly possible. So is delivery tomorrow, or never.

Offline rainkeebs

• rainkeebs.mx
    • Rainkeebs
« Reply #735 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 20:45:37 »
For the record that rain is not me

Offline Artemie

• Don't Let Your Memes Be Dreams
« Reply #736 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:05:45 »

From https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105770.msg3046185#msg3046185 Jaxx mentions "Totals: SE (30) + LE (10) + PC (310) + ~30% =500"

Oof so that's $390 x 500 units for $195,000 up in jeopardy.
| 420CL | Fanoe | Porpoise | KFE R1 Silver| MxSS |  is0 Pink & Silver | HBCP Polycarbonate | Matrix 2.0 Additional Purple | TGR Police | Singa Jaguar Green | KFE R2 Blue | RS so lit | Dolch CR Black | Jelly 60 Blue | Belle en Rose | Kei R2 Olive | Dalco 959 Mini | Aripeko
More
Boards in GB: | IU board |
Previous Boards: QXP | Singa  | UTD | Taichi | Jane v2 Red | Jane v2 CE

Offline dantambok

« Reply #737 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 21:22:32 »
For the record that rain is not me

lmao
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #738 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 13:00:13 »
So I'm assuming Gondo or no one else has received any actual updates? I've been contacting Jaxx for my refund consistently, which he agreed to give back in July, but has yet to follow up on it. Unfortunately, I am unable to get a charge back. All I want is a refund because at this point, it feels like I am a hostage in this GB.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #739 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 13:53:03 »
Pretty much nothing to update on my end
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline of_sam

« Reply #740 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 16:17:31 »
So I'm assuming Gondo or no one else has received any actual updates? I've been contacting Jaxx for my refund consistently, which he agreed to give back in July, but has yet to follow up on it. Unfortunately, I am unable to get a charge back. All I want is a refund because at this point, it feels like I am a hostage in this GB.
We are all hostages in the SCIF.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Pach

« Reply #741 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 19:36:51 »
I sat down and read the entire thread; very interesting and sad at the same time. Hope everyone gets out of this one alive

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #742 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 03:21:56 »
I sat down and read the entire thread; very interesting and sad at the same time. Hope everyone gets out of this one alive
You can get out, but the money stays  :-\

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #743 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 22:56:37 »
Ya know, it’s kinda funny that the last straw for Jaxx using a Chinese manufacturer and taking legal action against them was a 3 month delay and some shipping issues. But people start complaining that 1.5 years later we have no pictures of finished boards that were shipped? “Whoaaaaaa cmon relax it’s fine they’re coming just meme this and remember ice cream machine? I love rukia?? Good times, good times.”

I’ll probably stop checking this because I’m moving and can’t change my address, can’t charge back (already tried) and can’t do anything to change this but I wanna say I didn’t force Jaxx to more than triple the groupbuy capacity from something like 50-70 R1 boards to at least 300 for R2. My numbers might be off but I’m pretty sure the ratio is correct and the point still stands. The unfortunate part is I didn’t do the math and placed my trust in a stranger because I read some comments from other strangers saying this was the most trustworthy person in the community. People are still insisting on that to an extent which really should tell any onlookers exactly what they need to look out for when choosing who to trust their funds with.

lol I forgot about aluminum tops. Didn’t even get a bullet point smh. Man y’all remember November 2020 was when we first thought they were coming? Kinda wild that PCB design wasn’t even finalized and that was the projected date. Really makes you wonder….

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #744 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 07:56:45 »
At this point I've cut my losses. Got a Meridian from PrimeKB a couple days ago & will be using that as my Alice style board. If by some longshot the Rukia's do eventually materialize I'll reassess then. Honestly though I can't see myself even want to look at it after the cluster**** this GB has been.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #745 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 08:04:30 »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #746 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 14:22:40 »
Yah its pretty freaking hilarious the claims jaxx has made in retrospect. Even if the boards were delivered perfectly from China, we still wouldn't have them because of these phantom PCBs!
lmao meanwhile other alice GBs are getting delivered every other month.

Funny how that works.

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #747 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 11:37:45 »

When I asked for advice from my lawyer and doctor, I was advised to stop all one to one and online communication, even with friends, and put out updates as things actually progress.

Jaxx, the last time you shared any images on Discord was from May 5. There HAS to be some progress from that date. SURELY there must be some update of the progress you've made because I can't imagine 5 months passing with nothing happening. Why is it so hard to provide some sort of update?

You agreed to give me a refund back in July and have yet to follow up. I can't get a charge back. Jaxx, please provide some information because this is extremely disappointing.

Offline mta

« Reply #748 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 12:51:49 »
Yah its pretty freaking hilarious the claims jaxx has made in retrospect. Even if the boards were delivered perfectly from China, we still wouldn't have them because of these phantom PCBs!
lmao meanwhile other alice GBs are getting delivered every other month.

Funny how that works.

Ya know, it’s kinda funny that the last straw for Jaxx using a Chinese manufacturer and taking legal action against them was a 3 month delay and some shipping issues. But people start complaining that 1.5 years later we have no pictures of finished boards that were shipped? “Whoaaaaaa cmon relax it’s fine they’re coming just meme this and remember ice cream machine? I love rukia?? Good times, good times.”

lol I forgot about aluminum tops. Didn’t even get a bullet point smh. Man y’all remember November 2020 was when we first thought they were coming? Kinda wild that PCB design wasn’t even finalized and that was the projected date. Really makes you wonder….

Compiled some information below, sourcing stuff from public Geekhack posts and and Jaxx's Discord server (or what's left of it, anyway), since everything's sort of spread out at this point and I think it helps to look at everything in one place in order to better make sense of what happened. But this GB has been packed with all sorts of really strange things like the one you guys describe. I have my own suspicions as to what kind of explanation fits everything (it also happens to be the simplest one... or at least, the second-simplest one IMO), but I'll try to leave that out of things and just sort of point out the big questions/issues I see with each part.

1. If you've spent GB money on overseas boards, and it's delayed for a few months due to being boat-shipped, why is the immediate reaction on 12/12/2020 effectively "I better seek legal compensation, tank the rest of the overseas GB, and make all the boards in-house instead so you get the boards sooner"? What?? Why not wait for the shipment to arrive and/or work out a deal with the manufacturer instead? How do you finance a decision like this? Why so trigger-happy to jump to costly litigation? Why the huge undertaking of risk, cost, time, difficulty, and downside exposure in exchange for the chance of a very limited upside to customers? It's even weirder if we go by Jaxx's own timeline where he says that on 8/16/2020 he decided to make everything in-house - this would have been 4 months before learning about the boat-shipping delay on 12/12/2020 and 7 months before learning about the box cutter damage on 3/13/2021. Whether this decision to make R2 in-house was on 8/16/2020 or 12/12/2020, the given explanation doesn't really make sense or justify the decision.

2. Suing a Chinese manufacturer from overseas is difficult, often costly, and timeconsuming (you typically have to go file the suit in China and handle it through their court system, on top of several other obstacles and considerations), let alone for a (relatively) short delay in shipment: "Chinese courts rarely issue large damage awards, no matter the case. Chinese companies generally operate at low margins and Chinese courts are loath to badly harm a functioning business or to cause layoffs. In particular, Chinese judges are hesitant to award damages for lost profits or for pain and suffering. Chinese courts simply do not award the sort of damages available in a U.S. court." Now I'm no lawyer, but AFAIK, for many small to medium companies there's usually no suing in this kind of situation - many eat the cost and move on at the expense of the relationship/their reputation/prospects of future business. In case there was some kind of local intermediary, I checked some public records real quick but found no evidence that Jaxx filed any lawsuits - but hey maybe I missed something. Either way, it doesn't really make sense to me why there would be a lawyer telling him he can't even talk about the overseas boards. Since this was where most of the GB money was supposed to go, it's unacceptable that he refuses to comment on it.

3. Jaxx is obviously not working in a SCIF. You wouldn't be making keyboards in a SCIF. This claim is so ludicrous that I can't believe he would say it with a straight face. Besides, you'd think he would have mentioned such an important thing back in February 2021 when he moved into this new facility, or in March 2021 when he mentioned streaming his CNC process and showing off part of the shop. April 2021 rolls around and suddenly "actually everything's in a SCIF and I can't even take pictures." Jaxx somehow forgot to mention for several months that he was moving to a government facility where he wouldn't be able to provide pictures? And with no consideration given to how unfair this might be for his customers? Not only is the claim outrageous to begin with - it doesn't really make sense even by Jaxx's own timeline.

4. How many overseas boards were there? The number was 150 up until it changed to 300 suddenly on 3/13/2021 without any explanation, around the time he claimed he would receive the shipment the following Monday (3/15/2021). Also, an "undisclosed number" of boards got damaged (mentioning box-cutters). A couple of them? Some of them? Most of them? All of them? Jaxx never clarified even after receiving the boards a couple days later. We still don't know what became of these boards or their status. Even though he claimed he couldn't talk about the boards because of his lawyer, why then did he talk about the damage in the first place? He can bring it up but then say nothing about it two days later?

5. The pics on 5/6/2021 are strange. First some photos of boards, "Left is from the manu. Right is by me." And then later, some photos of damage, "So some weights were damaged along with cases. This is an example of what I can fix and still ship out--patina due to moisture and sitting around + This is something I can't really fix though", etc. At first glance, this sounds like he's referring to the overseas boards "from the manu". But really he's talking about getting "the finish the same as round 1." In other words, these "manu boards" are R1 boards, not overseas R2 boards - but he's using them as stand-ins to show examples of damage he can and can't fix. Why not just show a picture of the overseas R2 boards directly and show the actual damage? At this point in time he ostensibly received those boards almost two months prior. Why word things in such an unclear way to give off the impression that these were the damaged overseas R2 boards? Are the boards on the right really even R2s?

6. In the same post on 5/6, the CNC machine pictures and video are also strange. At first glance, he's apparently got one CNC machine (a Haas VF-2SS, the "workhorse" he calls "Swift Wind"). But on a closer look, this and this appear to indicate different machines. And all this content was posted on the same day, where Jaxx talked about getting all this approval to snap pics and whatnot. So same general model, but different machines. Going back to the video, for a few frames there do appear to be multiple Haas machines. Unclear what those are specifically. Either way, there are at least two Haas VF-2SS models in this facility. We don't actually see any keyboards being made in the CNC machine - there's too much splashing to see anything. Even the photos of the board damage are unclear, close up. It's like a post meant to show everything while actually showing nothing. Even the video is odd - he claims to be "getting chastised" but there's nobody else in the video.

7. Four days later, after taking these pics, on 5/10/2021 he quoted a 5/24/2021 shipping date, notable here because of how short and aggressive it is (two weeks!) - which means things must have been nearing the end and he should have literally hundreds of boards made "in-house" that he could snap pictures of. And yet... it's been nearly five months since then as of this post (10/23/2021) and still: no pics, no confirmation, no details, no explanation.

8. We also now know that the PCBs hadn't been handled when he was quoting all these ETAs for shipping. Around 9/2020 presumably, Jaxx quoted 11/2020 (Thanksgiving). On 11/14/2020, he quoted early 12/2020 (with Rukia SE being 1/2021). On 12/12/2020, he estimated 2/2021. On 3/13/2021, he quoted 4/19/2021 through 4/30/2021. On 4/20/2021, he quoted 5/10/2021. On 5/10/2021, he quoted 5/24/2021. Finally on 5/31/2021 did we finally learn that he was now running into component shortage and fitment issues, and that he hadn't prototyped or ordered PCBs yet (nor received a firmware from Gondo) at any of these points in the past - even way back in late 2020, which in itself was over half a year past the end of the GB close date. I also find it strange that Gondo had to hear about this from some third party - that Jaxx didn't think to ask his PCB guy when he ran into this issue. Why quote ETAs like these before you've even moved on your PCBs?

9. According to Jaxx, on 5/31/2021, some Rukia kits without PCBs were shipped out to customers. Who received these? How many people? How were they selected? Seems odd that these individuals are supposedly out there somewhere and yet they haven't made a peep these past several months to confirm that they in fact received boards.

10. The PCB discussions afterward were also strained. Two weeks later, on 6/13/2021, we get "PCBs incoming" though as far as Gondo was aware, protos of his PCB hadn't been ordered yet - but that maybe that's what Jaxx had ordered. On 7/8/2021, Jaxx mentioned he paid some rush order to Elecrow to speed things up for "the PCBs" but was quoted several weeks for assembly regardless. At this point, Gondo had to step in and yet again mention that as far as he knew, protos had still not been ordered yet and that if Jaxx was indeed ordering a larger batch, this was a huge problem. But Jaxx had been ghosting Gondo so he wasn't sure what was going on himself. Only after lots of heated worry in the thread did Jaxx contact Gondo and say "oh that order was indeed the protos." What? Fast forward some 6 weeks to 8/19/2021 and according to Gondo, Jaxx was still getting protos manufactured. I find all of this confusing. If these were protos, why didn't Jaxx just say that? Why talk about ordering PCBs as if referencing the main batch? Why quote such timelines if these were protos?

11. If it took two weeks to sandblast 25% of the boards as of mid-June, you would think the boards would be finished sometime around early August 2021. Also, does the 25% figure imply that all the boards have been manufactured at this point? Either way, jump forward another month to Jaxx's 9/18/2021 update - still no comment or update about PCB protos, and no comment or update about the sandblasting being completed (let alone the boards being made in the first place).

12. On 9/18/2021, Jaxx mentions two CNC crashes as being a source of delays. This is a little strange for reasons explained by spartaman64. The unfortunate part about this particular explanation is that it's a bad sign whether it's true or false. Serious crashes should not be so common - yet we have two of them over the few months since the last update.

13. In the same update, Jaxx responds to questions such as where the money went and whether he used the money to buy a CNC machine. Rukia money went to Rukia... okay, so... why no pics or any info at all? The CNC response was also weird to me. Nobody is asking whether he's using Rukia funds on a second business, but that's the question he answers. People are asking how Jaxx was financing all the equipment being used to make the Rukias in-house. I think it's a reasonable question to ask, considering that as of 8/2019, Jaxx was considering quitting his job that wasn't paying him enough to live on even after receiving a promotion, and that he was still looking to secure funds for self-manufacturing UHMWPE. Then the GB begins sometime around 3/2020 (and on Discord somewhere, Jaxx mentions he wants to set up his own manu but isn't ready yet) and then the GB ends 5/4/2020. Fast forward six months to 11/2020 and 12/2020 and Jaxx is moving to new facilities, setting up injection molding, "has the means now" to CNC, etc. He mentions two business loans for the UHWMPE equipment, and that in-house production has always been funded with business loans, with operational costs funded via contract work. And as of 9/18/2021 he's continuing contract work to fund Rukia. Why is extra work needed to fund Rukia unless the GB money has since vaporized? What became of the money spent on the overseas boards? How big of a shortfall are we talking here? Is it even realistic to expect one person to fulfill so many boards on his own dime? How were the loans justified or approved in the first place, and on what basis? How are they being paid back at this point? (It's not like Jaxx is releasing UHMWPE products now) What if contract work dries up? To what extent is this "in-house"? Is/was GB money ever spent on any of the equipment costs? And on that note, why go to the trouble of trying to set up all this extra equipment at the same time you're running a separate GB when starting from scratch in the first place?

14. Why lock down the Discord channels on a pretext of "toxicity" instead of having your moderators moderate? Why blame supportive messages for making it hard to find information when entire channels are being shut down? All this does is hurt customers, reduce transparency, and make it harder for people to reach you. But then again, we've got the stealth-editing of failed ETAs and removal of older updates, namely Rain's 2/16/2021 post, which as far as I'm aware requires deliberate action. I also find it a little strange that the server only goes back to 11/14/2020 when it comes to Rukia updates.

15. The refunds - worth summarizing. Back in 12/12/2020, when Jaxx mentioned CNCing the R2 design, he offered people refunds if they felt "uneasy about the continued delays". Though at the same time, he didn't want too many taking him up on the offer either (understandably). This particular post I think is worth noting because he mentions "It comes out of pocket, since the manufacturers have already been paid." Refunds were also mentioned in Rain's now-deleted update post on 2/16/2021: "If you feel at all uncomfortable with the state of the current buy, Jaxx is willing to offer refunds on your spot. This is extremely uncharacteristic of a runner; do not expect all runners will offer refunds this far into a buy." On 12/29/2020 and later 3/9/2021, refunded spots were re-raffled to anyone who missed the GB window. Unsure how many spots were re-raffled in total. Presumably, this means any money Jaxx spent out of pocket on refunds was eventually replenished by someone else's re-raffled purchase. Refunds were no longer given out as of 4/19/2021 as Jaxx mentions hitting the limit of what he could afford as a result of extra funding spent "getting things here faster". Why I bring all this stuff up: Were customers really given all the true, relevant information needed at the time in order to assess the state of the GB?

16. Overall, Jaxx has not been transparent at all. Showing pics or talking about the overseas batch... can't do it - lawyer. Showing pics or talking about the local "in-house" boards instead... can't do it - SCIF. Responding to customers' requests for transparent information... can't do it, lawyer's and doctor's orders. There's no evidence the overseas shipment actually existed (or if it did, what happened to it and what became of the GB money spent on it). There's no evidence that any significant number of in-house units were ever made. There's no evidence that PCBs ever got made (let alone ordered or prototyped). There's no evidence that some customers people actually received Rukia kits without PCBs.

Anyhow, if I've made an error or mistake somewhere in summarizing all of this (or if I missed something important somewhere), I'll correct it -- I also never saw #rukia when it was open so I'm completely unaware of anything that was said in there.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 November 2021, 12:20:29 by mta »

Offline nFaiz

[GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #749 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 16:57:41 »
Thank you for this very informative post!
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 October 2021, 17:05:10 by nFaiz »