Author Topic: [IC] Milkyway Lancaster - PBT Keycap Interest Check  (Read 50110 times)

Offline Owl

[IC] Milkyway Lancaster - PBT Keycap Interest Check
« on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:47:13 »

Introduction

I am happy to announce that this Interest Check is back on the "rails"! It was and still is important to me that this set found a way to be ran as it represents an important time in my life that I wanted to express through this design. I am thankful and proud that this set will be manufactured by MilkyWay! I still have the data from the old Lancaster IC, but new manufacturing brings new decisions and opportunity. I would really appreciate if you would take the time to review and provide feedback for this Interest Check so that it can develop in to the best possible version of itself and serve as many people as possible. Thank you!

Colors

Keycaps

Deskmats

Renders

Artisans
Artisans by Hibi MX

Cables
Artisan coiled aviator cables from SwiftCables!

Fun Stuff

Web Browser Themes
Complete your desk aesthetic with official browser themes in the Lancaster colorway!

Collectible Vintage Memorabilia

During the Group Buy phase, I will be giving away some cool Lancaster related stuff in my Discord!

Forum Signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109917.0][img width=316 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/u2IIeCR.jpg[/img][/url]

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109917.0][img width=316 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/kgMRAQg.jpg[/img][/url]

Specifications and Description

Keycaps are made by MilkyWay using high-quality PBT material for the caps and a dye-sublimation process for the legends.
Keycaps use MX stems and are compatible with any keyboard that uses Cherry MX style switches.
Deskmats are 900mm X 400mm X 3mm with printed cloth top, rubberized bottom, and stitched edges.

Products shown will be sold via a Group Buy by your local vendors around the world. Please refer to vendor information pages regarding Group Buy details.

Product images shown are renders. Final product colors may vary, especially if you are viewing on an uncalibrated monitor or device. Gaming Monitors that use TN panels are especially inaccurate for viewing colors. Your smartphone is probably the most color accurate device unless you have a special monitor. Kingk22 and I have calibrated the renders based on this recommendation.

Vendors and Pricing
United States: TBA
Canada: DeskHero
Europe: MyKeyboard.eu
Asia: iLumKB
Asia: ZFrontier
Oceania: Daily Clack

Change Log

06/21/2022 - Interest Check page completely re-done to reflect new manufacturer, MilkyWay.
02/22/2021 - Cable Collab, Postcard promo, new novelties, new feedback form, all vendors announced
02/22/2021 - Hangul kit added
01/05/2021 - Deskmats updated
12/09/2020 - ISO kit added to Base Kit
11/30/2020 - Interest Check goes live

Special Thanks

Thank you Kate from hibi for the incredible artisan keycap designs
Thank you KingK22 for the awesome renders
Thank you SpikedSynapse for your help with fantastic novelty design
Thank you SwitftCables for your collaboration on the fantastic artisan cables

Please consider filling out the feedback form as it greatly helps me polish the product to suit your needs.

WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA

« Last Edit: Sat, 27 August 2022, 14:25:24 by Owl »

Offline yoot

• none
Re: [IC] GMK Lancaster
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:51:35 »
Is this based off of Lancaster Pennsylvania?

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:52:56 »
neat

Offline Owl

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:53:20 »

It sure is!

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:53:57 »

It sure is!
That's so cool! I live in Montgomery county so that's pretty close to me

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:56:21 »
Nice colors as always. Please consider adding 1.25u Fn key, ISO-US to base kit. Also, do you have any plans for novelties?

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:58:22 »
Since you've got an R4 backslash in the ISO kit, you probably don't need it in the base kit.  Or vice versa.

Offline Owl

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:02:33 »
Nice colors as always. Please consider adding 1.25u Fn key, ISO-US to base kit. Also, do you have any plans for novelties?

Novelties are finished and ready but I just need an updated render from Kingk22 since I changed my mind on a detail.

Offline Owl

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:03:20 »
Since you've got an R4 backslash in the ISO kit, you probably don't need it in the base kit.  Or vice versa.

Yup I just noticed that like the moment I posted it lol. I plan on taking it out of the base kit to try to get the price of the base kit down.

Offline Owl

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:05:29 »

It sure is!
That's so cool! I live in Montgomery county so that's pretty close to me

Hell yeah! I grew up in York county near the Red Lion area!

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:06:40 »
While I am apart of the Icon mod gang, these text mods are hitting different.  :thumb:

Offline LucaLo_

• CK Stan
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:13:29 »
Good ****, text mods really giving me that old-timey feel.

Offline aaronlau

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:16:44 »
PA GANG PULL UP!

Offline hellphyre

• The Dog Star Emperor
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:21:44 »
PA GANG PULL UP!

PA GANG check-in - GLWIC

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:41:12 »

I think the rows are off here (assuming this is a 40s kit) and should be

R2
R3
R3
R4
R4
R4

I would also suggest removing the lock key, adding a second 1u shift for ortho support, and adding 1.25u and 1.75u enter keys. Come by the 40s discord if you want more help with this!

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:46:58 »
Oh gosh this is beautiful. I'd had a similar set in mind to do but this is just so lovely and perfectly done - the burgundy, amber, cream, and charcoal are such an unexpectedly pretty combination, at once feeling luxurious with leather, brass, and velvet, and homey, like a pipe smoke and book-filled home library. That dual feeling remind me of both the professor's study and the train ride in the Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe.

Offline Owl

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:53:14 »
Show Image

I think the rows are off here (assuming this is a 40s kit) and should be

R2
R3
R3
R4
R4
R4

I would also suggest removing the lock key, adding a second 1u shift for ortho support, and adding 1.25u and 1.75u enter keys. Come by the 40s discord if you want more help with this!

Thank you! I really wish I had more 40's experience so I could get this right from the get go. I will make sure to get this re-rendered with proper support.

Offline Owl

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:58:34 »
Oh gosh this is beautiful. I'd had a similar set in mind to do but this is just so lovely and perfectly done - the burgundy, amber, cream, and charcoal are such an unexpectedly pretty combination, at once feeling luxurious with leather, brass, and velvet, and homey, like a pipe smoke and book-filled home library. That dual feeling remind me of both the professor's study and the train ride in the Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe.

Thank you for that immersive reaction! I am so glad that it's giving off those feelings for you. It means a lot to me, especially from a designer who is so good with colors like yourself. Thank you again!

Offline verity

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 16:03:20 »
Not the biggest text mods fan but I do have to admit they work very well here. Excited to see this progress.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 16:17:13 »
Reminds me of a train
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Owl

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 19:25:27 »
I added a section just below the kit renders that labels the keys with units.

Also changed the 40's kit per the provided suggestion. Hopefully it suits 40's users needs.

Also added the novelties. There is actually another novelty concept that I am working on for the bottom row but I left it out for now as I want to make sure it's not blasphemous by GMK standards.

Offline aclassynerd

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 19:39:12 »
may i request a render with a gray board? i ordered a think65 gray and would like to see it if it works out.

like this one

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0217/1948/2468/products/05_1U_1296x.png?v=1595025108

Offline nick779

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:50:40 »
Sigh, Pittsburgh checking in. Guess I'll be opening my wallet again.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:17:57 »
PA gang checking in here too! Love the set OP, please consider adding the extra B to the spacebar kit! It just makes much more sense there, even if you leave the regular colored small bars in the 40's kit, since you have the 2.25u & 2.75u accent bars in the spacebar kit as it stands.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:58:57 »
This looks so classy. The keyboard that dons this set can be livingroom setpiece. I'm curious what's the best color to pair with this.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:43:25 »

It sure is!

Also the colours of the English House of Lancaster https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lancaster

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 17:17:31 »
Why "1929?" What's the significance of that year?
I know Lancaster was founded in 1729...
I'm familiar with the Bicentennial Wagon Train Pilgrimage to Pennsylvania...
Is there a specific postcard this set uses as inspiration for colors? I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 December 2020, 17:21:04 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 18:59:39 »
Mods remind me of Red Samurai in a good way.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline VXQN

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 04:40:49 »
Not a fan of the "tobacco smoke stain" alphas, but the rest looks nice!

Offline Owl

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 09:23:05 »
Why "1929?" What's the significance of that year?
I know Lancaster was founded in 1729...
I'm familiar with the Bicentennial Wagon Train Pilgrimage to Pennsylvania...
Is there a specific postcard this set uses as inspiration for colors? I'm just curious.

The train station in Lacaster, which is the backdrop inspiration for this set, was opened on April 28th 1929. The interior building featured these kinds of colors. The lancaster sign that hung in the lobby was a burgundy with gold accents. The walls were a creamy/smoky beige, and supporting beams and molding featured the darker grays. I moddified the colors a good bit to reflect the color palette but in a more rustic tone to show the age while retaining that appeal. The appeal being a pretty low budget inspjration of art deco at the time.

Offline JCraftCables

• Instagram
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 07:58:14 »
Like the colour scheme. Only thing I'd change is to change the mods to icon instead of text.

Offline lavaflow

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 13:07:53 »
I love these colors, don't think I'd get anything besides the base kit though

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 13:48:36 »
ctrl+f carbon = 0 results
is gh evolving?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 14:00:31 »
ctrl+f carbon = 0 results
is gh evolving?

if we malded over every set with cream alphas and grey mods we'd die from the blood pressure increase

also i don't see how this set looks like carbon at all
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Galakc

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 14:50:58 »
Theme and deskmats fit perfectly, great job!

Offline Owl

Re: [IC] GMK Lancaster (Feedback update 12/7/20)
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 19:06:33 »
Just a quick update based on the feedback i've gotten!

1. I moved the B key to the spacebars kit from the 40's kit. This makes a lot of sense because split users will already have to get the spacebars kit so forcing them to get the 40's kit which would be useless to them did not make sense. To be honest this was more of a slip using an old KLE than anything as I consciously did this for my last set. So thank you for bringing it to my attention so it could be fixed

2. The ISO kit has been added to the base kit instead of being a standalone kit. At first I thought separating the two would be a benefit to lower the cost of the base kit for everyone that wouldn't make use of the ISO keys. But it turns out that this actually punishes ISO users more than anything as the standalone kit is more expensive by itself than just adding it to the base kit. This also ensures that it will get made as well as increase the aftermarket value of the base kit for those who get it. I think this change makes a lot of sense after understanding all of those things. So thank you for that feedback and thank you KingK22 for explaining this benefit to my non-iso brain lol.

3. Novelties will be getting a new R4. I am still working on them to make sure they are up to spec. I want to avoid the constant changes that occurred in my last keyset due to going back and forth with GMK on the limitations and line sizes. For now, the shown novelties are up to spec, but there are more to come.

4. I received less feedback than I had imagined regarding language support. Seems that the audience is still primarily basic English alphas users. That being said, the most requested language so far was Hangul! So... I am heavily considering adding Hangul support as I have always said that I want my sets to support languages without necessarily being themed around them. I have not decided if I am going to add this as a separate kit like I did in the past or if I am going to attempt to run a second base kit. It will largely depend on the final data of the IC phase of the project to determine which is more feasible and beneficial. Please let me know your thoughts in the Google Form though!

5. I am still reaching to find collaboration opportunities! I intend to have artisans and possibly other collabs running along side the set.

Thank you all for your feedback so far! It's been incredibly helpful and it shapes the set to YOUR needs. Please let me know any and all thoughts you have, positive or negative. Thank you again for you continued support and understanding!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2020, 19:09:20 by Owl »

Offline violeaf

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 20:26:46 »
Nice move on including iso in base! Not sure if you've considered designing a novelty for iso enter, which can be another highlight

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 00:46:50 »

1. I moved the B key to the spacebars kit from the 40's kit. This makes a lot of sense because split users will already have to get the spacebars kit so forcing them to get the 40's kit which would be useless to them did not make sense. To be honest this was more of a slip using an old KLE than anything as I consciously did this for my last set. So thank you for bringing it to my attention so it could be fixed

2. The ISO kit has been added to the base kit instead of being a standalone kit. At first I thought separating the two would be a benefit to lower the cost of the base kit for everyone that wouldn't make use of the ISO keys. But it turns out that this actually punishes ISO users more than anything as the standalone kit is more expensive by itself than just adding it to the base kit. This also ensures that it will get made as well as increase the aftermarket value of the base kit for those who get it. I think this change makes a lot of sense after understanding all of those things. So thank you for that feedback and thank you KingK22 for explaining this benefit to my non-iso brain lol.

3. Novelties will be getting a new R4. I am still working on them to make sure they are up to spec. I want to avoid the constant changes that occurred in my last keyset due to going back and forth with GMK on the limitations and line sizes. For now, the shown novelties are up to spec, but there are more to come.

4. I received less feedback than I had imagined regarding language support. Seems that the audience is still primarily basic English alphas users. That being said, the most requested language so far was Hangul! So... I am heavily considering adding Hangul support as I have always said that I want my sets to support languages without necessarily being themed around them. I have not decided if I am going to add this as a separate kit like I did in the past or if I am going to attempt to run a second base kit. It will largely depend on the final data of the IC phase of the project to determine which is more feasible and beneficial. Please let me know your thoughts in the Google Form though!

5. I am still reaching to find collaboration opportunities! I intend to have artisans and possibly other collabs running along side the set.

Thank you all for your feedback so far! It's been incredibly helpful and it shapes the set to YOUR needs. Please let me know any and all thoughts you have, positive or negative. Thank you again for you continued support and understanding!
I believe a R4 pipe key is missing, it is needed to pair with that 1.25u Shift key. Also, ISO US may has fewer keys than ISO UK if you consider lowering the cost a bit, I may be wrong about the price part.

Offline Owl

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:31:06 »

I believe a R4 pipe key is missing, it is needed to pair with that 1.25u Shift key. Also, ISO US may has fewer keys than ISO UK if you consider lowering the cost a bit, I may be wrong about the price part.

whoops. Yeah i am gonna fix that. Thank you!

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:33:16 »
For collaborations, a Bongo Cat from Hello?Caps would be amazing. Or a Watcher from Ritual Master.
I would buy the Hangul kit if there was one.

Offline Owl

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 11:38:51 »
fixed the R4 \| in the base kit.

Currently reaching out to makers for artisans and working on sprucing up the novelties.

Feedback from the google form suggested that the Novelties kit could be a little stronger. I am currently working on making a more comprehensive novelty kit with more diversity!

Offline bigmaxnonions

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 10:55:31 »
It would seal the deal for me if the novelties included a picture of the PRR EMD E7, one of the most iconic trains from the Pennsylvania Railroad.
Skog Reboot, INK Blacks, GMK Stealth | Neito, POMs, ePBT Ramenstop | KARA, Gat Yellows, KAT Cyberspace | AVA, Black Pandas, GMK Arch | QK65, Ergo Clears, GMK Laser | W1-AT, LE Creams, ePBT WoB | Odin R2, Meteor Whites, GMK Hooty | QK60, Boba U4Ts, PBT Notion | Liberi, New Nixies, GMK Grand Prix | Cypher R4, Root Beer Floats, (Undecided, currently PBT Stone) | Cycle7, POMs, GMK Striker

Sent from my SM Smart Fridge via TapTalk

Offline Owl

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 21:57:52 »
This isn't a huge update since I have been pretty busy over the holidays but I wanted to let everyone know that this is till being actively polished as we speak and that there is more to come. Also to get front page exposure because that's really why anyone puts out small updates.

I have added Last Padawan as my US vendor now. Really excited to work with them as their communication and support has been unprecedented! They also have a very talented artist on their team that is working on a 4th deskmat design. Their interest and art style is going to be a welcome addition to the IC and, with your approval, the GB.

I am also still working on the novelties. I really want these to be perfect so I've been taking the time to work with some other people in our community as well as becoming more proficient with SVG rendering myself.

Still looking at collaborations as well. I do have a cable maker so far. Myself and Last Padawan are looking at manufacturers right now for, possibly, the collectible post cards that were mentioned in the Google Form. I have some really cool ideas for that implementation but we will wait to se before I make any promises.

So yeah sorry for the lack of updates. Just been busy. But there is a lot to come still so thank you for your time!

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK Lancaster (Deskmat Update 1/5/21)
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 23:34:24 »
I just keep coming back to this set, it looks so clean and classy, and I like trains, winner all around great work Owl!

Offline Prestley

• Twitch
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 16:57:42 »
Oh, it's beautiful. I usually prefer icons for mods but goddamn this colorway is crisp for the text. Looks very clean!

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 17:01:38 »
Definitely keeping my eye on this. Great colorway, very elegant.

Offline mainmorbix

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 02:21:13 »
I'd like to see renders with a black keyboard.

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 04:56:52 »
I’d like to echo this please, and ask a bit wider: please render with a few more differently coloured boards?

I can’t quite picture what this would look good on.

On its own, this is one of the best looking sets I’ve seen in a while, really special, and different to most sets I’ve seen apart from Thai Tea.

Offline Rx003

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:51:39 »
This is pretty nice and neat, would watch out for this! Pantone please?

Offline Owl

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 10:02:52 »
I’d like to echo this please, and ask a bit wider: please render with a few more differently coloured boards?

I can’t quite picture what this would look good on.

On its own, this is one of the best looking sets I’ve seen in a while, really special, and different to most sets I’ve seen apart from Thai Tea.

I just reached out to get some more renders done. This has been a popular request so I am going to try to get a nice variety done.

This is pretty nice and neat, would watch out for this! Pantone please?

Thank you! I don't have the Pantone equivalents for these colors and will be using RAL since I intend to run this set as a GMK set, which is their native color matching system.

Offline Owl

Re: [IC] GMK Lancaster (Kitting Update 2/22/21)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 21:32:56 »
By relatively popular demand, a Hangul kit has been added! This is not an aesthetic decision but an accessibility one. We have a lot of members in our community that can benefit from having Hangul sub-legends and the feedback I have received shows this. I know I said this before on my last set but there is still a concern that a separate Hangul base kit would have trouble meeting MOQ. The data I have so far for Lancaster is showing that there is a little less "hype" for it than my previous set. That being said, once I have my final vendors locked in I will discuss this data with them and see if we can manage it anyway as I know it would be of great benefit to the very people that would be interested in the Hangul kit.

As for other updates, still working on updating the novelties. I apologize that it is taking more time than expected but I think the final iteration will be well worth it. The renders for the boards will be coming soon as well.

Offline Owl

Huge update for you guys!

Cable collab has been added. Will be working with SwiftCables to bring you quality artisan aviator cables in the Lancaster colorway!

I have been working with LastPadawan to bring you vintage postcards for the Strasburg Rail-Road in Lancaster County! Every Base Kit will come with a postcard and some very special winners will be getting an authentic vintage postcard from 1902 and a foil collectible Strasburg card!

The novelties have been updated!

RAMA will be doing artisans for Lancaster!

GB is slated for this Summer so get ready! Please fill out the feedback form if you have time so that I can continue to make changes and provide you all with the best possible experience and product! Also leave comments on the thread or reach out to me directly on Discord with any questions, concerns, or feedback.

Thank you!

Offline patcoll

• !40s
US-PA checking in. Great work! I might add 1.5 Enter for better 40s support.

Offline Owl

Re: [IC] GMK Lancaster - Postponed until further notice
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 11:42:20 »
I wanted to update everyone.

Due to the long wait times, supply challenges, and overall uncertainty in global affairs and markets, I have decided to postpone this project. In the background I am still looking for ways to bring this to market for you all but as it stands now, I do not feel confident that bringing this to market with current circumstances would result in an excellent experience for my customers. I apologize if this is sad news for those interested. Again, I will still be looking for ways to get this to you all but wanted to set the expectation now that it won't be this summer like planed and that I do no currently have an estimated time of when I intend to run this. Thank you for your understanding.

Offline gotgoodiez

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 20:59:24 »
As a PA born and mostly raised guy I was looking forward to this set. Quite a shame it will be postponed but hopefully you eventually run it, wouldn't even mind possibly in a different profile! I will keep an eye on the thread incase you update us with some good news. Good luck!

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 00:22:39 »
I wanted to update everyone.

Due to the long wait times, supply challenges, and overall uncertainty in global affairs and markets, I have decided to postpone this project. In the background I am still looking for ways to bring this to market for you all but as it stands now, I do not feel confident that bringing this to market with current circumstances would result in an excellent experience for my customers. I apologize if this is sad news for those interested. Again, I will still be looking for ways to get this to you all but wanted to set the expectation now that it won't be this summer like planed and that I do no currently have an estimated time of when I intend to run this. Thank you for your understanding.
Thanks for not trying to sell us something you’re not certain you can deliver in reasonable time.

Please post on here if/when you start it up again.

Offline quantumlocke

Re: [IC] Milkyway Lancaster - PBT Keycap Interest Check
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 14:23:46 »
I just noticed you updated the IC at the end of June to reflect a switch to MilkyWay. I hope this goes to GB. Lancaster has been on my watch list since your first IC. I absolutely love the colors and I enjoy a good train trip. I haven't seen any updates since end of June though. Is there a timeframe for GB, or any better way to get updates on this project?

Offline Owl

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 27 August 2022, 14:27:40 »
I just noticed you updated the IC at the end of June to reflect a switch to MilkyWay. I hope this goes to GB. Lancaster has been on my watch list since your first IC. I absolutely love the colors and I enjoy a good train trip. I haven't seen any updates since end of June though. Is there a timeframe for GB, or any better way to get updates on this project?

Thank you for being a dedicated fan! I have been polishing the Interest Check in the background and wanted to wait until a couple more things were ironed out before making it official. But yeah it's coming back! We are working on color matching right now, and as soon as that is done, we will be getting this to Group Buy as soon as possible.

As far as updates go, I will now be posting all updates right here on Geekhack so just follow this thread. If you would like more granular updates on all the little things along the journey, my Discord is the best place to get those.

Thanks again for your support!
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 August 2022, 14:30:01 by Owl »

Offline JQ27

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 27 August 2022, 15:19:01 »
The update of this totally slipped by me as well. Always loved this set from when I first saw it and am a big fan of your Rainy Day. My only ask is for a consideration for a UK vendor to compliment the EU one?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 27 August 2022, 15:59:07 »

Thank you for being a dedicated fan! I have been polishing the Interest Check in the background and wanted to wait until a couple more things were ironed out before making it official. But yeah it's coming back! We are working on color matching right now, and as soon as that is done, we will be getting this to Group Buy as soon as possible.

As far as updates go, I will now be posting all updates right here on Geekhack so just follow this thread. If you would like more granular updates on all the little things along the journey, my Discord is the best place to get those.

Thanks again for your support!
Hey can you change 2 of those R3 ansi novelties to R4 so they can be used for R4 2.25u left shift key?

Offline Jho

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 27 August 2022, 18:46:16 »
I saw the time this was originally posted so I assumed this was long gone. Glad to see it's not, and that I still have the opportunity to get it in the future!

Offline bigmaxnonions

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 28 August 2022, 09:18:42 »
I am so excited to see this set come back soon!
Skog Reboot, INK Blacks, GMK Stealth | Neito, POMs, ePBT Ramenstop | KARA, Gat Yellows, KAT Cyberspace | AVA, Black Pandas, GMK Arch | QK65, Ergo Clears, GMK Laser | W1-AT, LE Creams, ePBT WoB | Odin R2, Meteor Whites, GMK Hooty | QK60, Boba U4Ts, PBT Notion | Liberi, New Nixies, GMK Grand Prix | Cypher R4, Root Beer Floats, (Undecided, currently PBT Stone) | Cycle7, POMs, GMK Striker

Offline makikatze

• The Real Cat™
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 11:58:04 »
What a great design! I created my account just to watch this thread and not miss when the GB goes live (and it will be my first Group Buy)!

I will look for after designs, though, now that I am part of the community :p

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 13:55:37 »
So glad this got revived. Never tried MW before, this might be my first time!

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 19:32:48 »
Set looks fantastic, I’m in
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline antsinyourpants

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 12:22:00 »
Very classy.

Offline loucifer7891

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 21:31:51 »
man i love this set

Offline bigmaxnonions

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 18:59:56 »
I will continue to follow this set until it is released, and as long as the PRR EMD E7 is on the ISO enter, I will insta buy it.

Offline Owl

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 22:54:17 »
Hey guys. I wanted to provide an update.

I got color samples in hand over a month ago. The first round of samples was very good! But there were some tweaks to be made of course. I was in communication with MW to get a second sample going but I actually have not heard back yet. In fact I have not heard anything in over 4 weeks from the MW team about anything and it looks like other lines of communication have gone cold for other folks as well. I have reached out several times and got nothing.

I will keep you all posted if anything develops. I had pretty strong communication with a representative from MW up until 4 weeks ago so my main concern is that they and the team is alright. Once I get verification on what is going on, I can provide more insight into the next steps for the Lancaster project for you all.

Thank you for your patience. This is a weird thing and a weird time so I am hoping for the best for everyone at this moment.

Offline Jho

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 21:31:59 »
Hey guys. I wanted to provide an update.

I got color samples in hand over a month ago. The first round of samples was very good! But there were some tweaks to be made of course. I was in communication with MW to get a second sample going but I actually have not heard back yet. In fact I have not heard anything in over 4 weeks from the MW team about anything and it looks like other lines of communication have gone cold for other folks as well. I have reached out several times and got nothing.

I will keep you all posted if anything develops. I had pretty strong communication with a representative from MW up until 4 weeks ago so my main concern is that they and the team is alright. Once I get verification on what is going on, I can provide more insight into the next steps for the Lancaster project for you all.

Thank you for your patience. This is a weird thing and a weird time so I am hoping for the best for everyone at this moment.

Oh wow, thank you for the update. I was unaware of the MW lack of communication and hope everything is all good. Hope it's just temporary and everything is fine and you can get back from MW, along with other sets going through them.

Offline Owl

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 12:48:09 »
Wanted to post a quick update. Communication has been reestablished and the second set of samples are on the way. I am in the middle of a move right now so there may be some delays but things are moving forward and I will be posting updates on the samples as soon as I get them.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 14:54:36 »
Oh glad that this is still alive. It’s a great design. I am in 3 different mw gbs but I don’t have any in hand to see the quality. I’ll hope I get the previous ones in hand venue this gb starts. I’m in art nouveau, Heresy, and barista
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 December 2022, 15:31:05 by DaaDaa »
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Jho

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 18:53:22 »
Wanted to post a quick update. Communication has been reestablished and the second set of samples are on the way. I am in the middle of a move right now so there may be some delays but things are moving forward and I will be posting updates on the samples as soon as I get them.

Great to see. Thanks for updating.

Offline Owl

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 00:30:18 »
Milkyway recently released an update that they will not be taking on anymore IC's this year and will be solely focusing on the projects they already have obligations for. This is good action on their part to make sure that they satisfy their current agreements. This unfortunately means that this project will be further delayed though.

To be honest, I think I will end up suspending this indefinitely though. I have really enjoyed designing this and I am thankful for all of the support that it received.

Offline makikatze

• The Real Cat™
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 02:16:57 »
Noooooo! :(

I was really looking forward to this set. The IC for this set was one of the reasons I got interested in the whole custom keyboard thingy :)

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 06:46:30 »
Oh this is unfortunate as this set has great colors and most importantly text only shifts. I guess I just have to be content with the 20 other gbs I’m in.

Offline Jho

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 18:48:19 »
I completely understand, but still sad to hear. Hope you may decide to pick this up again at a later date, though again I do understand if not.

Offline Apothecarii

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 10 March 2023, 13:18:30 »
Just posting up my support for this IC. I love this set and it plays directly to my model train hobby. Hoping to see it come back soon!