Author Topic: Survey about ergonomics  (Read 6163 times)

Offline CCH

• NERDBUDE
Survey about ergonomics
« on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 04:38:13 »
Hello everyone,

I try to collect some metrics about ergonomics.
If you have 5 minutes and nothing to do maybe you can fill this survey and feed it with some informations.
I will release the result soon an my website and hope to get some interesting numbers and can bring it to the diy / custom boards.

https://forms.gle/wTqSTHPhMJegx2MJ9

Thank you all :)

Offline Findecanor

Re: Survey about ergonomics
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 05:01:12 »
I didn't submit. Some feedback:

You got the definition of "tenting" wrong. Tenting is angling the halves against each other so that they together resemble a tent — and only that.
Some of these measurements can be difficult to measure, and these questions are required - so I anticipate that you will lose answers because of that.

You didn't ask whether the user's keyboard is columnar, staggered or ortholinear (or something else). The opening angle depends on that style. People also use different opening angles depending on the distance between halves.

There are many mods that can be done... but are really any mods other than ergonomic mods relevant?
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 July 2021, 05:03:05 by Findecanor »

Offline CCH

• NERDBUDE
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 05:14:52 »
You got the definition of "tenting" wrong.

Thanks. Yes that's right. I thought I can summarize it to the word "tenting" - my fault

You didn't ask whether the user's keyboard is columnar, staggered or ortholinear

Because of that i ask for the keyboard and get the alignment of keys through this point.

There are many mods that can be done
Yes but I thought the mods wich are listed influence the ergonomics. Other mods just influence sound and so on.

What do you think?
And thanks for the proposals

Offline iaji

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 21:56:51 »
submitted. if it's possible, can you add 'do you bottom out when typing?' I used to feel tired when I bottom out and then taught myself not to bottom out, the pain no longer show up.

edit: forgot to add. if it is also possible, can you and 'how far apart you separate each side?'?
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 July 2021, 22:37:51 by iaji »

Offline RealET

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 21:29:40 »
Answered!  Will be interested to see the results ;D

Offline jamster

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 22:25:37 »
I think that the Tai Hao 'profile' the same as OEM.

"Do you write blind or not? *" should be "Do you touchtype"