Author Topic: I like the taste of stamps.  (Read 3631 times)

Offline funkmon

I like the taste of stamps.
« on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 19:11:20 »
Not to go too far off the TP4 deep end here, but goddamn licking stamps and envelopes is awesome. I love that taste. It's too bad the USPS has moved on to stickers so I have to go on eBay and buy vintage stamps to get my fix

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: I like the taste of stamps.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 20:28:00 »
Stamp glue is one of cockroaches favorite foods

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 21:14:25 »
D: are you saying my stamp collection could be attracting the cockroaches?!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 08:46:27 »
I saw this and thought I could relate myself to it... Nah, it is just too weird and dark to lick old stamps instead of a lollypop.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 08:50:39 »
I saw this and thought I could relate myself to it... Nah, it is just too weird and dark to lick old stamps instead of a lollypop.

Remember, this is the guy who said:

We have diet pop. Diet pop is water but with flavour and texture and ****. It's perfectly fine for you and doesn't even kill your teeth. And it's 71 cents for a ****ing two liter
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 09:32:08 »

We have diet pop. Diet pop is water but with flavour and texture and ****. It's perfectly fine for you and doesn't even kill your teeth. And it's 71 cents for a ****ing two liter

Tp4 withholding judgement until funkmon's veggie % status is known.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 10:49:01 »
I don't even remember the last time I licked a stamp since they're all stickers now. The glue on envelopes is slightly sweet, but I'm always afraid I'll get a papercut on my tongue.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 11:07:25 »
I don't even remember the last time I licked a stamp since they're all stickers now. The glue on envelopes is slightly sweet, but I'm always afraid I'll get a papercut on my tongue.

only go upwards, no cut.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 23:19:44 »

This literally happened to me today; I sent three letters and my tongue has a papercut near the tip. It weirdly doesn't hurt much but I am worried about infection.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 00:48:10 »

This literally happened to me today; I sent three letters and my tongue has a papercut near the tip. It weirdly doesn't hurt much but I am worried about infection.

Luckily the inside of the mouth heals quite rapidly, so you'll be ok. You can always use some mouth wash or hydrogen peroxide if you're really worried.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 04:33:25 »
has there been a study on how long germs can survive on licked envelopes ?

Offline fanpeople

Re: I like the taste of staI mps.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 05:04:36 »
I see someone has found some 70s dealer's LSD stash that accidentally ended up in circulation.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 05:07:13 »
I see someone has found some 70s dealer's LSD stash that accidentally ended up in circulation.

chyros said it's supposedly very easy to make at home.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 15:15:23 »

LOL

Offline Coreda

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 16:24:19 »
//Addiction ??

potentially carcinogenic

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 15:13:03 »

chyros said it's supposedly very easy to make at home.

Maybe, but I wouldn't trust me to make LSD.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 02:50:24 »
licking stuff... not my thing, but smelling...
I like to smell books. Or magazines. I started when I was 10 years old, smelling new pc games magazines.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 07:42:42 »
I like to smell books. Or magazines. I started when I was 10 years old, smelling new pc games magazines.

Tp4 jus smelled gameboy color. smells mostly like the handsoap tp uses

rubiks cube smells like an ether of sorts, def pretty toxic chemical-ee.. used krytox grease, so maybe it's that...

calculator, nothing..

paper, cardboard smell, or is it cardboard = paper smell.

keyboard, nothing.

Offline phinix

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 10:21:12 »

Tp4 jus smelled gameboy color. smells mostly like the handsoap tp uses

rubiks cube smells like an ether of sorts, def pretty toxic chemical-ee.. used krytox grease, so maybe it's that...

calculator, nothing..

paper, cardboard smell, or is it cardboard = paper smell.

keyboard, nothing.

books, man, books!  :p
Open in the middle and take a big sniff from center of it. Pick an old book.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 10:32:25 »

Pick an old book.

Unfortunately, there is a tipping point. I have a number of old books that I don't even want to touch any more due to skin sensitivities.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 10:40:18 »

Pick an old book.

Unfortunately, there is a tipping point. I have a number of old books that I don't even want to touch any more due to skin sensitivities.

Well, new ones smell as well :)