Author Topic: Question about Massdrop preference/favoritism  (Read 86058 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: Question about Massdrop preference/favoritism
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:41:35 »
Easy payments and short sorting and shipping times, customer service representatives to handle your claims, and wide availability of product all while being able to bring it to a larger customer base than the community has ever done?  MassDrop is probably the best thing to happen to the community.  It's brought in more buyers.  It's simplified buying.  It's simplified sorting and shipping of product.

For your list of problems with MassDrop, you can easily conjure up a larger list from community runs.  Just look at what some of those group buys have done.  We're talking about 2+ years where people have yet to receive product.  If you're going to cherry pick MassDrop's problems, you should at least cherry pick the communities problems as well and do a fair comparison.

You seem to have missed the entire point, so let me show it, and underline a word for you to make it more obvious:

pursuit of cash over pursuit of things related to this hobby.

On the other hand though,

SP= Shi*P

Is a bit too far and actually hurts a serious statement I'm trying to make here, so I'd appreciate if you discussed properly or not at all.

I wrote a very long post, only to erase it and replace with a scatological post. I don't want to say anything that could make sp change its mind. I just want sp to disappear. Their production is such low quality that I don't really understand what we're talking about. They're a fraud.

Giorgio
Engineer
Owner

So who makes a better quality product for tall and short profile spherical key caps with MX mount?

So who makes a better product than a product that no one else makes? You're different. You're unique. Does this make you automatically better than the others?

Giorgio
Owned
Show Image

Give me one example of how they have a bad product and are a fraud.  When was the last time you heard of a company operating as a fraud for close to 16 years.

Their product is good quality, and at reasonable prices consideration seeing everything that goes into it.

Plain and simple, chances are you will not be able to get molds created for any sculpted profile for less than the cost savings of the commission from PMK ver the course is of several years.

OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 16:01:28 »
Easy payments and short sorting and shipping times, customer service representatives to handle your claims, and wide availability of product all while being able to bring it to a larger customer base than the community has ever done?  MassDrop is probably the best thing to happen to the community.  It's brought in more buyers.  It's simplified buying.  It's simplified sorting and shipping of product.

For your list of problems with MassDrop, you can easily conjure up a larger list from community runs.  Just look at what some of those group buys have done.  We're talking about 2+ years where people have yet to receive product.  If you're going to cherry pick MassDrop's problems, you should at least cherry pick the communities problems as well and do a fair comparison.

You seem to have missed the entire point, so let me show it, and underline a word for you to make it more obvious:

SP= Shi*P

Is a bit too far and actually hurts a serious statement I'm trying to make here, so I'd appreciate if you discussed properly or not at all.

I wrote a very long post, only to erase it and replace with a scatological post. I don't want to say anything that could make sp change its mind. I just want sp to disappear. Their production is such low quality that I don't really understand what we're talking about. They're a fraud.

Giorgio
Engineer
Owner

So who makes a better quality product for tall and short profile spherical key caps with MX mount?

So who makes a better product than a product that no one else makes? You're different. You're unique. Does this make you automatically better than the others?

Giorgio
Owned
Show Image

Give me one example of how they have a bad product and are a fraud.  When was the last time you heard of a company operating as a fraud for close to 16 years.

Their product is good quality, and at reasonable prices consideration seeing everything that goes into it.

Plain and simple, chances are you will not be able to get molds created for any sculpted profile for less than the cost savings of the commission from PMK ver the course is of several years.

I enjoy too much their suicidal tendencies, I'm not gonna give you any example, sorry :-)

Offline zslane

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 16:16:41 »
I love spherical keycaps. I love the Round 5/6 colorways. I don't know any other way to get what I want except through group buys that deal with Signature Plastics. If there is an alternate source for what I want, I would dearly love to learn about it.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 16:57:10 »

SP= Shi*P

Giorgio
Engineer
Owner

Giorgio
Owned
Show Image

I enjoy too much their suicidal tendencies, I'm not gonna give you any example, sorry :-)

I think you might have SP and Unicomp mixed up.  I have yet to see any suicidal tendencies from SP.  They seem more than willing to work with us regarding issues with tooling, custom colors, custom legends, etc, all while providing a quality product.  Unicomp on the other hand all but refuses to work with customers regarding semi custom orders and that seems to change from a day to day basis.

Either way, your comments have no credibility and are not wanted here as they are projecting a bad reputation which we do not want to get started.  If you feel the need to voice your opinions on SP's quality and QC, feel free to, but please start your own thread.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:07:25 »
Either way, your comments have no credibility and are not wanted here as they are projecting a bad reputation which we do not want to get started.  If you feel the need to voice your opinions on SP's quality and QC, feel free to, but please start your own thread.

Agreed. Giorgio, if you're going to express negative opinions in this thread, do it in a respectful way.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:23:35 »

Agreed. Giorgio, if you're going to express negative opinions in this thread, do it in a respectful way.

It's hard to do, but we shouldn't feed the troll.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:23:57 »

SP= Shi*P

Giorgio
Engineer
Owner

Giorgio
Owned
Show Image

I think you might have SP and Unicomp mixed up.  I have yet to see any suicidal tendencies from SP.  They seem more than willing to work with us regarding issues with tooling, custom colors, custom legends, etc, all while providing a quality product.  Unicomp on the other hand all but refuses to work with customers regarding semi custom orders and that seems to change from a day to day basis.

A bad reputation. You've just been dumped and you worry about your reputation. You've already been told that money is the only thing that counts, and still you worry about respectability, about saving the appearances. What will the neighbours say, this is what counts for you. Your life will be fantastic.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:27:06 »
Thread owner.
Business owner.
You've found each other.

Giorgio.
Entitled to my opinion owner.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:28:05 »
I love spherical keycaps. I love the Round 5/6 colorways. I don't know any other way to get what I want except through group buys that deal with Signature Plastics. If there is an alternate source for what I want, I would dearly love to learn about it.

I agree and given the number of SA group buys, we're clearly not alone.  :thumb:

It's unfortunate that SP found that the cost of manufacturing was more than they estimated given how popular this profile has been. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the marketplace and if we actually see a huge price-per-set increase.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:44:25 »
Thread owner.
Business owner.
You've found each other.

Giorgio.

Someone is salty.

You give no actual benefit to the discussion besides immature bashing.

Go cry on one of your own threads.

Oh wait, he won't.. Because he is fishing for attention.

Kids...

None the less, SP does more then just making custom caps for this community and gave a respectable response.

If you like cherry and gateron then buy their products and gtfo this thread.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 18:10:17 »
Thread owner.
Business owner.
You've found each other.

Giorgio.

Someone is salty.

Kids...

None the less, SP does more then just making custom caps for this community and gave a respectable response.

I'm fishing for attention, when I ignore requests to discuss SP problems, and when I say that I'm happy to be a spectator of their suicide? You are not supposed to inhale the SP plastics fumes, you know.
In case you haven't notice, there is nothing to discuss, you're not part of any process, you're just a spectator. And this is the subject of the thread.

Owner.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 18:25:42 »
Thread owner.
Business owner.
You've found each other.

Giorgio.

Someone is salty.

Kids...

I'm fishing for attention, when I ignore requests to discuss SP problems, and when I say that I'm happy to be a spectator of their suicide? You are not supposed to inhale the SP plastics fumes, you know.
In case you haven't notice, there is nothing to discuss, you're not part of any process, you're just a spectator. And this is the subject of the thread.

Owner.

So many fallacies to your comments.

Not worth my time debating with ignorance.

You do you boo.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 19:49:21 »
Thread owner.
Business owner.
You've found each other.

Giorgio.

Someone is salty.

Kids...

Owner.

You're drunk.
Go home.

After seeing the MD sales numbers, SP is clearly not going anywhere.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 01:43:56 »
Thread owner.
Business owner.
You've found each other.

Giorgio.

Someone is salty.

Kids...

Owner.

So many fallacies to your comments.

Not worth my time debating with ignorance.

You do you boo.

Ignorance? You're the one being ignored by sp. Once more, your react doing nothing. And by praising those who ignore you, you justify their actions. "They will do nothing", they said. And you did nothing.

Offline KRKS

• Your friendly neighbourhood umbrella
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 09:53:07 »
You know giorgio, at this point I wonder whether SP hired you to make people with legitimate concerns look bad.
The increasing power of Massdrop WILL kill the community group buys - don't come crying to me after it happens when you're too stupid to see it now. Join me in saving the community!

MD = NO $, NO EXCEPTIONS

Offline zslane

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 10:42:35 »
Ignored? You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 11:06:08 »
Ignored? You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

A message from Andrew Carnegie
    http://bfy.tw/40I7

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 11:10:37 »

"Disregard intentionally". Yepp, definitelly what SP are doing... ._.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 13:47:12 »

OMG

Intentionally disregard everything which is not massdrop.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 14:26:33 »

OMG

Intentionally disregard everything which is not massdrop.

He was referring to how you took the word "ignorance" and somehow came out with "ignored"

I was just assuming your English was bad.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 14:29:30 »
Hi! Let's get back on topic now. :thumb:

I believe Bob's post pretty much addresses the OP, but if there are any related questions or discussion feel free.

Giorgio: drop it
Everyone else: also drop it

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 18:24:40 »
Removed all off-topic posts since hashbaz warned y'all. Lets keep it on topic please.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 23:22:43 »

SP= Shi*P

Pursuit of cash is what every for-profit business does.  SP doing it is of no surprise no concern for me.  Further, the post from Bob gives us more information into their side of the house.  I'm fine with the pursuit of cash for designers wanting to get a bit back via MD and PMk systems via their respective royalty systems as well.