Author Topic: What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?  (Read 606624 times)

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?
« on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 22:51:02 »
I'm using Arch at home and Ubuntu at work.

Whats the general GH Linux concensus?
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 22:59:00 »
I primarily use Ubuntu with Gnome classic at home. At work I'm forced to use Windows. :(

I've tried most distros, and keep coming back to 'buntu, because I'm very familiar with it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:01:49 »
I use funtoo, and it was my first linux distro. I'm planning on trying arch some time soon on one of my spare computers though.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:06:43 »
Redhat at work, Windows at home.  If I did serious coding at home I would definitely have a linux install, but for browsing and chatting Windows does just fine.  In the past I've done dual boot setups at home with Windows + Ubuntu or Fedora, and ended up never booting into linux.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:07:25 »
I primarily use Ubuntu with Gnome classic at home. At work I'm forced to use Windows. :(

I've tried most distros, and keep coming back to 'buntu, because I'm very familiar with it.

Cant go wrong with Ubuntu, was my first Distro and still use it daily.

I use funtoo, and it was my first linux distro. I'm planning on trying arch some time soon on one of my spare computers though.

Been meaning to try funtoo, whats the longest you've had an install for?

Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:08:20 »
Ubuntu at the moment, but all new servers are created with CentOS and I'm trying to find excuses (and time0 to upgrade Ubuntu servers to CentOS.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:08:48 »
Redhat at work, Windows at home.  If I did serious coding at home I would definitely have a linux install, but for browsing and chatting Windows does just fine.  In the past I've done dual boot setups with Ubuntu and Fedora at home and ended up never booting them.

Do you like Redhat? I could never get into it -- the way everything is organized in the file system has always really bugged me.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:10:04 »
Redhat at work, Windows at home.  If I did serious coding at home I would definitely have a linux install, but for browsing and chatting Windows does just fine.  In the past I've done dual boot setups with Ubuntu and Fedora at home and ended up never booting them.

Do you like Redhat? I could never get into it -- the way everything is organized in the file system has always really bugged me.

Ubuntu at the moment, but all new servers are created with CentOS and I'm trying to find excuses (and time0 to upgrade Ubuntu servers to CentOS.

Do you like CentOS. Have a few servers at work that use it but it drives me up a wall.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:12:13 »

I only just jumped on the linux bandwagon, so I've been using it for about 4 months. Haven't really run into any problems. It's definitely worth a try, but if you don't have the time/patience to compile everything, then it's a horrible choice.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:12:47 »
Using Arch on my RasPi. Ubuntu at work when I have the choice. We have a lot of CentOS running in production at work, so I spend a lot of time with it. I want to spend some time with Linux Mint when I have a chance.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:13:05 »

Do you like CentOS. Have a few servers at work that use it but it drives me up a wall.

So far, yes.

So far I have one physical server running it, mostly just a file server.  And one VM with a few dev tools that I use for about 25% of my programming work.

What is it that drives you up the wall with CentOS?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:13:14 »
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my droplet on DigitalOcean is Ubuntu Server. :D

I tried CentOS, but again the familiarity pulled me back.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:15:04 »

I'm ambivalent I suppose, as an end-user.  The systems folks manage everything so I can't speak to that end of it.  Mainly I love the vim + terminal workflow and tiling window managers, which will work on any distro.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:17:06 »

So far, yes.

So far I have one physical server running it, mostly just a file server.  And one VM with a few dev tools that I use for about 25% of my programming work.

One example of my annoyence with CentOS is how they handle the network interfaces. I really like the /etc/network/interfaces file in Ubuntu. Everything in one place. In CentOS you have to go into that net-cfg folder, I think, something like that (network-scripts maybe?) and edit the different IPs, netmasks, etc for the interfaces. You then have to go to a seperate file and edit the gateway, broadcast. Like, I just dont understand why they did that, why not consolidate it all in one file? Its things like that that irritate me about CentOS. Just like, the whole file layout/hierarchy.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:20:14 »

I only just jumped on the linux bandwagon, so I've been using it for about 4 months. Haven't really run into any problems. It's definitely worth a try, but if you don't have the time/patience to compile everything, then it's a horrible choice.

What distro are you using that you have to compile everything? Most linux distro have better package managers than "modern" OSes.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:22:17 »

What distro are you using that you have to compile everything? Most linux distro have better package managers than "modern" OSes.

He's using funtoo -- yay compiling and c-flags!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:22:39 »
Funtoo, it's a derivative of gentoo. It allows for optimized performance by only compiling the features of a program that you will actually use.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:25:41 »
I used Red Hat from ~96 to 2002.. Debian ever since. Personally, not a fan of all the 'extra' stuff (...and their dependencies) many distros install.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:28:30 »
I used Red Hat from ~96 to 2002.. Debian ever since. Personally, not a fan of all the 'extra' stuff (...and their dependencies) many distros install.

A man after my own heart. dpkg master race reporting in.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:34:14 »
Xubuntu here. I'm not a big fan of all the eye-candy that you get with K?ubuntu by default. I would use CentOS (I've got a VM because we have CentOS servers in production and gotta make sure stuff's compatible), but I tend to stay on the bleeding edge, and CentOS's packages are usually quite out of date (as they prioritize stability over having the latest features).

My main box is Win 8, run my *nix boxes under VirtualBox.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:35:00 »

So far, yes.

CentOS is often considered to be the best for production machines. This is mainly because it is much slower to pick up recent software changes. This makes it more long term stable, but not having recent versions of software can sometimes be annoying. Eg: Python defaults to version 2.6 and yum depends on that version, so you can't upgrade the default python version or yum will break. There are ways around this, but this is the type of thing you have to deal with when using CentOS.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:37:11 »
Funtoo, it's a derivative of gentoo. It allows for optimized performance by only compiling the features of a program that you will actually use.

I thought I was crazy for using arch.  Thats Loco. :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:40:09 by swill »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:51:04 »
Gentoo? psssshhh....

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:52:29 »
Gentoo? psssshhh....

Show Image

Lol, great strip. In all seriousness though, vim masterrace reporting in.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:54:26 »

So far, yes.

One example of my annoyence with CentOS is how they handle the network interfaces. I really like the /etc/network/interfaces file in Ubuntu. Everything in one place. In CentOS you have to go into that net-cfg folder, I think, something like that (network-scripts maybe?) and edit the different IPs, netmasks, etc for the interfaces. You then have to go to a seperate file and edit the gateway, broadcast. Like, I just dont understand why they did that, why not consolidate it all in one file? Its things like that that irritate me about CentOS. Just like, the whole file layout/hierarchy.

I haven't had to worry about that yet.  As long as you remember to check "initialise interfaces at startup" or something, LAN connectivity is enabled at boot time (it is strange that it is not enabled by default).

Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:56:24 »
Gentoo? psssshhh....

Show Image

Lol, great strip. In all seriousness though, vim masterrace reporting in.

In the terminal vim is king. I usually use sublime text otherwise (but that's off topic)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:58:12 »
Gentoo? psssshhh....

Show Image

I had this very strip hanging outside my office for a year or two.  One of the best xkcds ever, and that's saying a lot. :)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 01:35:12 »
I prefer Debian with Cinnamon, which Mint now offers.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 01:58:21 »
I use Manjaro.
I also use i3 as my window manager.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:30:12 »
I use Manjaro.
I also use i3 as my window manager.

I'm really impressed with Manjaro. Been using Arch for ages, but I really like how they package it, still need to check it out.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:32:31 »
Archlinux since 2008 and before that Slackware. Linux is only fun when it's hard and nothing works.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:41:33 »
Archlinux since 2008 and before that Slackware. Linux is only fun when it's hard and nothing works.

Love Arch, just wondering, why did you switch from Slackware?

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 11:45:30 »
debian with gnome

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 12:13:37 »

Love Arch, just wondering, why did you switch from Slackware?

It got to the point where having a package manager during daily operation was actually quite nice. Slackware's package manager only exists at install time. After that it's make && make install all the way.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 12:18:29 »
Arch Linux!

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 12:26:20 »
I use debian, though I have considered trying arch as a learning experience.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline wyatt8740

• Machine code enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 12:56:52 »
Arch on my iMac and Linuxmint (debian based) on my homebuilt computer. I use mint for my games mostly, because it's already got most of what games need. I use arch for programming. I use MATE (a GNOME 2 fork that is actually being maintained and developed) for both of them.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 12:58:57 by wyatt8740 »
I don't usually collect things, but when I do, they're from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. My typing speed: 79 WPM
IBM Model M 1386303, 1987 / IBM Model M 1391401, 1993 / IBM Model M 59G7980, 1993 / Unicomp "Mini M" UT40E7A (modded), 2021 / Dell AT101W, 1994 (Black Alps) / Apple Extended Keyboard (Orange Alps), 1987 / Sun Type 5, unknown year (Rubber Dome)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:02:38 »
This is a great thread. Love all the quality input and experience.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:12:09 »
Kubuntu dual booted with Windows 7 on desktop.

Offline dante

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:00:52 »
Mint/XFCE

Offline CJNE

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:12:45 »
I use Arch Linux with awesome wm on the laptop, at work we have a mix of Ubuntu and CentOS on the servers.
OS X for my main workstations but i'm getting tempted now and then to run Linux on there as well, i really like Awesome and there are nothing quite as good for OS X.
HHKBP2 black and blank - HHKBP2-S white - Filco TKL Majestouch, MX brown - ErgoDox classic MX blue - ErgoDox Czarek case, MX clear and brown

Offline blackbox

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:15:57 »
Linux mint 16 with cinnamon here. Previously used fedora, aptosid, sidux, ubuntu and debian on my main pc.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:24:53 »
Linux mint 16 with cinnamon here. Previously used fedora, aptosid, sidux, ubuntu and debian on my main pc.

This is what I want to try.  Are you enjoying this setup?

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 17:49:44 »
At home I dual-boot With Debian with Gnome 3 and Windows (Windows for most games, Debian for everything else). At school I'm forced to use Windows, despite my computing course demanding that we should have experience with more than one OS (Which consisted of us using a raspberry pi  with Raspbian for one hour Ughhhh - such a waste of time) which of course has been no problem for me, but for the majority of people in my Class has been difficult. First used Ubuntu at the age of 11 on an old laptop that was given to me by a relative. I think it's the reason that I'm so into computers now.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 23:17:57 »
I've been using Funtoo for the past 3 years. My current installs are both two years old, and still running excellent. I really enjoy Funtoo. Lately, I've been giving i3 a shot as my window manager. I'm really enjoying it, but it is taking some time to get away from my e17 workflow.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline blackbox

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 02:11:33 »

This is what I want to try.  Are you enjoying this setup?

Absolutley. Works very smootly on this rugged laptop:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48024.msg1261952#msg1261952
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 02:15:36 »
I use debian, though I have considered trying arch as a learning experience.

the only thing you learn by installing arch is arch... which is nice if you want to learn arch i suppose.

i use crunchbang for workstations and debian for servers... i like openbox and crunchbang comes out of the box with a decent font config so... that's pretty much my criteria right there. always preferred .deb distros for no particular reason but i'm mostly agnostic. use what you like, use what works... it's the beauty of linux.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline avtar

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 02:38:16 »
I use CentOS for servers. I've been trying Arch and i3 for my own computer at work but I'm probably going to go back to Debian Testing.

Offline jdeblese

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 04:23:28 »
Another vote for Slackware! Been using it for the past ten years and wouldn't dream of switching. I use enough odd software that I prefer that make && make install is the standard method.

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 05:47:21 »
I used LinuxMint for my desktop