geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Båge - AEK Curved O-ring mount 60 - Vendor Updated, New Prototype

<< < (2/14) > >>

treypop:
I love the big ass enter support. What style of BAE will it support?

nachie:

--- Quote from: LightningXI on Wed, 11 May 2022, 18:43:24 ---Down to support a nachie project. I have confidence it'll be good.

--- End quote ---

Wew! I appreciate the vote of confidence fam, you will find out soon enough  :D

--- Quote from: treypop on Wed, 11 May 2022, 20:17:49 ---I love the big ass enter support. What style of BAE will it support?

--- End quote ---

The PCB is essentially a modified paladin64 layout wise. So it supports 3 different locations for ALPS BAE, but does not support the M0116 enter. However, I'd like to re-iterate that this is specifically designed for AEK caps, so normal OEM profile caps, or DSA caps will look funky on it. I just added the full pcb layout support on here for completeness.

--- Quote from: nevin on Wed, 11 May 2022, 19:10:00 ---looks great! good luck with the project!
any alps love is more than welcome!
... (personally, i think these type of boards should be alps only, but that would severely decrease your numbers, so i get it. i felt the same way about the "modern m0110" & "molly")

any way to do a halfplate? not familiar enough with the GSKT-00 style mounting.... do the bands go around the pcb or the plate?

i remember talking to you at one point somewhere online. (was probably about the paladin pad)

--- End quote ---

Thank you :) This is that ALPS only board. I won't be offering any MX plates with it. PCB supports MX Screw-ins, but that's again so that multiple projects can use the same PCB.
For the mounting, this does not use a two piece case like the GSKT-00, it uses a single piece construction like the Bakeneko. The o-ring sits around the switches between the pcb and the plate and that's how this friction fits into the case.
A half-plate could technically be made, but then you'd be limited to using SKCL greens with leds (ALPS switches don't pcb mount without them), so even though its possible, its not very useful :)
Ah, the paladinpad, could be, those are still stocked by RNDKBD btw ;)  :thumb:

--- Quote from: darthcapn on Wed, 11 May 2022, 18:10:04 ---Let's gooo! How come we didn't talk about this the other day! Count me in!!

--- End quote ---

We did, but not in full detail  :))

--- Quote from: robotictomato on Wed, 11 May 2022, 19:33:41 ---Yes - very excited about this. Totally in - anything that uses classic Alps sets like AEK is a win in my book.

--- End quote ---

AEK FTW always! Lets goo!

Kokaloo:
aww yiss great alternative since Lunar has been hard to get a hold of. Bottom row support for Tai Hao caps (regular ansi) would be nice if you're able to include that!

ankit:
This is very cool. Absolutely love the side profile.

linell:
this is sick :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version