geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?

<< < (529/550) > >>

user 18:
A reboot is probably worth a try. Been a long time since I've done this myself, so don't remember if that was necessary or not.

Leslieann:
There's tens of thousands of fonts.
They do not need to be Linux or MS, just search for fonts.

Beware, you will get overwhelmed quickly.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Mon, 20 June 2022, 10:00:36 ---There's tens of thousands of fonts.

--- End quote ---

No doubt about that. My question is how to get them incorporated into LibreOffice Writer.

For example, if I wanted to type "This is a Test" and print it in Cooper Black (or a clone of it).

Leslieann:
In Plasma and Cinnamon, double click a TTF file and the viewer should offer an install option. Worked for me in both, probably other D.E.'s as well.

In both cases you will need to restart Office.
Also, many font places are scams, so beware, first place I downloaded from (first hit in DuckDuckGo) wasn't actually a font.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Mon, 20 June 2022, 19:47:35 ---
double click a TTF file and the viewer should offer an install option.

--- End quote ---

Excellent, thank you. Worked fine in Cinnamon/LibreOffice and I didn't even have to restart.

So it will be a matter of installing fonts one at a time, no particular problem beyond tracking them down.

This whole thing is a slow process for a long-time MicroSoft user, you guys are a priceless resource. I just hope that others can follow in these footsteps and cut down on their own time and frustration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version