Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 473912 times)

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
Re: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB
« Reply #2400 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 14:38:31 »
I can't say I am that bothered but my blue set has 2 'D' and no 'S'  :))
My 'O' is also a different shade of blue

Is there anything being done about missing caps/incorrect caps etc?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43745.msg1141653#msg1141653

Related to above question

Offline pdiddy

« Reply #2401 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 19:48:35 »
Still havn't received mine. :(

Has anyone / everyone in Australia already received them?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2402 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 21:31:34 »

I have not, although it is rumoured that there is a package in the PO Box, but (a) no guarantee that it is Tai Hao, and (b) no parking anywhere near the PO today.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KyesaRRi

« Reply #2403 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 01:45:18 »
Have not received mine yet, from Aus too.

Offline berrymxblue

« Reply #2404 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 02:46:46 »
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the smooth group buy. I'm amazed how quickly it went considering the size of the undertaking. Thanks again.

Offline Donbabbeo

« Reply #2405 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 07:55:48 »
Received the package!

I've only checked only 2 sets of 11 ordered, but so far so good  :D

Thanks Elton!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2406 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 19:23:53 »

I managed to get to the PO Box today - no Tai Hao :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #2407 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 16:35:05 »
I just wanted to confirm for people in the Philippines in this thread that the key caps have arrived. I received a notice from the post office about a parcel that arrived from Canada. It's the only thing I'm expecting (that's coming from Canada), so I'm sure it's my 4 sets!

On to the bad news, now I have to wait until the 26th to pick it up... crap! Postal office is too far away and I'm just doing too much stuff for the holidays!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2408 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:50:12 »
Tuesday 24th here - no Tai Hao (although KeyPop package did arrive).

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #2409 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 07:22:24 »
Hey elton , I havent received them yet

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #2410 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 02:40:08 »
I just wanted to confirm for people in the Philippines in this thread that the key caps have arrived. I received a notice from the post office about a parcel that arrived from Canada. It's the only thing I'm expecting (that's coming from Canada), so I'm sure it's my 4 sets!

On to the bad news, now I have to wait until the 26th to pick it up... crap! Postal office is too far away and I'm just doing too much stuff for the holidays!

I finally got what was waiting for me in the post office but it was the space bars and not the key caps. Oh well the sets should arrive in a week or so. . . I guess...  ;D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2411 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 17:05:32 »
why am I so lazy ugh
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2412 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 19:54:04 »
Friday 27th - no Tai Hao.

I am not panicking yet - still another couple of weeks until they are officially late.

Offline babychoy

« Reply #2413 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 21:17:34 »

I finally got what was waiting for me in the post office but it was the space bars and not the key caps. Oh well the sets should arrive in a week or so. . . I guess...  ;D

We just conducted a Tai Hao group buy here in the Philippines. There were 18 of us in the buy; everyone got their sets three weeks ago through a meetup. Now, we are all just waiting for the spacebars. I wish you'd have joined us, though. ;)

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #2414 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 06:44:28 »

We just conducted a Tai Hao group buy here in the Philippines. There were 18 of us in the buy; everyone got their sets three weeks ago through a meetup. Now, we are all just waiting for the spacebars. I wish you'd have joined us, though. ;)

If you guys are ever planning to do another round PM me dude!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2415 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 20:39:44 »
Tuesday 31-Dec-2013 - no Tai Hao :(

Hopefully early next year.

Anyone else in Australia got theirs yet?

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2416 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 21:24:45 »
Tuesday 31-Dec-2013 - no Tai Hao :(

Hopefully early next year.

Anyone else in Australia got theirs yet?

I have not, still waiting on 6 sets.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #2417 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 05:31:07 »
Package received, I'm living the multicolor keycap craziness :D

I also have my spacebars. Great GB! :)  :thumb:

Offline mapple

« Reply #2418 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 06:27:17 »
well i got mine over a month ago but didn't had time to open and put on keyboard.........
anyways now crazyness:P

In God We Trust

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #2419 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 07:51:37 »
Hmm... still waiting for mine (EU).
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #2420 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 18:48:45 »
Still waiting as well  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2421 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 19:06:57 »
Still waiting in Australia too.

I received a large box on Friday, but it turned out to be a new keyboard :))

Offline pdiddy

« Reply #2422 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 00:51:46 »
Yep, still waiting for mine as well.

Annoyed I didn't get in on the space bar GB. My QFR space bar will look awfully out of place.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 January 2014, 00:53:45 by pdiddy »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2423 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 01:08:24 »
Yep, still waiting for mine as well.

Annoyed I didn't get in on the space bar GB. My QFR space bar will look awfully out of place.  :rolleyes:

You could try some of the polycarb space bars from KeyPop: http://www.keypop.net/products

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #2424 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 01:29:01 »
My sets arrived today! Australia.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2425 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 02:51:59 »
My sets arrived today! Australia.

Today?

Saturday?!?

I don't think I get weekend deliveries in Melbourne :(

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #2426 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 04:24:31 »
Picked it up from the post office apparently they tried to deliver it yesterday. Should have been a bit clearer.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2427 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 04:30:09 »
Picked it up from the post office apparently they tried to deliver it yesterday. Should have been a bit clearer.

Aha!  Mine was not in my PO Box as of yesterday afternoon.  So nothing until Monday.  I hope they arrive Monday, or Tuesday at the latest, as I am back to work after that.

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #2428 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 17:51:45 »
All 6 of my sets are complete, no missing caps or duplicates.

Thanks for running this Elton!

Offline pdiddy

« Reply #2429 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 21:30:34 »
Got mine today.

Cheers Elton

Offline babyface

« Reply #2430 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 22:03:59 »
Aussie checking in! Got mine today in the mail!
Where do you get the idea that an LZ-GH is basically a filco??

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2431 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 22:08:59 »
It took 2 months getting to the other side of the world... :O  Glad the packages made it there safely..even to remote places like Tasmania :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2432 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 22:29:56 »
Mine has arrived today - many thanks Elton, I can only imagine how much effort went into coordinating this, them packaging and posting so many keycaps.

I am yet to check for completeness of sets - my daughter has my laminated keyboard chart to check her set atm :))

Edit: All sets complete and accounted for - thanks :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2014, 02:58:34 by rowdy »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #2433 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 21:52:31 »
got mein long time a go, but here how they look paired with the WASD V2
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2014, 22:02:43 by bazemk1979 »
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline legodt

« Reply #2434 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 23:43:46 »
A fullsize board with greens? Wow, 10/10

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2435 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 08:03:41 »
If anyone is interested. News on TH in Chinese.

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 08:18:38 by elton5354 »

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #2436 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 08:18:32 »

FTFY

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2437 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 08:19:19 »
Lol yeah, I was on the phone and can't get the correct link.  Fixed it now that I'm on a computer.

Offline pasph

« Reply #2438 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 09:19:03 »
Alps keycaps anyone?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #2439 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:13:22 »
What do you guys think of this?

Any interests?

Show Image

Show Image

Received my sets earlier this week (1x black, 1x blue) in a very roundabout fashion via Germany (had to bail on the original GB basically due to lack of funding) to Melbourne, Australia. Very happy with the quality I must say!

The off-centre stem on the caps lock is no good with my Cherry G80, and the space bar is no good with my Ducky, but aside from that, everything lines up great.

Is there any further progress / interest on the sets above (white DS caps with coloured legends)? Really keen to get some :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:15:50 by sonic_the_hedgehog »
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #2440 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:48:02 »

Elton what you think of this 2 sets for the next GB? Color combos shouldn't be huge problem since looks like 100% Tai Hao caps. I would love to have 2 tone retro style sets as in the pics below, white/beige & look alike Dolch

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #2441 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 09:21:56 »
Elton what you think of this 2 sets for the next GB? Color combos shouldn't be huge problem since looks like 100% Tai Hao caps. I would love to have 2 tone retro style sets as in the pics below, white/beige & look alike Dolch

Show Image

Show Image

Oh yes. Would definitely go for either.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #2442 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 19:52:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oh yes. Would definitely go for either.

Would go for both in a heart beat

Offline grandtheftspaceman

« Reply #2443 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 05:08:45 »
Another Aussie reporting in. I picked up my caps yesterday (they arrived at the PO a few days prior). My red set was perfect, but my black set had two F2 keys and no F12, its not a huge a deal though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2444 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 17:41:46 »
Is there a thread somewhere that people can list the mistakes in their Tai Hao?

Although unless not everyone is reporting omissions/duplicates, there seem to be very few errors, especially considering how many sets were ordered.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2445 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 18:40:06 »
Yeah, I only had a handful reporting to me about missing keys. If I make a thread, where should it be?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2446 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 18:48:08 »
Actually I have not idea!

The Keycaps section would seem to be a good place - but who would think to look there?

A new thread in Group Buys is not really appropriate, as it is not a new group buy.

And anyway, the few with erroneous sets is generally only one key duplicated, and many if not most people would have posted here.

BTW I put some of my blue Tau Hao onto my KeyCool and took it outside for a photo shoot.  I noticed that some of the legends are a bit smeared, and the plastic on some keys is not consistent (the right Shift, for example).  I hadn't noticed either of these while indoors, either sorting through the keycaps or fitting them on the keyboard.  Might just be under brighter light it shows up.

50530-0

50532-1

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #2447 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 19:27:37 »
Yeah, I only had a handful reporting to me about missing keys. If I make a thread, where should it be?

Elton you said that's Tai Hao will be responsible for errors with their keys, are they still standing behind their promise? or you waiting for everybody to receive their sets, check them out, and add a note to this thread for keycaps replacements, or open a new thread for that?

I would be so impressed if Tai Hao takes care of it, I will be in all TH GB's down the road if that's the case.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #2448 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 01:53:48 »

From this video I wonder if those ALPS switches were made inhouse by Tai Hao too...

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline dragonken

« Reply #2449 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:35:01 »
I received the key sets last week but found the yellow set have the 'G' key missed and with an extra 'D' key.