Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 473023 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB
« Reply #2500 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:02:32 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56422.msg1277745#msg1277745

so tai hao is really working on those color options

That Dolch one looks good - I might finally be able to afford a Dolch set!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #2501 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 09:52:16 »
I realise this is really late to the party, but I only just got around to actually putting the Tai Hao caps on a Cherry G80 board.

They don't look or feel as nice as my Ducky Thick PBT's, but they're 100% better than the dirty old lasered ones that came with it. With a quick scrub and the Tai Hao caps, the board looks pretty much brand new.

I've missed quite a bit of the backstory but did anyone manage to find a suitable capslock key solution for use with Cherry boards?

I'm not stressed about it being stepped (in fact I'd prefer if it wasn't stepped) but having the stem in the right place would be great  :))

The only solution I can think of at this stage is to cut the "stem hole" off the Caps Lock key and move it over and super glue it back on.

If I seriously mess it up, I can get spare stem holes off the blank keys (my set came with 4x 1.5, 3x 1.25 and 2x 1), as long as I don't cut through the top of the Caps Lock in the process.

But surely there has to be a better way?

Also what size is the Caps Lock key? It seems to be slightly larger than my blank 1.25x and smaller than 2 1x keys side by side...
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2502 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 10:28:17 »
Well, sorry for the delay for those with missing key caps. I had Tai Hao agree to ship each person their missing keys for free. I'll be providing them the info tonight when they're back to work.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #2503 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 10:30:30 »
Well, sorry for the delay for those with missing key caps. I had Tai Hao agree to ship each person their missing keys for free. I'll be providing them the info tonight when they're back to work.

Thanks, you are awesome.

Offline Neal

« Reply #2504 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 16:18:10 »
Just wanted to say that I got my missing key today, I think it came straight from Tai Hao.

Thanks so much, couldn't ask for more!

Offline BobThompkins

« Reply #2505 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 19:31:37 »
Yep, got my missing key too! Thanks elton, you're the greatest.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #2506 on: Sat, 10 May 2014, 23:01:27 »
Received my missing caps but instead of getting 1x blank red I received 1.25x.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #2507 on: Sat, 10 May 2014, 23:10:39 »
Received my missing caps but instead of getting 1x blank red I received 1.25x.

:'(
sad face, thats unfortunate

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2508 on: Sat, 10 May 2014, 23:42:21 »
It was their error since my excel sheet I sent them for the missing keys has the 1x blank under your name.  I hope they reship that key as their expense as it was their error :)

Not sure if they will do the same with your group buy Harry.  They said it was a "special" circumstance for me

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #2509 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 00:25:32 »
It was their error since my excel sheet I sent them for the missing keys has the 1x blank under your name.  I hope they reship that key as their expense as it was their error :)

Not sure if they will do the same with your group buy Harry.  They said it was a "special" circumstance for me

Elton May I ask you something ?
Did u tell taihao you are getting the keycaps for gb purpose?

I didn't tell them about the gb stuff cuz I fear they wouldn't give us the lowest price as all of us are direct consumers. But for your case I suppose they actually know that was a gb? Or they wouldn't sent missing caps directly to customers I guess

I'm considering to tell them directly about this. Maybe they would notice about our needs

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2510 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 12:16:17 »

I didn't tell them about the gb stuff cuz I fear they wouldn't give us the lowest price as all of us are direct consumers. But for your case I suppose they actually know that was a gb? Or they wouldn't sent missing caps directly to customers I guess

I'm considering to tell them directly about this. Maybe they would notice about our needs

Yeah, I had them know that I was doing a group buy. 

It might be different now since they are getting a lot of orders for their key caps after my group buy, so they jacked up the prices and have a lot of buyers from businesses.  They might not give their lowest prices now because of businesses might complain to Tai Hao about not maintaining the retail cost and what not to keep competitive..

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #2511 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 12:20:11 »

Yeah, I had them know that I was doing a group buy. 

It might be different now since they are getting a lot of orders for their key caps after my group buy, so they jacked up the prices and have a lot of buyers from businesses.  They might not give their lowest prices now because of businesses might complain to Tai Hao about not maintaining the retail cost and what not to keep competitive..

same thought
thx for you info elton

i shall make an agreement with them about the missing keys then
or i will be in big trouble if things went wrong

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #2512 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 12:33:28 »
Can't see myself on the new spreadsheet. I was paid on the old one :/ ... Any news Ghostofharry?

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #2513 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 12:40:49 »
Can't see myself on the new spreadsheet. I was paid on the old one :/ ... Any news Ghostofharry?

Got the thread confused with the Tai Hao doublshots one....panic over.