Author Topic: First mech kb 65%  (Read 862 times)

Offline agup

First mech kb 65%
« on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 18:21:14 »
Hello, fellow community members,

I'm new to the forum and also to the world of mechanical keyboards. Got introduced to this wonderful phenomenon a couple of weeks ago and already working on getting my first kbd. I have my requirements jotted down but unable to find something that fits the bill, and this is where I could really use some help!

This is what I want:
1. 65% layout (really need those arrow keys)
2. Hot-swappable (essential - considering it's my first time)
3. Bluetooth connectivity to multiple computers (i work with at least 2 computers and need easy switching between the two)
4. Compatibility with Mac and PC (one is Windows and the other is Mac)
5. RGB (would love it, not a necessity really)
6. Programmability (like QMK) - this is really optional - would be good to have from a futuristic point of view
7. Budget - $100-150

Now, I've been researching over many websites and haven't come across any other options apart from Keychron K6. This meets all the requirements except for QMK. Another limitation is the look - I find it quite boring with the black/gray keycaps.

I'm ready to go custom but haven't come across a single 65% PCB that's wireless, hot-swappable, and has RBG.

Any ideas or information would be helpful here! What other keycaps could I use if I go with K6, something that makes the RGB shine through nicely? Or a PCB that meets my requirements that I can build upon?

Appreciate any kinds of inputs!

Thanks!

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: First mech kb 65%
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 18:46:37 »
I know keychron and epomaker both make BT 65% I think. SK68 and K(somenumber)

Offline agup

Re: First mech kb 65%
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 21:56:16 »
Thanks so much for that quick insight!! I didn't know about Epomaker and after checking it out, seems like I'm falling in love..! Looking at SK68S and GK68XS -- tough choice! :)