Author Topic: Goodwill find!  (Read 3367 times)

Offline fluxrez

Goodwill find!
« on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 01:32:47 »
Found a Packard Bell keyboard at the thrift store.  I pulled off a keycap and noticed it looked similar to the cherry MX keycaps.  Took it home and sure enough they work.  They are a little worn smooth but I love the new look!

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 26282[/ATTACH]

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 26283[/ATTACH]

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
Goodwill find!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 01:44:48 »
good find!  Are they double shots?

Offline forTruce

Goodwill find!
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 01:52:02 »
I think I should probably drop into some local thrift stores and see if I can make a nice find like so.  Inspiration for my breaks from studying this weekend, I thank you.  Also, very nice find.
         Dell AT101W    Leopold TKL Blue (damaged)

Offline dreamingftw

Goodwill find!
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 04:17:45 »
Great find. The only thing I've ever found at my local goodwill was a Dell with black alps. Went many times after that hoping to find something good but nothing. Congrats.

Offline fluxrez

Goodwill find!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 09:26:30 »
They are not double shots.

It was actually a goodwill outlet.  Much better place for keyboards than goodwill.  And they charge $1.49 per lb.

Offline BiNiaRiS

Goodwill find!
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 13:33:38 »
Quote from: fluxrez;413905
They are not double shots.

It was actually a goodwill outlet.  Much better place for keyboards than goodwill.  And they charge $1.49 per lb.

Most of the old vintage keyboards end up at the goodwill by the pounds. I have 3 store in my area and I hit up 2 of them almost weekly.

I'm not sure how they manage the Goodwill stores in Cali (the stores down there are way different than up here) but on heavy items you can ask them to reprice them.

They always mark keyboards at $2 for me and I've found 3 Model Ms there so far. I've only found one decent keyboard at a regular Goodwill.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)

Offline ironman31

Goodwill find!
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 September 2011, 15:03:27 »
I have a selectric 2 I got from a school warehouse for free. I need to clean it up and restore it one of these days
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Goodwill find!
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 September 2011, 21:05:30 »
2 comments -

First, I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area, and was told by a fairly high-up manager a year ago that Goodwill was no longer allowed to sell any type of computer gear, presumably because it competes with computer stores. Is this just an Atlanta thing?

Second, I have 2 nice Packard Bell keyboards that I would sell pretty cheap.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fluxrez

Goodwill find!
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 September 2011, 22:31:16 »
Quote from: harrymoss;415796
2 comments -

First, I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area, and was told by a fairly high-up manager a year ago that Goodwill was no longer allowed to sell any type of computer gear, presumably because it competes with computer stores. Is this just an Atlanta thing?

Second, I have 2 nice Packard Bell keyboards that I would sell pretty cheap.

Wow, over in communist Atlanta Georgia goodwills are not allowed to sell computer parts?  I highly doubt the goodwills take any business from electronic stores...  I don't see many tape players and vcrs at my local Best Buy.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Goodwill find!
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 07:25:18 »
A lot of thrift shops will no longer take any computer equipment and sometimes any type of electronics. The ones that do accept in my area require you to fill out a form now. The reason is because too many people were leaving non working items to avoid having to pay e-waste fees.