Author Topic: Loose key caps?  (Read 10427 times)

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
Loose key caps?
« on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 18:08:01 »
I was toying with my new Leopold when I noticed that several of the keycaps in the f-row, number row, and navigation cluster were very loose. Like, could be pulled off with 2 fingers and little force loose. The stems don't seem to be broken, and the caps are the stock ones that came with it, according to the GHer I bought it from. Any easy fix for these, or should I just buy a new set of caps?
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
Loose key caps?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 18:40:21 »
Quote from: Quarzac;428066
I was toying with my new Leopold when I noticed that several of the keycaps in the f-row, number row, and navigation cluster were very loose. Like, could be pulled off with 2 fingers and little force loose. The stems don't seem to be broken, and the caps are the stock ones that came with it, according to the GHer I bought it from. Any easy fix for these, or should I just buy a new set of caps?

I am able to easy remove my FILCO keycaps with 2 fingers.

Ask the #1 expert in the galaxy, what is the (min, avg, max)  load required to pull a keycap (each row) for Leopold/FLICO boards?

Cheers
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Loose key caps?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 18:47:51 »
On my MJ2 Tenkeyless, the PBT caps from imsto are super tight. However, on my full size MJ1 (both boards are browns, mind you), every single cap went on without any friction. I could hold the board upside down and most would fall off.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
Loose key caps?
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 18:59:47 »
So... This is normalish? I guess I won't worry about it. Though I plan to get a set of keycaps from WASD at some point in the near future.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline whiskerBox

Loose key caps?
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 22:52:25 »
I had this problem with the RGB double shot set, the stabilizer inserts wouldn't stay in the shift keys.
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline sordna

Loose key caps?
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 00:54:05 »
Quote from: Quarzac;428066

Easy fix: stick a little piece of paper, or a piece of a plastic bag between the keycap and stem.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard