Author Topic: Quick review of keyboard bumps  (Read 2698 times)

Offline theultrazord

Quick review of keyboard bumps
« on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 15:52:56 »
Just a quick review of keyboard bump you can get from http://www.keyboardbumps.com/

The reason I ordered these were that I use the meth keycaps from the breaking bad GB as my letter keys on my quickfire rapid, however due to their uniformity there is no bump on F and J.

The bumps arrived in a plain small white letter envelope with the keyboard bumps logo and return address stamped on the top left corner.

How they look on the sheet they arrived in.

On the keycaps

The keyboard bumps look very shallow in person however while typing you will notice them MUCH more than the standard bumps. Since they are made of silicone I felt like I had to change my typing style to account for the their existence so that I don't graze them while typing fast (yes I'm a lazy typist). They are very opaque which sort of irks me as I wish there was an option for a more translucent model. While applying the bumps you can sort of touch the adhesive and play with it once its on your key but after that it sticks to the key fairly well!

Overall I'm satisfied however If i learned to type without the F and J bumps I could type faster w/o using these so beware if your typing style is very low profile. Delivery was fast and owners response regarding delivery was very prompt!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Quick review of keyboard bumps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 15:53:57 »
That looks so ugly, but they say that form follows function, and it sure shows!

Offline theultrazord

Re: Quick review of keyboard bumps
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 16:04:12 »
That looks so ugly, but they say that form follows function, and it sure shows!

Yeah this isn't the best photo and I should've taken those PBT keys off 1-5 before the picture but I've been using them to help while gaming. To be honest I think the bumps would look better on the front side of the keycap giving it a normal bump type effect.