Author Topic: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream (CLOSED)  (Read 132923 times)

Offline Andalus

Re: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream (CLOSED)
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 22:16:36 »
I'm all for Paler-PnC.

I would have preferred more muted modifiers as well, but the set is decidedly good-looking.

I think Ren realizes he didn't get it quite right; there is merit to some of the objectionable views here - I think he's working to address these issues.

Ren - run it a 2nd time with Muted Mods please.

?

Show Image

You seem like you're struggling, perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong suit?

Offline djcostcosamples

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 23:11:51 »
As someone who joined the group buy, I'd be annoyed (perhaps unjustly) if Ren reran the set with modifiers that were closer to the original vision of the set, since a lot of people seem disappointed with how different the final product was to expectations.  I understand that caveat emptor applies to group buys and that first adopters of anything run the biggest risk of being disappointed if/when a product is revised, but I think at the very least, it'd be a nice gesture to allow original supporters of the group buy an opportunity to purchase a set of just the modifiers if there's a "corrected" round 2 (and assuming the legends color isn't changed too). 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 00:03:25 »
As someone who joined the group buy, I'd be annoyed (perhaps unjustly) if Ren reran the set with modifiers that were closer to the original vision of the set, since a lot of people seem disappointed with how different the final product was to expectations.  I understand that caveat emptor applies to group buys and that first adopters of anything run the biggest risk of being disappointed if/when a product is revised, but I think at the very least, it'd be a nice gesture to allow original supporters of the group buy an opportunity to purchase a set of just the modifiers if there's a "corrected" round 2 (and assuming the legends color isn't changed too).

as shown in past cases the best move is to do nothing for this set (since there's nothing to be done) and do better on the next set

often people have kneejerk reactions to things like this because, as you stated, the people who join the buy assume the risk of the colors coming out wrong

if, in a year or two, people are high on this set, then a new round should be considered

otherwise i agree with precedent and that the best course of action is to sell your set if you don't like it and try again in the next buy

a lot of work goes into a GB and pivoting into an r2 of a set that people are currently very low on is highly inadvisable

edit to add: cases like this bring out the amateur color scientists, which is actually kind of fascinating to watch because color science is, to my knowledge, one of the most complex fields and many people misunderstand it
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 00:05:49 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline neutralstate

Re: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream (Shipping to buyers)
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 07:31:25 »

To be fair, this isn't the first set, at least from my own point of view, that the actual sets designed by Ren are off colored to the original renders.

First Mizu

Render:
Show Image

Actual:
Show Image

Then now PnC

Render:
Show Image

Actual:
Show Image

credit to Maxferfra

Both shares similar characteristics in terms of the extend of color difference from its original renders - darker.

What I believe is that, if you as an author of the set, believed that the set should go on to a different path when you received the sample chip/key from manufacturer, you should let everyone knows and update the renders before the GB because that's what attracts others to support your project(s) in the first place. An author shouldn't change his direction when he receives everyone's monetary support and attempts on a bait and switch (forgive me if it sounds offensive, but in reality, that's what can be objectively seen as); rather, stick to what was offered to the table, the render's colors.

Ren has been trying to fend off this accusation by saying the colors are reflected differently under different lightings. I partly agree to this saying because lighting does affect colors. But at the end of the day, there is no denying that the colors are conspicuously differently from the renders regardless if the lighting is warm or cold, its just the colors are different, light versus dark, simple as that.

Some argue, its still very good looking.
This is not a valid argument to safeguard his work. It doesn't matter whether the outcome is good or not, its the attitude and quality of work he should ensure himself to uphold because at the end of the day, it's his supporters' whos helping to make this set become a reality. And let's look at this problem from a different perspective, let's say if this turns out very wrong, just like what happened to GMK Necro. Would you be as forgiving as you would? You see, its not about the outcome, not that its not important, but that the attitude and quality of work people entrusted Ren in the first place, he, at least from my point of view, betrays it.

It's very alarming to me that a keyset author has, again, from my point of view, screwed up 2 GMK sets on colorings (and I just did a brief research, to my surprise, there were only 2 sets designed by Ren that are out in the wild, that's a 100% screw up rate); I wanted to support community projects, but this is just something that makes me wonder if I should take part in any of Ren's GB in the future.

edit: to further validate my argument, yes, I have a PnC set as well. And to my eyes, its definitely not what was offered and I am to this day still very disappointed.

edit 2: further elaboration

edit 3: same ^

i did not get PnC but did get Mizu. I just wanted to chip in here to mention that my Mizu set actually looks alot closer to the render here than the photo. Something is off about the color correction of that photo.

Can't comment about PnC but Ren definitely got Mizu right.

Offline Tsuki

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 14:57:24 »

To be fair, this isn't the first set, at least from my own point of view, that the actual sets designed by Ren are off colored to the original renders.

First Mizu

Render:
Show Image

Actual:
Show Image

Then now PnC

Render:
Show Image

Actual:
Show Image

credit to Maxferfra

Both shares similar characteristics in terms of the extend of color difference from its original renders - darker.

What I believe is that, if you as an author of the set, believed that the set should go on to a different path when you received the sample chip/key from manufacturer, you should let everyone knows and update the renders before the GB because that's what attracts others to support your project(s) in the first place. An author shouldn't change his direction when he receives everyone's monetary support and attempts on a bait and switch (forgive me if it sounds offensive, but in reality, that's what can be objectively seen as); rather, stick to what was offered to the table, the render's colors.

Ren has been trying to fend off this accusation by saying the colors are reflected differently under different lightings. I partly agree to this saying because lighting does affect colors. But at the end of the day, there is no denying that the colors are conspicuously differently from the renders regardless if the lighting is warm or cold, its just the colors are different, light versus dark, simple as that.

Some argue, its still very good looking.
This is not a valid argument to safeguard his work. It doesn't matter whether the outcome is good or not, its the attitude and quality of work he should ensure himself to uphold because at the end of the day, it's his supporters' whos helping to make this set become a reality. And let's look at this problem from a different perspective, let's say if this turns out very wrong, just like what happened to GMK Necro. Would you be as forgiving as you would? You see, its not about the outcome, not that its not important, but that the attitude and quality of work people entrusted Ren in the first place, he, at least from my point of view, betrays it.

It's very alarming to me that a keyset author has, again, from my point of view, screwed up 2 GMK sets on colorings (and I just did a brief research, to my surprise, there were only 2 sets designed by Ren that are out in the wild, that's a 100% screw up rate); I wanted to support community projects, but this is just something that makes me wonder if I should take part in any of Ren's GB in the future.

edit: to further validate my argument, yes, I have a PnC set as well. And to my eyes, its definitely not what was offered and I am to this day still very disappointed.

edit 2: further elaboration

edit 3: same ^

i did not get PnC but did get Mizu. I just wanted to chip in here to mention that my Mizu set actually looks alot closer to the render here than the photo. Something is off about the color correction of that photo.

Can't comment about PnC but Ren definitely got Mizu right.

I'll disagree here and say that renders of Mizu alphas looked pastel blue to me while my actual set in hand does not reflect that. My set looks like the "actual" picture that Senryo referenced. Not trying to bash Ren at all, love his ideas and designs but the pastel-ness of Mizu and PnC wasn't translated very well from renders to production imo.

Offline Andalus

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 17:10:10 »

as shown in past cases the best move is to do nothing for this set (since there's nothing to be done) and do better on the next set

often people have kneejerk reactions to things like this because, as you stated, the people who join the buy assume the risk of the colors coming out wrong

if, in a year or two, people are high on this set, then a new round should be considered

otherwise i agree with precedent and that the best course of action is to sell your set if you don't like it and try again in the next buy

a lot of work goes into a GB and pivoting into an r2 of a set that people are currently very low on is highly inadvisable

edit to add: cases like this bring out the amateur color scientists, which is actually kind of fascinating to watch because color science is, to my knowledge, one of the most complex fields and many people misunderstand it

Well said.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 19:59:46 »

Well said.

ive been here a while
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline elpepe21

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 22:15:20 »
GMK PnC and Mizu seem much more closer to the render "mark" vs. other sets like GMK 8008. That pink ruins the whole set.

But idk its like we have different eyes  :eek:

Offline quinnx

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 09:58:31 »
I see a lot of people holding on pitch fork and demand the "rendering" version, and the voice seem louder as more group buys passing by. This is a two sides problem, both designer and consumer are responsible. I'm all for designer choose color chip first hand. Just one problem, even if the color already picked, chance is the set can come out look like something you wouldnt buy if you see it (in my personal opinion, it is the GMK Metropolis, if I see this set in the real world, I will skip it unhesitatingly, mostly I think because the GMK texture doesnt play well with the color, and the shine, oh god the shine). As consumer, please please don't buy into 3D render, you join a group buy, it is a investment, start to educate yourself and set out your expectation. With me, renders is just " what the set could be" not " what the set should be". Now I join gb because I buy into the designer vision, I trust them to do the best course of action, and I think we as consumers should allow designer make the changes that the best for us (especially when they have chance to see the color in the real world on this certain texture). Heck, GMK PnC take a year to ship out since its IC day, I dont even remember the rendering, I guess you don't too unless you go back to the IC page. So this set ship out to me, who now have almost 0 prior knowledge about the rendering and I love it candidly. I think scale your expectation is one of the best way to manage your own satisfaction.

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 10:25:15 »
I see a lot of people holding on pitch fork and demand the "rendering" version, and the voice seem louder as more group buys passing by. This is a two sides problem, both designer and consumer are responsible. I'm all for designer choose color chip first hand. Just one problem, even if the color already picked, chance is the set can come out look like something you wouldnt buy if you see it (in my personal opinion, it is the GMK Metropolis, if I see this set in the real world, I will skip it unhesitatingly, mostly I think because the GMK texture doesnt play well with the color, and the shine, oh god the shine). As consumer, please please don't buy into 3D render, you join a group buy, it is a investment, start to educate yourself and set out your expectation. With me, renders is just " what the set could be" not " what the set should be". Now I join gb because I buy into the designer vision, I trust them to do the best course of action, and I think we as consumers should allow designer make the changes that the best for us (especially when they have chance to see the color in the real world on this certain texture). Heck, GMK PnC take a year to ship out since its IC day, I dont even remember the rendering, I guess you don't too unless you go back to the IC page. So this set ship out to me, who now have almost 0 prior knowledge about the rendering and I love it candidly. I think scale your expectation is one of the best way to manage your own satisfaction.

As consumer, please please don't buy into 3D render, you join a group buy, it is a investment, start to educate yourself and set out your expectation.

How is this not runner's fault when the color is different from the "expectations" set out from the renders? Someone mentioned earlier with the technology improving exponentially, renders are getting closer and closer to real life representation nowadays when compared to the past. That is the very reason that a GB runner should bear more responsibility to ensure the renders faithfully reflecting the visions because when in the past, the technology barrier was high, there's still excuse to when the actual product came out wrong; but these days? There's simply no excuse.

Not to mention the practice was flawed as well, Ren did color sampling after the GB ended. (I know he does it now on IC, but that's one of the main issues)

I guess you don't too unless you go back to the IC page

No not really, I do remember what its like because that was the very reason why I hopped on a group buy.

I think scale your expectation is one of the best way to manage your own satisfaction.

It's true consumers/supporters should not be 100% reliant on renders; and should acknowledge the risks the come with the group buy. But it doesn't shift away the fact that Ren did a poor job on handling the GB, colors sampling and aftermath of the set.

Offline quinnx

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 10:55:01 »

As consumer, please please don't buy into 3D render, you join a group buy, it is a investment, start to educate yourself and set out your expectation.

How is this not runner's fault when the color is different from the "expectations" set out from the renders? Someone mentioned earlier with the technology improving exponentially, renders are getting closer and closer to real life representation nowadays when compared to the past. That is the very reason that a GB runner should bear more responsibility to ensure the renders faithfully reflecting the visions because when in the past, the technology barrier was high, there's still excuse to when the actual product came out wrong; but these days? There's simply no excuse.

Not to mention the practice was flawed as well, Ren did color sampling after the GB ended. (I know he does it now on IC, but that's one of the main issues)

No not really, I do remember what its like because that was the very reason why I hopped on a group buy.

I think scale your expectation is one of the best way to manage your own satisfaction.

It's true consumers/supporters should not be 100% reliant on renders; and should acknowledge the risks the come with the group buy. But it doesn't shift away the fact that Ren did a poor job on handling the GB, colors sampling and aftermath of the set.

I already point out best practice won't guarantee best outcome (imo, it is gmk Metro). The dissatisfaction stem from gap between the expectation and reality. Designer job is too lessen this gap, and it is your job as consumer to have accurate expectation too. I also mentioned people should take 3D render like "what is could be", not "what it should be" regardless of the complexity of technology but seem like you are a "Render Purist", so we are actually fundamentally difference when approach a gb, I don't think we merit from argue from two points of view. But even if your critics is valid, Ren already admit their fault and will adding new process of picking color for the new gb. Cross finger, they hold their words. What left? Persistently talking about the mistake without acknowledge their admission of error, make me think you are salty and look at this matter personally. My suggestion is move on, it is better for your health tbf.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 11:02:33 »

I already point out best practice won't guarantee best outcome (imo, it is gmk Metro). The dissatisfaction stem from gap between the expectation and reality. Designer job is too lessen this gap, and it is your job as consumer to have accurate expectation too. I also mentioned people should take 3D render like "what is could be", not "what it should be" regardless of the complexity of technology but seem like you are a "Render Purist", so we are actually fundamentally difference when approach a gb, I don't think we merit from argue from two points of view. But even if your critics is valid, Ren already admit their fault and will adding new process of picking color for the new gb. Cross finger, they hold their words. What left? Persistently talking about the mistake without acknowledge their admission of error, make me think you are salty and look at this matter personally. My suggestion is move on, it is better for your health tbf.

As I mentioned, I knew he acknowledged the underlying problems and act on it. I have no problem with it and am grateful for the changes.

What I was trying to point out is that, the points you brought up were, more like shifting away GB runner's responsibility on, quoting your own words, lessening the gap between expectation and reality, which Ren didn't do it properly. And I also agree that consumers should not be reliant on renders; but what's the problem of faithfully representing a project concept when you have the ability to do so on a crowdfunding project? Is ensuring the consumer what the best representation of a concept guilty?

Not sure if you have thoroughly read my arguments, I didn't ask for 1:1 render and reality product but the attitude and quality of work a gb runner should uphold to ensure the trusts placed on him by the consumers in the first place is not misplaced.

Persistently talking about the mistake without acknowledge their admission of error, make me think you are salty and look at this matter personally.

Did I appreciate his admission of error?
Multiple times.

Did I complain on his other ICs?
No.

Did I continue to bash him for what he did not commit/do?
No.

I'm only criticizing him for what he did poorly. So may I ask what's the problem?
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2020, 11:11:57 by senryo »

Offline quinnx

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 11:23:17 »
What I was trying to point out is that, the points you brought up were, more like shifting away GB runner's responsibility on, quoting your own words, lessening the gap between expectation and reality, which Ren didn't do it properly. And I also agree that consumers should not be reliant on renders; but what's the problem of faithfully representing a project concept when you have the ability to do so on a crowdfunding project? Is ensuring the consumer what the best representation of a concept guilty?

I explicitly mention firstly in my response, Even a faithful render doesn't guarantee consumer satisfaction by the time you receive it regardless the complexity of technology. Alot of newbie buy into these gb either because of the hype or the render, either way it is really a set up to disappointment. Now my suggestion to not buying into render is still stand, especially when GMK gbs are a dime a dozen with gazillions different styles of renders. You cannot go to policizing every single one of them and hold them accountable. Terrible render is here to stay, because it is convenient, it is cheap and people still join gb for the sake of those render. And I'm all for quality GMK GB with proper render and communication, but if you want make that happen, we have to standardize everything in this hobby. Look it from financial point of view, a group buy regardless of render or already picked color chip is inherently risky, chance is going sh*t is high. Buyer should be aware of this risk. I don't shift the blame from desginer to buyer, the structure of the group buy is already set up so consumer take 99% of the risk. The best way to protect yourself is really not taking any render seriously, and maybe be selective more when you buy.

Offline rxc92

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 20:34:41 »
Senryo, could you do everyone a favor and not pretend like you represent everyone who bought this set? I'm very happy with how mine turned out, as are many others who aren't furiously commenting over and over. Compared to the render, it's well within the expected range of colors that occur when produced. Perhaps you expected something on the lighter end while I expected darker (i.e. how it turned out), but as there's no egregious error in the caps, it's just something you'll have to deal with.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 01:16:24 »
Senryo, could you do everyone a favor and not pretend like you represent everyone who bought this set? I'm very happy with how mine turned out, as are many others who aren't furiously commenting over and over. Compared to the render, it's well within the expected range of colors that occur when produced. Perhaps you expected something on the lighter end while I expected darker (i.e. how it turned out), but as there's no egregious error in the caps, it's just something you'll have to deal with.

Not sure where you get the idea I'm representing everyone. I've explicitly stated multiple times on almost every comments I made that its my personal opinion. Does my personal opinion represent everyone? How?

And how does "doing everyone a favor..." not making you the one representing everyone? Please.

Yea I'm probably acting like a police safeguarding the issue. But the problem, again, as stated over and over again, is not how good it turned out in the eye of consumers, but the attitude and quality of work a gb runner should uphold. You could argue he did nothing wrong because it was "well in the acceptable margin", well, I embrace your view and respect it; but its not changing mine.

I move on; but when someone try to, to my humble opinion, shift responsibility off his shoulder, I would just want to have a civil discussion over that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2020, 01:19:01 by senryo »

Offline rxc92

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 02:31:18 »
Your analogy doesn't make any sense. As is abundantly clear, final products are supposed to be close to the render, but nowhere has anyone said that it was going to be the exact same. 
It's turned out close enough for me and many others. He's not at fault for it not being the exact same, as that's not what's expected from group buys. If that was your expectation coming into the GB, that's again entirely on you and nobody else's fault.

Offline olsen34

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 02:47:22 »
Your analogy doesn't make any sense. As is abundantly clear, final products are supposed to be close to the render, but nowhere has anyone said that it was going to be the exact same. 
It's turned out close enough for me and many others. He's not at fault for it not being the exact same, as that's not what's expected from group buys. If that was your expectation coming into the GB, that's again entirely on you and nobody else's fault.

"Close enough" lul. It's okay if you like the set darker, but saying it's close enough is just false. The end result looks closer to oranges and tangerines rather than peach and cream.

Offline olsen34

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 02:49:18 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2020, 03:48:45 by olsen34 »

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 02:54:17 »

...final products are supposed to be close to the render, but nowhere has anyone said that it was going to be the exact same. 

Sigh, lemme quote my words again. Maybe multiple times for you because you seem to like to focus on one string instead of the whole picture.
Not sure if you have thoroughly read my arguments, I didn't ask for 1:1 render and reality product but the attitude and quality of work a gb runner should uphold to ensure the trusts placed on him by the consumers in the first place is not misplaced.
Yea I'm probably acting like a police safeguarding the issue. But the problem, again, as stated over and over again, is not how good it turned out in the eye of consumers, but the attitude and quality of work a gb runner should uphold.
I've been saying, its not whether the set came out looking good or not, its the attitude and quality the author is bound to uphold to make his supporters feel ensured and have faith on him.
With that many discussions above, let me reorganized my humble views.
it's not about how good it turned out; its about the process, the choice making and the responsibility to the supporters
it's not about hitting the proposed concepts / renders 1:1, but rather, faithfully following that path you set, not the vision you changed afterwards

He's not at fault for it not being the exact same

I think we're done here.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2020, 03:02:35 by senryo »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 06:24:01 »
Not sure where you get the idea I'm representing everyone. I've explicitly stated multiple times on almost every comments I made that its my personal opinion. Does my personal opinion represent everyone? How?

And how does "doing everyone a favor..." not making you the one representing everyone? Please.

Yea I'm probably acting like a police safeguarding the issue. But the problem, again, as stated over and over again, is not how good it turned out in the eye of consumers, but the attitude and quality of work a gb runner should uphold. You could argue he did nothing wrong because it was "well in the acceptable margin", well, I embrace your view and respect it; but its not changing mine.

I move on; but when someone try to, to my humble opinion, shift responsibility off his shoulder, I would just want to have a civil discussion over that.
I completely agree.

"Close enough" lul. It's okay if you like the set darker, but saying it's close enough is just false. The end result looks closer to oranges and tangerines rather than peach and cream.

Offline noobiekeymech

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 01:18:34 »
Does anyone know if it's still possible to pick a set up?  Thanks

Offline Honey

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 23:24:30 »
Does anyone know if it's still possible to pick a set up?  Thanks

Would have to pick one up off of mechmarket now, I believe all vendors have shipped their GB orders as well as already having done their extras sale for this set.

Offline bliss

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 05:48:52 »
Just dropping by to say I am very pleased with the set after all; I think it looks best with indirect, natural light or with green LED ambient light coming from the room.

The numpad without sub legends looks perfect and clean on a 100% board like I am using (while on a G80-1800 style keyboard I'd strongly prefer to have nav sub legends).

I found the novelties included in the base kit a nice touch as well - glad I joined <3

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 14:40:59 »
If Peaches n Cream ever runs again, we'll probably ask for the lighter colors we chose from the pantones. (GMK Pale Peaches?). For those of you who are unhappy with the set, I'm truly sorry, and I promise that I'll work harder and do better going forward, and I hope you can see the steps I've taken already.

Rensuya worked harder by changing the colors for r2 and expecting you to pay him again for something that he had in his power to ship the first time around.
Shameful you and Cannonkeys decided this is the route you wanted to take with this series of keycaps.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 21:28:16 »
If Peaches n Cream ever runs again, we'll probably ask for the lighter colors we chose from the pantones. (GMK Pale Peaches?). For those of you who are unhappy with the set, I'm truly sorry, and I promise that I'll work harder and do better going forward, and I hope you can see the steps I've taken already.

Rensuya worked harder by changing the colors for r2 and expecting you to pay him again for something that he had in his power to ship the first time around.
Shameful you and Cannonkeys decided this is the route you wanted to take with this series of keycaps.

As someone who owns the first set(and like it), and enjoy Cannonkeys products, I also think it wasn't the best approach. It feels like rewarding someone for making a mistake. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that, but what is going to happen if colors don't match again?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:43:59 »

As someone who owns the first set(and like it), and enjoy Cannonkeys products, I also think it wasn't the best approach. It feels like rewarding someone for making a mistake. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that, but what is going to happen if colors don't match again?

Nothing, obviously, unless enough of the new people who are unaware of the previous issues are willing to boycott further sets once this ships in 2022. Who knows what keyboards will be like then considered the last past year we saw.
I find running it again egregious to no end without compensating people for r1, even though Rensuya admitted to making a mistake.
The fact that r2 isn't being posted on this website where Cannonkeys posts ALL of their group buys and ICs, and only has a few threads on reddit and got one to two instagram posts leading up to the release helps me realize Upas and Ren know they're under fire but don't care.
Why anyone would support these types of practices is beyond me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:53:05 by Kokaloo »

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 14:56:40 »
Is the Rama peach cap different from R1? I thought Rama was no longer remaking caps from previous runs?

Offline kiyoboard

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 17:23:46 »
Is the Rama peach cap different from R1? I thought Rama was no longer remaking caps from previous runs?

I remember them mentioning Ramas being different color, due to set itself being slightly different color as well. So technically they are not remake.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 18:47:47 »
There is a reason no GB thread is here for the "new" colorway and I understand why.  Avoiding geekhack is a huge red flag for me. I would really like this set; however, for that same reason, I will not be purchasing one.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 05:14:23 »

Nothing, obviously, unless enough of the new people who are unaware of the previous issues are willing to boycott further sets once this ships in 2022. Who knows what keyboards will be like then considered the last past year we saw.
I find running it again egregious to no end without compensating people for r1, even though Rensuya admitted to making a mistake.
The fact that r2 isn't being posted on this website where Cannonkeys posts ALL of their group buys and ICs, and only has a few threads on reddit and got one to two instagram posts leading up to the release helps me realize Upas and Ren know they're under fire but don't care.

Yes, he just doesn't care
He may just run r3 if r2 is f up too, maybe on drop? :D