Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 935071 times)

Offline aslanxdeft

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Waiting on boards)
« Reply #900 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 17:08:22 »
weaston is lost in the sauce :'(

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #901 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 17:10:51 »
I'd think he would update when there is something to update about. He has done this so far.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #902 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 12:00:42 »
Just hope to see some pics of the cerakote.

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #903 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 12:44:01 »

Offline cfox21

« Reply #904 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 12:57:16 »
any updates on the pcb?
if no update by now probably waiting until after CNY for PCB

Offline skrunk

« Reply #905 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 17:55:43 »
ne updates avail :D
Past Keyboards : LZ CLS, Unikorn, Noxary X65, KFE CE, HHKB Pro2, Realforce TKL

Current Keyboards: FC660C, HHKB Pro1, GSKT-00

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #906 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 00:03:21 »
Would love an update as well :p

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #907 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 03:09:22 »
any updates on the pcb?

i mean he did say he was supposed to get samples soon back in december. Maybe even just an update on that lol

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #908 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 05:37:44 »
any updates on the pcb?

i mean he did say he was supposed to get samples soon back in december. Maybe even just an update on that lol
There was an update in december "lol"

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #909 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 16:53:10 »
Happy 1 year to my GSKT invoice :)
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline Degree

« Reply #910 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 18:36:06 »
NE

Offline L8T

« Reply #911 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 21:47:22 »
I don't care about update, just please read your inbox messages on geekhack/email... I requested an address change like half a year back and I still haven't heard from you. I just don't want it to be sent to my old address.

« Reply #912 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 14:18:02 »
Now that it is CNY and almost 2 months since the last update...

Update please? :D

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #913 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 20:37:42 »
man...Weaston hasn't been on geekhack since 12/19. I hope he's okay.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #914 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 20:39:04 »
I've pinged him a few times over the last few weeks on discord (which show's him online occasionally). Haven't heard back.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #915 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 20:40:03 »
Y’all kill me . Haven’t learned in all this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline weaston

« Reply #916 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 13:01:45 »
Update Time

I have been qc-ing and everything looks really nice.  The only thing worth mentioning is that a lot of the units have some slight discoloration around the screw holes on the inside of the boards (especially on tops).  This is more or less inevitable and is small and does not affect the outside look/fitment/otherwise so I'm just giving you all a heads up.

PCBs are nearing the final checks and should be shipping soon.  We had and tested a proto from the fab and we are just double checking everything now before those are finished and shipped.

Cerakote has not started yet since I was a bit more worried about getting the pcbs in.  Will be taking those this month hopefully.

Now for the ****e, not so cool, update.  Since I am an idiot (sometimes), the files I sent to the fab for this production run did not have the bumpon cuts on the bottom case that I mentioned in the IC that I added for this run.  I apologize to all of you for the mishap on my part, totally my fault.  So, since they don't have any bumpon cuts, I'll be providing strips of silicone for you to put on the bottom as you wish.  This is actually what all the original units had as well and it does not affect usability or anything (I think it sounds a little nicer personally).  So yeah, totally my fault there and I am sorry for it, but you'll still have something to stick on the bottom.

As for address updates, I have not gotten to a lot of them.  But don't worry, I am not shipping anything until they are all taken care of.

You guys know if the Alps ABS plate weaston sourced were in fact 1.2mm, or were maybe thinner, say, ~1.0mm? I ask because I can't seem to find a plate cutting service who can do plastic at 1.2mm.

Edit: looks like there were no ABS plates for the official GB, as weaston could only get ABS plates @ 1.5mm. I think this is why, in Taeha Types's GSKT-00 build video, he mentioned that the switches didn't really stay in place that well: it was because @ 1.5mm thickness, Alps switches don't really lock in; the four little switch "wings" are just flexed back to accommodate that weird in-between switch position in the plate.

Correct ABS plates were not of a reliable thickness for alps from the fab I used to use for them.  That being said, the alps plates I ordered this round I ordered from my main fab and they clip wonderfully.  Of course no ABS but the plates are all really nice and of proper thickness (1.2mm).
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #917 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 13:48:28 »
Update Time

I have been qc-ing and everything looks really nice.  The only thing worth mentioning is that a lot of the units have some slight discoloration around the screw holes on the inside of the boards (especially on tops).  This is more or less inevitable and is small and does not affect the outside look/fitment/otherwise so I'm just giving you all a heads up.

PCBs are nearing the final checks and should be shipping soon.  We had and tested a proto from the fab and we are just double checking everything now before those are finished and shipped.

Cerakote has not started yet since I was a bit more worried about getting the pcbs in.  Will be taking those this month hopefully.

Now for the ****e, not so cool, update.  Since I am an idiot (sometimes), the files I sent to the fab for this production run did not have the bumpon cuts on the bottom case that I mentioned in the IC that I added for this run.  I apologize to all of you for the mishap on my part, totally my fault.  So, since they don't have any bumpon cuts, I'll be providing strips of silicone for you to put on the bottom as you wish.  This is actually what all the original units had as well and it does not affect usability or anything (I think it sounds a little nicer personally).  So yeah, totally my fault there and I am sorry for it, but you'll still have something to stick on the bottom.

As for address updates, I have not gotten to a lot of them.  But don't worry, I am not shipping anything until they are all taken care of.

You guys know if the Alps ABS plate weaston sourced were in fact 1.2mm, or were maybe thinner, say, ~1.0mm? I ask because I can't seem to find a plate cutting service who can do plastic at 1.2mm.

Edit: looks like there were no ABS plates for the official GB, as weaston could only get ABS plates @ 1.5mm. I think this is why, in Taeha Types's GSKT-00 build video, he mentioned that the switches didn't really stay in place that well: it was because @ 1.5mm thickness, Alps switches don't really lock in; the four little switch "wings" are just flexed back to accommodate that weird in-between switch position in the plate.

Correct ABS plates were not of a reliable thickness for alps from the fab I used to use for them.  That being said, the alps plates I ordered this round I ordered from my main fab and they clip wonderfully.  Of course no ABS but the plates are all really nice and of proper thickness (1.2mm).

Thanks for the update!

Offline sirieous

• help
Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (QC-ing, sorting)
« Reply #918 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 14:30:55 »
Thanks for update.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline wencan008

« Reply #919 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 15:32:17 »
Glad to see an update! Thanks Weaston

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #920 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 15:43:35 »
Update Time

Tbh this is a good idea and the hobby should go more in this direction. I’d personally love to get sent a block of raw aluminium and instructions on how to dremel my own custom keyboard myself. DIY energy!
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2021, 15:50:19 by lewisflude »

Offline Degree

« Reply #921 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 16:35:36 »
No bumpon cuts.. not the news I wanted to hear.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #922 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 19:52:57 »
Certainly not the update I was expecting, but an update nontheless. Not sure how waiting for PCBs interferes with cerakoting, but if doing it this way keeps your mind clear and focused that's fine. Do you have a projected timeline on shipping these out?

Offline Tyler

• hhkb >
« Reply #923 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 23:58:46 »
Thank for update!

Offline catamscott

« Reply #924 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 12:36:45 »
of all the things that could have gotten messed up on the board, i'm glad it was just the bumpon spots. honestly i don't think it's that big a deal, i have sorbothane strips on my idb and it works totally fine. appreciate the update!

Offline mech0nly

« Reply #925 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 12:54:30 »
Update Time

Thanks weaston
356CL DGE | 356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G81-3077SAU | ESA-3000-HASRO | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2 | 55g HHKB

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #926 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 12:58:32 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #927 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 15:05:43 »
Yeah. Thanks Weaston. Looking forward to them!

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #928 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 16:49:27 »
thanks for the update.

Offline vegs

« Reply #929 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 05:36:25 »
No bumpon cutouts is a bummer, but I'm looking forward to my board regardless :thumb:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #930 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 08:34:26 »
Thanks for the update! Definitely a bit bummed about no feet cutouts, but as long as the silicone strips are relatively tidy I don't see it as a huge issue.

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #931 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 07:54:52 »
How are the PCBs looking?  ;D

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #932 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 20:28:20 »
Wow almost forgot about this. Getting closer I guess.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #933 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 00:21:06 »
Wow almost forgot about this. Getting closer I guess.

I wish I had forgotten :(

« Reply #934 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 11:53:35 »
Any updates on the "soon" for the PCBs?

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #935 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 16:52:15 »
welp

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #936 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 12:50:33 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 March 2021, 12:58:43 by Fnzzy »

Offline cfox21

« Reply #937 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 13:24:35 »
The excitement, and subsequent disappointment I feel every time this thread gets bumped is quite the rollercoaster

Offline vegs

« Reply #938 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 05:38:53 »
ne updates?
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline gfreeman11898

« Reply #939 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:12:37 »
Update?

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #940 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:40:48 »
Got mine in the mail today, thanks weaston.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #941 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:44:59 »
Got mine in the mail today, thanks weaston.

You're a mean, mean troll on April fools day.

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #942 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 17:48:40 »
April fools day is over. Please end this no communication prank

Offline Degree

« Reply #943 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 01:01:09 »
yo

Offline androo

« Reply #944 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 14:04:39 »
adk64 | s7 elephant | m65-b | kei r2 | gskt-00 (waiting) | angel (waiting)

Offline jpg2401

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #946 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 02:48:33 »
so roughly 7 weeks since pcbs were supposed to ship soon. I'm hoping the next update we get is shipping updates of the boards.

« Reply #947 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 13:29:25 »
so roughly 7 weeks since pcbs were supposed to ship soon. I'm hoping the next update we get is shipping updates of the boards.

You forgot about the "we're still about a month away from receiving pcbs" from 8 months ago

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #948 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 15:08:44 »

You forgot about the "we're still about a month away from receiving pcbs" from 8 months ago

shiiiit i didn't even know about that lol.

Offline cfox21

« Reply #949 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 17:57:25 »
Any update on the PCBs?