Author Topic: Language section?  (Read 9059 times)

Offline slobo

• Overly shy, Trackball enthousiast
Language section?
« on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:08:01 »
Hi folks,

It's not often that I post, but I'm reading a lot. Currently I have a specific issue regarding my keyboard, but as I type on an AZERTY layout I understood that this annoys many people. Or maybe they just make harmless jokes about the exotic layouts.

I've seen other forums that separates their forum into language sub-sections.

Could it be an idea or should I post in the "keyboard" section?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: Language section?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 14:22:59 »
I think most of the time, people just like pulling each others legs.  When it comes down to it, we are all here for the same reason.

I know Azhdar is a HUGE azerty user, so if you had specific questions about the layout I would contact him.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 19:53:03 »
Having a different section for each different keyboard layout would result in hundreds of sections.

The idea of separate areas for different geographical regions with different languages was floated once or twice in the past, but didn't go anywhere as implementing that would tend to segregate GH into many small communities with little overlap, and probably duplication of questions and answers in different languages.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 21:16:28 »
This is not deskthority...we are open to any and all questions, and in most cases eager to help  :thumb:

I know Azhdar is a HUGE azerty user

That would be understatement of the year  :rolleyes: