Author Topic: [GB] LSJ Ares HHKB-Style Keyboard [GB CLOSED]  (Read 92804 times)

Offline lanyusea

Alright I think many gb buyers are waiting for the new update. I received the boards on wednesday and check all the shipments today.

Few boards (7 sets) came with wrong colors and all extra plates didn't ship. The screws on boards are not the cup head stainless screws I assign, the boards mixed with black and sliver screws.

Eve told me he will check if he have available boards I order and ship them with the correct screws and extra plates this week.

In order to speed up the shipping I will pack the correct screws in a bag and let you replace when you receive. I'm sorry for this trouble for you. 

So far i have done about 45 simple packing. Once I receive the remaining stuffs I'll do my best to ship them out asap. As for the exact shipping date I'm sorry i can't give now cuz it depends on when and if I can get the right numbers of remaining stuffs.

Here are some pics of boards

https://imgur.com/a/U0FlirU

And just a head up if you want to change address pls pm me here or mail to : ares.hhkb@gmail.com by this week.

that red!
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline luumii

• A day in life without Keyboard SA
Re: [GB] LSJ Ares HHKB-Style Keyboard (Anodizing completed, Wait for shipping)
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 03:35:33 »
Any update?  :)

Offline kenlee

« Reply #252 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 03:53:21 »
Any update?  :)
These are almost all packages except few boards and plates haven't shipped to me from Eve.

I'll try to ship them all out next week cuz I have some family emergent things need to take care.

No offense, may I ask luumii do you join the GB cuz I don't see ur name on the gb sheet. I'm afraid of missing the  right numbers or buyers.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #253 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 17:32:47 »
Anyone got theirs yet?

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 22:16:37 »
Anyone got theirs yet?

Atm it's in Hong Kong

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 22:34:15 »
mine made it to customs in LA. should probly have it by the end of the week!

Offline kenlee

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 22:56:52 »
Anyone got theirs yet?
Almost all packages have been taken by DHL, EMS yesterday and if you didn't receive shipping notice plz send me a pm.

Like I mentioned before Eve still need to ship to me few boards and plates. So here I want to thank Myan, Dustli and wpnada especially cuz they give their boards or plates to let other buyers receive first. 

Here are some important things need all buyers to see and to pay attention

1. Every set includes one bag of stainless screws and those can be used on every holes of board. I strongly suggest to replace them with the original "plate screws" cuz the cup head screws can cover more areas of plate and be helpful of fixing.

2. Try not to take the bottom case directly after you take out the bottom screws. I strongly suggest to hold two sides of case and overturn it to front side then just take the top case. It can help not to cause damage to the case and will be more easier to separate the top and bottom case.

I think most of you will receive the board soon and hope you guys will like it. At last I really appreciate your patience and supports.

Ken
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 August 2018, 00:17:52 by kenlee »

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 04:01:15 »
Anyone got theirs yet?
Almost all packages has been taken by DHL, EMS yesterday and if you didn't receive shipping notice plz send me a pm.

Like I mentioned before Eve still need to ship to me few boards and plates. So here I want to thank Myan, Dustli and wpnada especially cuz they give their boards or plates to let other buyers receive first. 

1. Every set includes one bag of stainless screws and those can be used on every holes of board. I strongly suggest to replace them with the original "plate screws" cuz the cup head screws can cover more areas of plate and be helpful of fixing.

2. Try not to take the bottom case directly after you take out the bottom screws. I strongly suggest to hold two sides of case and overturn it to front side then just take the top case. It can help not to cause damage to the case and will be more easier to separate the top and bottom case.

I think most of you will receive the board soon and hope you guys will like it. At last I really appreciate your patience and supports.

Ken

hmm... what about SF-Express? no notification received yet
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] LSJ Ares HHKB-Style Keyboard
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 07:41:46 »
Mine is scheduled for delivery today. DHL usually comes around 10:30 am! Unfortunately I am leaving for the weekend this evening and probably won't even open the box till I get back.
keyboards.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 10:05:41 »
Anyone got theirs yet?
Almost all packages has been taken by DHL, EMS yesterday and if you didn't receive shipping notice plz send me a pm.

Ken

hmm... what about SF-Express? no notification received yet
Urs shipped today and I pmed you the tracking number :)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 15:54:47 »
Mine is scheduled for delivery today. DHL usually comes around 10:30 am! Unfortunately I am leaving for the weekend this evening and probably won't even open the box till I get back.

Yup delivered at 10:15 but I couldn't open the box  :'(
keyboards.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 19:01:03 »
got mine today. the satin finish is so nice!
i'll post more after i've done my build. here's a quick cellphone pic for now

Offline sosatran

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 21:49:11 »
Just got my purple Ares! Simply amazing shade of purple. As much as I love it, I kinda regret not getting the green one as well... If anyone with an army green/brass Ares wants to part ways with theirs PM me.  :)  Might be down for a straight trade as well, my purple for your green. 

201691-0
201693-1
201695-2
201697-3
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 22:00:22 by sosatran »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 23:08:51 »
Wait, I thought the Ares weight are brass?  Yours looks like silver color?   :confused:

Offline sosatran

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 23:25:59 »
Wait, I thought the Ares weight are brass?  Yours looks like silver color?   :confused:

Lighting was kinda weird. Picture was taken next to a big window and its reflecting the sky (kinda hazy today). The brass is VERY gold in person.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 04:02:07 »
got mine today. the satin finish is so nice!
i'll post more after i've done my build. here's a quick cellphone pic for now

Show Image

Just got my purple Ares! Simply amazing shade of purple. As much as I love it, I kinda regret not getting the green one as well... If anyone with an army green/brass Ares wants to part ways with theirs PM me.  :)  Might be down for a straight trade as well, my purple for your green. 

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Thanks for your sharing and I think half has received the packages. Hope to see more other colors like gray, armygreen show up soon :)

I saw few ppl respond the accuracy of colors cuz the lights affect the accuracy of pics i uploaded at check interest period. But it can't be an excuse, I'll review the whole process and will do better in the next new gb.

Just a reminder if possible use the attached stainless screws on plate/case and take the top case first rather than the bottom case to avoid scratching after you take away the screws.

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 August 2018, 05:38:42 by kenlee »

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 04:03:33 »

I got the same issue, went yesterday to the UK for the meetup and Ares arrives back home today :(

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline kenlee

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 04:09:23 »

I got the same issue, went yesterday to the UK for the meetup and Ares arrives back home today :(

You should use ems or other shipping ways rather than DHL then you won't feel upset :) JK..

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 04:10:34 »

You should use ems or other shipping ways rather than DHL then you won't feel upset :) JK..

Im not upset, maybe a little haha just can not wait to build it! :D Thanks for this well oiled groupbuy!

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 00:07:48 »
received mine today, the mat white is satisfying

201808-0

but the brass is full of fingerprints, looks quite terrible

201810-1
201812-2
201814-3

btw, the case has a limited space, seems only suitable to carry a board with no cap.
201816-4

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 18:40:05 »
I received mine also.

As you can see from the pictures, the brass plate has lots of fingerprints on it.  To be honest, it wouldn't have pass QC if it was me hosting a GB.  I don't think that is acceptable for the price we paid.

More concerning is the brass weight.  In the pic, you can see there is a nick on the bottom of the weight, on the bottom of the letter "E".

kenlee, I ordered an extra pcb along with an extra plate.  I only received one PCB in the package.  I did receive the extra red plate along with the brass plate that is installed in the case.

What can we do about the missing PCB and the damage on the weight?  Please advise.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 19:50:04 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

btw, the case has a limited space, seems only suitable to carry a board with no cap.
(Attachment Link)

I received mine also.

As you can see from the pictures, the brass plate has lots of fingerprints on it.  To be honest, it wouldn't have pass QC if it was me hosting a GB.  I don't think that is acceptable for the price we paid.

More concerning is the brass weight.  In the pic, you can see there is a nick on the bottom of the weight, on the bottom of the letter "E".

kenlee, I ordered an extra pcb along with an extra plate.  I only received one PCB in the package.  I did receive the extra red plate along with the brass plate that is installed in the case.

What can we do about the missing PCB and the damage on the weight?  Please advise.

To eyedrop:

I'll send you a replacement of weight for sure and about extra pcb i think we have figured it out  ;)

I'm sorry for those visible finger prints on brass plates and weights

Tbh i've asked factory to be cautious of these but it seems they didn't fulfill completely

I just asked Eve how to fix it and if anyone know any good methods pls feel free to share 

Offline Myan

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 21:46:11 »
Ares LSJ limited-edition

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 22:29:34 »
damn those look good

Offline kivx

« Reply #274 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 22:33:45 »

JYL00870
by Jayin Lee, 於 Flickr

YEAH!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 19:43:24 »
Show Image

JYL00870
by Jayin Lee, 於 Flickr

YEAH!

that color is so nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 05:29:05 »
Just picked up my Ares up from the DHL post office, was really happy until I unpacked the whole thing.
Not sure how it happend, Kenlee checked all boards before shipping so it must have rubbed against something while it was packed up.
Also got the dirty plate and weight but that's not really something care about at this point.

Already contacted kenlee about it and he's helping me out to find a solution.  :(

Offline m1raz

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 19:14:33 »
The more I see it and feel this red is a great match for gmk laser, also it's a nice and smooth finish board

Good job kenlee  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 19:29:21 »
The more I see it and feel this red is a great match for gmk laser, also it's a nice and smooth finish board

Show Image

nice!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline derekjw

« Reply #279 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 04:46:02 »
Finished my build, very happy with it, thanks kenlee!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #280 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 10:32:18 »

Show Image

silver best color

Offline mechamode

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 12:28:01 »

I just asked Eve how to fix it and if anyone know any good methods pls feel free to share

I use Bar Keeper's Friend to remove fingerprints from brass plates.

Offline derekjw

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 04:44:31 »

I gave that a try and it worked great, thanks!

Offline juntheboon

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 11:50:50 »
wish i got in on this! looks awesome.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 09:14:05 »

I gave that a try and it worked great, thanks!
I received mine also.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Sorry for uncomfortable and inconvenience about the finger prints of the plates and weights. Eve know that and promise he will improve this part.

Thanks for mechamode sharing and here is my way for your reference.

1. Mix lemon juice +salt, I used one lemon(depends on what size of vessel you use)

2. Put the weight/plate in the vessel for some minutes.

3. For the serious oxidized parts I'd suggest to take a tag with some (lemon water+salt) to polish.

If you don't have any suitable vessels you also can use rag+(lemon water+salt) as well.

After polishing remember use water or soda water to wash and then dry it.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 09:25:01 »
Ares LSJ limited-edition

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

JYL00870
by Jayin Lee, 於 Flickr

YEAH!

Show Image

Show Image

There's nothing better than seeing your sharing pics.

Appreciate for your big supports and looking forward to see more built pics.

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 22:16:31 »

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 23:17:37 »
Show Image

Please sir, show us a top down view.
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 12:01:45 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 12:51:36 »
Show Image

/swoon

That's the case color of my dreams.  Looks great, man

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 12:56:10 »

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 12:49:17 »
So its been a rough couple weeks since I got my ares :(

My friend lost the cord to my soldering iron, so I havent been able to assemble it yet. Also I need to find a keyset to match the purple, since all I have to spare right now is GMK plum
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 14:39:50 »
Show Image

/swoon

That's the case color of my dreams.  Looks great, man

Thanks! And yes it came out great!

Offline Jkshowman

Re: [GB] LSJ Ares HHKB-Style Keyboard [GB CLOSED]
« Reply #293 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 15:06:44 »
Hello! Does anyone happen to have an extra brass plate?
Thank you!!

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #294 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 15:48:14 »

Horrible potato pic.

Ares, Cherry G81-3090SAQ, Holy Pandas, KWK artisans
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2018, 17:21:18 by DJSwayde »
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 22:14:29 »
omg this is so sexy why wallet why weren't you there for me
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 11:07:11 »
Show Image

Horrible potato pic.

Ares, Cherry G81-3090SAQ, Holy Pandas, KWK artisans

nice, swayde. great use of R5 caps

Offline xandr

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 21:10:39 »
So its been a rough couple weeks since I got my ares :(

My friend lost the cord to my soldering iron, so I havent been able to assemble it yet. Also I need to find a keyset to match the purple, since all I have to spare right now is GMK plum

So you're saying GMK Plum does not work well with the purple case? That was actually the keyset I was aiming for. :S
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #298 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 21:13:46 »
So you're saying GMK Plum does not work well with the purple case? That was actually the keyset I was aiming for. :S

Do not fret.

Purple will be just fine with GMK Plum.

:thumb:

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 14:29:12 »
Time for R2?