Author Topic: [IC] Krytox GPL 103 (Ordered)  (Read 26047 times)

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
[IC] Krytox GPL 103 (Ordered)
« on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 22:19:06 »
This is my first IC, so please bear with me :)

Is there any interest in this oil? If so, I can get a .5kg bottle (17.6 oz.) for ~$225 after shipping. Total cost should not be more than $20 per ounce, which is much better than the $45 miller-stephenson charge for it.
Product Link - http://www.netmercury.com/Products/General-Purpose-GPL_2/KRYTOX-GPL-103-OIL-5-KG

Edit: Well it looks as though Netmercury.com has to special order this, but there are a few places that sell it for $225-$250 Shipped. I'll know more when I call them on Monday, but it shouldn't cost more than $13-$15 per ounce, regardless of who I get it from. Anyway, I will try my hardest to get this for us and will update this when I know more.

I'm open to ideas for how to ship, but I'm thinking we'll need boxes instead of packets. Priority small flat rate is ~$5.15, but I'm open to the idea of using smaller boxes if someone has an idea where to get them cheap or free.

New Shipping Info

Seems I'll take WFD's advice "They can be shipped in small dropper bottle vials by USPS first class, should only cost ~$2 within the US or ~$7 international" and I'll also offer smaller quantities.

Modified form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y68EdSE0Wyehx2Rgey9Gi471ODCeWdZiEFJ8x_oV6AU/viewform

*For those of you who already signed up, no need to sign up again. I'll message you all sometime next week (including those who are international).  I'll allow you to purchase anywhere between .5 oz and the amount you chose on the form.

I'll be purchasing this tomorrow morning and will give priority to people who signed up first. If for some reason this is going against IC/GB standards, please let me know.

Group Buy Thread - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41112.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2013, 20:52:14 by Jocelyn »

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: [IC] Krytox GPL 103
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:20:45 »
I've been looking for these for awhile now.  Guess I'm in!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:21:19 »
Form filled, I'd like an ounce to try it out as comparison to other lubes.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:23:09 »
Interested, depending if shipping is possible to milk bag land.

Offline Sai

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:24:32 »
YES. I AM IN. WHOO HOO

EDIT : only US?  :(
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:26:30 »
I've been looking for these for awhile now.  Guess I'm in!  :)

Last group buy for how long?

So... is 1 oz a little much for the average Joe?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:26:49 »
Interested, depending if shipping is possible to milk bag land.

YES. I AM IN. WHOO HOO

EDIT : only US?

Yeah I should probably Bold that and make it red. I have no problems shipping internationally, but I know there are heavy restrictions when it comes to shipping liquids.

Last group buy for how long?

So... is 1 oz a little much for the average Joe?

I'll run this again immediately after the first one. You can watch WFD unbox a 1oz bottle here -
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:28:36 by Jocelyn »

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:27:27 »
You'd also have to check the MSDS to see what volatiles are in it.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Sai

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:36:47 »

Yeah I should probably Bold that and make it red. I have no problems shipping internationally, but I know there are heavy restrictions when it comes to shipping liquids.

yea. its risky for the liquid too.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:40:24 »
BTW - bottles can be had from midwestbottles.com super cheap in a huge variety of sizes.  Make sure whatever you get comes with a cap or you add in the right cap.

For instance, ridiculous design, but $.20 ea:   http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=953
Not so silly design, same price:  http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=1482
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:42:46 by alaricljs »
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:45:36 »
1oz is way too much for a typical person. I've lubbed many keyboards and my 1oz bottle has not run out yet. Of course it's mixed with GPL-205 as well, but even if you use 103 exclusively, half of it should last more than 5 keyboards. If it's any less, then you're using way too much and it could end up running everywhere inside the switch.

I would think a quarter-ounce is more reasonable for a person, or half-oz if you're worried. My guess would be after lubing 1 or two keyboards, you'll hate lubing.

They can be shipped in small dropper bottle vials by USPS first class, should only cost ~$2 within the US or ~$7 international.

Lastly, I believe The_Ed was planning to run a GB for krytox GPL 100 through 106 oils.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:47:28 »

yea. its risky for the liquid too.

I promise to look into international options for the second .5kg bottle.
Change that to the initial order. WFD says it's not so bad, so I will be in contact.

BTW - bottles can be had from midwestbottles.com super cheap in a huge variety of sizes.  Make sure whatever you get comes with a cap or you add in the right cap.

For instance, ridiculous design, but $.20 ea:   http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=953
Not so silly design, same price:  http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=1482

Thanks for this! I knew people wanted this, but I wasn't expecting this much attention. I really don't mind putting ~$225 on the line, so maybe I should just order it and forget the group buy.
Let me know what you all think and I promise to sell to you who have already signed up on the form.

1oz is way too much for a typical person. I've lubbed many keyboards and my 1oz bottle has not run out yet. Of course it's mixed with GPL-205 as well, but even if you use 103 exclusively, half of it should last more than 5 keyboards. If it's any less, then you're using way too much and it could end up running everywhere inside the switch.

I would think a quarter-ounce is more reasonable for a person, or half-oz if you're worried. My guess would be after lubing 1 or two keyboards, you'll hate lubing.

They can be shipped in small dropper bottle vials by USPS first class, should only cost ~$2 within the US or ~$7 international.

Lastly, I believe The_Ed was planning to run a GB for krytox GPL 100 through 106 oils.

Well thanks for this bit of info! I'm pretty sure The_Ed talked about only doing 100 and 106, but passed it off to someone else in the UK.

The_Ed's post - http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/krytox-gpl-200-t4737-30.html#p91867
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:12:50 by Jocelyn »

Offline Sai

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:22:01 »
Thank you.  :-*.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:26:12 »
Thank you.  :-*.

NP!
I just hope it doesn't involve me being at the post office for 8 hours. I remember sending a motherboard to someone in Canada and it was so time consuming. Hopefully I can pre-fill out forms and essentially drop everything off at the counter lol.

PS - I'm not sure it's okay to buy it and sell it on a first come first serve basis or if this is something I should take to a GB. I'd rather go with the first option, but any feedback would be appreciated :)

Edit: Again, I'll be in contact with you few who already filled out the form early next week (Mon/Tue). No big deal if you'd like to downsize your quantities.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:33:17 by Jocelyn »

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:33:31 »
I ran a quick Krytox 200 GB a little while ago (15x 2 ounce tubes - $603.70). I will for sure offer 200-207 in my next lube GB. The oils 100-107 are up in the air so far. If I offer the oils it will be cheaper to get the large containers and measure out into little bottles. But I will also have to get a scale to accurately measure (which would have to be padded into the price). If there is a LOT of interest in the oils I could be persuaded to do the oils as well as the greases.

As a not so quick note - I did the first GB not for profit, and paid beforehand out of my own pocket. It was a bit hard to fill the vacancies when there were a few dropouts, thus I will have the next one be prepay only. I would also want a few dollars for my time and such if I have to do so much work again, which I'm sure you all can understand. 0.5KG from my source is <$200 + shipping as far as I remember, but that might just apply for the greases. I will ask for a current quote on the oils as well if you want.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline sordna

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:47:21 »
You don't have a scale? Gosh a scale is sooo useful, you *need* one, and electronic kitchen scales are cheap and amazingly accurate. I have an "Eat Smart Precision Pro", it does up to 5kg and is very accurate with small weights too, I've had it for a couple of years, and happened to test it with 5-100g weights just last week and it was spot on.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:14:46 »
Pretty sure you weren't referring to me sordna, but I do have one of those kitchen ones. I don't know what I'd do without it TBH

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:18:57 »
Jocelyn says he doesn't want to wait and have me order 103 in my next lube GB. He is going to go ahead with his order which is fine by me.

I wonder how 107 would fare in clicky switches as 200 kills the click... 107 shouldn't run nearly as much as any of the thinner oils, hmmm... Yeah I might get a kitchen/ammo/postage scale and some little bottles and offer the oils as well... My next lube GB won't be lightning fast like the first one will it...
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
[IC] Krytox GPL 103
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:38:06 »
Jocelyn says he doesn't want to wait and have me order 103 in my next lube GB. He is going to go ahead with his order which is fine by me.

I wonder how 107 would fare in clicky switches as 200 kills the click... 107 shouldn't run nearly as much as any of the thinner oils, hmmm... Yeah I might get a kitchen/ammo/postage scale and some little bottles and offer the oils as well... My next lube GB won't be lightning fast like the first one will it...

She* :)

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:49:17 »
What do you all want for bottles? The last one is probably a bad idea, but I'm not sure what you all one. I'm only going to pick one.

Ridiculous design - http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=953
Normal design - http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=1482
Tube Bottle w/ Green Snap Top Dispensing Cap - http://www.midwestbottles.com/index.php?p=product&id=1510

Like I said, I'll buy the oil in the morning. I'd do it now, but I feel like I'm in breaking bad and ordering chemicals at this time of night feels shady :)

Offline sordna

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:53:19 »
Pretty sure you weren't referring to me sordna, but I do have one of those kitchen ones. I don't know what I'd do without it TBH

No, my reply was right below The_Ed who said this, didn't you read it?  I was surprised since a scale is a rather essential item.

But I will also have to get a scale to accurately measure (which would have to be padded into the price).
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:56:53 by sordna »
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Sai

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:55:05 »
the last one is not a good choice. :D
i like the 2nd one better.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:58:36 »

No, my reply was right below The_Ed who said this, didn't you read it?

But I will also have to get a scale to accurately measure (which would have to be padded into the price).

Yes, I realize the context connected it to The_Ed. I disclaimed with the intention of making my reply about a scale more coherent and I didn't want to make an assumption. Sorry :)

the last one is not a good choice. :D
i like the 2nd one better.

Haha. I didn't think so, but wanted to make sure. The second bottle it is then :)

Edit: Anymore than 15 bottles and the shipping is ~$12, but I think I can do two orders for slightly less.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 02:07:56 by Jocelyn »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 02:35:07 »
Jocelyn if you're running this, how accurate and what decimal place can your scale weigh up to? At a minimum, you'd have to have something that can weigh to a hundredth of an ounce since you're dealing with ounce fractions. Ideally, you'd want something that is accurate to 1 thousandth of an ounce, but those are expensive. This is important because these lube are very expensive for the amount you get, so every drop counts and must be measurable.

For reference, a quarter ounce is only about 7 gram. If your scale is accurate to the hundredth, that translates to +/- about 1 gram. So if you're shipping out quarter oz, one bottle could have 6g, one could have 8g. Someone could potentially have 33% more than the next guy. But of course if you're doing them in half oz or full 1oz, the difference is less noticeable, but you're still paying by the drop.

Offline sordna

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 02:41:46 »
Jocelyn if you're running this, how accurate and what decimal place can your scale weigh up to? At a minimum, you'd have to have something that can weigh to a hundredth of an ounce since you're dealing with ounce fractions. Ideally, you'd want something that is accurate to 1 thousandth of an ounce, but those are expensive.

Come on, a kitchen scale with 1gram accuracy (~ 30th of an ounce) is fine. At 50c for a gram of lubricant, at most someone will benefit by $1 over another person. No big deal.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 02:43:54 »
Jocelyn if you're running this, how accurate and what decimal place can your scale weigh up to? At a minimum, you'd have to have something that can weigh to a hundredth of an ounce since you're dealing with ounce fractions. Ideally, you'd want something that is accurate to 1 thousandth of an ounce, but those are expensive. This is important because these lube are very expensive for the amount you get, so every drop counts and must be measurable.

For reference, a quarter ounce is only about 7 gram. If your scale is accurate to the hundredth, that translates to +/- about 1 gram. So if you're shipping out quarter oz, one bottle could have 6g, one could have 8g. Someone could potentially have 33% more than the next guy. But of course if you're doing them in half oz or full 1oz, the difference is less noticeable, but you're still paying by the drop.

It goes down to a half gram, but it's only going to cost people around $15/ounce (~28.3g) which is very cheap imo. I also plan to bottle all of it up using a syringe and measure it with the scale, so I don't think anyone will get shorted.
If you think I'm still being short sided with this, do let me know :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 02:45:50 by Jocelyn »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 02:56:07 »
I keep forgetting it's $15/oz, not the $45/oz that I paid :/

I also don't have a kitchen scale so I don't know how accurate those are. I have a microscale that's more accurate than a thousandth of an ounce (tenth of a gram), but it can't even weigh something over a pound.

Offline sordna

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 03:25:12 »
I have one of these calibration kits that I got to measure switch forces on various keyboards, and it's also handy to verify scales. Amazon sells it for $13 shipped. The weights have a flat surface on top, so you can stack various weights together to see what exact force your switch needs.

http://www.amazon.com/Calibration-Kit-Tweezers-Weights-10mg/dp/B0010TEPLA/

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 03:30:12 by sordna »

Offline Batmann

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 03:53:22 »
I filled in the form but I'm confused,
will you ship overseas?
also, thread crapping aside, there is GPL105 available on ebay, is there a big difference with 103?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 07:37:50 »
I'm in. Form filled.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 11:44:12 »
I filled in the form but I'm confused,
will you ship overseas?
also, thread crapping aside, there is GPL105 available on ebay, is there a big difference with 103?

I'm going to try my best to include you international people. I got the impression from WFD that it will not be too difficult and he said it should be ~$7 to ship.

I have a few sellers who have already gotten back to me, but I'm still waiting to hear from Netmercury.com
I doubt it will come to this, but if I run into any problems trying to buy this, my Dad should have no problem obtaining it and shipping it to me.
I'll know more for sure on Monday and will update the OP if I hear anything sooner.

In case anyone is interested, the IC form currently shows an interest for 14.6 of 17.6 ounces.
If for some reason you sign up after the total amount is reached and miss out, please be patient as I will most likely do at least one more purchase shortly after this one.

Offline Leewei

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 11:46:59 »
for clears can this be used to lube everything from sliders to springs?
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 11:49:59 »

I think most of us will be mixing this with 205 Grease for the stems and I'm don't believe this is good springs. WFD recommends Victorinox oil for them and it only costs ~$5

Victorinox oik for $5.95 shipped - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-FOOD-GRADE-KNIFE-OIL-5-ML-w-Applicator-/140841455355

WFD Videos I'm referencing
Lubing MX Switches -
Expensive lube mixtures -
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 12:00:48 by Jocelyn »

Offline Leewei

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 12:21:09 »
aight. good to know. thanks for info jocelyn =)
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 13:04:23 »
This seems like a good place to ask, but how do you think GPL 103 lube compares to the teflon dry lubes? I also found tribolube which is intended for the same use as GPL-105 but at around half the price. Click here and scroll down to read about tribolube
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline sordna

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 13:08:47 »
I've tried a teflon dry lube and it was nowhere near as good as wet lubes. Not worth it IMO.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 14:58:48 »

I think most of us will be mixing this with 205 Grease for the stems and I'm don't believe this is good springs. WFD recommends Victorinox oil for them and it only costs ~$5

Victorinox oik for $5.95 shipped - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-FOOD-GRADE-KNIFE-OIL-5-ML-w-Applicator-/140841455355

Lubing MX Switches -

do you guys literally mix the two 50/50? i cant view the video right now, so if answer in there i apologize

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
[IC] Krytox GPL 103
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 16:38:25 »
In! Form filled :)

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 00:09:12 »

Lubing MX Switches -

So the Victorinox oil can be used for the springs for all switches or just clears? Same with the mixture of 205 Grease and Kryptox GPL 103, this mixture will be used for the stems and inside of switch housing, correct?

Sorry if this has been said, I haven't been following the thread and want to make sure before I buy :))

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: [IC] Krytox GPL 103
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 00:11:18 »

So the Victorinox oil can be used for the springs for all switches or just clears? Same with the mixture of 205 Grease and Kryptox GPL 103, this mixture will be used for the stems and inside of switch housing, correct?

Sorry if this has been said, I haven't been following the thread and want to make sure before I buy :))

I believe Victorinox works well with all springs, but I'm not 100% sure. The 205/103 mixture should be fine for everything other than the clicky part of blues/greens/whites, but again I'm not sure.

I'm also paying for this up front (will know a lot more on Monday), so there's no need to commit to buying. I had originally started this IC with the intention of collecting money first and doing a GB, but later realized I could handle the cost on my own. I also had a feeling a lot of people would be interested, but I wasn't expecting this much interest in such a short time. Right now, 17.1 of 17.6 ounces is potentially claimed (You're on the list). I'll go down the the list after I receive it, and you can tell me if you're still interested. DuPont has this readily available, so it shouldn't take more than a few days to reach a reseller and figure another 2-3 to reach me.

If I had to guess, I see myself shipping this out two weeks from now at the latest, but that's a very general estimate. Like I said, I'll know more details on Monday.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2013, 00:31:34 by Jocelyn »

Offline sordna

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 00:30:42 »
Does lubing springs really make any difference? I honestly couldn't tell a difference. Sliders yes, springs nada.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 03:11:12 »
I always got the impression that lubing the springs was to avoid them making a noise, when their ends "scraped" against the housing/stem.

Offline sordna

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 03:28:46 »
Well, the spring ends are actually stationary with respect to the surfaces they are resting against.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 03:34:28 »
I know, but I believe this is more or less the argument, noise or not. I really can't see what else lubing the springs should be good for.

EDIT: Just did some digging and the argument seems to be:
As long as there is a chance of friction, you should lube it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2013, 03:42:31 by Broadmonkey »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 03:53:11 »
You should lube springs. Whether or not you want to put the time into that is up to you. I actually question this at first too since it adds another 1.5 hours to the lubing process, but it does help a little bit. I noticed this when you can literally hear the springs make noise, but after lubing it goes away. The noise is from it rubbing against the inside of the stem and the bottom switch housing. Although it doesn't rotate, the coils rubs on these two walls. When you lube it, it reduces the rubbing friction, that's why there's no more spring noise.

Brandmonkey is right, basically just lube anywhere that comes in contact with a moving part.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 14:05:15 »
You should lube springs. Whether or not you want to put the time into that is up to you. I actually question this at first too since it adds another 1.5 hours to the lubing process, but it does help a little bit. I noticed this when you can literally hear the springs make noise, but after lubing it goes away. The noise is from it rubbing against the inside of the stem and the bottom switch housing. Although it doesn't rotate, the coils rubs on these two walls. When you lube it, it reduces the rubbing friction, that's why there's no more spring noise.

Brandmonkey is right, basically just lube anywhere that comes in contact with a moving part.

So do you just eyeball the 103 and 250 mixture WFD? Or do you do a certain amount of drops with the 103 and a certain amount plunged in with the 205?

Thank you for making the videos btw, can't even say how much it helped me! I just ordered some Victorinox and will wait eagerly for this Krytox!

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 14:40:04 »

Would 103 suffice for lubing springs? If I can help it I'd rather not need multiple types of lube.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 16:17:31 »
Why is everyone talking about weight.  Shouldn't we be getting fluid ounces, not ounces by weight?  They are different.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 16:22:54 »
Why is everyone talking about weight.  Shouldn't we be getting fluid ounces, not ounces by weight?  They are different.

It's sold in Kilograms not Kiloliters :)

Offline cancelx

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 17:47:50 »
Kiloliter would be damn expensive :D
Model M SSK - WASD V1 - CM Storm QFR - Ducky Year of the Rabbit - Realforce 87U - WASD V2 - K-Type