Author Topic: [IC] Hammer's Titanium Spacebar & Modifier Keycaps Pick the FONTS!!  (Read 22235 times)

Offline alixinhzai

In for 3 space and one enter: )

Offline kiczek

Can Hammer do Filco Ninja engraving?  I own a USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Click Action, Keyboard FKBN87MC/EFB2

OMG Titanium Modifiers side engraved /drool

QuantityPriceTotalDescription
11001001. 6.25x Brushed Titanium Spacebar
240802a. 1.25x Ctrl Brushed Ninja Engraved
240802b. 1.25x Windows Brushed Ninja Engraved
240802c. 1.25x Alt Brushed Ninja Engraved
140402d. 1.25x Menu Brushed Ninja Engraved
185853. Enter Brushed Ninja Engraved
185854. Backspace Brushed Ninja Engraved
185855. Left Shift Brushed Ninja Engraved
185856. Right Shift Brushed Ninja Engraved
145457a. Tab Brushed Ninja Engraved
145457b. \ | Brushed Ninja Engraved
145458. Capslock Brushed Ninja Engraved
15855Total Cost for a Filco Ninja Engraved Modifier Set

Does this price include the divorce paperwork I will need?
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 April 2013, 00:32:28 by kiczek »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Hammer's Titanium Spacebar & Modifier Keycaps (Interest Check) Pick Three!!
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 01:14:33 »
Hahahahaha! Topre cannot withstand the might of a metal keycap.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jalaj

How about Topre compatible Ti spacebars? At least for HHKB P2 and RF 87U/104U.

Hammer and I have talked about this months ago and unfortunately it's not gonna work. Apparently it's not impossible to make Ti spacebar w/ Topre stems, but the thing is that metal spacebar would ruin your Topre keyboards. And not just spacebar, also all the other metal keycaps like R1, R2, R3, etc. I'm sure you've noticed that whenever you push down a Topre keycap, you would hear a clicking sound. There's a little plastic thing inside the Topre switch causing that clicking sound. Plastic keycaps are elastic, but metal ones are not. If you're trying to install a metal keycap on Topre keyboard, it would damage that plastic little thing.

good to know, thanks

Offline mm87

Any chance to have both Shifts together as 1 option?

Offline feng

• * Vendor
After talking to Hammer, he said that maybe we can do these three: Spacebar, Atl/Ctrl set, and Left/Right Shift set. What do you guys think of it? We can leave the enter, backspace, etc. for the next round.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
After talking to Hammer, he said that maybe we can do these three: Spacebar, Atl/Ctrl set, and Left/Right Shift set. What do you guys think of it? We can leave the enter, backspace, etc. for the next round.

Sounds good to me! More keys = better
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
Titanium Amazing !!!
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline kiczek

Sounds good to me! More keys = better

Will he do the Windows Key and Menu Key ? Can he engrave the keys on the side "ninja" style ?

Offline feng

• * Vendor
Yeah Windows and Menu are included in the Ctrl/Alt set. Hammer said side engraving is not a problem, but he would prefer not doing it for this round. We need to keep this group buy as simple as possible for Hammer, it's already a lot of work for him to do. He said that if we want side printing, then it gotta be all side printing, no top printing provided then. But I guess most would still prefer go with top printing.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 April 2013, 03:41:25 by feng »

Offline feng

• * Vendor
Now we would only have two different fonts to provide and these two fonts have to look clearly different because it would be easy to mix them up during shippin if they look alike. Cherry font will most likely be one of the two choices.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Can we not just keep them blank? Nice and simple :)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
It's funny that you have time to respond to this thread, but not your other threads where people are still missing items.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
It's funny that you have time to respond to this thread, but not your other threads where people are still missing items.

Uhmmmm, you're more than likely thinking of sherry who's been AKF for a while

Feng has always been good about updating people and filling orders

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린

We've been waiting over three months for our pullers :p

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏

We've been waiting over three months for our pullers :p

Oh, I was thinking of, but never did buy one. I've never had problems with feng before, the R1 Ti spacebars were produced and shipped relatively fast considering the manufacturing process

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
I've never had problems with feng either, until now. But then I personally never had problems with sherryton until this bout of them, so...

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Why aren't more people excited by this?!

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
I think more people just look at the Group Buy section. A lot of interest checks never get off the ground, so they try not to get their hopes up by only checking the groupbuys.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
I'd get one of the multi finished SB's, expensive, yes, worth it, ?.

Offline mm87

Makes the most sense IMO.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 April 2013, 04:46:44 by mm87 »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Sounds like a good idea to me, when will this be likely to happen?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

I've bought heaps of stuff from Feng and never, ever had any problems at all.  This guy sends the stuff out almost immediately.  To me, he's the MOST TRUSTED Seller here on Geekhack.

Enough said  8) .

That is why I'm always interested in his Group Buys particularly when it comes to Key-caps.

Offline habitualapse

These are so nice, but my eyes have definitely outgrown my wallet.

...I'd be in for a space bar, though. damn these impulses... *smacks head*
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TKL

Offline An9e11

So excited!!  ;D

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

Because it isn't Topre

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Hammer's Titanium Spacebar & Modifier Keycaps (Interest Check) Pick Three!!
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 22:41:05 »

Because it isn't Topre

Brotoprecaps!

Gotta discover a way for titanium topre.....glue on plastic stems to a titanium shell?

Offline jalaj

Brotoprecaps!

Gotta discover a way for titanium topre.....glue on plastic stems to a titanium shell?

Or, a titanium external overlay piece over a plastic cap with the stems, like the Model M's.

Offline The_Ed

Enough with the topre babble. This thread is for metal MX keys, so start another thread to complain about there being no feasibility for metal topre keys. Even those plastic shapeways topre keys didn't fit on right.
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
I think part of why so many ordered shiny in R1 was because the sand blasted pictures came late, and there were only one or two and it was of modifiers or something not even spacebars. I just got a shiny aluminum spacebar and it is a fingerprint magnet. I don't need more maintenance than mechanical keyboards already require (polishing fingerprints off).

I hope payment isn't required for this until June/July. Need to save up unless I get lots of cash gifts at the wedding :p
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline feng

• * Vendor
Can we not just keep them blank? Nice and simple :)
I was about to keep them blank, but then I thought there must be some people really loving the printed ones.

I have too many things to handle at this time, but I'll try my best to take care of each group buy.

Sounds like a good idea to me, when will this be likely to happen?
If I have enough time, I will launch the group buy this week. If not, then next week after my Finals.

I hope payment isn't required for this until June/July. Need to save up unless I get lots of cash gifts at the wedding :p
No need to worry about it, I'm sure you'll have time to save up. :) I'll be taking orders for one and half month. If it starts on May 1st, then I'll stop taking orders on June 15th. As usual, first batch of production will start first for those who have placed an order.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
I'm ordering blanks, but cherry font would for sure be the most popular

I don't even know what comic sans is anywhere near this....

Offline Trev

What are the odds of something like this happening for Topre? Is there simply no tooling for such a thing?
We're all stuck with ABS(yuck) spacebars.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
What are the odds of something like this happening for Topre? Is there simply no tooling for such a thing?

None, metal doesn't work with topre. feng answered this on the first page I think

Offline Trev

None, metal doesn't work with topre. feng answered this on the first page I think
Ah, I missed that. So... the design depends on the keycap material having some give for the retention mechanism to not completely wear out, makes sense. Guess I'll keep trolling around waiting for a Topre PBT spacebar (how is it possible that these don't exist?).

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Arial Rounded seems nice. If you can't get Futura Italic.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Trev

Arial Helvetica Rounded seems nice. If you can't get Futura Italic.

I fixed that for you, sir. :D

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Please tell me that blank is still an option?!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Anyone?

Offline Jupiter

Bottom of first post says prices are for blank and engraving is extra $5. I'm assuming that means you can still get blanks.
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Phew thanks!

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
How heavy are these Titanium SB's in comparison to the Aluminum ones that you recently put out Feng?

Do we have option to make thick vs thin?  would thin be cheaper?

Offline The_Ed

Why does no-one seem to read the OP...

There're two types of thickness for the spacebar: 1.0 mm and 1.5 mm. The spacebars from last group buy are all 1.0 mm and I would say they're already pretty heavy (about 15g for 6.25x 3-stems, 18g for 6.25x 6-stems). Thick plastic keycaps are awesome, but thick metal keycaps? I don't really think so.  :rolleyes: But someone keep asking me about the extra thick version, so here it is.

The approximate price is for blank keycaps only. The engraving service charges $5 for each keycap. We have two different fonts for you. We haven't decided on which two we're going to provide yet. But most likely Cherry font would be one of the choices.

FYI - Thinner means more work because you have to remove more material.

I changed my SB switch from a red to a black for my thin titanium SB, so I *may* have to change to a grey 37 for a thick one.
R.I.P.ster

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏

There're two types of thickness for the spacebar: 1.0 mm and 1.5 mm. The spacebars from last group buy are all 1.0 mm and I would say they're already pretty heavy (about 15g for 6.25x 3-stems, 18g for 6.25x 6-stems). Thick plastic keycaps are awesome, but thick metal keycaps? I don't really think so.  :rolleyes: But someone keep asking me about the extra thick version, so here it is.

The approximate price is for blank keycaps only. The engraving service charges $5 for each keycap. We have two different fonts for you. We haven't decided on which two we're going to provide yet. But most likely Cherry font would be one of the choices.

I changed my SB switch from a red to a black for my thin titanium SB, so I *may* have to change to a grey 37 for a thick one.

I thought they cast the Ti and then machined it. If that's true, then it would be no more work to make a thin Ti spacebar, and would use less material

Offline The_Ed

R.I.P.ster

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏

This tells me nothing, they still could have been cast

Offline The_Ed

The amount of customization would mean a LOT of molds if they were cast...
R.I.P.ster

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
The amount of customization would mean a LOT of molds if they were cast...

Not really, a pattern could be made out of wood and cast in sand. No dies would be needed

ANYWAYS.........

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones

I have read the OP when it was first posted, which as been a while.  Also the OP has been modified since I originally read it.

Offline The_Ed

That was in the ORIGINAL OP...
R.I.P.ster