Author Topic: TMK keyboard firmware  (Read 294045 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: TMK keyboard firmware
« Reply #1850 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 23:57:21 »
pabile,
It seems Bootmagic is accidentally eabled, you need to clear config in EEPROM.

First, download default frimware from Editor and flash it.  http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?alps64
Second, Plug-in while pressing Space and Backspace(top right key).
Now, your keyboard should be normal.

If this problem is reproduced you will have to check and fix your soldering.

See this for Bootmagic if needed.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/#boot-magic-configuration---virtual-dip-switch
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 July 2017, 23:59:34 by hasu »
⚠ My Engrish is broken.  !!!FC980C Alt GB!!! HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C Alt

Offline pabile

• Garage
« Reply #1851 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 00:05:55 »
noted with thanks, hasu. i'll try this when i get back home later this evening. may i ask how does one enables bootmagic? through key combination? just asking to avoid it in future.

thanks for the quicky reply  :thumb:

Offline pabile

• Garage
« Reply #1852 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 07:47:51 »
First, download default frimware from Editor and flash it.  http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?alps64
Second, Plug-in while pressing Space and Backspace(top right key).
Now, your keyboard should be normal.

hi hasu! just letting you know that your instructions above fixed my board. your alps64 and tmk really are amazing  :-*

Offline pOngey

« Reply #1853 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 08:23:08 »
Hi Hasu,

I decided to create a hand-wired mechanical keyboard a while back in time and it was a tough journey; but it was really fun. I got everything connected and finally was able to generate a hex file earlier today (from my office's mac) after struggling with Windows and comma placements.

So, thinking that I finally got the hex file generated, I decided to flash it to my keeb. I am using Teensy.exe to flash the hex file to my Teensy 2.0, but after rebooting, the keyboard seems not to work... My PC also starts giving USB connecting/disconnecting sound effects in a loop for a while. After a couple of cycles, my Teensy turns into 'Program Mode' and nothing happens...

I reflashed the Teensy with slow_blink.hex and it's working fine. I'm too afraid to reflash it with my keyboard hex file.

Would you say the problem is from the hardware rather than a software issue?

-pOngey

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1854 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 16:35:22 »
Hi Hasu,

I decided to create a hand-wired mechanical keyboard a while back in time and it was a tough journey; but it was really fun. I got everything connected and finally was able to generate a hex file earlier today (from my office's mac) after struggling with Windows and comma placements.

So, thinking that I finally got the hex file generated, I decided to flash it to my keeb. I am using Teensy.exe to flash the hex file to my Teensy 2.0, but after rebooting, the keyboard seems not to work... My PC also starts giving USB connecting/disconnecting sound effects in a loop for a while. After a couple of cycles, my Teensy turns into 'Program Mode' and nothing happens...

I reflashed the Teensy with slow_blink.hex and it's working fine. I'm too afraid to reflash it with my keyboard hex file.

-pOngey

Not sure what the problem exactly is but TMK has function to turn keyboard into program mode and you can disable it  with uncomment 'COMMAND_ENABLE' and 'BOOTMAGIC_ENABLE' in your Makefile.
⚠ My Engrish is broken.  !!!FC980C Alt GB!!! HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C Alt

Offline pOngey

« Reply #1855 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 00:21:23 »
Hi Hasu,

-pOngey

Not sure what the problem exactly is but TMK has function to turn keyboard into program mode and you can disable it  with uncomment 'COMMAND_ENABLE' and 'BOOTMAGIC_ENABLE' in your Makefile.

Thank you for your reply, I will give it a try.

And thank you for your great supports!

-pOngey

Offline spwath

« Reply #1856 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 12:26:35 »
I'm having issues with making my firmware, not sure why.
I made this post about it, maybe should have made this post here.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90630.0

Offline linuxfanatic

• LED UNDERGLOW ALL TEH THINGZ
    • NFS Secrets Forum (Admin/Founder)
« Reply #1857 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 06:46:32 »
Thinking of getting one of these for an upcoming project, seeing as the Atmega32u2 is supported by TMK: https://www.mattairtech.com/index.php/development-boards/atmega32u2-usb-development-board-arduino-compatible.html

Which bootloader should i buy it with? Will the stock Arduino compatible one work or do I need the DFU one? If so, which DFU bootloader, the Atmel one or the other one?

AMJ60 w/ 45g MX Whites

Strong Man SMK-8851 w/ SKBM White Alps - USB Modded (built-in Soarer's Converter) + Pink LED Underglow

Online Tactile

« Reply #1858 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:17:32 »
Thinking of getting one of these for an upcoming project, seeing as the Atmega32u2 is supported by TMK: https://www.mattairtech.com/index.php/development-boards/atmega32u2-usb-development-board-arduino-compatible.html

Which bootloader should i buy it with? Will the stock Arduino compatible one work or do I need the DFU one? If so, which DFU bootloader, the Atmel one or the other one?

Between the offered choices the main difference is simply what tool you plan to use to program it. The two DFU options are for using FLIP from Atmel. The CDC bootloader won't work with FLIP, but works with AVRDUDE. I've used both tools and it wouldn't matter to me. If they say the CDC bootloader is recommended, that's what I'd go with.

Offline linuxfanatic

« Reply #1859 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:18:44 »

Between the offered choices the main difference is simply what tool you plan to use to program it. The two DFU options are for using FLIP from Atmel. The CDC bootloader won't work with FLIP, but works with AVRDUDE. I've used both tools and it wouldn't matter to me. If they say the CDC bootloader is recommended, that's what I'd go with.

Will either of them cause issues with getting TMK on the chips? I've heard that the Arduino bootloader might conflict with it.

AMJ60 w/ 45g MX Whites

Strong Man SMK-8851 w/ SKBM White Alps - USB Modded (built-in Soarer's Converter) + Pink LED Underglow

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #1860 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:33:57 »
no issue will come up. you can use any program method, tmk doesn't depend on bootloader. you don't have to even have bootloader if you have programmer like avrisp mkII.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:37:26 by hasu »

Offline linuxfanatic

« Reply #1861 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:44:11 »
no issue will come up. you can use any program method, tmk doesn't depend on bootloader. you don't have to even have bootloader if you have programmer like avrisp mkII.

Awesome, thanks!

AMJ60 w/ 45g MX Whites