Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763426 times)

Offline Subdromat

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #7400 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 11:05:18 »
I used PCB of 2013 Lioncast LK-20 TKL keyboard with Cherry MX black stock. Case is aliexpress as well keycaps . It was some kind hard using this specific very thick keycaps (also aliexpress), seems these are factory seconds and the board was not made for XDA keycaps, so I got to modify the wires of the stabs.The PCB well made, almost filco tolerances. Great thocky sound with underrated mx black switches !

Offline transeurasian

« Reply #7401 on: Mon, 01 January 2024, 10:39:18 »
D3D-KB

Offline argentstonecutter

• Greetings, programs!
« Reply #7402 on: Mon, 01 January 2024, 15:58:11 »
Home: E-Yooso K-620 with Outemu Silent Lime/Lemon switches and Guffercty Sakura keycaps, wired.

Work from home: Machenike K500A-B84W with Outemu Silent Lime/Lemon switches and Guffercty Sakura keycaps, wired.

Work at office: CIY X79 with Outemu Silent Lime/Lemon switches and Kon Momo keycaps, bluetooth.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 January 2024, 23:25:44 by argentstonecutter »

Offline wjrii

« Reply #7403 on: Mon, 01 January 2024, 19:05:58 »
NCR-80 with Gateron Oil Kings and SA Retro keycaps.

That is beautiful. Although I always use full size + that is the kind of small board that I would like.

If it were up to me, \| and `~ (and maybe even 1!) would be red ....

Yeah, I was going to use red pipe, but this one has side legend with Pi sign, so went with that :)

That is beautiful. Although I always use full size + that is the kind of small board that I would like.

Yeah, I was going to use red pipe, but this one has side legend with Pi sign, so went with that :)

That's always the debate, right?  Do you go for visual symmetry, or for the logical consistency that all keys in the main cluster that "type" something are one color, and all mods and control keys are another.

Offline VaporKeebs

« Reply #7404 on: Tue, 02 January 2024, 19:46:04 »
Still loving my Class65. I have made some changes since I first built it in March. But I have been using it since then.

Specs:
Class65 e-beige
JWK Taro tactiles
Cherry stabilizers
Polycarb plate
GMK Analog Dreams caps
InkBlot artisans

Mods:
switches lubed with Krytox 205g0
stabs lubed with Tribosys 3203
KeebMat acrylic pcb tape
removed brass weight
no foam

This is a photo of my builds through 2023 missing 2 I forgot about. LOL Class65 is top right.

Offline leck

« Reply #7405 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 02:38:16 »
Im pretty new to this hobby so Im still using my Keychron K2V2
Only modifications I've made so far are replacing the switches from Gateron brown to Ice Kachang switches and new keycaps.
I kinda want to mod it further but the battery keeps me from trying, as Im kinda scared of somehow causing a fire.

Any recommendation for battery-safe mods?

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #7406 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 06:41:10 »
Im pretty new to this hobby so Im still using my Keychron K2V2
Only modifications I've made so far are replacing the switches from Gateron brown to Ice Kachang switches and new keycaps.
I kinda want to mod it further but the battery keeps me from trying, as Im kinda scared of somehow causing a fire.

Any recommendation for battery-safe mods?

i dont think any mods should make your keyboard explode, other than maybe using the wrong kind of tape/foam but its not hard to get the right kind
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline leck

« Reply #7407 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 07:31:05 »
i dont think any mods should make your keyboard explode, other than maybe using the wrong kind of tape/foam but its not hard to get the right kind

As far as I know its not really a good idea to hinder the cooling capabilities of the battery by putting foam/silicone/tape next to it.
I know electrical tape is safer, but the problem is it leaves adhesive residue as opposed to painters tape, which doesnt. Problem is, the later is more flammable.
Then again, Im really new to all this stuff so I speak from what I've gathered by reading online -or personal experience with the materials themselves but for different applications- and what the common sense tells me (which is 'dont mess with batteries or youre asking for trouble' , lmao)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 January 2024, 07:36:19 by leck »

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #7408 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 07:44:44 »

As far as I know its not really a good idea to hinder the cooling capabilities of the battery by putting foam/silicone/tape next to it.
I know electrical tape is safer, but the problem is it leaves adhesive residue as opposed to painters tape, which doesnt. Problem is, the later is more flammable.
Then again, Im really new to all this stuff so I speak from what I've gathered by reading online -or personal experience with the materials themselves but for different applications- and what the common sense tells me (which is 'dont mess with batteries or youre asking for trouble' , lmao)

oh i didnt notice the battery part. i have a wireless board myself and i know other people have put foam in this same board but idk the details or if your battery is different
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline wjrii

« Reply #7409 on: Sun, 07 January 2024, 23:00:09 »
Wrapped up my set of three TKL-ish builds from the custom plates I ordered.  Last one has the switch plate jammed into a 3D printed case I designed to look a tiny bit like the Atari XE computers at the end of the 8-bit era.  So naturally, I painted it bright yellow (though that WAS a prominent accent color on the original Atari 800 and 400).  :-) 

Still noodling with a few keymap ideas, but the hardware is done.  67g "Fauxly Pandas" from AliExpress, and Akko SA-L keycaps (F-row and num-row are R4, the rest are R3).

Offline atarione

« Reply #7410 on: Mon, 08 January 2024, 16:30:09 »
I have just pulled my old WASD V1 (mx-browns) keyboard out for the first time in what must be nearly 8years... This was my first mechanical keyoard I received as a gift in around 2011~? I think.
305449-0 305447-1

Offline bfigure8

« Reply #7411 on: Sun, 14 January 2024, 07:07:01 »
Mode Eighty 2022
Copper Plate
Case foam, no plate foam
Gateron Baby Kangaroos (Lubed with Krytox205g0)
Staebies POM V2.1 (Lubed with Krytox205g0)
GMK Redline

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #7412 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 06:52:05 »
  • Apple M0110A
    Mitsumi Standard Mechanical Type 1 (Made in Japan; made in USA would have Alps SKCC and Made in Taiwan would have SMK)
    Cleaned and perfectly lubricated by Delta Research (10/10 would recommend)
    found on ebay found in discord when someone linked the ebay listing for ($75?) and it was already in nearly perfect condition, just had some light dirt on the internals and i hate touching that stuff so i get other people to do it for me lol
    Converted with a Hasu controller (QMK compatible)

still my 3rd favorite keyboard for typing after my 3276 and HHKB. something about it is just nice, maybe the light tactility at the end of the keystroke does it for me.

« Last Edit: Tue, 16 January 2024, 07:50:06 by mohawk1367 »

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #7413 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 09:44:25 »
Bespoke Mini1800 of my own design:

Acrylic top - multiple frames with various colours to play with:
https://i.imgur.com/oSoRSY7.png
https://i.imgur.com/6zJKRdT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qPh7QVb.jpg

3D printed bottom (resin)
Classic 1.6mm PCB based on RP2040
POM plate with classic poron gaskets and KBDFans module plate foam, EVA switch pads
Epomaker Budgreigar and Tecsee Purple Pandas, TX AP stabs
KAT Mizu on main photo
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 January 2024, 09:46:03 by LASERman Projects »

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #7414 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 10:21:45 »
  • Apple M0110A
    Mitsumi Standard Mechanical Type 1 (Made in Japan; made in USA would have Alps SKCC and Made in Taiwan would have SMK)
    found on ebay found in discord when someone linked the ebay listing for ($75?) and it was already in nearly perfect condition, just had some light dirt on the internals and i hate touching that stuff so i get other people to do it for me lol

still my 3rd favorite keyboard for typing after my 3276 and HHKB. something about it is just nice, maybe the light tactility at the end of the keystroke does it for me.

How do these tall Alps feel compared to a refurbed SKCL or SKCM? I am a big "Snow White" era Apple fan. I daily an M3501 and notice a few of the early Snow White designs used these taller switches.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline Tseg

« Reply #7415 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 10:24:06 »
Looks like I lied about the Neo65 being my last KB until my GB End Game shows up 2Q24,  Make room for the Vicous40.  It has its elbow's out.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #7416 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 12:13:58 »
  • Apple M0110A

How do these tall Alps feel compared to a refurbed SKCL or SKCM? I am a big "Snow White" era Apple fan. I daily an M3501 and notice a few of the early Snow White designs used these taller switches.
idk I've never used linear alps

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #7417 on: Fri, 19 January 2024, 20:29:29 »
305633-0

Been using my 2021 Dolphin since I built it about a month ago. This keyboard honestly surprised me. NGL I bought it mostly for the looks as the OG Dolphin was one of the first custom KBs I fell in love with, I wasn't expecting it to be a great feeling or sounding keyboard due to the sandwich style mount. However I was surprised to find that it has the feel you'd expect from a high end top mounted keyboard & the sound is just great with new nixies on a alum plate. I did use Geon forcebreak pads on both sides of the plate where the screws come through it so that might account for the better than expected feel. Although I don't know if it's doing much for the sound. I think having almost all of the mass in the bottom of the board & the top being a much smaller/lighter part is the secret sauce for the sound. So glad I decided to grab this in hindsight as I usually value feel & sound over looks. Never would've known what I was missing out on if I had passed on it!

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #7418 on: Fri, 19 January 2024, 21:50:09 »
(Attachment Link)

Been using my 2021 Dolphin since I built it about a month ago. This keyboard honestly surprised me. NGL I bought it mostly for the looks as the OG Dolphin was one of the first custom KBs I fell in love with, I wasn't expecting it to be a great feeling or sounding keyboard due to the sandwich style mount. However I was surprised to find that it has the feel you'd expect from a high end top mounted keyboard & the sound is just great with new nixies on a alum plate. I did use Geon forcebreak pads on both sides of the plate where the screws come through it so that might account for the better than expected feel. Although I don't know if it's doing much for the sound. I think having almost all of the mass in the bottom of the board & the top being a much smaller/lighter part is the secret sauce for the sound. So glad I decided to grab this in hindsight as I usually value feel & sound over looks. Never would've known what I was missing out on if I had passed on it!

Very pretty board, the dolphin sides are so pretty. Do wanna pick up a board with those sides (probably the dolice) because it's so nice to look at. makes it a more reassuring that the sandwich mount feels good since the dolice has similar mounting style.

Offline Tseg

« Reply #7419 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 12:36:29 »
Back to my KBD8X MkIII, trying to get my last few tap, tap, taps in.  You see, this weekend, while having cocktails, I ordered an HHKB... it will probably arrive in a week or two.  I'm being told once I go HHKB I'll never go back, so trying to enjoy these last fleeting moments with MX-style switches...

BTW, since having this board, I have rotated multiple profile keycaps, multiple switches, and this weekend spent a bit of time exploring all the foam options... I ended up with thin case foam and then packing with polyfill.  No other foam.  I have DS White Jade switches in, which are fantastic.  Interestingly, without the polyfill there was a fair amount of ping and a lot of flex feeling in the PC plate, despite being top mounted.   After adding polyfill, it feels very solid, but a great, refined clack by the switches.   With all the foam, I was definitely getting much more of a foamy/marbley feeling and sound.

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 January 2024, 12:43:36 by Tseg »

Offline sterlinghawktech

• SterlingKey
« Reply #7420 on: Fri, 02 February 2024, 07:13:31 »
Coolermaster Quick Fire RAPID-i

Got it for free from a facebook giveaway many many years ago. Some keycaps have signs of wear, but overall it's still going strong. The detachable cable and the brown switches are amazing.

Offline atarione

« Reply #7421 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 22:18:23 »
I've dug this Cherry G81-1800HAU (Cherry MY... or more like WHY?) out and hooked it up... which is entertaining as the keyboard has and AT connector.. so it is AT to PS2 adapter then active PS2 to USB adapter to get it to work.. which is fine...

It is still terrible to type on as I recall very fatiguing while typing... HOWEVER.. and I am terrified and disgusted to discover that across several different games / gaming sessions... I seem to be better at FPS games using this than my MX keyboards.... why god why??? This keyboard is too awful to daily  and it is very inconvenient to hook this USB / PS2 / AT adapted piece of junk up every time I wanted to game... so the question remains.. why does it seem to be that while it is the worst to type on ... I am actually better gaming with it...

The key caps are glorious however.        Also I am dumb I never noticed the AT / PC switch on the back of this thing what does it do?   cause the connector would still be AT ?? would it make the active USB PS2 adapter unnecessary? I don't know??   In fairness I never noticed because I used this thing for a day when I first got it and decided it was terrible and put it away.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #7422 on: Sun, 04 February 2024, 02:17:07 »
I've dug this Cherry G81-1800HAU (Cherry MY... or more like WHY?) out and hooked it up... which is entertaining as the keyboard has and AT connector.. so it is AT to PS2 adapter then active PS2 to USB adapter to get it to work.. which is fine...

It is still terrible to type on as I recall very fatiguing while typing... HOWEVER.. and I am terrified and disgusted to discover that across several different games / gaming sessions... I seem to be better at FPS games using this than my MX keyboards.... why god why??? This keyboard is too awful to daily  and it is very inconvenient to hook this USB / PS2 / AT adapted piece of junk up every time I wanted to game... so the question remains.. why does it seem to be that while it is the worst to type on ... I am actually better gaming with it...

The key caps are glorious however.        Also I am dumb I never noticed the AT / PC switch on the back of this thing what does it do?   cause the connector would still be AT ?? would it make the active USB PS2 adapter unnecessary? I don't know??   In fairness I never noticed because I used this thing for a day when I first got it and decided it was terrible and put it away.

that's pretty interesting that you are better at games with the mys. Maybe it would be the spring size or the weighting is nice (which would be a bit weird cause they are pretty similar to blacks from what I've heard)

Also those keycaps are really nice.

Offline nomodeset

« Reply #7423 on: Sun, 04 February 2024, 06:03:22 »
I’m currently using my Nightfox again. This thing has been not the shelf for a couple of years now. When I bought it around 5-6 years go I really liked it. But, as I used it more the switches and stabs began to irritate me a lot. So, this week I rebuilt it with (lubed and tuned) Durgod stabs and Gateron milky pro switches. Finished it off with a set of DCS Alchemy caps. This is a nice board now, so it’s back on the desk!

Offline TWX

« Reply #7424 on: Thu, 08 February 2024, 19:49:44 »

Looks familiar...

306081-0

I've had this sitting around for years and years.  I bought it because I was hopeful it was a good keyboard but realized its nature too late.  I didn't spend much for it though, so not totally disappointed.  Mine's also PS/2 so a little easier to use, one less adapter.

The PC/AT switch is probably for literally using on older IBM PCs that encoded the keyboard signal differently than the AT line, which was the 286 lineup, but admittedly I couldn't attest with certainty.

I've debated just harvesting it for keycaps but I might look at a conversion with new guts.  Or I may just wait until I find a messed up MX model in the same case.

TWX
C:\>echo y|format C: /q

Offline atarione

« Reply #7425 on: Thu, 08 February 2024, 21:30:19 »

Looks familiar...

(Attachment Link)

I've had this sitting around for years and years.  I bought it because I was hopeful it was a good keyboard but realized its nature too late.  I didn't spend much for it though, so not totally disappointed.  Mine's also PS/2 so a little easier to use, one less adapter.

The PC/AT switch is probably for literally using on older IBM PCs that encoded the keyboard signal differently than the AT line, which was the 286 lineup, but admittedly I couldn't attest with certainty.

I've debated just harvesting it for keycaps but I might look at a conversion with new guts.  Or I may just wait until I find a messed up MX model in the same case.

I am also hoping to find a G80 with the same layout so I can move the keycaps over... However, and hear me out...   I have been using this board for a few days and I am actually starting to like it, I am actually faster on a typing test on this than I am on my MX boards (not much but 52WPM vs 48 best before.. I can touch type but I have never been especially fast or anything.)   

Also somewhat quizzically I am actually better in games using this board than with my other mx boards?   The keyboard is a bit of a finger workout with the fairly stiff springs but I am kinda digging it... which is hilarious to some extent...    I paid $5 for this board about a decade ago and haven't ever really used it for more than a few hours before,  I was hating it at first and now having been at it a couple days, it is kinda working for me?   

I may just be a lunatic... I do tend to type pretty hard so perhaps the stiff springs help in my case keeping me from mashing the bottom out every time?    The form factor is actually pretty good as well, I am somewhat missing the windows key but "meh".. it is a pretty neat retro looking board as well.

Offline wjrii

« Reply #7426 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 12:05:12 »
I just finished up this no-stabilizers 98% (102 keys).  Hand-wired, 3D printed case, laser cut "masonite" hardboard switch plate and bottom plate, and DIY dye-sub keys (also using the laser).  Keycaps are XDA and switches are Box Jade. Far from perfect, particularly the keycap legends which are a bit more muted and variable than my phone's camera thinks, but I am pretty pleased so far.  Also my first hand-wire that didn't require any electrical re-work so yay for that!  Also, did I mention there's zero stab-rattle?  :D

Offline dirtywretch

« Reply #7427 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 15:05:25 »
Bespoke Mini1800 of my own design:

Show Image

Acrylic top - multiple frames with various colours to play with:
https://i.imgur.com/oSoRSY7.png
https://i.imgur.com/6zJKRdT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qPh7QVb.jpg

3D printed bottom (resin)
Classic 1.6mm PCB based on RP2040
POM plate with classic poron gaskets and KBDFans module plate foam, EVA switch pads
Epomaker Budgreigar and Tecsee Purple Pandas, TX AP stabs
KAT Mizu on main photo

I was just talking about my dream which would be this, except in Arisu layout. But the general notion is all right here. And I was thinking custom is where I would have to go to get it. Very cool!

Offline 87supra

« Reply #7428 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 19:11:09 »

Epomaker Shadow X - Box Jades
Ryzen 7 5800x | Zotac RTX 3080 10GB | 16GB RAM | 512MB NVMe | 1TB SSD | 4TB internal mec | 21 TB external | MSI MAG 32 2k 144
Bosgame 7735hs | 512 NVMe | 2TB SSD | 2.5 TB external
ASUS ROG G15 | 6800H | RTX3060
SMSL AO200 | Matrix Mini balanced | Klipsch RP 600M ii

Offline TWX

« Reply #7429 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 20:00:37 »

Looks familiar...

(Attachment Link)

I am also hoping to find a G80 with the same layout so I can move the keycaps over... However, and hear me out...   I have been using this board for a few days and I am actually starting to like it, I am actually faster on a typing test on this than I am on my MX boards (not much but 52WPM vs 48 best before.. I can touch type but I have never been especially fast or anything.)   

Also somewhat quizzically I am actually better in games using this board than with my other mx boards?   The keyboard is a bit of a finger workout with the fairly stiff springs but I am kinda digging it... which is hilarious to some extent...    I paid $5 for this board about a decade ago and haven't ever really used it for more than a few hours before,  I was hating it at first and now having been at it a couple days, it is kinda working for me?   

I may just be a lunatic... I do tend to type pretty hard so perhaps the stiff springs help in my case keeping me from mashing the bottom out every time?    The form factor is actually pretty good as well, I am somewhat missing the windows key but "meh".. it is a pretty neat retro looking board as well.

Eh, if I'm going to use a rubberdome, it's going to be a battlecruiser keyboard like the Gateway 2000 "AnyKey" that was made for them by Maxiswitch, or the Sun Type 6.  These are ~120 key models, the GW2K is macro-programmable.  Despite being rubberdomes they're very nice to type on.

To me the layout of the 1800 is poor enough for general purpose use that it needs something to redeem it, like the presence of quality switches.  I actually had one of those Cherry-sourced Compaq 11800 with integrated trackball, at that point I didn't realize the implications of the switches and since the Escape key was bad I parted with the keyboard.  Knowing what I now know I would have kept it and fixed it.

The 1800 series seem ideally suited for datacenter applications where they fit on shelves that fit in 19" racks.  The rubberdome model is fine for that sort of uncommon use in the datacenter when it's just racked and there, but I wouldn't want to use the MY model otherwise to be honest.
TWX
C:\>echo y|format C: /q

Offline Tseg

« Reply #7430 on: Mon, 19 February 2024, 20:23:03 »
Sweet and simple.

Offline TimeRelapse

« Reply #7431 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 21:06:59 »
Home: Ingot TKL or Moontower V2
Work: Myth

Offline krzank

« Reply #7432 on: Fri, 23 February 2024, 03:25:14 »
Wooting ONE (click), DROP CTRL&ALT (various versions&switches), AKKO/ducky 8087 (cherry blue), DZ60/KailhBoxWhite

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #7433 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 07:39:56 »
Wooting ONE (click), DROP CTRL&ALT (various versions&switches), AKKO/ducky 8087 (cherry blue), DZ60/KailhBoxWhite
Are you an octopus?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7434 on: Sat, 09 March 2024, 04:55:26 »
306515-0

My mother-in-law just gave me her 1995 Lexmark-made IBM Model M 1391401. She used it only once a month (to prepare the Orchid Society newsletter), and as it's from Lexmark's last year of production, all it needed was a quick clean and it's like it just came off the assembly line. Sweeet! 🤗

(The microwave's on the table because we're redoing the kitchen.)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline sarahn27

• Null Design Co
« Reply #7435 on: Sun, 10 March 2024, 19:34:29 »
BT65! First time soldering hotswap sockets on a board. I used the longer millmax ones. It went pretty well although I do have a bit of experience soldering. It was pretty difficult just finding a 65% PCB though. Switches are Haimu Lemons from Cannonkeys which I really like. And keycaps are Less but Better* IMG_2907.png (1300.4 kB - downloaded 13 times.)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #7436 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 05:50:22 »
(Attachment Link)

My mother-in-law just gave me her 1995 Lexmark-made IBM Model M 1391401. She used it only once a month (to prepare the Orchid Society newsletter), and as it's from Lexmark's last year of production, all it needed was a quick clean and it's like it just came off the assembly line. Sweeet! 🤗

(The microwave's on the table because we're redoing the kitchen.)

Cool. I LOVE your computer case on the right, with a glass window! - is it ITX? :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline marcusr

« Reply #7437 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 13:22:51 »
I just got my Cyber01, so I'm using it from now on, honestly looks pretty cool and sounds decent.

Offline Tseg

« Reply #7438 on: Sun, 17 March 2024, 21:23:14 »
I’m pretty happy with the F77 since getting it.  It feels like it will last an eternity.  It is even better now that I installed a clean external USB-C mount.  I can rotate with my other boards much easier.

Offline Tseg

« Reply #7439 on: Fri, 22 March 2024, 07:41:26 »
Well, maybe this is the one....?

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #7440 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 00:40:59 »
I need to take photos in better lighting, but I just switched over to a new wireless Corne build with stock JWK linears and GMK Jamon (for the time being).

This is my first sub-60% board and so far I'm really loving it. I've always used a space-fn layer for hjkl arrows and various other navigation bits, so adding another layer for numbers, symbols, etc wasn't too enormous of a jump. I'm still getting used to the layout and home-row mods, but it's really growing on me.

I need to find a better case though. I've seen some aluminum cases floating around. This budget 3d printed case is the biggest pain point switching from a PrimeKB Meridian
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u