Author Topic: Jd40 Spacebar Stabilizer  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
Jd40 Spacebar Stabilizer
« on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:16:36 »
Hello recently I bought the JD40 basic +electronic kit and was putting it together but ran into a problem.  I have no idea how to install the spacebar stabilizer.

Here's a picture of the stabilizer

I've tried running the metal bar through the long hole in the plate but the bump in the bar puts pressure on the plate and stabilizers when it's underneath. and I can't figure out how to get it on top either.   :-X

Any help would be appreciated
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: Jd40 Spacebar Stabilizer
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:25:39 »
Hello recently I bought the JD40 basic +electronic kit and was putting it together but ran into a problem.  I have no idea how to install the spacebar stabilizer.

Here's a picture of the stabilizer
Show Image

I've tried running the metal bar through the long hole in the plate but the bump in the bar puts pressure on the plate and stabilizers when it's underneath. and I can't figure out how to get it on top either.   :-X

Any help would be appreciated

You're not crazy, Bunny was given the wrong wires with the Cherry plate stabs. He mentioned it here. It sounded like replacements will be shipped out shortly

BTW, nice looking switch tops!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:29:05 »
That's like a half costar / half cherry wire with an extended Z bend.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:32:02 »
This explains so much, thanks for the info.

Hmm might have to experiment with making my own wire.

BTW, nice looking switch tops!

thanks I'm pretty sure getting all those clear tops on gave me mild carpal tunnel  ;D
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX